The oversized Bloomingdale’s panties.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Patsy lie about the Bloomingdale’s panties?

• Yes

Votes: 164 77.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 33 15.6%

• Total voters
It appears to me that the R were unsure about staging JB's clothes because of the possible inconsistencies and efforts to fit their version . Despite those efforts, however at the end of the day JB ended up with her new sequined gap top she wore to the party which is strange and big panties and a weird boys' shorts on her.
We know Patsy gave conflicting statements abt that, too.
They probably changed their version about what she wore to bed at some point that night or later on until their first deposition.
I'm thinking that staging within staging was referred to the clothing also.
We have to come up with a plausible theory answering what, when and who questions.

1 version Blanket could be a tool to cover her when she was naked/ half naked or staged to be found naked.
2 version Nightgown could be added as a decoy to suggest that was what JB wore to bed and taken to basement by and intruder and then intruder took it off. etc :gaah:

Just in case you weren't aware, she had on thermal underwear, also called "long johns," which, if the recent photos shown on this forum are valid, were boys' wear and not designed for girls, and also were not in her size, but may have been a pair of Burke's, or even his outgrown/stretched-out/castoff pair. Along with the size-12 girl's panties, this would have made for a very strange staging costume, to say the least. I do not believe that her parents would have redressed her in that outfit.

Just in case you weren't aware, she had on thermal underwear, also called "long johns," which, if the recent photos shown on this forum are valid, were boys' wear and not designed for girls, and also were not in her size, but may have been a pair of Burke's, or even his outgrown/stretched-out/castoff pair. Along with the size-12 girl's panties, this would have made for a very strange staging costume, to say the least. I do not believe that her parents would have redressed her in that outfit.

Do you have a theory as to who wiped the blood from JonBenet's legs, and how the black fibres matching John's shirt got into her underpants and on her crotch area?

more a lurker than a poster, RDI
but i always wonder about the redressing with unmatched, soiled clothing as PR was always so attentive to impressions and
so keen in appearance
wonder if JR redressed while PR wrote the great american novel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

more a lurker than a poster, RDI
but i always wonder about the redressing with unmatched, soiled clothing as PR was always so attentive to impressions and
so keen in appearance
wonder if JR redressed while PR wrote the great american novel...

She was probably re-dressed after the molestation and prior to the ligature strangulation. I rather doubt the soiled clothing was removed after that.
Then the staging with the wrist cord and mouth tape, and the move to the WR, etc - I think it's possible PR did that. jmo

That's the piece of evidence if anything that points to the parents doing the redressing.
The fibers from their clothing being on the panties.

Those Pesky Fibers

Fibers from Patsy's jacket:
Bruce Levin : (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "We believe the fibers from her jacket were found in the paint tray, found tied into the ligature found on JonBenet's neck, was found on the blanket she was wrapped in, was found on the duct tape that was found on the mouth. I have no evidence from any scientist that suggest that those fibers are from any source other than your red jacket."

CNN Burden of Proof:
THOMAS: Well, let me give you an example, and that's an excellent point. As you know, on the adhesive side of the duct tape, which was removed from the victim's mouth, there were four fibers that were later determined to be microscopically and chemically consistent with four fibers from a piece of clothing that Patsy Ramsey was wearing

August 2000 Patsy Ramsey Atlanta Interview - from a candyrose:
3 MR. LEVIN: I think that is
4 probably fair. Based on the state of the
5 art scientific testing, we believe the fibers
6 from her jacket were found in the paint
7 tray, were found tied into the ligature found
8 on JonBenet's neck, were found on the blanket
9 that she is wrapped in, were found on the
10 duct tape that is found on the mouth, and
11 the question is, can she explain to us how
12 those fibers appeared in those places that
13 are associated with her daughter's death.
14 And I understand you are not going to answer
15 those.

JR's black shirt fibers:
8 MR. LEVIN: I understand your
9 position.
10 In addition to those questions,
11 there are some others that I would like you
12 to think about whether or not we can have
13 Mrs. Ramsey perhaps in the future answer. I
14 understand you are advising her not to today,
15 and those are there are black fibers that,
16 according to our testing that was conducted,
17 that match one of the two shirts that was
18 provided to us by the Ramseys, black shirt.
19 Those are located in the
20 underpants of JonBenet Ramsey, were found in
21 her crotch area...

The Tape Fibers:
CellMark laboratories, who conducted the testing on the duct tape, found, red, blue, pink, purple and brown cloth fibers, and animal fur probably beaver.

Blue Duvet and Sham fibers:
http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/...sfromShamDuvet
"A CBI examiner issued a report indicating fibers from the pillow sham and comforter were found on JonBenet's shirt, on her vaginal area, on the duct tape from her hand, on the hand ligature and inside the body bag." This is the lab report referenced in the Carnes opinion: "A lab report indicated that fibers from the sham and duvet were found on the shirt that JonBenet was wearing when she was found in the wine cellar. (SMF P 147; PSMF P 147.)" (Carnes 2003:Note 32, p. 68)

15 Q. And CBI had at one point come up
16 with a conclusion that there was a
17 consistency between fibers found on a blanket
18 in the suitcase that matched fibers on
19 JonBenet's body or were consistent with, is
20 that the right term?
21 A. I heard Mr. Smit and Mr. DeMuth
22 refer to that but I didn't hear Trujillo ever
23 offer a report or an explanation concerning
24 that.
25 Q. But the FBI disagreed with the

Steve Thomas Deposition (Atlanta, Georgia) 09/21/01
1 CBI, didn't they?
2 A. On what point?
3 Q. On the question of whether there
4 were fibers inside materials found in the
5 suitcase found under the window in the
6 basement consistent with fibers found on
7 JonBenet?
8 A. No, I'm aware of Smit and DeMuth's
9 position or stating this consistency of these
10 fibers, but I'm not aware of a disagreement
11 between the FBI and that finding.

Brown fibers:
Lou Smit Deposition (Atlanta, Georgia) Wolf vs Ramsey Civil Action

I want to ask you whether there were a number of fibers found at the crime scene -- being the house, JonBenet's body, her clothing, the blanket -- a number of fibers that were found that have never been identified or sourced to any item or individual.
A. Yes. There are many fibers, unexplained fibers, without a source found not only on the body of JonBenet but on the duct tape, on the bindings, also on the broken piece of the paintbrush. There are many, numerous fibers found at the crime scene that have not been explained.

Q. And does that include brown cotton fibers?

A. Yes. Brown cotton fibers are found on the broken piece of the paintbrush. Brown cotton fibers are found on the duct tape, on the ligature, and on the body of JonBenet.

-----------
Where are the fibers from Burke?

Do you have a theory as to who wiped the blood from JonBenet's legs, and how the black fibres matching John's shirt got into her underpants and on her crotch area?

I have, if anyone's interested. I think John handled that part of the staging. As he did so, when he pulled his arm back, his sleeve scuffed against her clothing before it was replaced.

Maybe Burke's longjohns were put on on purpose , in case his DNA is detected. I guess only parents would think of that ..

This comment is going to be frank but here it goes : a stranger would not know the amount of JR's bonus and most likely would not have demanded such a strange figure and how could the family gather that amount of money on Christmas or the day after, the banks were closed. A stranger would not know about the blanket in the dryer, these two facts alone point to an inside job. I will never buy a stranger did this.

I think BR hung JBR from the staircase by the garrot he made in either a game or pure hatred of this little brat sister, he may or may not have realized how much damage it would cause. Poor little JBR may or may not have been completely expired so the parents in an effort to protect BR finished the job. The new show last night had some friend of PR say she would have called 911 if she found JBR hurt, I say baloney no way. It makes perfect sense to protect the only other child in the house and people like them may not want to deal with a special needs survivor with a severe head injury. Sad as that sounds I think it to be true. IMO it does not matter which came first or who did what , all that matters to me is there was no way a stranger did this and how dare them try to throw every friend and/or employee they had under the bus to take the rap for this. Im so glad Boulder police did not go there.

If I were the cops I would keep an eye on the remaining people of interest. I trust them about as far as I could toss them.. just saying

This comment is going to be frank but here it goes : a stranger would not know the amount of JR's bonus and most likely would not have demanded such a strange figure and how could the family gather that amount of money on Christmas or the day after, the banks were closed. A stranger would not know about the blanket in the dryer, these two facts alone point to an inside job. I will never buy a stranger did this.

Not to mention the knife.

I think BR hung JBR from the staircase by the garrot he made in either a game or pure hatred of this little brat sister, he may or may not have realized how much damage it would cause.

I had thought of that too. But wouldn't the ME have picked up on that? Wouldn't there be more damage to the hyoid? :thinking:

I had thought of that too. But wouldn't the ME have picked up on that? Wouldn't there be more damage to the hyoid? :thinking:

Ambitioned,

BBM: yes and there was no[/b[ damage to the hyoid, it was intact with no damage to the underlying membrane, see the autopsy report.

An alternative theory is that JonBenet's vagus nerve was compressed leading to unconsciousness, after which she fell and bashed her head.

The rest is staging.

I didnt read the report, I should so was the hyoid bone not broken ? It is a fragile small bone like the wishbone on a chicken breast. It is suspended by the styloid process whatever the hell that means LOL I just remember it for some odd reason from A & P class. im not sure, I dont think those spots are her gouhing at the rope on her neck or if they were she would have hunks of her skin under her nails. Maybe she did and I just failed to read the autopsy. I will go try to find it. The reason I suggest it was some type of hanging injury is I think only BR had the knowledge and desire to fasten such a gadget and wanted to try it out on JBR, maybe just in rough play, who knows I think we will never know the real complete truth of what happened. I highly doubt Patsy knew how to tie that garrot. JR may know how. It just seems like something an impish boy would do. If this theory is true she may have ran away ( I know I would) and then fell over the balcony.

Those Pesky Fibers

Bruce Levin : (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "We believe the fibers from her jacket were found in the paint tray, found tied into the ligature found on JonBenet's neck, was found on the blanket she was wrapped in, was found on the duct tape that was found on the mouth. I have no evidence from any scientist that suggest that those fibers are from any source other than your red jacket."

CNN Burden of Proof:
THOMAS: Well, let me give you an example, and that's an excellent point. As you know, on the adhesive side of the duct tape, which was removed from the victim's mouth, there were four fibers that were later determined to be microscopically and chemically consistent with four fibers from a piece of clothing that Patsy Ramsey was wearing

15 those.

JR's black shirt fibers:
9 position.
21 her crotch area...

The Tape Fibers:
CellMark laboratories, who conducted the testing on the duct tape, found, red, blue, pink, purple and brown cloth fibers, and animal fur probably beaver.

"A CBI examiner issued a report indicating fibers from the pillow sham and comforter were found on JonBenet's shirt, on her vaginal area, on the duct tape from her hand, on the hand ligature and inside the body bag." This is the lab report referenced in the Carnes opinion: "A lab report indicated that fibers from the sham and duvet were found on the shirt that JonBenet was wearing when she was found in the wine cellar. (SMF P 147; PSMF P 147.)" (Carnes 2003:Note 32, p. 68)

20 that the right term?
24 that.

1 CBI, didn't they?
2 A. On what point?
7 JonBenet?

Brown fibers:

I want to ask you whether there were a number of fibers found at the crime scene -- being the house, JonBenet's body, her clothing, the blanket -- a number of fibers that were found that have never been identified or sourced to any item or individual.
A. Yes. There are many fibers, unexplained fibers, without a source found not only on the body of JonBenet but on the duct tape, on the bindings, also on the broken piece of the paintbrush. There are many, numerous fibers found at the crime scene that have not been explained.

A. Yes. Brown cotton fibers are found on the broken piece of the paintbrush. Brown cotton fibers are found on the duct tape, on the ligature, and on the body of JonBenet.

-----------
Excellent DeeDee! Thank you!
Great point on Burke's fibers!
I just had a thought.
Maybe the suitcase was used to attempt to rid some evidence from the scene. Maybe that's what JR was doing in that missing time. He admits he took the suitcase down to the basement in an interview (I will look up later for a link) and states he didn't put it under the window.
Follow me here for a moment.
We know there were plenty of things forgotten during the staging. It looks as if they attempted to clean things and move things but forgot in the chaos to finish moving items or disposing of them.
Like the flashlight was wiped clean inside and out yet left by the sink. I think they really meant to hide that but forgot to.
The pineapple was never even on their radar "and hence" was left out. Not realizing the impact on the case later. I think that is the reason their behaviors changed when interviewed regarding the pineapple. They were pissed they missed that item and couldn't explain it so they pretended they knew nothing about it.
Back to the suitcase.
Maybe it was their intention to move the suitcase after the detectives left along with the body. But they never left. So it had to be "found".
John forgot to hide the suitcase when he couldn't get it out of the house (maybe he planned to pretend it was their suitcase for the flight and dispose of later).
When he was basically forced to discover the body, the suitcase gets thrown in as a escape route for the intruder.
What always stood out to me at face value about the suitcase is it's position under the window. No one could use the suitcase the way it was found to get out of the window.
It would need to be flush to the wall to provide a stable object to climb up and out with.
In the position it was found, it would flip over on you trying to get out of the infamous window.
So that puts the suitcase into play for another completely different reason. To get rid of evidence. If the fibers in the blanket and pillow case withing the suitcase matched those found on JonBenet, there has to be a explanation. Could it be that she was initially on that blanket on the floor at some point before the staging occurred? Maybe the parents found her ON the blanket when they found her body initially.
So that needed to be rid of. Maybe JonBenet and BR were looking at that Dr. Suess book and it was also left on the blanket. The initial crime scene if you will.
That's the reason it was found all in the suitcase. They probably had no idea that JAR semen was on the blanket at all.
It's even possible that the suitcase always held those secret items and BR was aware of the suitcase and it's items. Maybe he learned it from his brother. JMOO.
But when BR smashed her over the head and done his damage, he ran to the "safety" of his bed out of fear and left everything the way it was when the parents found her.
This explains the weird items in the random suitcase. It was never random. It was a private hiding place for secret items. Maybe the photos tossed downstairs was in the same place the suitcase was originally hid. I'd love to know what those photos were of. They had to have been inappropriate.
Down down down the rabbit hole we go.
I hope this made some sense!

I didnt read the report, I should so was the hyoid bone not broken ? It is a fragile small bone like the wishbone on a chicken breast. It is suspended by the styloid process whatever the hell that means LOL I just remember it for some odd reason from A & P class. im not sure, I dont think those spots are her gouhing at the rope on her neck or if they were she would have hunks of her skin under her nails. Maybe she did and I just failed to read the autopsy. I will go try to find it. The reason I suggest it was some type of hanging injury is I think only BR had the knowledge and desire to fasten such a gadget and wanted to try it out on JBR, maybe just in rough play, who knows I think we will never know the real complete truth of what happened. I highly doubt Patsy knew how to tie that garrot. JR may know how. It just seems like something an impish boy would do. If this theory is true she may have ran away ( I know I would) and then fell over the balcony.
The only thing I could say with this theory is
If she had been hung in some way it would have easily broken her neck. There was little injury to the neck below the skin IIRC.
Which tells me she was unconscious at the time it was applied. The first time possibly only long enough to depress the carotid and not long enough to kill her.
The ligature I think was part of the scene when the parents found her. They had to use it then in the staging.
I like tort's idea in the livor mortis and rigor mortis thread. Close to the end of the thread. I would link it but unsure how to link a specific comment lol.
I also just had a thought too.
It's quite possible that BR initially had those long johns on and left them beside her when he ran to his room. It's possible both were nude from the waist down until JonBenet stopped going along with the "playtime" and he cracked her on the skull. Maybe that's why they threw them on her thinking she actually had them on to begin with. JMOO but it's something to ponder.

Those Pesky Fibers

CNN Burden of Proof:

15 those.

JR's black shirt fibers:
9 position.
21 her crotch area...

The Tape Fibers:

20 that the right term?
24 that.

1 CBI, didn't they?
2 A. On what point?
7 JonBenet?

Brown fibers:

-----------

Great question, DeDee. Could it be that the photos taken at the White residence that night were not revealed because the brown fibers in question belonged to an article of clothing worn by BR (a minor) that night?

ETA: I take the fibers never being, "identified or sourced to any item or individual," with a grain of salt. The beaver hair on JBR's hand was "never sourced", either, because, IIRC, PR never gave police any of her fur coats or boots.

The hyoid bone is seldom broken (even in adults) despite the misconception. The misconception is probably because when it is broken it points to strangulation of some sort. It is even less common (or even rare) for it to be broken in children because it isn't even completely formed and is still flexible. The hyoid is actually several separate bones connected by a fibrous connection, and it isn't until full adulthood that the connection begins to ossify and becomes rigid.

The likelihood of any kind of damage to the subsurface structures of the neck (hyoid, thyroid, or cricoid) is dependent on the amount of suspension (full or partial) and drop distance (if any) during suspension, or the amount of force applied to a particular area during a manual strangulation.

More about suspension for anyone interested here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rope-in-the-house/page6&p=8360153#post8360153

...and a lot of good general information in this article:
http://www.markwynn.com/wp-content/uploads/death-by-strangulation.pdf

Excellent DeeDee! Thank you!
Great point on Burke's fibers!
I just had a thought.
Maybe the suitcase was used to attempt to rid some evidence from the scene. Maybe that's what JR was doing in that missing time. He admits he took the suitcase down to the basement in an interview (I will look up later for a link) and states he didn't put it under the window.
Follow me here for a moment.
We know there were plenty of things forgotten during the staging. It looks as if they attempted to clean things and move things but forgot in the chaos to finish moving items or disposing of them.
Like the flashlight was wiped clean inside and out yet left by the sink. I think they really meant to hide that but forgot to.
The pineapple was never even on their radar "and hence" was left out. Not realizing the impact on the case later. I think that is the reason their behaviors changed when interviewed regarding the pineapple. They were pissed they missed that item and couldn't explain it so they pretended they knew nothing about it.
Back to the suitcase.
Maybe it was their intention to move the suitcase after the detectives left along with the body. But they never left. So it had to be "found".
John forgot to hide the suitcase when he couldn't get it out of the house (maybe he planned to pretend it was their suitcase for the flight and dispose of later).
When he was basically forced to discover the body, the suitcase gets thrown in as a escape route for the intruder.
What always stood out to me at face value about the suitcase is it's position under the window. No one could use the suitcase the way it was found to get out of the window.
It would need to be flush to the wall to provide a stable object to climb up and out with.
In the position it was found, it would flip over on you trying to get out of the infamous window.
So that puts the suitcase into play for another completely different reason. To get rid of evidence. If the fibers in the blanket and pillow case withing the suitcase matched those found on JonBenet, there has to be a explanation. Could it be that she was initially on that blanket on the floor at some point before the staging occurred? Maybe the parents found her ON the blanket when they found her body initially.
So that needed to be rid of. Maybe JonBenet and BR were looking at that Dr. Suess book and it was also left on the blanket. The initial crime scene if you will.
That's the reason it was found all in the suitcase. They probably had no idea that JAR semen was on the blanket at all.
It's even possible that the suitcase always held those secret items and BR was aware of the suitcase and it's items. Maybe he learned it from his brother. JMOO.
But when BR smashed her over the head and done his damage, he ran to the "safety" of his bed out of fear and left everything the way it was when the parents found her.
This explains the weird items in the random suitcase. It was never random. It was a private hiding place for secret items. Maybe the photos tossed downstairs was in the same place the suitcase was originally hid. I'd love to know what those photos were of. They had to have been inappropriate.
Down down down the rabbit hole we go.
I hope this made some sense!

Interesting thoughts PL. One thing to note however is that Fleet reported that the suitcase was flush against the wall and he moved it away (to the position it was photographed in) to look for any broken glass.

I think it's possible that the staging of the train room was incomplete, but I don't think the suitcase was anything more than an opportunistic thing, as it was supposedly already downstairs.

Great question, DeDee. Could it be that the photos taken at the White residence that night were not revealed because the brown fibers in question belonged to an article of clothing worn by BR (a minor) that night?

ETA: I take the fibers never being, "identified or sourced to any item or individual," with a grain of salt. The beaver hair on JBR's hand was "never sourced", either, because, IIRC, PR never gave police any of her fur coats or boots.
None of the photos from the Whites party were ever released and I highly doubt Burke was in all of them.

If Burke "did it all" as some claim, wouldn't a lot more than just brown fibers from one article of what might be his clothing have been found? Instead we've got fibers from John and Patsy in crucial areas.

So the question remains.....

Where are Burke's fibers?

None of the photos from the Whites party were ever released and I highly doubt Burke was in all of them.

If Burke "did it all" as some claim, wouldn't a lot more than just brown fibers from one article of what might be his clothing have been found? Instead we've got fibers from John and Patsy in crucial areas.

So the question remains.....

Where are Burke's fibers?

Maybe they're on the real properly-sized underwear JBR was most likely wearing before her death that was never discovered.

According to BDI he redressed her in what she was found in. If the fibers are on her 'real' underwear, why are they not on the other clothing he supposedly redressed her in? Fibers don't get to pick and choose which items they attach to...fibers don't take theories into account.

The thing with fibers is that if they can come off the original garment they can also come off the next surface they attach to. She was murdered in the home, most likely by someone who also lived in the home, covered in each other's fibers and touch DNA. it can't be unraveled with that information. Unless they are truly bountiful in any one spot all they can tell us is that they checked carefully for fiber evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson
Back