The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A 12 year doesn't require the amount of attention a two year old would.That's my point.
They most certainly do....but in different ways.......
This is at the age (if not before) some females get their periods and boys start having wet dreams.
Regardless of the sex those teenage hormones are raging.....they need lots of parental guidance to let them know what they are feeling is normal and natural, etc.....
Oh no, I forgot, no parental guidance is necessary......
The older Duggar "Buddies" will explain it all. No parental guidance necessary.

Just as your body tells you when to stop eating, drinking, or any activity, I think it also tells you when it's time to stop becoming pregnant. If they don't believe in birth control then they will have to choose to abstain or find an acceptable way of birth control. I think if they don't stop Michelle may die. They have 19 beautiful children and 2 grandchildren. It's time for them to enjoy what they have and feel very blessed.

Just as your body tells you when to stop eating, drinking, or any activity, I think it also tells you when it's time to stop becoming pregnant. If they don't believe in birth control then they will have to choose to abstain or find an acceptable way of birth control. I think if they don't stop Michelle may die. They have 19 beautiful children and 2 grandchildren. It's time for them to enjoy what they have and feel very blessed.

Imo ,they require more attention.

I totally agree. Babies& toddlers are EASY! Teens & Tweens are work and require vigilance IMO too many parents think they are done and mistakenly trust their teens far too much.

I do think the Duggars are doing a good job. *see previous posts

They don't have 19 kids requiring their mother's individual attention.Six of them are over 18 ,one married with kids of his own.Five are between the ages of 12 and 17 .

Many kids have mothers with careers .That's why the phrase "it's not the quantity but the quality of the time" came about.
To say a stay at home mom gives her child less time because she has too many kids sounds rather ironic too me. What about the kids who spend from 6:30 am to 5:30 pm in daycare,get picked up ,a quick dinner ,then bedtime,just to do the same thing tomorrow? Is anyone criticizing the moms who have busy careers?

I criticize mothers with busy careers all the time, especially those that choose a job over their child.

A 12 year doesn't require the amount of attention a two year old would.That's my point.

Imo ,they require more attention.

I had to add my two cents on this one. I agree with most posters. Drug use, alcohol abuse, car accidents, firearm or other accidents, depression, suicide, cutting, sex, etc., etc. To me, it is a more dangerous period for a child to go through than toddler hood. Kids that age need even more ADULT supervision and care than ever before, IMO. I mean, even with all the care and love in the world, teenagers can come to harm, so it's a time period in their lives that I am doubly concerned about.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/io...cle_964a54f6-5104-11e1-b424-0019bb2963f4.html

Teresa Hunt, of Bettendorf, is accused of threatening to release photos of a cast member in "apparently intimate situations" to a magazine.

Hunt then sent an email with three pictures attached to the undercover agent, according to the affidavit.

"I have more buried in a box at my parent's home, but it will take some time to go through the boxes to find them. I'm attaching what I currently have on my computer. I hope these are enough," the email said.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/io...cle_964a54f6-5104-11e1-b424-0019bb2963f4.html

Teresa Hunt, of Bettendorf, is accused of threatening to release photos of a cast member in "apparently intimate situations" to a magazine.

Hunt then sent an email with three pictures attached to the undercover agent, according to the affidavit.

"I have more buried in a box at my parent's home, but it will take some time to go through the boxes to find them. I'm attaching what I currently have on my computer. I hope these are enough," the email said.

Well, well. I'd like to know which of the girls was sleeping with a 56-year-old man...

It's funny that the first assumption was that it was one of the "girls", as in one of the girl children.

Much to do about nothing.

When will this family not be a target of hatred and constant criticism.

It's funny that the first assumption was that it was one of the "girls", as in one of the girl children.

Not to be snarky, but maybe when they stop putting their family out there for public consumption. JMO :cow:

Pretty much what I thought. The lady is crazy. That was my first impression. If she really wanted to destroy the family's image, and ruin their t.v. show, all she had to do was sell the photos to TMZ, if they really existed.

Of course there is nothing in them that would hurt the family. Those kids are strictly monitored and "trained". Your not going to find one gallivanting with a 50 year old.

I don't think this has to do with hatred or criticism. It has to do with the kind of nutter that targets the famous. Famous people are targets of extortion attempts all the time.

But as for real criticism, which this family does face on a regular basis, I agree with Gogrannypop. When people publicize their private lives, they will be subject to criticism, warranted, or not.

Well to be fair some people try to supervise their children all they long and children still manage to do things their parents don't approve off. But not the Duggar children, clearly.
:floorlaugh:

Not to be snarky, but maybe when they stop putting their family out there for public consumption. JMO :cow:

That does not excuse the almost excitement when anything bad comes up.

People love to hate them.

I think that's sad.

JMO

I guess some people do dislike them. I think it is a bit arrogant of them to have 19 children. If they had adopted 19 children then I would consider it heroic. But to biologically create 19 is irresponsible, imo.

It's not any of the children that are supposedly in the photos. It's the first cousin of the family. But supposedly the photos don't actually show anything incriminating.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/02/duggar-family-extortion-fbi-sting-19-kids-counting

Hilarious. The pictures must have been REALLY boring if RadarOnline couldn't make them look like anything. :innocent:

From your link:

The woman contacted RadarOnline.com to sell the photographs, which were merely harmless snaps rather than incriminating, damning photos, and we reviewed the pictures but did not purchase them. Radar had no knowledge that the woman was trying to extort TLC.

I was raised in a family of 14 children (stirct Catholic). All born to the same mother and father. No we probably did not get the individual attention that children from a smaller family would receive. What we did get was love and a strict (not overly so) upbringing. We were taught what was right and what was wrong and that their would be consequences if we did not adhere to our parents rules. As with the Duggers it was a loving household and growing up with that many siblings was a blast. I had a wonderful childhood. So the idea that because they had so many children and therefore did not give them enough attention is as ridiculous as those saying that sending your children to daycare is somehow bad. I have relatives that kept their children at home and one of them grew up to try to kill his mother and the other is a selfish ***** (not just my opinion). So it is not quantity, it is quality and I think the Duggers give their children the right kind of attention and example. Also they do not receive money from the state so who the cares how many children they have. Their business not ours.

I was raised in a family of 14 children (stirct Catholic). All born to the same mother and father. No we probably did not get the individual attention that children from a smaller family would receive. What we did get was love and a strict (not overly so) upbringing. We were taught what was right and what was wrong and that their would be consequences if we did not adhere to our parents rules. As with the Duggers it was a loving household and growing up with that many siblings was a blast. I had a wonderful childhood. So the idea that because they had so many children and therefore did not give them enough attention is as ridiculous as those saying that sending your children to daycare is somehow bad. I have relatives that kept their children at home and one of them grew up to try to kill his mother and the other is a selfish ***** (not just my opinion). So it is not quantity, it is quality and I think the Duggers give their children the right kind of attention and example. Also they do not receive money from the state so who the cares how many children they have. Their business not ours.

I think this thread is always going to go around in circles regarding the Duggars. You either like them or you don't. I have no problem with how many children anyone has, you can have as many or as few as you want (or none). My problem is with the way these children are raised in the thouhgt that women are basically put on this earth to be breeders and to serve men. That to me, is wrong, and a violation of basic human rights. And I am going to say yet again, even though some people refuse to believe it- those girls are NOT helpers. They RAISE the little ones. They do all the housework, child care, cooking, etc. They are almost treated as servants (the girls anyways).
If anyone wants to disagree with me, I suggest doing some research. Check out Bill Gothard, Vision Forum, Quiverfull, etc. Women in this culture ARE seen as "less than" men, and I don't like it at all. Check out "blanket training" (the Duggars have said in the past they use this). It entails leaving a BABY on a blanket, then when they try to crawl off the blanket, they are whacked with a wooden spoon. This is called "training" the child to have patience and to teach them to stay where they are put. I think it is horrific.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xGothicBreenax
Back