The Note Page

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As of early 1984, the number "303-293-2333" ("ours") that may be an association with "CNA" (customer name and address?), was listed as a CNA in the "How to find Missing People" book.

By 8/31/90, the number belonged to Mallon Resources. http://ocdimage.emnrd.state.nm.us/imaging/filestore/SantaFeAdmin/AO/20574/PDEV0020507730_2_AO.pdf

Assuming she was using it as a CNA and not to call Mallon Resources (a drilling company), then she was making these notes between early 1984 and 8/31/1990. Otherwise, she was making the notes on or after 8/31/90.

Edit - Mallon Resources probably didn't obtain that number right on 8/31/90, so the timeframe can likely be narrowed if an earlier date can be definitively determined.

This is just a small thing I noticed. Where LEK had written Mountain Bell 3 hours less It makes me think she is counting time zones from east to west. And she is wrong too, because Mountain time would be 2 hours less and Pacific would be 3 hours less, right? It is curious as to why she was writing down time zones, phone companies and telephone numbers. And for Pacific bell she wrote admin offices after it. What was she doing? Lastly, how she has North Hollywood Police, Pacific Bell Adm office & Library with phone number up top..is their anything she could be trying to find out or accomplish using these 3 places? Hope that makes since..I am not very good at this stuff.

Forgive me if this was already brought up, as I haven't read through all the pages of this thread.
I wanted to respond to the Mountain Time Zone.
I live in Colorado a Mountain time zone, and we are 2 hours different from Eastern time zone.
Arizona is also Mountain time zone, and they don't observe daylight savings time hence Mountain Standard Time.
I noticed to the right of Mountain Bell and 3 hours less, there is a notation for Tucson.
Perhaps the Mountain Bell 3 hours less would be referring to Mountain Standard time, which would be 3 hours less than Eastern.
Right now it is 8:25am in Tucson, but it is 9:25am in Colorado, where I live. But we support Mountain Daylight time.

http://old.seattletimes.com/ABPub/2013/06/20/2021230731.jpg

IMOO.

Forgive me if this was already brought up, as I haven't read through all the pages of this thread.
I wanted to respond to the Mountain Time Zone.
I live in Colorado a Mountain time zone, and we are 2 hours different from Eastern time zone.
Arizona is also Mountain time zone, and they don't observe daylight savings time hence Mountain Standard Time.
I noticed to the right of Mountain Bell and 3 hours less, there is a notation for Tucson.
Perhaps the Mountain Bell 3 hours less would be referring to Mountain Standard time, which would be 3 hours less than Eastern.
Right now it is 8:25am in Tucson, but it is 9:25am in Colorado, where I live. But we support Mountain Daylight time.

http://old.seattletimes.com/ABPub/2013/06/20/2021230731.jpg

IMOO.

I agree...I think she was on the east coast (probably in or near PA as the library number was in PA and no area code is written) and the 3 hours less pertains to something in Arizona, particularly if it also pertains to Mountain Bell.

Other states serviced by Mountain Bell were Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Montana, Southern Idaho, Wyoming, and the El Paso, Texas vicinity.

El Paso - 2 hours less (transferred to Southwestern from Mountain in 1982)
Colorado - 2 hours
Utah - 2 hours less
Arizona - 2 or 3 hours less from PA depending
New Mexico - 2
Montana - 2
Southern Idaho - 2 hours less (northern panhandle would be 3 but it wasnt part of Mountain Bell)
Wyoming -2

This might have been discussed already, but the number for "These Eyes" was attached to "Visages" in the mid-eighties. Kathy Jeung was listed as a contact for Visages. The address was "Halloway" which sort of looks like what was written near the Jeung name on the note page. I found it by searching on "google books". The weird thing is that one of the results for searching "visages 650-8880 california halloway" is that book on finding missing persons comes up as one of the results. There is no online access to the contents of the book though.

There was a country song called "These Eyes" in 1986...I wonder was there a video made for it?

There was a country song called "These Eyes" in 1986...I wonder was there a video made for it?

Maybe it's the one by Beth Williams and Stephen Paul Wallace? I can't find a video other than a live recording (which looks like the album cover was taken from this). Maybe BW had her makeup done for the recording?

According to her biography she did do some recording in Hollywood but mostly in central Texas. I can't find where These Eyes was recorded... http://www.bethwilliamsmusic.com/Biography.html

BW currently lives in CEDARedge CO. Unrelated I'm sure, but kinda funny ;)

eta: here's the album cover that contains "These Eyes" http://www.mtv.com/artists/beth-williams/discography/1485682/

I know that there has been a lot of speculation about the phone numbers that don't have area codes, particularly 688-7092 with "Library" written next to it, since there is a library in Pennsylvania with this number. I think this is probably just a coincidence and that the numbers (at least the cluster towards the top of the page) written without area codes are all area code 213.

It sounds like (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_213) 213 is the 'original' LA area code, which might be why it didn't warrant an area code written before it, while the 818 area code had only been around since 1984 and only covered the San Fernando and San Gabriel Valleys. I think that she was in or very familiar with phone numbers and locations in the part of LA using the 213 area code, hence the Ben Perkins Jr. Law Office # not requiring 213 before it, even though we know that this location was in the 213 area code.

All of the numbers scrawled in the top portion of the page either have 818 written before them, or can be traced as having been valid 213 area code numbers in the 80's or early 90's. I found these results when I searched for the numbers with 213 in front of them in a Google Books search. I couldn't view the full books, but the results seem very relevant:

213-811-9000 Google Books search result:
Oxbridge Directory of Newsletters - Page 564

https://books.google.ca/books?id=NI81AQAAIAAJ
1993 - Snippet view - More editions
Pacific Telephone, 1010 Wilshire Blvd., Rm, 501, Los Angeles, CA 90017-5606, Title Tel + (213) 811-9000 Weldwood News Publishing Co. U.S. Plywood-Champion Papers Inc., 885 Conklin St., Farmingdale, NY 11735-2400, Title Tels (212) …

^ This # indeed had Pacific Bell Adm offices written above it so seems pretty solid that it belongs with the 213 area code, lending credibility to my thoughts below...

213-688-7092 Google Books search result:

Standard Directory of Worldwide Marketing - Page 581
https://books.google.ca/books?isbn=0872170799
National Register Publishing Co. Staff - 1990 - Snippet view - More editions
213-688-7250 Telefax: 213-688-7092 Eulalio Ferrer Co-Chm. Bd. I A. Kojis Co-Chm. Bd. Enrique Escudero Pres. Miguel FitzPatrick Gen Mgr 042487-000 PUBLICIDAD PUMA (A Saatchi & Saatchi Compton Worldwide Agency) Calle 37 No.

^ The book is a directory of advertising agencies from 1990. Although I frustratingly can't view the rest of this result, looking up that # now it is the fax number of Castells & Asociados, a Hispanic advertising agency based in LA:

http://www.adcastells.com/contact.html
865 S. Figueroa St., Suite 1100
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 688-7250

This # has caused a lot more confusion because the number actually belongs to a Library in Pennsylvania. However, I think the note "Library" has been taken a bit too literally. A library isn't necessarily a bricks-and-mortar place loaning out books - it could be a library of images or information kept by a business or organization; i.e. I've held a series of marketing-related jobs (similar to the kind of thing on Lori's resume - that resume REALLY hits home, although I like to think of myself as an okay speller :eek:) where I am responsible for maintaining libraries of photography and other marketing imagery for media inquiries, advertising, awards submissions and so forth. Given that she worked in this type of role as Lori Erica Kennedy it is not unrealistic to suppose she may have been doing something related in her previous life.

I don't know that the number belonged to this same advertising agency in the late 80's, but as of that Google Books result it was the fax number of some kind of marketing agency at that time. Perhaps she was faxing them a resume to apply for a job managing their image library, or faxing them photos or other information for their media library, or something along those lines?

This is a lot of speculation that may go nowhere, but my main point is that I think this further suggests she was living/working/physically going about her business in L.A. in the late eighties, and that the PA library is a red herring.

This is a lot of speculation that may go nowhere, but my main point is that I think this further suggests she was living/working/physically going about her business in L.A. in the late eighties, and that the PA library is a red herring.

I don't have anything to add other than maybe a "wow". Between this and your post about Mockingbird, I truly think you've broken some ground here... this is the most plausible thing I've probably seen to come out of the notes page. I tend to not think about the notes much as it all seems like one huge red herring but to me this makes sense.

Earlier tonight I was looking at the infrared scans Kodiak made of the Note Page back in July 2013, (page 3 of this thread)., & happened on the image mrskeev had made, when I thought something no one else apparently has mentioned.

Let's reverse Mrskeev's image, assuming that the marks on the page were made on another sheet of paper placed upon this one, with this side face down. We would end up with this
attachment.php

Quite clearly the number "1958" was written with one or two more strings of characters above it, & all of them enclosed with a circle.

So what does this number refer to? If it is a year, it is too long ago to be LEK's actual birth date, yet too recent to be the birth date of either of her biological parents. It could be part of a street address, or part of a phone number -- or an amount.

I wish this piece of information was instantly understandable, but like far too much in this case, it only raises more questions.

Attachments

• LRimage2_reversed.jpg
    LRimage2_reversed.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 407
That's a great find... Been trying to follow this case but it seems to be spread out in multiple threads and is confusing so I thought the note page was most interesting and just check this one. I would assume it would be a date but who knows.
I keep note pads by my desk and might write multiple notes about totally different things on the same page for a week. It's hard to tell but it's interesting that she was writing down numbers for lawyer, police, library. Maybe she was searching for someone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might have been discussed already, but the number for "These Eyes" was attached to "Visages" in the mid-eighties. Kathy Jeung was listed as a contact for Visages. The address was "Halloway" which sort of looks like what was written near the Jeung name on the note page. I found it by searching on "google books". The weird thing is that one of the results for searching "visages 650-8880 california halloway" is that book on finding missing persons comes up as one of the results. There is no online access to the contents of the book though.

It reminds me of the Billy Idol song from 1984 - Eyes Without a Face.

The song is notable for the female voice of Perri Lister (who appeared in the banned video for "Hot in the City") that sings 'Les yeux sans visage' (French for 'eyes without a face') as a background chorus.

The title of the song refers to French director Georges Franju's movie Les yeux sans visage (1960).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyes_Without_a_Face_(song)

Carl Eder Re: SAND CANYON JOHN DOE!
He served time for murder of a family in 1958! I always felt he and this case were connected somehow...
what do you think????
MANY connections...

While the numbers are definitely a fascinating find, it looks much more like 1 95 8 than 1958 to me.

I know that there has been a lot of speculation about the phone numbers that don't have area codes, particularly 688-7092 with "Library" written next to it, since there is a library in Pennsylvania with this number. I think this is probably just a coincidence and that the numbers (at least the cluster towards the top of the page) written without area codes are all area code 213.

It sounds like (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_213) 213 is the 'original' LA area code, which might be why it didn't warrant an area code written before it, while the 818 area code had only been around since 1984 and only covered the San Fernando and San Gabriel Valleys. I think that she was in or very familiar with phone numbers and locations in the part of LA using the 213 area code, hence the Ben Perkins Jr. Law Office # not requiring 213 before it, even though we know that this location was in the 213 area code.

All of the numbers scrawled in the top portion of the page either have 818 written before them, or can be traced as having been valid 213 area code numbers in the 80's or early 90's. I found these results when I searched for the numbers with 213 in front of them in a Google Books search. I couldn't view the full books, but the results seem very relevant:

213-811-9000 Google Books search result:
Oxbridge Directory of Newsletters - Page 564

https://books.google.ca/books?id=NI81AQAAIAAJ
1993 - Snippet view - More editions
Pacific Telephone, 1010 Wilshire Blvd., Rm, 501, Los Angeles, CA 90017-5606, Title Tel + (213) 811-9000 Weldwood News Publishing Co. U.S. Plywood-Champion Papers Inc., 885 Conklin St., Farmingdale, NY 11735-2400, Title Tels (212) …

^ This # indeed had Pacific Bell Adm offices written above it so seems pretty solid that it belongs with the 213 area code, lending credibility to my thoughts below...

213-688-7092 Google Books search result:

Standard Directory of Worldwide Marketing - Page 581
https://books.google.ca/books?isbn=0872170799
National Register Publishing Co. Staff - 1990 - Snippet view - More editions
213-688-7250 Telefax: 213-688-7092 Eulalio Ferrer Co-Chm. Bd. I A. Kojis Co-Chm. Bd. Enrique Escudero Pres. Miguel FitzPatrick Gen Mgr 042487-000 PUBLICIDAD PUMA (A Saatchi & Saatchi Compton Worldwide Agency) Calle 37 No.

^ The book is a directory of advertising agencies from 1990. Although I frustratingly can't view the rest of this result, looking up that # now it is the fax number of Castells & Asociados, a Hispanic advertising agency based in LA:

http://www.adcastells.com/contact.html
865 S. Figueroa St., Suite 1100
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 688-7250

This # has caused a lot more confusion because the number actually belongs to a Library in Pennsylvania. However, I think the note "Library" has been taken a bit too literally. A library isn't necessarily a bricks-and-mortar place loaning out books - it could be a library of images or information kept by a business or organization; i.e. I've held a series of marketing-related jobs (similar to the kind of thing on Lori's resume - that resume REALLY hits home, although I like to think of myself as an okay speller :eek:) where I am responsible for maintaining libraries of photography and other marketing imagery for media inquiries, advertising, awards submissions and so forth. Given that she worked in this type of role as Lori Erica Kennedy it is not unrealistic to suppose she may have been doing something related in her previous life.

I don't know that the number belonged to this same advertising agency in the late 80's, but as of that Google Books result it was the fax number of some kind of marketing agency at that time. Perhaps she was faxing them a resume to apply for a job managing their image library, or faxing them photos or other information for their media library, or something along those lines?

I can not say that I fully understand your posting. But if LEK was working around LA n the late 80's in advertising, this may be a great boon to the search for her true identity. After all, how many people could have been involved in advertising in L.A. in the late 80's who just vanished. I want to understand why you believe that LEK was involved in advertising in that time frame. I have read your posting several times, but so far it's eluding me. That is not to say that your point is invalid. It's just that I don't have your background. Therefore, if you could give your posting for dummies, that would be great. I sometimes look for a topic for dummies, when I can't understand it. Thank you though for your keen insight. This is indeed a mystery of epic proportions.

Does it possibly say:

Terry
try

???? or something similar. According to her calculations, she would be off from his assumed age, but that IS what she is doing.... Trying and calculating.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flapperst
Back