The Phone Calls in the early morning of Dec.18, 2013 (both PayPhone & cells)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think Surfside is saying a WS'er proposed this as a speculative theory. I read it, too, but don't remember on which thread. Basically I believe the theory was that TM and SM fought and she kicked him out of the truck, hence him needing to use a payphone. IIRC.
Yep. Thanks, nosy. :)

I wonder if SM had been working nearby that night (without TM tagging along) and had to call her for a ride so figured he would sneak a call into Heather first?

Oh wait...they were having sex everywhere...

Didn't SM work at TK until sometime in December, after she disappeared? If so, they could have talked there or arranged meetings.

Yeah, when exactly did he stop working there? And under what circumstances? I've never had a clear understanding of that.

Could it be just as LE has opined? Could it be they were both in on it and were both culpable and both participated and both are charged for exactly the right reason?

Yes I think it could. It could be just that simple and just that complicated.

Could it be just as LE has opined? Could it be they were both in on it and were both culpable and both participated and both are charged for exactly the right reason?

Yes I think it could. It could be just that simple and just that complicated.*

That's it in a nutshell. I don't believe we will know who was more culpable for sure until more evidence is revealed.

But, unless they were seeing one another at work, how would they keep a relationship going without some kind of trace? How could they meet up, for example, without a phone call? LE, at this point would know, their home numbers, their cell numbers, their SM accounts, etc...electronic trails are out there forever. Not like back in the day when we might slip one another a note, literally, that could be torn up, shredded, whatever. They'd have to be pretty sharp to not leave some kind of electronic trail, iykwim. Especially with TM monitoring his every move. Even going to work with him.

They could have left messages at a certain spot, like a gas station in what locals have called a seedy part of town, where there appears to be a least one working payphone.

I wonder, did she have no calls from pay phones before?

I'm still wondering if he had a "bat" phone and was communicating with HE on it?

Sent from my Galaxy S4, using Tapatalk Blue.

But payphones, bat phones, etc...on her end LE would see this 'unidentified number' calling more than once and, although theoretically they might not be able to prove it was SM, I think they would put it together that the same number/numbers was calling her phone. Unless he was repeatedly throwing these phones away generating new numbers all the time, which I doubt.

I wonder if there were any pay phone to pay phone calls. Say calls from an outside pay phone to a pay phone at TK. Does TK have a pay phone? Even around here where you'd be hard pressed to find a pay phone outside anymore, many restaurants still have one or two. Maybe he would call her there. They might even have a signal or time to communicate that way.

What about a close friend? I'm wondering if SM had at least one close friend whom he trusted enough to pass messages onto Heather for him. :twocents:

I actually keep hoping something like this is the case. Because the more people involved, even if just peripherally, the more chance someone will break, or LE will be able to tie them into it to put another puzzle piece into place.

I just find it odd that L.e would say they no longer were in contact after 11/5. It is such a definitive statement, which seems kind of unprovable to me. Jmo

I just find it odd that L.e would say they no longer were in contact after 11/5. It is such a definitive statement, which seems kind of unprovable to me. Jmo

I agree with you on that. They can't rule out x, y or z , but that they can rule out. It does seem odd, to say the least.

I agree there is no way to prove it 100%, but maybe Heather said this to BW and LE believe it to be true.

I agree there is no way to prove it 100%, but maybe Heather said this to BW and LE believe it to be true.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Even if BW didn't really condone the relationship, I don't think she would have kept that from her. Unless something else had happened and BW had given her some kind of ultimatum like "if you don't stop seeing him, I'm gonna tell (or do) _______, which girlfriends might do from time to time if they really feared for their friend's safety, so Heather decided she was better off keeping it to herself.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Even if BW didn't really condone the relationship, I don't think she would have kept that from her. Unless something else had happened and BW had given her some kind of ultimatum like "if you don't stop seeing him, I'm gonna tell (or do) _______) which girlfriend would do from time to time if they really feared for their friends safety, so Heather decided she was better off keeping it to herself.

Heather may have been embarrassed to tell BW, if she had told her about the drama with TM, that she was still seeing SM, though. Until SM told her he wanted to be with her, had left his wife, etc...Imo, that is what many women in such a relationship want and often their friends are telling them it will never happen. So I can see Heather wanting to share that right away, even if it shocked and upset her on some levels. Still wondering why the call to BW was so short, though, with such drama. Jmo

it took me awhile to find this, originally i remember hearing this in an interview, but i found it here in this article:

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/24...missing-heather-elvis-investigation-speak-out

"Terry Elvis has his own prime suspect based on phone records from the original police report. He confirmed what's in that report: months ago, Heather was romantically involved with a married man she met while working as a restaurant hostess. Terry says Heather's roommate told him it ended more than a month ago. Yet, according to witness statements to police and those same phone records, there were several calls back and forth between Heather and the married man the morning of Heather's disappearance. That same roommate told police Heather was talking to the man again, and that night, he called to tell her he was leaving his wife and wanted to be with her."

someone upthread asked who posed the theory that SM and TM had an argument and that TM could have kicked SM out of the truck then he went and made that phone call to Heather- well that was me.

< snipped by me >

as far as the above bolded by me, can someone interpret this for me. does this mean that they just started talking again that morning of 12/18 or before that? thanks in advance

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/24...missing-heather-elvis-investigation-speak-out

"Terry Elvis has his own prime suspect based on phone records from the original police report. He confirmed what's in that report: months ago, Heather was romantically involved with a married man she met while working as a restaurant hostess. Terry says Heather's roommate told him it ended more than a month ago. Yet, according to witness statements to police and those same phone records, there were several calls back and forth between Heather and the married man the morning of Heather's disappearance. That same roommate told police Heather was talking to the man again, and that night, he called to tell her he was leaving his wife and wanted to be with her."

someone upthread asked who posed the theory that SM and TM had an argument and that TM could have kicked SM out of the truck then he went and made that phone call to Heather- well that was me.

as far as the above bolded by me, can someone interpret this for me. does this mean that they just started talking again that morning of 12/18 or before that? thanks in advance
Thank you for clearing up my bad memory on who posed that theory. As for the part in bold, I suppose it's open to interpretation, but to me, it means that they had recently been in contact again. As in, before the phone call about leaving his wife. JMO.

Thank you for clearing up my bad memory on who posed that theory. As for the part in bold, I suppose it's open to interpretation, but to me, it means that they had recently been in contact again. As in, before the phone call about leaving his wife. JMO.

i had my husband read it for interpretation, he said it means they started speaking only that morning. i have him hooked on this case too.

i just think the wording is wrong. but lets just see how many interpretations we can get.

No one can interpret what the roommate actually meant except for the roommate. Who knows if the wording in that article is even precise? It's kind of pointless because we know they were in touch that night and we know she's now missing and presumed dead.

imo, it is not pointless. for arguments sake, if Heather and SM were communicating in some other fashion other than his cell phone, his lawyer may use that to his advantage, that SM cared for Heather and would never harm her and that he didn't set her up. put the blame totally on his wife.

imo, i think the wording is not precise.

The part that's pointless is us trying to figure out what the roommate meant when the words are not even a direct quote, the words are coming from an article a reporter wrote, so at least second-hand, it may not be exactly what was said, and even if it was accurate, only the roommate can say what she meant.

FWIW - in the early days of this case - it was reported on the news that Heather HAD RECENTLY BEEN back in contact with SM prior to her disappearance.

This was before reports were confirmed of his call to her the night of the 18th. I remember this vividly because it was one of the first times I had really started to pay attention to what was being reported and immediately thought he had to be a POI.

Then there were Terry's comments, which to me, indicated that the above was indeed true.

Just MOO and all that. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98
Back