Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge delays ruling on whether Casey Anthony is indigent
Judge gave the state 30 days to check out claims by another inmate that Anthony had told her.

WKMG LOCAL 6 NEWS • March 18, 2010

"Snip" http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...y+decide+today

The evidence that the state of Florida did not want Anthony's defense to see has been unsealed.

The judge gave the state 30 days to check out claims by another inmate that Anthony had told her things relevant to the case.

The inmate also pointed them to a second inmate who had about 50 written notes from Casey Anthony.

SA said, notes and conversations are relevant to the case but not a confession from Casey Anthony.

Jose Baez has 15 days to review the new evidence and decide if the defense will ask the court to block its release.

:woohoo: SA office said it will be releasing about 1,000 pages of new documents later this week or next week. :woohoo:

But they haven't been released so how could they have read them?

I dunno, that's just what WESH's reported said... it was one of their sources. Maybe someone in LE leaked it to them. I can't imagine anyone from the SA's office doing it, but you never know.

Snipped from: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-jail-letters-20100318,0,1826969.story?page=2

"The name of that federal inmate was not clear mid-afternoon Thursday, but just-released prosecution records listed new pieces of evidence against Anthony, and on that list were two recorded interviews with Robyn Adams, the wife of a former Altamonte Springs police officer, both of whom were sentenced to federal prison on gun and marijuana charges"

I dunno, that's just what WESH's reported said... it was one of their sources. Maybe someone in LE leaked it to them. I can't imagine anyone from the SA's office doing it, but you never know.

I know you don't , sorry, I guess I meant it rhetorically.

Snipped from: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-jail-letters-20100318,0,1826969.story?page=2

"The name of that federal inmate was not clear mid-afternoon Thursday, but just-released prosecution records listed new pieces of evidence against Anthony, and on that list were two recorded interviews with Robyn Adams, the wife of a former Altamonte Springs police officer, both of whom were sentenced to federal prison on gun and marijuana charges"

I have never quoted myself, sorry if it's inappropriate to do so, but after finding the above article, I found this and have to wonder if they are related, due to the timing:

Altamonte Springs officer under criminal investigation

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...te-officer-suspended-20100318,0,4266749.story

Casey Anthony wrote letters to woman in jail, prosecutors say
Casey Anthony’s letters could be used as evidence.

"Snip" By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ny-jail-letters-20100318,0,1170365,full.story

March 18, 2010
Prosecutors on Thursday disclosed that Casey Anthony wrote 50 notes or letters to a woman she befriended while in the Orange County Jail, and that those notes may be used as evidence.

Authorities handed over the notes to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for an investigation.

FDLE agents interviewed the woman, now in an undisclosed federal prison, on Feb. 12, according to court paperwork.

What did Anthony write? That information was not available, but it totaled 258 pages, according to prosecution records.

Judge Strickland prohibited their public release, ruling Thursday that defense attorneys would have at least 15 days to review them without the public knowing their contents.

Authorities found out about the woman/ notes when a state inmate contacted the Sheriff's Office, saying she, too, had had communications with Anthony while in the Orange County Jail.

Authorities interviewed that woman Jan. 22, and she gave "potentially relevant" information, according to prosecution paperwork, but it was not news that Anthony had confessed.

Just-released prosecution records listed new pieces of evidence against Anthony, two recorded interviews with Robyn Adams, wife of a former police officer.

Attorney Tom Dale, said he had no information about whether Adams was the woman who received the notes from Casey Anthony.

"All I can tell you is I knew they were in there together," Dale said of the Orange County Jail.

Both women were in protective custody.

The outcome of that investigation was not immediately clear.

FDLE spokeswoman Carol Frederick said her agency had finished its work and turned the matter over to the office of Lawson Lama.
It was not immediately clear that office might file charges against an Orange County Jail employee.

Jail officials were scrambling Thursday to find out more about the notes and any employee involvement. Allen Moore said he had no information about them and had no knowledge about the outcome of the FDLE investigation

Okay... Now Wesh is saying they might not be released yet.. Aarghh! It also talks about the Bombshells here...

http://www.wesh.com/news/22878005/detail.html

Defense May Fight Release Of Casey’s Letters ,Anthony's Letters To Inmate May Not Be Released
Video: http://www.wesh.com/video/22881011/index.html

Hmm, it is said that in the letters Casey talked about the case. They say sources have read the notes and there are some bombshells. I wish they would release the letters, I wonder what Casey said regarding the case. Baez has 15day to look at them and it's likely he will fight the release of the letters. I don't see how he will win that motion IMO. I feel we will get to see them, I hope so anyway.

Maybe it wasn't anything to do with Dom Casey and he just left town because his business failed?
No one wants him sleuthing for them? :innocent:

What if Casey told this other inmate something and you know how time can fade your memory...Maybe she said something that was different than what she first said happened. Maybe she didn't realize it and she goofed up and said something that was close to what she told LE, but maybe there were subtle differences...Something that she slipped up and altered slightly just because after so long, it is hard to keep every detail of a lie straight. It's just a thought...Btw, I haven't been posting long and I just want to say thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome. You guys are awesome. You all make me feel like my thoughts and opinions are valid. Thank you all so much.

What if Casey told this other inmate something and you know how time can fade your memory...Maybe she said something that was different than what she first said happened. Maybe she didn't realize it and she goofed up and said something that was close to what she told LE, but maybe there were subtle differences...Something that she slipped up and altered slightly just because after so long, it is hard to keep every detail of a lie straight. It's just a thought...Btw, I haven't been posting long and I just want to say thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome. You guys are awesome. You all make me feel like my thoughts and opinions are valid. Thank you all so much.

May well be, good observation. You know what they say- if you're telling the truth you don't have to try and remember what you said before..

I can't see KC giving any important information to a jailhouse buddy. I am very surprised that she is writing letters, notes at all. I think that whatever is in those letters has been expressly consented to by team Baez, Lyon, Kenny-Baden and is probably another defense strategy, knowing that the contents would probably be released.

But if this was the case I don't see Jose wanting to hold off releasing them. IMO he would of just been like "darn they got out".

If the letters start out with Casey saying things about the case then I might think they were "planned". But, if we see them getting closer as the letters go, I will believe in them more. KWIM?

check last paragraph, look for her name SHernandez, Under Oct 2008, they stole over $17.5 million in forumula!

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content...ers-with-Local-and-Federal-Law-Enforceme.aspx
glad you found this - I had already looked this one up and read up on her crimes. Seems it was a very large ring that had gotten very good at stealing large amounts of baby formula.

As for the letters, I don't think LKB or AL knew about these. The first inmate (RA) was arrested and booked right around the time KC was at the very first. So, if she is the one that did the written correspondence - then it was very early on in this case.

The second inmate (SH) was just arrested last year - May, 09. So I'm kinda thinking this is who "blew the whistle". KC probably befriended her (she had gotten lonely since her new BFF had been shipped off to the fed pen) and KC probably told her about how they wrote back and forth. And this jailbird decided to sing.

These letters should be quite telling - even if its just another, different glimpse into the KC psyche. I'm just wondering if she implicates anyone else!!! :eek:

I have a niggling thought here that is half formed at best, but please follow my logic if you can. If the security regarding communication with others at the jail is as lax as it appears around KC, it would tend to make me believe the old assurances that Kronk's fiance had no contact with KC and would have no way of having gotten the location of baby girl's body via KC are very overstated. But with this new information about all this jail personnel assitance with note and letter passing, hmmm. Kinda makes it seem more possible and credible that perhaps Kron fiance was more in the loop than Jail administration would have us think?

Just the ramblings of one sleuthy chick

My first thought too.

50 notes would be a lot of note passing, wouldn't it?

I wonder if this is the equivalent of "kiting" which I thought was the passing of notes from one inmate to another - which is against the rules and considered a serious infraction (or was at one time) OR is the big deal not that they were corresponding with one another, but rather than correctional staff circumvented the screening process of the letters??? THAT is also huge trouble for the officer involved. There is a reason for screening everything that comes from an inmate and screening everything coming into the inmate. I used to screen for Cali State Prison Norco (CRC) back in the 80's, and there is content we look for specificially and then there are subjective things as well (think doodling on the side of the page....could be code, you get it)

wonder what, if anything we'll hear about internal investigation by SO's....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!