The Pontiac - "Revisted" #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most damning of all ... leaving Mama, Caylee's beloved baby doll in the car ... tells me Caylee was already dead when the car was abandoned at Amscot.

I can't imagine how KC rode around with Mama in the carseat! My God, there is no depth to her evil!:devil:

...and JWG responded to other questions earlier that are coming up again - although the original questions won't carry w/ the quote...so I'll recreate'em.
What about the Amscot surveilance tapes?

Also reading the NG'ism that Casey drove "round & round" on 6/27AM before abandoning the car. That characterization of what happened is flatly....wrong. Casey's pings indicate she made a trip from Tony's apt. to G&C's and ran out on her way back to Tony's...no detours. No driving around. See the detailed mileage calculated in the post above that explains that she actually ran outta gas.

Also, FWIW. As HP referenced earlier, on the E-Pass thread, and also summarized on the 6/29 Ping thread, if you are interested, you can read the details that support that "the chase" George described to LE actually happened the morning of Sunday, 6/29...just before Casey's first text to Amy that day inquiring about her gas cans. Speculation that Casey was driving Tony's Jeep that morning and making an effort to get gas cans from G&C's again. Driving up to the house George spotted Casey before she could get the gas cans and the chase began. So, Casey went to Plan B=Amy.

IMHO, the available information supports:
  • Casey ran outta gas @ Amscot, she didn't abandon the car
  • Casey's texts to Amy in advance prepared Amy for the smell by giving excuses about an animal having been stuck under it
  • Casey didn't want Tony to investigate the smell, hence, she gave him a story that the car needed repair & George was taking care of it
  • Casey made attempts to secure gas and recover the car, clearly on 6/30, and very possibly on 6/29
  • Casey was lax about getting the gas can w/ Amy Monday and as a result, by the time she made it around to Amscot the car had been towed
  • At precisely the time Casey rounded the corner by Amscot, 4:53PM, and discovered the Pontiac was gone she called Stephanie, believed to be an Amscot employee, and left a vmail or spoke w/ Stephanie for 48seconds.

Other miscellaneous Q's I saw along the way on the thread today:
  • Casey took Tony to the airport in his Jeep the morning of Monday, 6/30.
  • Casey showered @ Jesse's 7/1, between 11AM-1PM

Hope that helps.
Thank you so much for all of the help ! So now we know that Casey did not drive aimlessly around Amscot, but instead really did run out of gas going from C & G's to Tony's house. My only question w/ that, and there may not be an answer, is I wonder why she didn't call the tow lot. She called Stephanie, an Amscot employee, after seeing that her car was not in the parking lot. I would assume that Stephanie might have been able to tell Casey where they tow cars, or at least given her a number to find out. Was Casey scared to call about her car because of the smell or did she think they would have notified C & G and told them about the car ? Maybe she did call and we have not heard that bit of info yet.

So the incident where George is chasing Casey is on June 29th and Casey was in Tony's jeep, not Cindy's car ? Interesting that in the depo George says the event happened in months prior, a slight change in his story. This should be interesting come trial time because I imagine the state will have this info and question them...it will be hard for them to say that they were not concerned before July 15th, when George is in a high speed chase with his daughter on June 29th.

Why would she choose the Amscott parking lot on a busy corner that her Mother drove by everyday to work? The Mother she was avoiding like the plague??

I think she would have chosen a more discreet location to abandon the car in hopes to have it stolen or to leave until TonE got back.

Nope, running out of gas right at that busy intersection was just plain dumb luck and poor planning (like properly paying attention to the gas guage!).

Why she didn't attempt to run over to the gas station for help is beyond me. Then again, she lives in 10 min intervals and maybe was in a hurry to get that chicken in the oven. :wink:

Oh, and FWIW, I think the black bag left in the car was actually Cyndi's (per LA during the taped meeting with TonE).

Couple of questions about the car:

1) Do we know for certain that only Casey was driving/using it around the time it was abandoned?

2) Did the tow company notice/and or note the strong stench from the car when they towed it?

3) Do we know for certain that it was out of gas?

Thanks!

1) We have no evidence, nor report from KC that anyone had access to the car.

2) The tow truck driver said he couldn't tell-- he had a bad cold. The manager noticed the stench, howver.

3) I think GA said he tried to start is, and had to put gas in it.

Thank you so much for all of the help ! So now we know that Casey did not drive aimlessly around Amscot, but instead really did run out of gas going from C & G's to Tony's house. My only question w/ that, and there may not be an answer, is I wonder why she didn't call the tow lot. She called Stephanie, an Amscot employee, after seeing that her car was not in the parking lot. I would assume that Stephanie might have been able to tell Casey where they tow cars, or at least given her a number to find out. Was Casey scared to call about her car because of the smell or did she think they would have notified C & G and told them about the car ? Maybe she did call and we have not heard that bit of info yet.

So the incident where George is chasing Casey is on June 29th and Casey was in Tony's jeep, not Cindy's car ? Interesting that in the depo George says the event happened in months prior, a slight change in his story. This should be interesting come trial time because I imagine the state will have this info and question them...it will be hard for them to say that they were not concerned before July 15th, when George is in a high speed chase with his daughter on June 29th.

I don't think she attempted to call the tow lot because she didn't have the proper documents to have the car relased to her. She wasn't technically the owner. Cyndi's name was on the title so I'm guessing she had to get the car out and I'm fairly certain KC wasn't about to call and ask for that favor.

I don't think George noticed it at the tow yard, either, until he opened the driver door and it hit him right in the face.

snipped

Right, but the trunk was open on the 23rd when AL picked her up on the side of the road. In any event, KC noticed the smell on the 24th, when she texted Amy about the smell.

Yes. IIHO:

1) KC was scared to tell her folks about the car because of the smell.

2) She also thought they would call C&G.

3) But, she did not call a tow truck. LE did not find any attempt to get the car anyplace productive.

She likely didn't plan to dispose of the car, at that point. But, hey! It's at the tow yard.

Out of sight, out of mind! That's our KC! Maybe it will just disappear, in there! PARTY TIME!

snipped

Right, but the trunk was open on the 23rd when AL picked her up on the side of the road. In any event, KC noticed the smell on the 24th, when she texted Amy about the smell.

AL said that when he picked her up, she was standing a bit away from the car, with her stolen groceries.

Yeah, the ping maps did not show that car chase happening when GA said it did.

FYI Jewish people get buried 24 hours later unless it is on the Sabbath (Saturday) then they are refrigerated and buried on a Sunday. NOT 3 days.
Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure. When I was in high school I had a lot of Jewish friends and would attend their ceremonies. But, I didn't fully understand all of the traditions.

AL said that when he picked her up, she was standing a bit away from the car, with her stolen groceries.

No, I'm talking about the instance when AL picked her up on the side of the road, and actually helped her put gas in her car. The link is in one of my posts above.

According to my notes, this incident took place on June 23. The Amscot out-of-gas incident took place on the 26th.

No, I'm talking about the instance when AL picked her up on the side of the road, and actually helped her put gas in her car. The link is in one of my posts above.

I see. Thanks!

I can't answer THAT one, because I'm a little confused from the flu, this morning (No, not THAT flu!) ;-)

brownflower said:
Casey is not that dumb. She didn't let the LE trick her into confessing to a crime that she did not commit.

That is not about how smart she is. I am sure that GA told her if you did not do anything do not allow them to trick you into any confessions, Or you will never get out.
But Casey smart :nono: :nono: :nono: I think she is a :cheesehead2:

Ha! Ha! That was one of my tongue in cheek jokes. :)

In Germany (I am from there) we do not embalm we do keep a body for 3 days for viewing and then it has to be buried. If it runs into the weekend then it has to be buried prior to those 3 days or be refrigerated. No buriel on Sunday. At least that's how it was when I was there. Now I have been gone for a while things might be different today.

Thank you so much for all of the help ! So now we know that Casey did not drive aimlessly around Amscot, but instead really did run out of gas going from C & G's to Tony's house.
The pings do prove that Casey circled around Amscot several times before leaving the car there.

In Germany (I am from there) we do not embalm we do keep a body for 3 days for viewing and then it has to be buried. If it runs into the weekend then it has to be buried prior to those 3 days or be refrigerated. No buriel on Sunday. At least that's how it was when I was there. Now I have been gone for a while things might be different today.
Thank you for this post. How did they keep the body from smelling for 3 days? Would they refrigerate it at night?

Perhaps the car didn't smell so bad when Tony picked Casey up because she had all those air freshener sheets in the car. She had 5 in the trunk and at least one in the middle of the back seat.

The air freshener sheets probably worked at first but, over time were ineffective in masking the odor because it was growing stronger and stronger. Even though Caylee's body was no longer in the car, her bodily fluids were. :(

JMO

Sorry for so many posts in a row! I have to go now. Will check back later this evening.

Thanks for all the great posts everyone!

Thank you for this post. How did they keep the body from smelling for 3 days? Would they refrigerate it at night?

Perhaps the car didn't smell so bad when Tony picked Casey up because she had all those air freshener sheets in the car. She had 5 in the trunk and at least one in the middle of the back seat.

The air freshener sheets probably worked at first but, over time were ineffective in masking the odor because it was growing stronger and stronger. Even though Caylee's body was no longer in the car, her bodily fluids were. :(

JMO

Sorry for so many posts in a row! I have to go now. Will check back later this evening.

Thanks for all the great posts everyone!
I would like to know if Tony ever noticed a bad smell on Casey's clothes...?

Glad to help. I can only guess why she didn't follow-up on the Pontiac.
  • She had no money
  • She was concerned 'bout being tagged w/ the car in her control w/ the decomp smell (as you indicated)
  • She was kinda glad to be rid of it (e.g. outta sight = outta mind)
  • It gave her an excuse to borrow Tony's Jeep

Had Casey thought to distance herself from the car somehow ~6/19 or 6/20 and called 911 reporting a carjacking w/ Caylee in the seat...after the body had been disposed, yet, before the smell had become immediately noticeable...she' would have had a shot @ getting away with it, IMHO.

After the decomp smell began ramping up...the car was a difficult liability. Casey seemed to consistently approach challenges w/ a defer & delay strategy.

Well...some independent information gives us a reasonable case to make for the chase happening 6/29, IMHO. This one is easy for LE to resolve, IMHO. "So...happened months ago, eh? OK...lets just get THOSE EPass records. I'm sure that'll take care of it...won't it?"

Glad to help. I can only guess why she didn't follow-up on the Pontiac.

Well...some independent information gives us a reasonable case to make for the chase happening 6/29, IMHO. This one is easy for LE to resolve, IMHO. "So...happened months ago, eh? OK...lets just get THOSE EPass records. I'm sure that'll take care of it...won't it?"

snipped for space by me.......

I have been wondering about this supposed car chase since it came out in GA's interview with LE. Now, with the new information I have to wonder, if CA was in TL's jeep when GA gave chase, how would the E-Pass records verify it was this particular chase and not just GA driving in his normal course of activities? I can understand if CA's car was also involved, then both records could be verified as to the time they BOTH went through the toll booth at approximately the same time on the same date, but did TL have an E-Pass account? If not, how could this chase scene actually be verified to have occurred on the 29th (or any date following the disappearance)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kdillon