The PayPal Defense Fund

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if O'Mara is working pro-bono, it only means that he is not charging GZ for his time- or maybe O'Mara will only be taking the paltry fee that the state will pay (not sure on this). But in any court case, there are easily many thousands of dollars in expenses that no lawyer is going to pay for. Off the top of my head some of these are telephone call costs, photo copies and postage. I'm not sure if the state would pay for expert witnesses, but possibly they would only pay a flat fee and the difference would have to come from GZ.

--omara took the case pro-bono to begin with---once the $$$$'s were found to be rolling in, he'll now be paid from that 'legal defense fund'.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...hony-mark-o-mara-circuit-judge-kenneth-lester

"O'Mara is no longer working for free. Late last month, he discovered $150,000 was remaining from $200,000 that Zimmerman had raised via a homemade website and PayPal account. Zimmerman already had used some of the money for living expenses, O'Mara said.

Until then, he thought Zimmerman was broke. In fact, he had written but not yet filed a motion asking Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. to declare his client indigent for costs, meaning he wanted the state to pay all defense-related costs except for his fee — such things as hiring an investigator, paying for transcripts, hiring experts.

He now expects to be paid.

"I'm a businessman," O'Mara said."

Frances Robles‏@RoblesHerald

O'Mara's legal defense fund for #Zimmerman has raised $15,000. $30,000 from old pot of $ spent on relocation. #trayvon

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

I am surprised no one has posted about the Letter that George sent one of his fans from jail. The fan wanted to contribute to George's PayPal, so George wrote to him. I posted the link in the Media thread earlier today. Have fun!

Your Friend, George.

I am surprised no one has posted about the Letter that George sent one of his fans from jail. The fan wanted to contribute to George's PayPal, so George wrote to him. I posted the link in the Media thread earlier today. Have fun!

Your Friend, George.

Thanks for the link. Everyone should go read that. Yeah, he's a real animal all right. What with asking for prayers, turning to God and believing that the truth will eventually come out.

eta: and btw, how 'bout that theory that O'Mara was holding out on the doc dump to increase donations until the REAL TRUTH came out? I'm thinking there will be a LOT more donations after today. jmo

Thanks for the link. Everyone should go read that. Yeah, he's a real animal all right. What with asking for prayers, turning to God and believing that the truth will eventually come out.

eta: and btw, how 'bout that theory that O'Mara was holding out on the doc dump to increase donations until the REAL TRUTH came out? I'm thinking there will be a LOT more donations after today. jmo

IMO Since it sure seems so far the evidence is showing GZ story is more in line with the truth of what happened that night then just a story.Would not surprise me if it hits a million dollars in the very near future.It does not seem like the NRA has donated yet but I would think after these releases they will be.Most people who support this law will donate now that actual evidence does support GZ SYG claim even more if it can be completely anonymous .JMO and all that jazz..........

Your Friend, George.

Not a fan letter more like a letter of support from someone who believes in the laws being use instead of someone being railroaded and convicted by manipulation and lies of the media.IMO I am a GZ supporter because I believe he did have a right to stand his ground IMO.

I'm amazed and somewhat amused how many criminals seem to find God once they're behind bars. It's a miracle!!

I'm amazed and somewhat amused how many criminals seem to find God once they're behind bars. It's a miracle!!

A person's relationship with God is a personal thing.

Nobody should ever pretend to know about someone else's.

JMO

It seems that God has been part of his life all along. And, personally, I don't find it at all amusing that criminals or those who are trying to get clean and sober turn to God. I think if that's what it takes, then it's all good. Better than staying a criminal and a drug user. That said, none of it applies to George, imo, since he is neither a criminal nor an addict afaik.

The biggest problem I have with GZ's stories, about all kinds of subjects, he leaves out the parts that make him look bad. I think, he is doing that here.

There's another lie by omission; at the bond hearing, he never reported there may be money in the Paypal account (and we haven't seen MOM's accounting for the money either).

There's another lie by omission; at the bond hearing, he never reported there may be money in the Paypal account (and we haven't seen MOM's accounting for the money either).

How can you lie about something you're unaware of? Sure he knew there was a website/paypal account, do you have any proof that he knew how much was in it?

How can you lie about something you're unaware of? Sure he knew there was a website/paypal account, do you have any proof that he knew how much was in it?

He might not have known how much was in it but he had spent $50,000
of whatever was there. IMO he knew exactly how much he had in it and blatantly lied under oath.

of whatever was there. IMO he knew exactly how much he had in it and blatantly lied under oath.

Someone in that family knew how much was in it, that is for sure.
The Prosecutor has learned from that bond hearing to ask more detailed questions so there is no room to misinterpret the facts.

Example of How the Prosecution must Question GZ and his Immediate Family
Mrs Z:
Do you know how much money you have in each of your bank accounts? Do you have access to cash? How much...it's fine you can count it. What accounts do you have access to re: money to pay your bills?

How much money is in your checking account...that's okay, I will wait for you to go on line or call your automated system and check your balances...okay what are the balances right this second in any account that your name is on?

Have you received any money into your account from any other family member?. If yes, who and when and into what account?

Have you received any money into your account from any other person?
If yes, who and when and into what account?

On to the mother, father, brother, and ask the same questions:

Now, on to the person/people who has/had access to the PAYPAl Accounts and ask them to check the balances. If need be take a recess while this is done in front of the notary or the court clerk.

If this prosecutor continues to ask "yes or no" questions, of any of the Zimmerman family members, he is going to get answers that are either misleading or include omissions of facts and details, IMO.

Someone in that family knew how much was in it, that is for sure.
The Prosecutor has learned from that bond hearing to ask more detailed questions so there is no room to misinterpret the facts.

Example of How the Prosecution must Question GZ and his Immediate Family
Mrs Z:
Do you know how much money you have. What accounts do you have access to re: money to pay your bills?

How much money is in your checking account...that's okay, I will wait for you to go on line or call your automated system and check your balances...okay what are the balances right this second in any account that your name is on?

Have you received any money into your account from any other family member?. If yes, who and when and into what account?

Have you received any money into your account from any other person?
If yes, who and when and into what account?

On to the mother, father, brother, and ask the same questions:

Now, on to the person/people who has/had access to the PAYPAl Accounts and ask them to check the balances. If need be take a recess while this is done in front of the notary or the court clerk.

If this prosecutor continues to ask "yes or no" questions, of any of the Zimmerman family members, he is going to get answers that are either misleading or include omissions of facts and details, IMO.

Are you requiring equal supervision and public knowledge of all funds donated to the TM Foundation and how they are spent? Shall we examine Martin family expenses?

Because that would be fair. Those donors need to know how their donations are being used andd if they approve of that use.

Actually, I don't care about either...but if we demand one accounting...then if we are unbiased and interested only in fairness, it cuts both ways.

We don't know that he did. All of the details that we have regarding the money say that there was $204k at one point in time, 3.5% of the amount raised (not transferred, which equates to about $7200) was taken by paypal, THEN funds started coming out of the $150k. No one has stated what the remaining $42,860 was spent for, and it could have been used by the brother. Still, we have no clue that Mr. Zimmerman knew of the amount while he was in jail. The brother was the one in control of it.

Edit: Also, I'd like to point out that I don't recall Mr. Zimmerman being questioned about how much money he had at the bond hearing - did I miss it? I'm not sure how you can "lie under oath" if you're not asked about it to begin with.

Are you requiring equal supervision and public knowledge of all funds donated to the TM Foundation and how they are spent? Shall we examine Martin family expenses?

Because that would be fair. Those donors need to know how their donations are being used andd if they approve of that use.

Actually, I don't care about either...but if we demand one accounting...then if we are unbiased and interested only in fairness, it cuts both ways.

This is a SIMPLY A Sample, based on what happened at the bond hearing, of the type of questions that I think this prosecutor needs to ask and the manner in which to approach any questioning, on any subject, with this defendant and his family and friends.

This is not about the money and the bond hearing it is merely an example of how to get more detailed answers.

BBM

That had nothing to do with the bond hearing and what money they get has nothing to do with the case.

Should people want detailed information from TM's family about how those donations are being used? Will there be full transparency?

BBM

That had nothing to do with the bond hearing and what money they get has nothing to do with the case.

Doesn't appear the judge believed it to be a big deal at all.
Zimmerman collected a large amount of money in a short period of time.
He was sitting in jail when the bond hearing was.
I don't think he was checking his paypal balance from jail.

We don't know that he did. All of the details that we have regarding the money say that there was $204k at one point in time, 3.5% of the amount raised (not transferred, which equates to about $7200) was taken by paypal, THEN funds started coming out of the $150k. No one has stated what the remaining $42,860 was spent for, and it could have been used by the brother. Still, we have no clue that Mr. Zimmerman knew of the amount while he was in jail. The brother was the one in control of it.

Edit: Also, I'd like to point out that I don't recall Mr. Zimmerman being questioned about how much money he had at the bond hearing - did I miss it? I'm not sure how you can "lie under oath" if you're not asked about it to begin with.

Mr. Zimmerman allowed his spokesperson to get up there and say he only had a few thousand dollars.

It is beyond belief that neither George, his wife, or his dad knew George had 200k sitting in that account.

You know full well they were keeping track of the money something like this: Oh wow we have 10 k in the account, oh wow we have 25k in the account, oh my we have 50k, 100k, 125k, 175k, 200k wow oh wow.

Nobody has money like that coming in and does not know it. ALL IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member