The Pontiac - "Revisted" #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that she thought the smell would dissipate in a few days (as she had taken care of the "squirrel" problem) so when she went back to get it with Amy, it would no longer smell??

But how about the audio of the interview with TonE, when officers are driving him around to pinpoint the spot where he went to pick up KC on one occasion when she ran out of gas? Can't remember the date off hand. LE kept asking him if he smelled anything, how close he got to the trunk, etc. This was after Caylee was killed, and it seems he could have smelled the trunk then, but didn't. He didn't imply that KC was trying to keep him away from the trunk either.

IIR KC took a while to convince Amy to buy a gas can, so she was trying before it was towed. Also speculation that KC returned to Anthony home possibly to steal gas again on 29th? I think it took KC a while to organise getting gas from 27th to 30th.
And again, she had money on July 7th. That's when she wrote the bad check at Target. She had access to over 700 dollars. More than enough money to get the car from the tow yard and pay any fines.

IMO she did not want that car back.

Do you mean June 27th instead of July 27th. I'm also confused about the gas cans She had some gas cans and George wanted them back. And she would not let him into the trunk of the car to get them. Is this the incident you are referring to?

ETA: Like our newest poster said, when her mom asked her why she didn't go back for the car, Casey said, "I don't know mom."

That is very telling IMO.

Long time lurker..First time I felt I could contribute a good decent thought. The jailhouse interview it is asked by CA"why didn't she come back for the car?" Her reply was "I don't know mom". Then it is left alone. She IMO is telling them that she abandoned that car because Z told her to,it was part of the script. She had to lie to everyone else because she was in fear for their lives.,or whatever she tells them. Yeah? May be I am way off...just had to jump in somewhere and thought this may be good. Of course we all get it, but this may be what they are using.

:balloons::Welcome-12-june::balloons:

Good first post. Bolded is what I heard also. My BFF says she thinks CA said, "Why didn't sha (meaning--->you) pick up the car". First time I heard that, I figured that when Amy was possed to bring gas that KC wanted Amy's fanger-prints on the car. Wonder if she had ask Amy to move the car for her---she already told Amy the smell was from a dead squirrel. I have always thought Amy was fixin to take the rap.

See, I have always thought that the "cover up" and the "script" started way before e-body thinks. I think she went into hiding because she knew one of the family members knew what she had done and they told her they would help her, but she had to do what they wanted her to do. Just lay low until "they/he/she could get the ball rolling". then they couldn't find her.

With KC it is hard to tell whether she actually intended to retrieve the car or not. Maybe she went through the charade and really intended to go back to get it after Tone returned- giving her the opportunity to drive his (better smelling) car while he was gone. Or maybe she didn't intend to go back for it, but later found it a major inconvenience not to have a car- so decided to go back for it. Or maybe she didn't intend to go back for it, but needed an excuse for not having it- without looking guilty herself. Thus talking Amy into buying the gas cans and going after the car- then she could look so surprised and scared about her "stolen" car. But time got away from her and she didn't get it done before CA found out it was towed and found her.

I don't think Casey ever plans anything enough to back herself into having only one option. It's part of her psych profile to be playing many angles at one time. She always puts several "plans" into motion at once and then sits back and waits to see which one ends up being the one that pans out. Then she goes with that one.

In regards to the car one angle she had going was she was hoping it might get stolen. If it didn't well then at least she had the smell covered up for a few days by parking it near the dumpster. Another angle - she tried to lure Jessie into helping her out with the car (in order to get him to leave evidence) and that angle didn't work. Another angle - ditch the car just long enough so as not to have Tony ride in it and expose him to the horrible smell. Another angle - hope that the car gets towed. Casey may not have known that the tow yard would contact the owner of the car. She may have thought that if the car was towed then it would essentialy just "go away". Another angle - possibly she hoped her parents might find the car and think she and Caylee had been abducted. Another angle - in typical Casey style - just dump it and deal with it later if none of the other plans work out.

The smartest thing LP ever said was that Casey lives her life ten minutes at a time. And thank goodness she does or she would have been smarter about concealing her crime.

Welcome long time lurker. I was a very long lurker before I felt I could contribute. Now no one can shut me up. lol :)

Interesting thought AmyMB - you should post more.

Me 2. Hard to shut up once you walk thru that door.:Banane12:

But if I remember right, there is no indication that KC or Amy ever put gas in that can or actually went to retrieve the car. And no statement from anyone that the car was gone when they went to pick it up. If KC or her friends knew that the car was gone, wouldn't someone have said so and/or called and reported it stolen?

Was there any part of Amy's interview with-held? Or maybe it is her interview and we missed it.

I think it was towed on July 30. It was left there on June 27 according to Casey's text message to Amy concerning running out of gas.

The person who called the towing company said she could not tell if the car smelled because it was parked next to a dumpster.

I'm sure it was hot [it was July in Florida]. What a perfect place to leave a smelly car. Next to a dumpster on a hot Florida day.

The car left on June 27 and towed July 30, a full month later? Are you sure?
just checking on those dates.

But how about the audio of the interview with TonE, when officers are driving him around to pinpoint the spot where he went to pick up KC on one occasion when she ran out of gas? Can't remember the date off hand. LE kept asking him if he smelled anything, how close he got to the trunk, etc. This was after Caylee was killed, and it seems he could have smelled the trunk then, but didn't. He didn't imply that KC was trying to keep him away from the trunk either.

The lady who called the towing company told police that because the car was parked next to the dumpster it would be hard to tell if there was any ordor coming from the car.

Thank you for the info. Still the car was dumped. She never went to retrieve it. She never called George to let him know the car was having "mechanical problems"

And why didn't she get the car detailed? IMO she had plenty of money available when she got a hold of Amy's checks.
No way in the world if I was guilty of murdering someone would I take the car with the decomposition smell to get it detailed. That's a smell that is "distinct" and the person who would be detailing the car could possibly become suspicious and notify the police.

(KC tried to say it was the smell of an animal, but human decomposition is "distinctly different" from that of an animal).

She wanted to get rid of the car because of the smell, and I'm thinking that she also changed clothes somewhere too before getting into TL's car. Otherwise, she too would have been "reeking." (Probably was the clothes that CA found and washed). Seems she left everything - that smell will also permeate everything.

And again, she had money on July 7th. That's when she wrote the bad check at Target. She had access to over 700 dollars. More than enough money to get the car from the tow yard and pay any fines.

IMO she did not want that car back.

Do you mean June 27th instead of July 27th. I'm also confused about the gas cans She had some gas cans and George wanted them back. And she would not let him into the trunk of the car to get them. Is this the incident you are referring to?

ETA: Like our newest poster said, when her mom asked her why she didn't go back for the car, Casey said, "I don't know mom."

That is very telling IMO.
I agree, she didn't want the car. I wonder if she thought that someone had actually stolen the car after it was towed. She had to consider the possibility that Amscot would have it towed, and we have not heard anything about her calling Amscot or the tow lot to see if her car was there. There was no good reason for Casey to leave that car that long and not once inquire about it, she knew she couldn't keep the car with that smell.

I've often wondered why she didn't take it somewhere and set it afire to destroy the decomp and other evidence. If I were a murderer, I would want to destroy any and everything that could tie me to the crime. But KC wan't big on long range planning obviously.

(1)Because police would probably have been alerted due the the car fire.The search for Caylee would have started at that time,which KC did not want,and, (2)you need a can of gas to douse the car to burn it, and we know she never had any gas :)

I wonder if Casey left any paperwork in the car, glove compartment, such as registration, proof of insurance ? I don't remember hearing anything about this. If she took the papers such as the registration that would be, IMO, just further proof that she was trying to ditch the car permanently and erase her ties to it...of course there is always the VIN, but Casey doesn't seem to plan these things out well.

No way in the world if I was guilty of murdering someone would I take the car with the decomposition smell to get it detailed. That's a smell that is "distinct" and the person who would be detailing the car could possibly become suspicious and notify the police.

(KC tried to say it was the smell of an animal, but human decomposition is "distinctly different" from that of an animal).

She wanted to get rid of the car because of the smell, and I'm thinking that she also changed clothes somewhere too before getting into TL's car. Otherwise, she too would have been "reeking." (Probably was the clothes that CA found and washed). Seems she left everything - that smell will also permeate everything.

Exactly!

The lady who called the towing company told police that because the car was parked next to the dumpster it would be hard to tell if there was any ordor coming from the car.

This is a different incident. I'm talking about the FIRST time KC has TonE pick her up because her car is out of gas. He picked her up somewhere on the road, not far from her house. It may have been on June 20. The only explanation is that perhaps the decomp in the car didn't stink yet.. it was too soon after Caylee's death.

IIR KC took a while to convince Amy to buy a gas can, so she was trying before it was towed. Also speculation that KC returned to Anthony home possibly to steal gas again on 29th? I think it took KC a while to organise getting gas from 27th to 30th.
I thought that when AL picked KC up at Amscot, she told him that her dad would pick the car up. Am I wrong? I just assumed that she didn't want anyone around the car.

How unfortunate that the towtruck guy had a cold or someone from Amscott didn't get close enough to smell the car! I just wish LE had been called to Amscott instead of Hopesprings Dr.! Just think of all the evidence the prosecution would have now!!:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chefk