The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She doesn't have to go through delivery. Not to be gruesome, unless that's up to her and her physician if it is best for her to go through a full delivery or not. (per my MD boyfriend) She was having a planned 4th C section, which is dangerous already. I don't presume to know what the risk factors for her are with a vaginal delivery, but the doctors might advice a D&E, as distasteful as this is to them. It may be safest for Michelle, and the baby is deceased.

When this happens, you can't help but think that maybe, just maybe the doctors are mistaken. I refused to go through any procedure, just in case she was in fact alive. Nature eventually took its course.

I just hope Michelle doesn't feel that she needs to "replace" this baby. I hope that makes sense. After I had 2 miscarriages back to back, I felt this way, for a little bit...but it was too late to do anything about it, as DH had had his procedure done, while I was still pregnant, and before miscarriage #2. Luckily, it's not something that has haunted me overmuch, since the kids I have now keep me hopping!

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/12/08/michelle-duggar-miscarriage/

"After the appointment, we came back home and told the children," Duggar told People. "We had just been talking about baby names last night and they were getting excited about naming a boy or a girl. It has been a real sad disappointment."

The Duggars plan to select a name for the baby and hold a funeral service. Michelle and her husband Jim Bob have 19 children, ranging in age from one to 23 years old.

:(

Hardly a warning from God! God does not "warn" people by taking away babies!

I wouldn't think so either. I questioned the choices of them having another baby, never would I ever wish either the Mother or the baby any harm. I will pray for acceptance and peace for this family as the death of a baby is to say the least, heart wrenching.

Hardly a warning from God! God does not "warn" people by taking away babies!

Nature, then. These people should concentrate on the children they do have instead of trying to have more. The previous child was very premature and could have died. They don't test for chromosomal abnormalities. Risk of chromosomal abnormalities increases with age, and if fetus had chromosomal abnormalities, that increases a chance of a miscarriage. I don't believe anyone wished for them to have a miscarriage, but in situation such as this, it was kind of obvious the chance of this pregnancy ending up well wasn't very good. This mother has 19 kids. She should think about that instead of risking her life by attempting to have more.

My heart breaks for this family. I was very very sad to read about their loss.

Doesn't mean I have to approve of it.

No, it doesn't.

But thank God we can all decide what we think is best for our own families.

It is my opinion that she is doing what she thinks is right.

They definitely share the same values of exploiting their children, getting as much media attention for their family as possible, putting fame over their children's well being, etc. At least most of the Kardashians are of age.

They definitely share the same values of exploiting their children, getting as much media attention for their family as possible, putting fame over their children's well being, etc. At least most of the Kardashians are of age.

I was thinking more of the materialism aspect, as well as living out their Christian beliefs. While, frankly having 19+ kids doesn't seem healthy to me, on many levels, they are, at least, raising those 19 kids with solid values.

And..the show is probably giving all the kids a nice trust fund to draw from later.

As I've always said, that Jim-Bob is sharp.

I was thinking more of the materialism aspect, as well as living out their Christian beliefs. While, frankly having 19+ kids doesn't seem healthy to me, on many levels, they are, at least, raising those 19 kids with solid values.

And..the show is probably giving all the kids a nice trust fund to draw from later.

As I've always said, that Jim-Bob is sharp.

Well lets hope the show gives these children a trust fund because frankly I don't know what they are going to be capable of doing for living otherwise (especially the female ones) if they don't find their own Jim-Bobs.

Well lets hope the show gives these children a trust fund because frankly I don't know what they are going to be capable of doing for living otherwise (especially the female ones) if they don't find their own Jim-Bobs.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting your life's vocation to be that of a wife and mother, but then again, I live near a very large Amish community, so maybe I'm biased. FWIW, though, many Amish women have their own businesses. I'm pretty sure that if any of the girls decided they wanted a career, their parents would be ok with it. I doubt they would shun them.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting your life's vocation to be that of a wife and mother, but then again, I live near a very large Amish community, so maybe I'm biased. FWIW, though, many Amish women have their own businesses. I'm pretty sure that if any of the girls decided they wanted a career, their parents would be ok with it. I doubt they would shun them.

It's not as easy as deciding one wants a career. One needs education and skills for that.

And they have education and skills.

It's not as easy as deciding one wants a career. One needs education and skills for that.

I don't believe their parents stop them from attending college. Before that, they receive the same education (maybe even more) than any other child.

This show, alone, has certainly opened doors for them to experience things and places that my own children probably will never see, as children, anyway.

Having said that, there's also nothing wrong with deciding that you don't want to be a wife and/or mother, and would rather devote your life to a career outside the home. I've known several women who have done that. And one day, they each woke up one morning, and felt they were missing out. So they got married and had kids. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back