The Laptop Computer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
terminatrixator said:
Cheating, Lying, Stealing, Cold Blooded Murderers?
I don't see how the statement by raven or one of his friends helps raven? I mean the only thing missing is the laptop and the murder weapon?

And if raven or the friend lied and the laptop wasn't stolen, then where is it and why would they lie about it?

hoppyfrog said:
Yes, I know who Rooster "supposedly" is and what some have "surmised" about him/her.

That's not what I'm asking.

I'm asking who Rooster really is. No one has yet (to my knowledge) confirmed who he/she is.

Makes me a skeptical

Hoppy
We're all a bit skeptical, here, but we have to adhere to the tos and not "out" anyone. Tempting though it is.

LTUlegal said:
Honestly, I would've thought you'd read deeply enough into this case to know who Rooster is....supposedly a friend or family member of Raven...some have surmised that it could be Raven himself. And you are correct, why should he/she be believed?
rooster confirmed several things in this forum. I, for one, would give him/her the benefit of telling the truth. They seemed to know raven, attended the funeral, etc., why would they lie to hurt raven when they are the only poster that has supported his absolute innocence?

ewwwinteresting said:
rooster confirmed several things in this forum. I, for one, would give him/her the benefit of telling the truth. They seemed to know raven, attended the funeral, etc., why would they lie to hurt raven when they are the only poster that has supported his absolute innocence?
Agreed, but wouldn't he/she lie to "support" him, too? Sorry, Eww, I put my skeptical cap on tonite! :)

LTUlegal said:
Agreed, but wouldn't he/she lie to "support" him, too? Sorry, Eww, I put my skeptical cap on tonite! :)
Ok, let's be skeptical together...:blowkiss:

rooster lied about raven trying to save Janet
rooster lied about the laptop being stolen

How does this exactly help raven?

ewwwinteresting said:
Ok, let's be skeptical together...:blowkiss:

rooster lied about raven trying to save Janet
rooster lied about the laptop being stolen

How does this exactly help raven?
Well, now that we know they're lies, it just doesn't, does it? Hmmm...maybe that's why we haven't seen Rooster around this hen house in quite a while! LOL:liar:

LTUlegal said:
Well, now that we know they're lies, it just doesn't, does it? Hmmm...maybe that's why we haven't seen Rooster around this hen house in quite a while! LOL:liar:
I guess I just thought, after the autopsy report's release, rooster found out he/she was crowing on the wrong barn and didn't want to come back and admit it. :silenced:

ewwwinteresting said:
I guess I just thought, after the autopsy report's release, rooster found out he/she was crowing on the wrong barn and didn't want to come back and admit it. :silenced:
Or his beak was taped shut?:rolleyes:

LTUlegal said:
Or his beak was taped shut?:rolleyes:
So the only one consistently speaking out on raven's innocence has been told to keep quiet??? Gee, think there is a reason for that?

ewwwinteresting said:
So the only one consistently speaking out on raven's innocence has been told to keep quiet??? Gee, think there is a reason for that?
Just a lil guess from me, but maybe so as not to dig the hole deeper? :rolleyes:

hoppyfrog said:
Yes, I know who Rooster "supposedly" is and what some have "surmised" about him/her.

I'm asking who Rooster really is. No one has yet (to my knowledge) confirmed who he/she is.

Makes me a skeptical

Hoppy

Hoppy, it is a violation of TOS to try to *out* another poster.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23792

2. Posting of personal information about other posters, or information intended to lead to the discovery of the identity of other posters, is forbidden. Copying and posting Private Messages without the permission of the author is also forbidden.

To my knowledge, Rooster is exactly what he/she presented themselves to be. Someone who knows and loves Raven. I have no reason to believe otherwise. You are free to be suspcious of the information that Rooster shared with us, but basing it on the fact that no one has publicly identified Rooster is not reasonable.

Regarding the laptop, I heard from numerous other sources that confirmed that his "precious laptop" (direct quote) was indeed missing. What I haven't been able to confirm is whether LE confiscated it or someone *stole* it.

LE isn't leaking information to me. :cool:

The only items I can confirm missing are those that could exonerate or implicate Raven.

golfmom said:
Hoppy, it is a violation of TOS to try to *out* another poster.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23792

2. Posting of personal information about other posters, or information intended to lead to the discovery of the identity of other posters, is forbidden. Copying and posting Private Messages without the permission of the author is also forbidden.

To my knowledge, Rooster is exactly what he/she presented themselves to be. Someone who knows and loves Raven. I have no reason to believe otherwise. You are free to be suspcious of the information that Rooster shared with us, but basing it on the fact that no one has publicly identified Rooster is not reasonable.
I'm not trying to "out" Rooster. My question was intended to provoke thought and discussion about why we choose to believe certain ppl/posters. That's all.

Personally I'm not willing to believe what someone someone posts when I don't know who that person is. There are ppl all over the net who claim to be someone they're not and post things either for kicks or to be malicious. Not saying Rooster is doing that; I just don't know. And I think my position is "reasonable."

Hoppy

hoppyfrog said:
I'm not trying to "out" Rooster. My question was intended to provoke thought and discussion about why we choose to believe certain ppl/posters. That's all.

Personally I'm not willing to believe what someone someone posts when I don't know who that person is. There are ppl all over the net who claim to be someone they're not and post things either for kicks or to be malicious. Not saying Rooster is doing that; I just don't know. And I think my position is "reasonable."

Hoppy

I don't believe that it's reasonable to attach credibility to a poster and the information they provide based on what is a clear violation of TOS. Seriously, you were willing to chunk out the entire investigation of Raven's involvement based on an unconfirmed tip by NCBanker.

You're free to believe whatever you wish, hoppy and I'm free to disagree with you endlessly.

I believe that it is unreasonable for someone to be required to *out* themselves or be *outed* by other sleuthers just to satisfy you.

golfmom said:
I don't believe that it's reasonable to attach credibility to a poster and the information they provide based on what is a clear violation of TOS. Seriously, you were willing to chunk out the entire investigation of Raven's involvement based on an unconfirmed tip by NCBanker.

You're free to believe whatever you wish, hoppy and I'm free to disagree with you endlessly.

I believe that it is unreasonable for someone to be required to *out* themselves or be *outed* by other sleuthers just to satisfy you.
No one is being asked to "out" themself or another poster. Did you even read what I wrote? I'm not trying to "out" Rooster. My question was intended to provoke thought and discussion about why we choose to believe certain ppl/posters. That's all.

IMO, NCBanker has shown himself through what he posts and how he investiagates to be a more reliable amd thoughtful poster than Rooster.

Hoppy

hoppyfrog said:
No one is being asked to "out" themself or another poster. Did you even read what I wrote? I'm not trying to "out" Rooster. My question was intended to provoke thought and discussion about why we choose to believe certain ppl/posters. That's all.

IMO, NCBanker has shown himself through what he posts and how he investiagates to be a more reliable amd thoughtful poster than Rooster.

Hoppy
IDK, Hoppy. I still find it hard to believe NCBanker's original statement about Raven not being a POI. Going into a crime scene describes like this one, and not even thinking that it could be the husband is beyond belief to me. Especially when after interviewing Raven, LE goes back to search the Durango a second time. That would be suspicious--then to hear someone claim that they've eliminated him as a POI? Odd.

Another thing I was just thinking about. What about Raven saying that he'd been home since 10:30pm and the fact that the paramedics tried to resusitate Janet. Timing is a little off. There was some reason why they thought they could resusitate her, right?

Personally I'm not sure what to think about the laptop. I have seen pictures with Raven and a laptop and know that he did have one. There has also been information about computer files but I do not know which computer those files are from. It's not unlikely that Raven had more than one computer. I do think that LE would be interested in any computer used by either Janet or Raven. I believe that either LE or Raven have the laptop. If Raven still has the laptop, it doesn't seem out of character for him to have said it was stolen or missing to prevent LE from going through the files on it.

Obviously not all of the LE documents have been released. LE documents regarding the laptop would be the most convincing evidence for me. Still, hearing the same information from several different sources adds credence to those statements, at least in my mind.

Regarding the trustworthiness of Rooster, he/she appears to be an individual who is close to Raven. He/She may or may not be of the same character as Raven. Raven also married Janet and I don't think anyone here considers her to be of the same character. I think Rooster posted just what he/she was told by Raven. Considering what I believe to be the original source, that information may be faulty but I don't think Rooster was lying.

Yes, I read what you wrote and I answered both parts of your questions. First to Rooster's identity and second regarding laptop.

hoppyfrog said:

Hoppy

That clearly is asking WHO ROOSTER REALLY IS. Everything else has been backpeddling off that statement. It is not some esoteric question pondering the fate of the universe and causing us all to go into deep think mode.

newkid said:
Regarding the trustworthiness of Rooster, he/she appears to be an individual who is close to Raven. He/She may or may not be of the same character as Raven. Raven also married Janet and I don't think anyone here considers her to be of the same character. I think Rooster posted just what he/she was told by Raven. Considering what I believe to be the original source, that information may be faulty but I don't think Rooster was lying.
Very good points, newkid. Well said.

Jenifred said:
IDK, Hoppy. I still find it hard to believe NCBanker's original statement about Raven not being a POI. Going into a crime scene describes like this one, and not even thinking that it could be the husband is beyond belief to me. Especially when after interviewing Raven, LE goes back to search the Durango a second time. That would be suspicious--then to hear someone claim that they've eliminated him as a POI? Odd.
What does IDK mean? Haven't heard that one before.

And you said, "not even thinking that it could be the husband." To whom do you refer? Not even I have gone that far! I'm just a bit more hesitant to indict RA at this point than many here are.

Hoppy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmileyKazza
Back