The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope Anna has some say in Josh's wanting 25 kids. I know how much of a toll having four took on my body. I couldn't imagine having any more! LOL

Next announcement we hear will be Michelle is expecting again....J/K, well, no, not really.

I truly hope Josh was joking! Although if I wanted to joke,I would have said something like 'I want 50 girls'.Clearly a joke there.
Yes,I totally expected both Anna and Michelle to be pregnant again bf the end of this yr.One down,one to go.

Uhoh... don't mess with da Duggars, they just may go gangsta on ya! Not exactly the kind of image I would have associated with the Duggars...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/03/19-ki...m-bob-guns-photo-indonesian-exchange-student/

(ETA: for the record, I have nothing against having guns... have a couple in our house... I'm just shocked by the image styling. Seriously, pics of "playing" with real guns, make me cringe... they aren't play things are posing props)

JB's comments lead me to beleive he was trying to cover all the bases! lol,yeah,not what I'd expect from their public image.

Uhoh... don't mess with da Duggars, they just may go gangsta on ya! Not exactly the kind of image I would have associated with the Duggars...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/03/19-ki...m-bob-guns-photo-indonesian-exchange-student/

(ETA: for the record, I have nothing against having guns... have a couple in our house... I'm just shocked by the image styling. Seriously, pics of "playing" with real guns, make me cringe... they aren't play things are posing props)

In an effort to give an Indonesian foreign exchange student the real "USA" experience -- one of the stars of the TLC reality show "19 Kids and Counting" handed the guy a GUN and told him to smile!
Above from the article. They also host an exchange student?

I found a board talking about a "Cousin Amy" posting on Facebook about the exchange student and she is the one that posted the gun image that is now buzzing all over the media.

I found a board talking about a "Cousin Amy" posting on Facebook about the exchange student and she is the one that posted the gun image that is now buzzing all over the media.
I'm guessing it's not something Jim Bob,with his political and wholesome image,would have wanted out there.bet he had a word with cousin Amy,LOL.as ...WORD!!!!
looks as if it was just meant to be more of a private pic..TLC must be coughing up hairballs by now..

I see nothing wrong. Nothing wrong with target practice or proud gun ownership.

Personally, I have a bigger problem's w/ people shooting wolves from a helicopter.

I have never watched the show 18 and counting, and now I am glad. I am very surprised at this picture. This sure is not the image presented in the ads on TLC! I believe in the right to bear arms, people who own guns or use guns for target practice, some hunt(with respect to the animals)to feed their families. All these things are not my cup of tea but I have no issue with people having that right.

But, with this picture, I find this no different than behavior, and in my humble opinion: it is disturbing. Aren't there very young children in this household?

:twocents:

I see nothing wrong with the picture at all.

Owning a gun is legal, target practice is legal, taking a snapshot of you holding your gun is legal.

I don't get what the big deal is. Not like they were pointing it at anybody or acting stupid with the guns. Just a snapshot.

JMO

Not that MHO means squat in their lives - am I the only one who hopes (but doubts) the test is negative? (Honestly after 19 kids and counting, she still needs a pregnancy test?)

While we are privy to the fun times and travels of 19 kids and counting, (I don't watch, but see ads on line) I cannot for the life of me imagine chasing after all those toddlers while dealing with teens and their growing up issues. I spread my 3 kids out over 10 years - it worked for my family, but it also makes me sensitive (on a miniscule level) to the challenges of raising toddlers and teens. I wish for them to have many, many years of continued good health - their kids will need them for a very long time.

she's not pregnant as of yet...read the duggar pity forum.it's just another ploy to get ppl to watch the show.(possibly the gun photo is,too).

I notice that their friends, the Bates, with the 18 kids are getting press time... are they getting their own show as well? I noticed on the Nightline piece that the mother is like the cookie cutter verison of Michelle...

I notice that their friends, the Bates, with the 18 kids are getting press time... are they getting their own show as well? I noticed on the Nightline piece that the mother is like the cookie cutter verison of Michelle...
not that I know of,I'm sure that would have been mentioned on the forum.but I wonder,too,if one is in the works.
I actually like this family;they come across as being very sincere and down -to- earth..just very naive at times.

http://www.gilbatesfamily.com/

the house here is the one the Duggar's helped them build on the show..it was supposed to be just a laundry room addition,but that got changed into a whole house..not sure how much tlc manipulated that though.

http://www.gilbatesfamily.com/

the house here is the one the Duggar's helped them build on the show..it was supposed to be just a laundry room addition,but that got changed into a whole house..not sure how much tlc manipulated that though.

I have been looking at their site... the difference I find with them is that they seem to look at their kids as individuals, instead of a group or number. Of course I am only judging this by their website. BUT, they do seem more likable than the Duggars on that fact, alone.

BBM

I PROUDLY brainwash my child EVERY single day! And when I'm not...I pay tuition to a private christian school for some more! I do my very best to instill wholesome values, a good work ethic, personal responsibility, and the ability to do the right thing, even when many around may not be.

:woohoo:

and BTW...I'm an atheist!

If you don't believe in God, then why would you send your child to a Christian school? Not that I don't think it's a good thing, I'm just curious.

I've met several atheists who were also very nice people who possess many of the character traits your mentioned, they just happen not to believe in God. I've always wondered (in relation to these folks), what does it hurt to believe in God, since you're already living many facets of a Christian life, and just think...what if you're wrong, and God really does exist...wouldn't it be better for you to give Him the benefit of the doubt?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back