The Phone Calls in the early morning of Dec.18, 2013 (both PayPhone & cells)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is a double-edge sword; if I go missing I because I take a walk I would want someone to be able
to find me...I really don't do anything I need to be scared about, however; if a crime is going to occur
I don't want the criminal to track me either??? So what do you do.

I wasn't sure I wanted to post a scary thing that happened in my past but I am going to tell it anyway, when I was a young girl I had a crazy stalker that followed me on dates, home, to friends houses, shopping etc., the police would not do anything to him at that time there were no "laws", now there are laws and phones. He eventually killed himself it could have been me.
My father took matters into his own hands and had words with him. He followed me to the movies one night offering me
my favorite lunch meat!!!!It got so crazy, so weird. Phones, phones, it's worse if some creeps wants to find you they will. Flowers, gifts, phone hang-ups. Girls...you must be very careful have your 360 Vision on at all times.

There was a lot of discussion here a couple months ago about this being a possibility. The police said they believe Heather drove alone to PTL and she was killed at PTL. We have yet to see/hear of any evidence that discredits the possibility that somebody else drove her car to PTL. We also don't know why they are so sure she was killed at PTL. The fact that the police had her father drive her car away from PTL, thus contaminating the crime scene, does not help either.
BBM: Do you have a link to that? All I can remember/find is the police saying "they learned Elvis drove herself to Peachtree after reviewing her social media messages and phone records." I don't know if that's enough to infer that she was alone when she "drove herself." Maybe so, I'm just wondering if I overlooked something. TIA.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_0fc542b6-a0a7-11e3-ba44-001a4bcf6878.html

Or here's another idea, TM dropped SM off, HE and SM spent some time at her apt and then HE drove SM back to PTL where he knocked her out or killed her and then called TM to come with the truck. Maybe HE did drive to PTL, but one thought I have not seen posted here was that SM was with her at the time...... :thinking:

I said hmm,, maybe, then realized TM would have never left SM alone with Heather.

BBM: Do you have a link to that? All I can remember/find is the police saying "they learned Elvis drove herself to Peachtree after reviewing her social media messages and phone records." I don't know if that's enough to infer that she was alone when she "drove herself." Maybe so, I'm just wondering if I overlooked something. TIA.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_0fc542b6-a0a7-11e3-ba44-001a4bcf6878.html

They don't explicitly state she is alone when she drove herself to PTL, but the way they talk about it, I would say it is assumed.
http://www.wbtw.com/story/24992456/...-accused-of-killing-20-year-old-missing-woman

I said hmm,, maybe, then realized TM would have never left SM alone with Heather.

Yeah. I tend to flip flop on the specifics of how she got to the landing.

For now my simplest theory is that when SM called her with his fake crying is that he claimed he was thrown out of his house without his car and needed her to come pick him up.

That kind of fake story would have helped convince her she had to actually leave her house at that late hour.

I think he may have told her he was near the landing and he was walking there and needed a ride and would be able to meet her there in like 30 minutes.

Because she seemed to have time after his call to call her girlfriend and talk about it. So she had a little time. I think she left to meet him at the landing where they may have met before when he snuck out on TM.

One scenerio I can see is that SM was sitting on a rock pretending to be crying when she pulled up. He would have motioned for her to get out of the car to come over to him as he pretends to be really upset and still crying.

Then when she got close enough, he may have just strangled her or hit her with something or tazed her or something. Then he called TM who was ready to zoom in and pick him up and they loaded her in the truck and took off as fast as they could.

That scenerio allows them to make sure the landing had nobody around to witness anything. If someone would have been there, then they could have went with Plan B whatever that was.

Just theory of course.

I wasn't sure I wanted to post a scary thing that happened in my past but I am going to tell it anyway, when I was a young girl I had a crazy stalker that followed me on dates, home, to friends houses, shopping etc., the police would not do anything to him at that time there were no "laws", now there are laws and phones. He eventually killed himself it could have been me.
My father took matters into his own hands and had words with him. He followed me to the movies one night offering me
my favorite lunch meat!!!!It got so crazy, so weird. Phones, phones, it's worse if some creeps wants to find you they will. Flowers, gifts, phone hang-ups. Girls...you must be very careful have your 360 Vision on at all times.

Yes, scary stuff!

I read a lot & I read this book titled 'You' by Caroline Kepnes last month. It's about this sketchball of a guy who stalked this girl after she shopped at the bookstore he managed. He wrote down her name when she paid with a credit card, went home and and found out all this stuff about her online... like where she lived and her social media accounts... & then he physically stalked her for weeks. After he figured out where she would be one night from a post she put up on Twitter, he just happened to "bump into her" there. He used everything he learned thru stalking her to get her interested in him and they started dating! It was written from the stalker's perspective and it reallllyyyyy freaked me out!

BTW, I didn't ruin the book if anyone planned to read it. All of that is pretty much in the book's description. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta love the media. From the way the above article reads, it appears Heather reviewed her social media messages and phone records and they inspired her to drive to PTL.

Donna Elder said they know from her GPS coordinates that she left after talking to SM from her home, and went to PTL. That premise includes the theory of a lure to PTL, implying she drove herself there to meet them and her fate.
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/article_588cb81e-ae0b-11e3-86e2-0017a43b2370.html

As I recall, the other reference to PTL was after the arrests when the Solicitor said something to the effect that every indication is she drove herself there. He added something to the effect that there's nothing to indicate she didn't.

I think when your premise is "We know 'x' happened because we have no indication it didn't...and/or no indication that 'y' did", you're really saying you have a theory.

In Heather's case, they really only know for sure that her phone traveled from her condo vicinity to the landing vicinity, and since her car ended up there, they reason she was with the phone, driving her car.

But, for all anyone knows, she could have been alone, or with SM and already gravely disabled or deceased, or someone else could have been the driver and the only one in the car, with control of her phone.

I continue to believe that the murder theory keeps the murder at PTL because it's the only location where the state can reasonably argue that all the parties were present at the same time. Theorizing beyond PTL creates problems at trial. So, I've always felt that the theory of murder at PTL is more a product of what they don't know, than what they do, and it aligns with the only timeline they have via the phone records. For that timeline to work for the state, things had to happen and be over pretty darn fast.

I don't think this lessens the probability of M's guilt. I just think it's a reflection of the fact that LE really doesn't know what the M's did, when they did it, or how they disposed of her body.

They do seem to have concluded early on that whatever was done makes Heather unlikely to ever be found. Why no elaboration on that? Because it gets into speculation after the trail of circumstantial evidence appears to have ended. The Solicitor said what they later found at the house was an extension of what they already had.

I think these two succeeded in killing her and disposing of her without a trace because they had a plan, third party help, and some luck. Not enough luck to keep them from getting arrested, but so far, enough to make their victim vanish and give their defense some ammunition in arguing, "What did they do in that fleeting time frame to end this girl's life, and how/where did they hide her if they allegedly headed back home, but no body was subsequently found on their property?"

My guess is the defense will then present some alternative scenarios of what happened to Heather.

JMO

Yes, scary stuff!

I read a lot & I read this book titled 'You' by Caroline Kepnes last month. It's about this sketchball of a guy who stalked this girl after she shopped at the bookstore he managed. He wrote down her name when she paid with a credit card, went home and and found out all this stuff about her online... like where she lived and her social media accounts... & then he physically stalked her for weeks. After he figured out where she would be one night from a post she put up on Twitter, he just happened to "bump into her" there. He used everything he learned thru stalking her to get her interested in him and they started dating! It was written from the stalker's perspective and it reallllyyyyy freaked me out!

BTW, I didn't ruin the book if anyone planned to read it. All of that is pretty much in the book's description. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I have seen teenage girls do that many times, right in my own home.... :facepalm:
stalking is pretty simple these days with Twitter and Facebook, the trick is to know how to make your profile private

Gotta love the media. From the way the above article reads, it appears Heather reviewed her social media messages and phone records and they inspired her to drive to PTL.

Donna Elder said they know from her GPS coordinates that she left after talking to SM from her home, and went to PTL. That premise includes the theory of a lure to PTL, implying she drove herself there to meet them and her fate.
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/article_588cb81e-ae0b-11e3-86e2-0017a43b2370.html

As I recall, the other reference to PTL was after the arrests when the Solicitor said something to the effect that every indication is she drove herself there. He added something to the effect that there's nothing to indicate she didn't.

I think when your premise is "We know 'x' happened because we have no indication it didn't...and/or no indication that 'y' did", you're really saying you have a theory.

In Heather's case, they really only know for sure that her phone traveled from her condo vicinity to the landing vicinity, and since her car ended up there, they reason she was with the phone, driving her car.

But, for all anyone knows, she could have been alone, or with SM and already gravely disabled or deceased, or someone else could have been the driver and the only one in the car, with control of her phone.

I continue to believe that the murder theory keeps the murder at PTL because it's the only location where the state can reasonably argue that all the parties were present at the same time. Theorizing beyond PTL creates problems at trial. So, I've always felt that the theory of murder at PTL is more a product of what they don't know, than what they do, and it aligns with the only timeline they have via the phone records. For that timeline to work for the state, things had to happen and be over pretty darn fast.

I don't think this lessens the probability of M's guilt. I just think it's a reflection of the fact that LE really doesn't know what the M's did, when they did it, or how they disposed of her body.

They do seem to have concluded early on that whatever was done makes Heather unlikely to ever be found. Why no elaboration on that? Because it gets into speculation after the trail of circumstantial evidence appears to have ended. The Solicitor said what they later found at the house was an extension of what they already had.

I think these two succeeded in killing her and disposing of her without a trace because they had a plan, third party help, and some luck. Not enough luck to keep them from getting arrested, but so far, enough to make their victim vanish and give their defense some ammunition in arguing, "What did they do in that fleeting time frame to end this girl's life, and how/where did they hide her if they allegedly headed back home, but no body was subsequently found on their property?"

My guess is the defense will then present some alternative scenarios of what happened to Heather.

JMO
Yes, yes, yes, and yes! So much YES! Great post, jillycat. :)

Elvis vanished after she drove her car - willingly, authorities believe - to a boat landing building in Myrtle Beach. It was found empty the next day. Police believe Miss Elvis later drove herself to the boat landing where her car was found, although the reason she would go there is not known.

Her roommate had told police the affair had ended about a month before Miss Elvis disappeared, and that on the night she went missing, the pair were back in contact. The roommate allegedly said Miss Elvis told her Moorer had called to say he was leaving his wife so he could be with her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-charged-kidnapping-murder.html#ixzz3YiqIF6Mg

They don't explicitly state she is alone when she drove herself to PTL, but the way they talk about it, I would say it is assumed.
http://www.wbtw.com/story/24992456/...-accused-of-killing-20-year-old-missing-woman

Police have not said what her exact times of departure and arrival were. They did say they learned Elvis drove herself to Peachtree after reviewing her social media messages and phone records.

RSBM & BBM: Boat landing BUILDING? What are they even talking about over there on the other side of the pond? There's no building. Just the landing. Haha! :facepalm:

Ah a building. Ok.

Then there was the '3:41 (when she last talked to a family member according to one report) vs 6:00...wait, that was a "roundabout" timeline issue.
The "activity vs ping" issue.
The IE before her disappearance/no it was after issue.
And the DNA/no wait, it was Heather's...from her own car' issue.

I think a contributing factor to TM's arrogance is because she knows exactly what happened and the theories that LE have thrown out are not what went down that night. Because LE may not have the exact happenings, it's given TM & SM a sense of accomplishment and "we got away with it, they don't have a body". They're using that as a way to poke holes in the evidence that LE has. After seeing how TM operates it's obvious it's a game to her.

I think a contributing factor to TM's arrogance is because she knows exactly what happened and the theories that LE have thrown out are not what went down that night. Because LE may not have the exact happenings, it's given TM & SM a sense of accomplishment and "we got away with it, they don't have a body". They're using that as a way to poke holes in the evidence that LE has. After seeing how TM operates it's obvious it's a game to her.

Agreed 100%

I doubt that was true. TM didn't know about the affair until late October 2014.

I agree. I put that statement in the same category as her statement that they had an open marriage and she had a boyfriend for the past 2(?) years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back