the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #84

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth says jurors 5 and 13 have submitted questions this morning during Juan's questioning.

I bet some of the juror's are annoyed that more questions are being submitted. How much more do they need?? Kind of reminds of that person in a meeting (and there is always at least one!) that won't stop asking questions when all you want to do is get the heck out of there.

Yes but remember the fog didn't roll in until after she shot him, so speculating doesn't make sense she would know if she had the knife and the gun.

Jenkasaurus on HLN just said JA stated she did not have the knife when she shot TA

I don't know if this was posed but Mr. Martinez needs to emphasize that in those 62 seconds, Travis also stood at the sink coughing and dripping blood. So his back would have been to Jodi. This was likely when she stabbed him in the back. Then he turned, she stabbed him in the chest and he collapsed in the hall and she finished him off.

It adds a few seconds and helps.

Another question, does anyone have a link to or record of the call log between Jodi and Travis. I remember about 2 minutes of calls while she was still around the Salinas area. Is there any records of calls or texts after that point?

BTW Hello everyone, I am a longtime lurker who appreciates the amazing posts and analyses on these boards. I won't be posting much as I have to do my catching up after work but thank you!

He especially needs to emphasize that Travis was dead or close to it by the time of the dragging photo. This will lock Jodi down to 62 seconds. It's easy to do because all he needs to point out is Travis's limp, cadaver foot. That's not the foot position of a man with life in him.

I don't know if this was posed but Mr. Martinez needs to emphasize that in those 62 seconds, Travis also stood at the sink coughing and dripping blood. So his back would have been to Jodi. This was likely when she stabbed him in the back. Then he turned, she stabbed him in the chest and he collapsed in the hall and she finished him off.

It adds a few seconds and helps.

Another question, does anyone have a link to or record of the call log between Jodi and Travis. I remember about 2 minutes of calls while she was still around the Salinas area. Is there any records of calls or texts after that point?

BTW Hello everyone, I am a longtime lurker who appreciates the amazing posts and analyses on these boards. I won't be posting much as I have to do my catching up after work but thank you!

:seeya: Hello and Welcome !

:wagon::wagon:

He's pinning her down to a definitive answer when she wants to be evasive only to come back later with her attorney to change it in her favor to whatever JM reveals. JM knows what he is doing. He's nailing her down to an answer she can't change. JM knew the minute he brought up the "where was the knife" that defense would have her come back with she believed Travis had it. JM was able to nail that down to no, Travis did not have a knife when he came at her. He's painting a picture for the jury that she did not have time to do everything she claimed to have done, such as run into the closet to get the gun. There were 62 seconds almost thirty stab wounds, a gun shot wound and his neck was slashed. That, in itself takes time so it appears as if running into the closet is a lie. If JM does not cover all the bases and fill in all that time for the jury, Jodi will with lies. jmo

Right. I think so too. He has to cover every possible scenario to remove any reasonable doubt as to the nature of the killing.

I have to agree with you and all of the others who have expressed this sentiment. It won't be grounds for appeal, but it's got to be exasperating for the jurors. Here's how it goes in courts where you have a good judge: all motions are done early in the morning (at 7 am if necessary) or after court. A good judge makes consistent rulings on the questions. A good judge does not allow all of these sidebars, because he/she is paying attention and can rule on the objection based on prior testimony. Good Lord this is reedonkulous!

i haven't seen her refuse one request for a sidebar, and it's almost always nurmi that's asking for them. why is this happening? it gives him time to stall, slow things down and break JM's momentum. i've never seen this happen, day in, day out, and i've seen a lot of trials.

and some of the objections nurmi makes!! JM asked jodi what she thought about something the other day and nurmi said 'calls for speculation.' NO IT DOES NOT! and the judge sustained it.

the longer this drags out, the more likely a juror will see something or some kind of misconduct---even unintentional---can occur.

say what you will about texas. we DO know how to conduct a murder trial down here and they don't take this long. the jurors work all day during the week. a death penalty trial would never be handled this way down here.

They'll keep asking her questions until they get the logical answers they want. They really want to acquit her. :(

I don't see it that way. They are asking pretty much the same questions as the prosecutor. I think that want to clarify as much as they can because this is a death penalty case and they don't want to screw it up. I don't think they want to acquit her based on the questions they are asking.

They'll keep asking her questions until they get the logical answers they want. They really want to acquit her. :(

I disagree. I think they want her to admit to what she has done. I think they want to find and point out discrepancies to her so she will admit she has lied again.

Jodi Arias is finally "Lost".....like a shipwreck in the middle of the ocean at the onset of the "Perfect Storm". Really tripped up by our man Juan! Yea!!

shes going down harder than titanic

tumblr_m7qkt8OHQG1rbbdgbo1_500.gif

This vile woman is making a mockery of our justice system. She is just playing with everyone. She knows she's staying in prison or getting death and is just toying with Juan and the court, and laughing about it. She knows her attitude seals her fate further, but this is her swan song, she loves this so much, she's going to ride this train for as long as they will allow it.

The judge needs to do something to stop her from this game she's playing. Jodi has studied the law, the system, processes, etc., and she is now like a guest who just.won't.leave.

I have no doubt she laughs at night with her pals in jail. "Hahaha, look what I'm doing and they're so stupid they're letting me do it!"

I hated this when JM was doing the cross and she was so snarky. But think of this. Juan has proven his case and now she is being snarky yet again. Don't fear. The jury hates her. The only one who is clueless to this fact is Jodi Ann Arias.

that TH defense atty on HLN, Dwayne Cates, annoys the every livin' snot outta me :furious:

No they don't. Many of their questions have already been asked in a different form. They're giving her a chance to answer them, and to address the jurors directly. They really don't like what they've been hearing so far.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
She is getting flustered. She is smart enough to know that even her calculated story isn't plausible and won't hold up with this jury.

They will get to a point of knowing that it is ovious that they are not getting the truth! Or are they asking questions to let her know that they don't buy her version. And are mocking her
I highly think the jury by now is severely annoyed with both nurmi and her! :furious:

I think like y'all that she knows how she's coming across but she doesn't care. She knows her goose is cooked.
I think nurmi annoys me more than her sometimes.

The only good thing about this "technical difficulty break" is that I had time to run some important errands.

And by that I mean I went to Target and bought Starbucks and chocolate :floorlaugh:

2013-03-1315_44_01_zps93f8c688.jpg

I bet some of the juror's are annoyed that more questions are being submitted. How much more do they need?? Kind of reminds of that person in a meeting (and there is always at least one!) that won't stop asking questions when all you want to do is get the heck out of there.

I'm hoping they understand that the questions are futile. She is a liar, the likes of which no one has ever seen. There's no point in asking anything because it's all going to be nonsense/made up answers. My problem isn't with the questions per se, but that someone may be naive enough to expect any truth from her.

I did see her fem lawyer shaking her head no also.

I just hope TA's family is jumping for joy inside.. Finally feeling like JM is taking JA and her lies down.

Without any further delays, court should resume in about 30 minutes.

It's almost 3pm Central time, and for the sake of Jodi getting her Sloppy Joe sammich on time tonight, we should be ending about 6:30pm Central time. I predict lots of husbands bringing home Taco Bell tonight! :what: :great: Ladies, call your hubbys and place your dinner orders!

IMHO, they'll keep asking questions, until JA pounds the last nail into her own coffin. I don't believe for one second they want to acquit her.

ETA: The majority of the 220 questions they've asked her so far sound a little, um, confrontational. That doesn't seem to me to signal people who want to acquit her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kroberts47421