the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #84

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One time announcement: Katiecoolady has the honor of being with Janine Driver today. She has sent me one pic so far and I expect more. All pics will be posted in this thread: KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
(Title of thread: KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread)

So, for those interested - check back there for any new photos.

Here is the lunch photo from today: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

This trial should run 6 days a week. No more 3-day mini-vacay. Jodi doesn't deserve it, lawyers probably don't need it and the jurors probably don't want it.

Why isn't this more speedy? As it is, it's only 6 hours a day. At 4 days a week. This 5 year case is given less than a 100 hours of testimony a month. This will never end!!!

When people are ordered to perform community service, you think they get to take this much time to serve out their obligation?

Jodi doesn't deserve this much time especially seeing she changed her story during her incarceration. There should be a price one pays for that.

this trial may as well be a weekly, one hour show. that's kind of how it feels to me anyway.

To embed a video (this is how I do it, there is probably an easier way but I typically do things the harder way, so ... there's that!):

"Go Advanced" when posting

Click "Insert Link" button (it's the Globe with the link, I think?), Under the Smilies Icon.

Then paste the URL of your link /video

Add anything else to your post and Submit Reply.

Does this make sense?

I'm going to have to drink some wine to slow my heart beat down. It's been trying to beat right out of my chest since JM started today. Having Nurmi interrupt constantly is like waiting in a traffic jam and moving an inch every five minutes.

And then when the Judge gives in to Nurmi's constant objections and/or asks to approach, it's as grating as when someone behind you in traffic honks at you because you didn't roll right up on the bumper of the car in front of you.

Thank You for the warm welcome. : ) I still have to figure out how to add/do the cute smileys.

Below the message box you type in is the option to GO ADVANCED if you are just typing a message. If you are responding with a quote, you will automatically be in advanced.

Click on the Go Advanced link, and then the smilies are to the right of the message box. Click on More and a whole page of them pops up. Click on whichever one you want, go back to your message, and voila. . .smilies!!!

IMO she had the gun and knife duct taped under the bathroom sink.

Judge Perry was all bark no bite. This Judge isn't even barking. :(

I expect to see Juan make mincemeat of Jodi when she returns to the stand.

How about an option for 2nd degree murder?

That was rejected by the prosecution.

She admitted she was there, she admitted she killed him, it was NOT self-defense. I don't think we have any worries.

I have to agree with you and all of the others who have expressed this sentiment. It won't be grounds for appeal, but it's got to be exasperating for the jurors. Here's how it goes in courts where you have a good judge: all motions are done early in the morning (at 7 am if necessary) or after court. A good judge makes consistent rulings on the questions. A good judge does not allow all of these sidebars, because he/she is paying attention and can rule on the objection based on prior testimony. Good Lord this is reedonkulous!

A thousand times YES to all of this...and I don't understand the need for sidebars probably 90% of the time.

Nurmi: Objection to relevance
Judge: Approach....

Nurmi: Objection, asked and answered
Judge: Approach....

what time does court resume? Between HLN "pressing pause" to "pay their bills" every 3 seconds and the new Pope, I've barely seen any trial and don't have much of a clue what's going on? Were there any bombshells?

Oh, and because it's my favorite Jodi-ism, "smile and say cheese" Jodi :)

I think that's exactly what she said to Travis just before she thrust the knife into his chest. Poor soul ... he didn't stand a chance against this sick biotch!!

Well it's almost time for another "45 minutes" of testimony .... geesh!!!

Juries are happy to condemn an evil man to death who killed his wife and baby for no other reason than convenience.

They are not so happy to condemn a scorned woman to death, especially a young, pretty blonde like JA who was actually treated quite badly by her victim.

The state should never have pursued the DP in this case, it was a stupid move. The risk of acquital is the other side of the DP coin. Juries don't actually want to kill anyone.

Yet another reason why the DP should be illegal. It's just too arbitrary.

bbm:

1- there is a thread in the parking lot to discuss the death penalty. (if you think it should be illegal or not..)

2- we don't know that she was treated badly by Travis. That is what she is saying but she is a proven liar (in her 48 hours interviews it was anything BUT bad treatment and also her journals)

3- this jury is DP qualified so yes, they know what is at stake here and they are able and willing to vote on death

4- my opinion is that the DP was not a stupid move. This case rises to that level :twocents:

Will there ever be a point that the jury cannot ask her any more questions? I feel like we are caught in and endless loop here that is going to keep her on the stand forever.

To embed a video (this is how I do it, there is probably an easier way but I typically do things the harder way, so ... there's that!):

"Go Advanced" when posting

Click "Insert Link" button (it's the Globe with the link, I think?), Under the Smilies Icon.

Then paste the URL of your link /video

Add anything else to your post and Submit Reply.

Does this make sense?

When I do this it just posts the link and not the video itself. At least when I "preview" it that is what it does.

Starting to think the judge's rulings of overruled and sustain are chosen by eenie meenie minie mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenduhhhhh