The HW or WH belt evidence at gilgonews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"48 Hours" offers a rare look at the methodology of a murderer in "The Hunt for the Long Island Serial Killer" airing Saturday, December 12 at 10/9c on CBS.

Did the Long Island serial killer shop for look-alike victims online?
**Also, for those on Long Island and if you are not familiar, News12 will have Geraldine on at 9 PM** tonight Friday Dec 11 (10 Year Anniversary)
and the only real evidence they gave us is a belt of some sort. Very sad. Very very sad.

I am going with the Barnes image file name and they messed up when uploading the name initially and then fixed it. Does this mean they found other pieces of evidence on other bodies? A glove too with MBB? I do think this belt could be helpful if someone out there sees it. They need to spend money on getting the word out wider than their crappy little website.

My initial reaction was that the belt was handled without a glove, or one side of the belt was (colors referenced, brown/black). I doubt the absence of the glove would be significant enough to note in the image title itself simply because a glove had been found elsewhere. The “no” glove would have to be significant in relation to the particular evidence photographed, in my opinion.

@FullMinder - nice foresight to check the file names on these images.

I can't come up with any legitimate reason as to why the photos were not released with the initial close up of the initials.

Does SCPD believe that they could've compromised the integrity of the investigation? That's their spiel as to why they can't make the 911 tapes public and seems to be their M.O.

I have to agree with the contingent of folks regarding this as a PR stunt. While interesting to see the scale of the letters to the belt, as well as the finish on it, It doesn't seem the photos released today will further the investigation and if they do, it puts extra emphasis on the question of "Why were those photos not included with the close ups?"

Initially I had faith in Hart and understand the case is complicated and if anyone needed to drain a swamp, as the current president would put it, it would be her. That being said, there is something about this that feels more like theatre than anything else.
Agreed re: withholding these images. Very misleading. Why initially release photos of just the letters, upside down and right side up, when their position shows their likely or orientation? We have the capacity to speculate about them being upside down, backwards, or in code, irrespectively.

I think the new pictures are helpful compared to the initial release. I originally couldn’t imagine it being a woman’s belt, it looked very rough and thick. Now I can.

Wow. Usually Im skeptical about finding clues in pictures, but as someone who uses photo editing programs, those sure are 3 circles from a blur tool, clear as day. Eagle eyes indeed! What are they hiding now?

Fingerprint? No glove could have left finger/palm print. Just guessing.

Fingerprint? No glove could have left finger/palm print. Just guessing.

Sweet! Maybe this is belt used without glove and a fingerprint not in system...and other bodies have belts w/o prints therefore assumed perp wore gloves

So, I was looking at the "belt" pics again and did an "inspect" that is in the drop down menu, this is also where the "Barnes" name came to light. I scrolled down further and seen this:

<script src="Scripts/bootstrap.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I am not a computer programmer/software person at all. Unless "Bootstrap" is a techie lingo, I think its interesting.

So, I was looking at the "belt" pics again and did an "inspect" that is in the drop down menu, this is also where the "Barnes" name came to light. I scrolled down further and seen this:

<script src="Scripts/bootstrap.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I am not a computer programmer/software person at all. Unless "Bootstrap" is a techie lingo, I think its interesting.
It is...

Do not post the full names of random individuals who are not known to be associated with this case. If you find it necessary to refer to some random person, use initials rather than a full name. Any innocent person would be justifiably horrified to have their names being discussion in a serial killer forum.

We have had to edit some posts that contain the full name of a random person and changed it to initials only.

Post responsibly.

Thanks.

Could the blurred out marks on this belt possibly be indentations from a badge clip? The marks are rather close to the end of the belt however some of the pictures that I have come across do have them attached this way. Also Miss Hart did say the belt possibly belonged to a large male.

True Detective Season 2 Badges (just an example)

Last edited:
Could the blurred out marks on this belt possibly be indentations from a badge clip? The marks are rather close to the end of the belt however some of the pictures that I have come across do have them attached this way. Also Miss Hart did say the belt possibly belonged to a large male.

I also wanted to add, this theory can refer to any badge not one specifically belonging to a cop.

Could be. And I'll do you one better. If you think of the way in which a belt sits, that excess part would, if traditionally worn by a man, be on the left side. IF(!) that's a shield clip, it could mean LISK is left handed, as the shield is usually worn in front the firearm.

Could be. And I'll do you one better. If you think of the way in which a belt sits, that excess part would, if traditionally worn by a man, be on the left side. IF(!) that's a shield clip, it could mean LISK is left handed, as the shield is usually worn in front the firearm.
And HOLY HELL.... Look for pictures of some folks previously mentioned and look for their weapon side........

@hawkshaw Back up to this post, originally posted 12/13/2020 7:42 AM ET. Read the thread from there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melissaw
Back