The Fall Of Kabul To The Taliban

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This poor man was forced out of the airport back to his animal shelter with the 200 animals he's been trying to evacuate. He's back to being stuck in Kabul.
I hope and pray that he's going to somehow complete his mission.

Update from Nowzad's Pen Farthing on his experience of being at the airport perimeter in the aftermath of the blast.
He was away from the actual blast site, but he describes the chaos afterwards.

'I've had an AK poked in my face'

So listening to this general speak, I have to question why we're doing dangerous pat down searches of Afghan nationals with the acknowledged threat that they could be blown to bits in that process, as likely happened today.

If a suicide bomber gets his bomb aboard a refugee aircraft hundreds of our citizens would die.

On August 18th, POTUS Joe Biden went on TV, in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopolous for GMA, and literally knocked on wood, claiming " No one's being killed right now", while discussing the situation in Afghanistan. Our troops lives, and American citizens lives are in his hands.....and he knocked on wood.
We now have learned that Biden's Military leaders were giving Intel to the taliban..
There isn't much he can read from a teleprompter today, that will convince me that we are safe.

I just saw the terrible news. I am so sad. I am so angry. And I need to come back later. I don't want to say something I shouldn't say. Have to calm down. RIP Heroes! You will never be forgotten!
I understand how you feel. Because I launched this thread I felt the obligation to keep partisan politics out of my own comments.

Watching Biden now and can't believe he said that the US will reciprocate at a time and place of our choosing; that's almost word for word what George W. Bush said right after 9/11. We need a new plan, a real plan, not just soaring rhetoric.
I do feel for Biden that he lost a wife, a daughter and a son (the good one). But other Americans have lost their children today when they were on the doorstep to the exit. Never should this have been so *advertiser censored****d up.

And he can't get it through his head that it is not that he pulled out. It is how he did it. Notice when he has no answer to a question he goes back to that. Or brings up Beau. Another way to deflect and change the subject.

For someone who has been in politics for 40 years, I think Biden should be more aware of the optics. When he felt frustrated with a reporter he put his head down on the lectern for long enough that 1000 pictures were probably snapped. It was a very defeatist looking posture and will play well with our enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles