The Fall Of Kabul To The Taliban

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to. What is he saying?

Well, for starters, he didn't speak about Afghanistan first, but instead about the $3.5 trillion budget and "infrastructure" bill and how amazing Pelosi was to get it through the house, and how well the US is doing, overall. Two free years of community college, child tax credit, raising corporate taxes. Then Afghanistan.

PM promises to unlock hundreds of millions if new Afghan regime will agree to list of demands | Daily Mail Online

Boris Johnson made a dramatic offer to the Taliban last night, saying the West would unfreeze hundreds of millions of pounds in funding if the group agreed to a string of conditions.

Despite failing to secure an extension to the August 31 withdrawal deadline, the Prime Minister claimed the G7's 'considerable influence' could help bring the Taliban to heel.

Mr Johnson, who hosted an emergency virtual G7 meeting last night, said the powers would allow Afghanistan's new leaders to access frozen funds if they allowed girls to be educated, prevented the country from becoming a breeding ground for terror and cracked down on the heroin trade.

He added that the G7's 'number one condition' was 'safe passage' for those who wanted to leave beyond the end of the month when Western troops pull out.

PM promises to unlock hundreds of millions if new Afghan regime will agree to list of demands | Daily Mail Online

Boris Johnson made a dramatic offer to the Taliban last night, saying the West would unfreeze hundreds of millions of pounds in funding if the group agreed to a string of conditions.

Despite failing to secure an extension to the August 31 withdrawal deadline, the Prime Minister claimed the G7's 'considerable influence' could help bring the Taliban to heel.

Mr Johnson, who hosted an emergency virtual G7 meeting last night, said the powers would allow Afghanistan's new leaders to access frozen funds if they allowed girls to be educated, prevented the country from becoming a breeding ground for terror and cracked down on the heroin trade.

He added that the G7's 'number one condition' was 'safe passage' for those who wanted to leave beyond the end of the month when Western troops pull out.

What??
So, we do negotiate with Terrorists now?

Well, for starters, he didn't speak about Afghanistan first, but instead about the $3.5 trillion budget and "infrastructure" bill and how amazing Pelosi was to get it through the house, and how well the US is doing, overall. Two free years of community college, child tax credit, raising corporate taxes. Then Afghanistan.

He's talking about two years of free community colleges, when women and girls in Afghanistan will probably never have the chance to go to school under the Taliban government? How insensitive, and out of touch this whole part of the speech is, in terms of what the most pressing issues are right now for our country.

Another aspect of this humanitarian crisis that the Biden administration needs to address.

Afghanistan's Christians are turning off phones and going into hiding

India announced last week that it will prioritize evacuating Hindus and Sikhs, two religious minorities that have already neared extinction in Afghanistan due to the Taliban’s brutal rule 20 years ago.

Canada has expressed a willingness to grant visas to religious minorities whose lives are presumed endangered under the Taliban. Among the country’s most vulnerable minorities are Christians. But the Christian community is becoming increasingly difficult to track down. And fears are growing that, for many, it’s too late and there’s no way out.

Afghanistan’s Christians are estimated to number between 10,000 and 12,000. The vast majority of them are converts from Islam to Christianity. For decades they have largely practiced their faith underground, as conversion is considered a crime punishable by death under Sharia Law.

I didnt like that

“Am I My Brother’s Keeper”

In the 20 years we have poured our all into that country they have been unable to form some kind of government.

I listened to President Biden today. We have spent trillions supporting them through four presidents.

What we are seeing today is heartbreaking but how long could we continue on?

Everything must have a beginning and an end.
I don't think the issue is should we stay or should we go. The issue is, pulling out the military prior to the extraction of Americans and Afghan personnel who were involved with helping Americans all these years. Leaving them behind is surely not going to end very well for them. Extracting them prior to pulling out our troops would have made better strategy, IMO.

"Price said that the U.S. government would recognize a potential new government of Afghanistan so long as that government "upholds rights, doesn't harbor terrorists, and protects the rights of women and girls." He did not say how the Taliban could convince the U.S. government that it has reformed itself in this way."

Are they really this delusional?
State Department calls for Taliban to include women in its government
The Taliban has made it very clear that women will have all the rights available to them by Sharia law. Yes, folks.

Biden is not calling the shots. The Taliban are. The Taliban will allow foreigners to leave up until Aug 31. I suppose things will become very serious for the people left behind. The Taliban accepts that foreigners should leave, but they will not easily allow Afghans to leave.

There's really only one choice - to get back in there with massive military assault and stop the Taliban, or accept that the Taliban have been fully equipped with USA weapons that they will use to oppress the Afghan people and to potentially launch assaults on other countries. The absence of a coordinated plan is shocking.

While most countries try desperate to evacuate people and watches in horror, it seems that China is ready to do business with the Taliban. Afghanistan minerals are worth
thousands of billions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...y-exploit-rare-earth-metals-analyst-says.html

According to the Dutch media, China have been working on this for years.

China wil Afghaanse grondstoffen: er ligt voor meer dan 1000 miljard
I would like to forecast that China will soon be making the batteries we will use in electric vehicles here in USA.

White House signs joint statement asking the Taliban to protect women and girls | Daily Mail Online

White House signs joint statement with 19 other nations asking the Taliban to protect women and girls and vowing to 'monitor closely'
  • The statement says the nations are 'deeply worried about Afghan women and girls'
  • Comes amid fears Taliban will again deny women a role in the public sphere, girls were denied schooling, and Sharia law was imposed
  • Governments say they will 'monitor closely how any future government ensures rights and freedoms' of Afghan women and girls
  • Taliban spokesman said Tuesday that 'We are guaranteeing all their rights within the limits of Islam'
  • Statement signed by 20 nations plus the European Union
Taliban leader clearly stated that women's rights were going to be protected to the fullest extent of Sharia law. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the U.S Embassy in Kabul's twitter page yesterday, and scrolled through the past few months of their tweets. I read a lot. The urgency to evacuate U.S citizens came much too late, IMO. ( I am not blaming the Embassy ) The takeover of Afghanistan by the taliban was happening for well over a month. Media personnel were being murdered, Afghan guards at other embassies were murdered, and many citizens had been tortured and killed. I am still in shock at how poorly this was carried out. The desertion of the Bagram airbase in early July still leaves me speechless. There was total and complete dereliction of duty on many fronts in this ongoing nightmare. It is all just sad and senseless, IMO. I know I am not alone in feeling this way. The world is watching! And the world sees how my country's leader has literally turned his back on it's people. I am ashamed and embarrassed, and I continue to pray and hope for rescue and survival for all those left in Afghanistan.

I went to the U.S Embassy in Kabul's twitter page yesterday, and scrolled through the past few months of their tweets. I read a lot. The urgency to evacuate U.S citizens came much too late, IMO. ( I am not blaming the Embassy ) The takeover of Afghanistan by the taliban was happening for well over a month. Media personnel were being murdered, Afghan guards at other embassies were murdered, and many citizens had been tortured and killed. I am still in shock at how poorly this was carried out. The desertion of the Bagram airbase in early July still leaves me speechless. There was total and complete dereliction of duty on many fronts in this ongoing nightmare. It is all just sad and senseless, IMO. I know I am not alone in feeling this way. The world is watching! And the world sees how my country's leader has literally turned his back on it's people. I am ashamed and embarrassed, and I continue to pray and hope for rescue and survival for all those left in Afghanistan.

There's an article in today's National Post that is a bit confusing.

This man says that he had free tickets and flights booked in June. He did not leave in June. Now it is too late. Now he's angry with Canada. I don't know what to make of it. Is this really the fault of foreign governments, or was this Afganis who thought they had time to enjoy Kabul before flying out?

He had free tickets and booked flights in June. He arrived in Kabul in late July. He had free hotel stay in July and August. Now he's stuck.

"Abdul Ahmadullah thought he’d escaped the Taliban in June when Canadian helpers paid for him and his family to flee Kandahar on a hastily booked flight.

But after reaching Kabul a month ago, Ahmadullah has been waiting with dozens of other ex-employees of Canada in hotels in downtown Kabul for a flight out, and says the group has grown increasingly terrified.​

'I can feel death coming': Ex-Canadian interpreter fears for life in long wait for Afghanistan evacuation | National Post

It's beyond ridiculous that the taliban is being allowed to call any shots at all. We should just blow them to bits if they dare touch a hair on another American's head.
Here is a drone coming straight at your head, mister taliban with a little "t"-- Boom!
Taliban deadlines mean nothing in real life. Taliban deadlines only exist namby-pamby coward life. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces