The Pontiac - "Revisted" #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that this has been brought up before, but looking at the items retrieved from KC's car, they seem to be all recyclables. Mostly paper, plastic and aluminum. It's as if a recycling container has been emptied out in her trunk. Why? Whose items are they.? If it was someone's recycling, they might recognize it just from the combination of items.

And, knowing that she would soon be found out, why didn't she clean out the car?

Or did she clean the car, and dump some reclycling in the trunk to make it look as if she hadn't made an effort to cover anything up?

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/19105250/detail.html

Who was it that pushed the car into the Amscot parking lot, on what day & time, was there anyone other than Casey in the car at the time?
Who picked up Casey from the Amscot, on what day & time, was she alone? If not, where was Caylee at these dates & times? What possessions did Casey take with her when she was picked up after she left the Amscot, where are those possessions, now? Did she attempt to retrieve the car from the Amscot, on what day & time, and what was wrong with the car that it couldn't be retrieved from the Amscot, and had to be towed? I have to understand this event to nail down why on God's green earth Casey did not get her car from Amscot?

I know I wouldn't leave my car to be towed without finding a way to get it back, or at least to a shop or somewhere to keep it until I could afford to fix it, and surely NOT at a tow lot that I would have to pay storage on. This event is puzzling to me, could someone help me out with what evidence there is in released interviews or other reliable sources to clarify this event?

Thanks in Advance!

1.)And WHERE are the Amscot parking lot survelince tapes????

2.)DID KC ASSUME the car would be stolen before towed?

3.Was the car left locked or unlocked? Were the keys left in the ingnition or not?

(I only want to hear these questions answered by the tow people-not the A's since I DON'T believe the A's)

The gargabe bag left in the trunk came from TonE's apartment. WHY??? Tone's apt. complex had dumpsters so what reason would KC have for removing a garbage bag from TonE's apt. and putting it in her car trunk? Illogical. If she simply wanted to dump garbage in her trunk to cover up the human decomp smell, then why not add a garbage bag with rotting meat/food in it? Or a Full pizza box vs. an empty one? Makes NO sense whatsoever!
I'm sure that this has been brought up before, but looking at the items retrieved from KC's car, they seem to be all recyclables. Mostly paper, plastic and aluminum. It's as if a recycling container has been emptied out in her trunk. Why? Whose items are they.? If it was someone's recycling, they might recognize it just from the combination of items.

And, knowing that she would soon be found out, why didn't she clean out the car?

Or did she clean the car, and dump some reclycling in the trunk to make it look as if she hadn't made an effort to cover anything up?

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/19105250/detail.html

The gargabe bag left in the trunk came from TonE's apartment. WHY??? Tone's apt. complex had dumpsters so what reason would KC have for removing a garbage bag from TonE's apt. and putting it in her car trunk? Illogical. If she simply wanted to dump garbage in her trunk to cover up the human decomp smell, then why not add a garbage bag with rotting meat/food in it? Or a Full pizza box vs. an empty one? Makes NO sense whatsoever!

She put Tony's kitchen garbage bag in the trunk because that is what she had?

No doubt somewhat smelly as all kitchen garbage is.

She did not have the option to design and manufacture a designer ensemble of garbage with just the right piquancy?
(Soupcon of meat, preferably 2 days old, plus 2 week old vegetables)

She needed (then and there) the smelliest thing available - Voila! the smelly old garbage from the kitchen bin!

She did not have the option to design and manufacture a designer ensemble of garbage with just the right piquancy?

She needed (then and there) the smelliest thing available - Voila! the smelly old garbage from the kitchen bin!

Designer garbage! Too funny...And your right, I would imagine especially coming from a bachor pad. How many guys clean the inside of their kitchen bin? (which no doubt is stinky and sticky from leaks).

PS. Wrong about the posting time but "X" marks the spot.;)

1.)And WHERE are the Amscot parking lot survelince tapes????

The police tried to get them but because more than two weeks had transpired they had already been taped over.

2.)DID KC ASSUME the car would be stolen before towed?

No, she returned on June 30 late in the afternoon with a newly-purchased gas can bought at Target with Amy's credit card (Amy was with her and made the purchase for the mooch), but by the time she turned the corner where the Amscot is located, the car had already been towed.

3.Was the car left locked or unlocked? Were the keys left in the ingnition or not?

Locked, and KC had her keys.

LOL - I had never considered the idea that she was going to use the garbage as an excuse for the smell. I always thought she used the garbage as an excuse to go out to the car to deal with the trunk contents. Here, let me take that out for you. However, the smell-covering scenario is the simplest and most plausible.

just when I thought it couldn't get any worse... it does.
Who out there still believes Caylee may have been in the trunk when George picks it up from impound, meaning at least he, and maybe Cindy, and maybe Lee, were in on the coverup???

IIRC GA and the tow yard guy actually opened the trunk together at the impound and tossed the yucky garbage bag over the fence (it was later retrieved by LE). So Caylee was disposed of BEFORE the car was towed.
Also...the tow people DID admit to a stench coming from the car early on but saw nothing through the windows and had no key. They do not enter the cars until due process has been followed (ie the certified letter and x # of days pass). I get the feeling that a lot of "abandoned cars" are stinky.

The police tried to get them but because more than two weeks had transpired they had already been taped over.

No, she returned on June 30 late in the afternoon with a newly-purchased gas can bought at Target with Amy's credit card (Amy was with her and made the purchase for the mooch), but by the time she turned the corner where the Amscot is located, the car had already been towed.

Locked, and KC had her keys.

So we know at least two different stories for the car at Amscot: She told TonE that George was going to take care of it, and Amy got another version of running out of gas. Yeah, I like to talk of the obvious. Sometimes, in the world of forms and shadows....

Tony L's audio interview contains more information about the trash. He states that the dumpsters are at the front of the complex. The guys in the apartment often put the trash in the trunks of their car and drove it up to the dumpster.

LOL - I had never considered the idea that she was going to use the garbage as an excuse for the smell. I always thought she used the garbage as an excuse to go out to the car to deal with the trunk contents. Here, let me take that out for you. However, the smell-covering scenario is the simplest and most plausible.
She may have also wanted that excuse to check the pontiac boot, but by then I think it contained a dead Caylee and the smell was a problem, so I have always thought the bag of garbage was to explain/cover the smell. Similarly I think KC chose to park close to a smelly dumpster for the same reason. The calcs by BJB, and the fact that KC tried to organise some gas for her car, indicate she did run out of gas, but I think she still made it, or got pushed to park near the dumpster as a choice.

Months ago it was speculated that Casey abandoned the Pontiac @ Amscot 6/27 so she wouldn't be faced with taking Tony to the airport 6/30AM w/ the smell of decomp increasingly permeating her car...to further ensure she'd get the use of Tony's Jeep for the week.

Well...I bought it. I thought Casey had actually pulled something off that required a little planning & forethought.

Now...I've revisited the situation armed w/ a little more information...and I hafta conclude that Casey actually did run outta gas. :doh:

It requires a few working assumptions, but, here's how we get there...

On 6/23 Casey ran outta gas. We know exactly where AND, as a result of this incident from Tony's statement, we now know exactly what route Casey drove when she traveled between G&C's and Tony's. We know from Casey's pings the major trips she took, most likely in the Pontiac between 6/23 and 6/27. While Casey may have made a short trip or two from Tony's apt. to, say, Subway, for example, it doesn't appear she ventured too far...so, we've got decent information to work from here too.

• 6/23 after filling up, Casey & Tony returned to his apt. (Tony's statement)
  • 6/24 Casey returned to G&C's (for the now famous scene) for 1 roundtrip (pings support)
  • 6/25 Casey hung @ Tony's (pings)
  • 6/26 Casey hung @ Tony's (pings)
  • 6/27 Casey returned to G&C's and almost made it back to Tony's, calling for help @ 11:47AM. (pings support)
The exact total mileage of these trips is 47.2 miles.​
From G&C's interview on Greta we know the size of the two gas cans Casey used were a 2.5gallon and a 1.25 gallon (the volumes aren't listed on the police report). We prolly don't want to assume these were 100% full, and we can play with this a little to see the effect later.

I found 5 different models of the 1998 Pontiac Sunfire w/ varying specs, however, the estimate mpg for all ranged +/- 1 mpg for city & highway stats. We'll use 20mpg as the most-common cited city mileage.

Finally, I found at least one reference for a similarly sized engine that indicated it burned 0.18 gallons/hr @ idle. This isn't a perfect reference, but, is actually a little conservative.

From the pings we can see that Casey approached Amscot, on the move, @ 11:40AM. She placed her distress call to Tony @ 11:47AM. We can quickly conclude that 7 minutes was not sufficient time to run out any significant volume of gas whatsoever...@ a rate even 2x the 0.18gallon/hr listed above.

...so how does that match up w/ what we know about the rest of the scene.

If we just do the straight math and not make any allowances for Casey running the AC, driving heavy footed as she likely sped away outta G&C's driveway 6/24, etc....just straight 20mpg...for 47.2 miles she would've consumed 2.4 gallons

If the 2 gas cans had been a collective 63% full... (2.5 + 1.25) = 3.75 * 0.63 = 2.4 gallons => Casey would have run outta gas precisely @ Amscot.

If the cans had been, say, 75% full...@ 20mpg...Casey would've had 0.5 gallons left in the tank @ Amscot and would have had to idle for 2.5 hours to run the tank empty. One can arrive at similar combinations of 'empty' by simply decreasing the mpg & increasing the volume that one assumes was in the gas cans of course (e.g. 85% full cans and 15mpg also = empty precisely @ Amscot).

So....now...thinking about the consequences of not running out @ Amscot I'm thinking Casey woulda just begged off 6/30AM and told Tony she was "on Empty" if he'd asked her to take him to the airport...had she made it all the way to Tony's 6/27.

BJB - didn't she say some guys helped her push it into the parking lot? If she really did run out and just maybe told the TRUTH (LOL) bout the "pushers", who and where are they? Any speculation that they may be on the video, already found by LE and it's just quiet?

Hello. I am new on here. I love, love your posts. That sentence at the bottom always is something Casey's grandmother Shirley said to the police, right? It is so much more damning coming from her. I didn't catch that till I read her interview. Wow.

IMO CA's defense team is trying to plant reasonable doubt in the minds of the public for certain evidence in the case.

However, there is certain evidence JB cannot explain away.

Currently for me, the strongest evidence the state has against CA is the car.

Think about it.

Why dump a car?

Logic would have it that if your car runs out of gas, you get gas and fill up the gas tank. Problem solved. But, why dump your car?

She leaves her car at Amscot and never goes to retrieve it why?

There were several people she could get to help her fill the tank with gas so that she can get it home. She did indeed ask Amy to help her in a text message on June 27th and she called Jessie and Ricardo on that day or the following day.

They were not available then but, she could have enlisted their help when they were available. And what about her brother Lee? IMO he would have helped her.

After she got the checks from Amy couldn't she have gone and gotten the car then? She could have gone to Amscot found out if the car was still there. If it was ttowed find out where was it towed to. Go write a bad check at the bank and get the car back.

Why dump a car?

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Sanchez,%20Catherine0724.pdf

http://cayleeanthony.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/amscot-dumpster.jpg

IMO CA's defense team is trying to plant reasonable doubt in the minds of the public for certain evidence in the case.

Think about it.

Why dump a car?

Logic would have it that if your car runs out of gas, you get gas and fill up the gas tank. Problem solved. But, why dump your car?

There were several people she could get to help her fill the tank with gas so that she can get it home. She did indeed ask Amy to help her in a text message on June 27th and she called Jessie and Ricardo on that day or the following day.

They were not available then but, she could have enlisted their help when they were available. And what about her brother Lee? IMO he would have helped her.

After she got the checks from Amy couldn't she have gone and gotten the car then? She could have gone to Amscot found out if the car was still there. If it was towed find out where was it towed to. Go write a bad check at the bank and get the car back.

Why dump a car?

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Sanchez, Catherine0724.pdf

Because in her wee little mind she thought that someone would steal it and it would be gone forever. Unfortunately (for her) it didn't work out that way.

She obviously didn't think it through very well. But then again, that's KC.

Think about it.

Why dump a car?

After she got the checks from Amy couldn't she have gone and gotten the car then? She could have gone to Amscot found out if the car was still there. If it was ttowed find out where was it towed to. Go write a bad check at the bank and get the car back.

Why dump a car?

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Sanchez,%20Catherine0724.pdf

How long was KC's car sitting at Amscot?

I've said the same thing. Not only did she leave the car she left her purse in it. I think she was hoping it would get stolen.

The night she got rid of the car at Amscot, she was texting Amy telling her she got rid of the dead animal smell that was plastered to her car. Thats very very telling to me.

How long was KC's car sitting at Amscot?
I think it was towed on July 30. It was left there on June 27 according to Casey's text message to Amy concerning running out of gas.

The person who called the towing company said she could not tell if the car smelled because it was parked next to a dumpster.

I'm sure it was hot [it was July in Florida]. What a perfect place to leave a smelly car. Next to a dumpster on a hot Florida day.

I think it was towed on July 30. It was left there on June 27 according to Casey's text message to Amy concerning running out of gas.

The person who called the towing company said she could not tell if the car smelled because it was parked next to a dumpster.

I'm sure it was hot [it was July in Florida]. What a perfect place to leave a smelly car. Next to a dumpster on a hot Florida day.

oddly the car was never called in either as missing....what she can't explain away-----31 days.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi