The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unbelievable. The article is pretty poorly written, but I don't know if that's the woman's fault (for speaking in circles) or the writer's fault for...well, being a bad writer. For instance, is there a box buried in her parent's back yard with photos in it? (If so, I'm thinking she's a paranoid something or other). Or are the photos "buried" in a box (i.e. along with many others?) I finally figured out that the girl is supposedly having an affair with the musician, but for a while there, I thought this lady was insinuating that the girl was involved in a same-sex relationship with her.

The Duggars don't appear to be hurting anyone with their small army of children, not that I can tell, anyway. Many may not agree with the fact that they have so many children, but at least they're not relying on the government (and, in reality, the rest of us) to support them, as many with far lesser children are. No offense to those on public assistance -- it has a definite place in our society, but as a "hand up", not as a way of life. And as a "hand up", I fully embrace and support it, and don't mind paying into it. As a way of life....there, I have an issue with it (And, "by way of life," I mean, when you are fully able to work, but make a conscious choice not to, and to collect welfare benefits, instead.)

JMO, of course.

I think this thread is always going to go around in circles regarding the Duggars. You either like them or you don't. I have no problem with how many children anyone has, you can have as many or as few as you want (or none). My problem is with the way these children are raised in the thouhgt that women are basically put on this earth to be breeders and to serve men. That to me, is wrong, and a violation of basic human rights. And I am going to say yet again, even though some people refuse to believe it- those girls are NOT helpers. They RAISE the little ones. They do all the housework, child care, cooking, etc. They are almost treated as servants (the girls anyways).
If anyone wants to disagree with me, I suggest doing some research. Check out Bill Gothard, Vision Forum, Quiverfull, etc. Women in this culture ARE seen as "less than" men, and I don't like it at all. Check out "blanket training" (the Duggars have said in the past they use this). It entails leaving a BABY on a blanket, then when they try to crawl off the blanket, they are whacked with a wooden spoon. This is called "training" the child to have patience and to teach them to stay where they are put. I think it is horrific.

(above bbm)

ITA -- kind of like.....Neil Diamond, tattoos, the Kardashian's, pierced ears on baby girls, Nutella, and the list goes on and on..... :)

Ah...I see now. It's Cousin Amy all the buzz is about. Can't honestly say Cousin Amy ever crossed my mind. Since she's a country singer herself, I guess I could see her becoming involved with another country singer. She will undoubtedly (and I say this with no sarcasm) become one of the Duggar's ministries, if she is not, already. It's what they do. Again, said without sarcasm.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2012/02/duggar-family-extortion-19-kids-and-counting.html

An Iowa woman who said she had pictures of a Duggar family member in "intimate situations" with an older man has found herself in a situation of her own: Teresa Hunt is facing federal extortion charges after allegedly trying to convert the photos into a $10,000 payday, or a "19 Kids and Counting" cancellation.

Cousin Amy Duggar, the family member targeted by Hunt, said the accusations of inappropriate behavior couldn't be further from the truth.

"It's totally untrue," Amy Duggar said in a statement obtained by the Ministry. The aforementioned musician "is a long time family friend who has always been supportive of my music career. He's a good Christian and it's upsetting that his generosity has been exploited like this."

Hunt, of Bettendorf, Iowa, was arrested Wednesday.

I met Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar at CPAC yesterday. We were getting a cab to go downtown for lunch when we saw them getting out of a small rental car in front of the hotel where the conference was being held. I grabbed my daughters arm and said look, it's the Duggars! We went up to them and asked if we could take a pic with them and they were very nice. In fact Michelle was super nice and friendly. Just wanted to share it on this thread since there has been quite a discussion about the Duggars. I am not a regular watcher of their show (or any show for that matter) but I did think it was really cool to get to meet them. BTW, they were at the conference in support of Santorum and Michelle, participated in a panel on family and motherhood. Below is my pic with Michelle.

2myqmud.jpg

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2012/02/duggar-family-extortion-19-kids-and-counting.html

An Iowa woman who said she had pictures of a Duggar family member in "intimate situations" with an older man has found herself in a situation of her own: Teresa Hunt is facing federal extortion charges after allegedly trying to convert the photos into a $10,000 payday, or a "19 Kids and Counting" cancellation.

Cousin Amy Duggar, the family member targeted by Hunt, said the accusations of inappropriate behavior couldn't be further from the truth.

"It's totally untrue," Amy Duggar said in a statement obtained by the Ministry. The aforementioned musician "is a long time family friend who has always been supportive of my music career. He's a good Christian and it's upsetting that his generosity has been exploited like this."

Hunt, of Bettendorf, Iowa, was arrested Wednesday.

Good. You just can't extort people. I am not against criticism of public people, especially on reality shows, but extortion? Come on. And I think their kids should be left alone and the media should be way reigned in. It really bothers me how cameras swarm in celebrities faces, follow them like they are criminals and especially, harass them when they are with their kids. Awful stuff. I'm not a fan of the celebrity lifestyle in general, bu we need to have a bit more dignity and decorum in our society.

I wouldn't be surprised if Michelle and Jim Bob announce that she's pregnant again.

To each their own, but she really needs to be thinking about her health. She needs to take care of herself and give her body time to heal.

JMO, MOO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.

Let me guess, the next TLC special will be Michelle and Jim Bob's Next Conception!!!! Oh wait, her's are probably immaculate...what am I thinking???;) You think anything is sacred for these people???

The tragic moment the Duggars learned of the news was captured by reality television cameras and will be aired on this coming season of TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting.

Source: http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/02/michelle-duggar-miscarriage-19-kids-and-counting

I certainly won't be watching them exploit this dead baby in the name of ratings.

MOO

Mel

I really wonder, though, if they feel that this is just another stage of their lives, and because the show portrays how they live with a lot of children, this is just part of it.

Having suffered 3 miscarriages that I know of, I'm not sure I'll be watching, just because, for me, it brings up painful memories. But, on the flip side, seeing how they deal with this sad time could help others who have gone through this, because I do think they deal with it positively.

They were on the Today show this morning but i missed the ineterview

I really wonder, though, if they feel that this is just another stage of their lives, and because the show portrays how they live with a lot of children, this is just part of it.

Having suffered 3 miscarriages that I know of, I'm not sure I'll be watching, just because, for me, it brings up painful memories. But, on the flip side, seeing how they deal with this sad time could help others who have gone through this, because I do think they deal with it positively.

I'm with you. Like Michelle, I lost a baby at 20 weeks. This was 22 years ago and I still have a hard time seeing someone have an ultrasound because that is how I found out. To see the Duggar's go through the same thing just sounds too painful.
I do pray for them. No matter how many children you have you never forget the ones you lost.

At what point do you count your blessings and move on to a new stage in life - like that of being a grandparent. It's getting weird now that her children are beginning to have children. I've always been impressed by the way the parents managed to run an ordered home that seems to include love and respect among the family members. Now, I'm wondering why they insist on pushing their luck. They'd call it faith but I've witnessed many people who have faith get knocked down.

It reminds me of peeps who get plastic surgery and the first procedure does the trick and is good for helping one cope with aging but then they keep trying to chase father time and end up looking weird or in rare cases, dead.

In other words, it's better to quit while you're ahead!

If one can be a cat hoarder or a dog hoarder, I guess one can be a baby hoarder too.

It's very simple. They don't believe in preventing.
They have that right.

It's not addiction.
It's not hoarding.

It's how THEY live THEIR lives.

Imo ,they require more attention.

Ha! Ain't that the truth!
On another note, it'll be interesting to observe what choices the daughters, some of whom are forced 'mothers' themselves, make.
If I was one of them, I would appreciate a break from doing laundry for once in my life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70
Back