The Fall Of Kabul To The Taliban

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Price said that the U.S. government would recognize a potential new government of Afghanistan so long as that government "upholds rights, doesn't harbor terrorists, and protects the rights of women and girls." He did not say how the Taliban could convince the U.S. government that it has reformed itself in this way."

Are they really this delusional?
State Department calls for Taliban to include women in its government

If the trained Afghan Army refuses to defend their own country from the Taliban, what's to be done?

How long is the United States military expected to occupy Afghanistan in order to perform the function that their own armed forces should perform, should they have the will?

Imo, we shouldn't fight for people who refuse to fight for themselves. And I think it is good to leave. But the departure could have been done quietly before the troops were sent home. The way it is being done now, everyone is trapped at the airport. The Taliban has it surrounded and will not let anyone come and go. We are at the mercy of the Taliban hoping they won't start dropping bombs or shooting the planes down. There are other embassies that have not yet made their way to the airport. Now they can't get in. What a mess! My son said this is very sloppy and dangerous.

"Price said that the U.S. government would recognize a potential new government of Afghanistan so long as that government "upholds rights, doesn't harbor terrorists, and protects the rights of women and girls." He did not say how the Taliban could convince the U.S. government that it has reformed itself in this way."

Are they really this delusional?
State Department calls for Taliban to include women in its government

Not sure if the fact that that statement came from the US State Dept. spokesman makes me want to laugh or cry. Probably cry.

It is now 9:00 am in Kabul, Afghanistan.
I pray and hope that this day is peaceful for ALL left in Afghanistan.
I just do not have high hopes.
The culture of the Taliban is of ancient beliefs.
I don't know what's going to happen today, but, I really think it's going to be awful.
I hope that I am 100% wrong.

P.S. I am so disappointed that President Joe Biden did NOT directly address our people stuck in Afghanistan with a "we are going to get you out" message.
Not a word to these scared, frantic people.
I have many words to say about his speech, that I will not express here.
Bottom line. My prayers are that, today is not a nightmare for the citizens of Kabul.

I know this is minor for many, with all the human suffering, but what about our trained war dogs? It kills me when they are just abandoned.

"Followers of the Shafi'i school of jurisprudence in Sunni Islam, mainly found in East Africa and South-East Asia, are taught that dogs are unclean and impure."

"If they touch a dog they must wash the area of contact seven times — the first time with dirt and the remaining six times with water. If the person fails to do so, their prayers are rendered invalid."

read more at ABC Radio:

Why some Muslims will do anything to avoid touching a dog

"Followers of the Shafi'i school of jurisprudence in Sunni Islam, mainly found in East Africa and South-East Asia, are taught that dogs are unclean and impure."

"If they touch a dog they must wash the area of contact seven times — the first time with dirt and the remaining six times with water. If the person fails to do so, their prayers are rendered invalid."

read more at ABC Radio:

Why some Muslims will do anything to avoid touching a dog

What a bunch of hooey!

The Latest: Nations call for safe passage out of Afghanistan

"Dozens of nations from around the world are calling on all involved in events in Afghanistan to respect and facilitate the departure of foreign nationals and Afghans who wish to leave the country.

More than 60 nations released a joint statement Sunday night citing what they call “the deteriorating security situation” in Afghanistan. The statement says that those in power and authority across the country “bear responsibility — and accountability — for the protection of human life and property, and for the immediate restoration of security and civil order.”

I know this is minor for many, with all the human suffering, but what about our trained war dogs? It kills me when they are just abandoned.

They got the dogs out. Here is a link from ABC News' Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com
/ABC/status/1427206247338622980

Other dogs, cats and their human rescuers in Kabul still need help. The animal charity, Nowzad, is the main shelter in Afghanistan, and have done amazing work over the years, IMO. Their founder, Pen Farthing, is asking for people to reach out to UK politicians, to help evacuate the staff, and hopefully animals too.
A quick Google search brings up their information.

My heart goes out to all of innocent Afghanis, who are stuck in this terrible situation. :(

They got the dogs out. Here is a link from ABC News' Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com
/ABC/status/1427206247338622980

Other dogs, cats and their human rescuers in Kabul still need help. The animal charity, Nowzad, is the main shelter in Afghanistan, and have done amazing work over the years, IMO. Their founder, Pen Farthing, is asking for people to reach out to UK politicians, to help evacuate the staff, and hopefully animals too.
A quick Google search brings up their information.

My heart goes out to all of innocent Afghanis, who are stuck in this terrible situation. :(

Puppy Rescue Mission has bits of info on what is happening with Nowzad, Kabul small animal rescue, or Tigger house. Puppy rescue mission is a US organization that works to get dogs and cats that soldiers befriend overseas back to the states for their soldiers. Nowzad, Kabul small animal, and Tigger house have done the amazing work on their side to keep the animals safe, vetted, and ready to go home to their US soldiers. Please understand for some soldiers these animals become a lifeline. Puppy Rescue Mission’s tag line says it all….Puppies saving soldiers, Soldiers saving puppies. My DD has raised funds for them for years.

editied to remove fund raising effort info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member