The Fall Of Kabul To The Taliban

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
U.S. officials provided Taliban with names of Americans, Afghan allies to evacuate

“Basically, they just put all those Afghans on a kill list,” said one defense official, who like others spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive topic. “It’s just appalling and shocking and makes you feel unclean.”
Who are these US Officials making the decisions? I have zero, zip military training, but common sense says you don't give the enemy a list of names.

I am flabbergasted. Is this a new military concept?

Moo...

What a horrific nightmare situation. Our military is surrounded and confined to an airport. The Taliban have our weapons, our aircraft, our uniforms and they have the names of Americans and Afghan helpers.

Biden has said that the Taliban was not projected to take over for 90 days or the end of the year....why did we leave our weapons and aircraft if our best intelligence predicted the Taliban would be in control in a matter of months ?

I will never understand why this withdrawal was such a disaster ...it did not need to happen this way. For now all I can do is pray for our military and the Afghan citizens in harm's way. To pray that this doesn't end with the nightmare scenario of the Taliban or ISIS using our abandoned weapons and vehicles to inflict massive casualties.

12 US service members killed in Kabul airport explosion, officials say: LIVE UPDATES

snipped...

35 min(s) ago
Gen. McKenzie: U.S. aircraft flying in and out of Kabul are getting shot at 'on occasion'
McKenzie says evacuation flights will continue.

While acknowledging a “tough day,” Gen. McKenzie says the plans he has to evacuate Afghans and Americans is “designed to operate under stress.”

Gen. McKenzie just said since Aug. 14 the U.S. military has been sharing “information with the Taliban,” to prevent attacks since Aug. 14.

Gen. McKenzie: U.S. aircraft flying in and out of Kabul are getting shot at "on occasion."

What a horrific nightmare situation. Our military is surrounded and confined to an airport. The Taliban have our weapons, our aircraft, our uniforms and they have the names of Americans and Afghan helpers.

Biden has said that the Taliban was not projected to take over for 90 days or the end of the year....why did we leave our weapons and aircraft if our best intelligence predicted the Taliban would be in control in a matter of months ?

I will never understand why this withdrawal was such a disaster ...it did not need to happen this way. For now all I can do is pray for our military and the Afghan citizens in harm's way. To pray that this doesn't end with the nightmare scenario of the Taliban or ISIS using our abandoned weapons and vehicles to inflict massive casualties.

I agree, I am concerned for the safety of our entire country by the decisions being made.

Our Commander and Chief needs to answer the questions of Americians. It is a time of true sorrow and fear. The lack of openness to communicate in an open question and answer is cause of grave concern for many of us.

I am very thankful to the press that are risking their lives, bringing the truth for the world to see. I fear for each of them and pray for their safety.

Moo...

Yes, this. It almost feels as if it’s all we can even do at this point. I distinctly remember having my husband deployed to both Afghanistan and Iraq, waiting for the phone to ring or the knock at the door. I just can’t even describe it really.

Thank you and your husband for your service (wives sacrifice and serve too!) Hugs and God bless.

I think its safe to say that if you are not in the airport perimeter right now, you are not getting out and are on your own. From the warnings the last 24 hours to stay away, it is clear that intelligence knew these attacks were coming. It also seems clear that ISIS will be in control from here on out.

This is already so much worse than Saigon it is pathetic.

So much worse. When we had to leave Saigon, we did not leave behind a terrorist haven with the intent to destroy America and other democracies. A country which we tried for years to save from Communism, but not a country that had any interest in us once we were gone.

I just saw the terrible news. I am so sad. I am so angry. And I need to come back later. I don't want to say something I shouldn't say. Have to calm down. RIP Heroes! You will never be forgotten!

Hoping this means they are packing up to exit.
Moo...

I'm sure they are. I read a post from a journo with contacts on the ground this a.m. that said the military were already bulldozing checkpoints before the bombings. I'll see if I can find a link.

Here it is. Don't follow the link to twitter unless you want to see some absolutely horrific footage of people in the post-bombing sewage canal

Lara Logan
@laralogan

·
5h

The Biden Administration’s legacy of shame - Abbey Gate at Kabul airport. I am in touch with families on the ground - we’ve been working all day long to get out. Plane was denied clearance to land, US soldiers were bulldozing checkpoints & pulling out BEFORE this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member