the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #85

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me why a juror is still asking about Arias and Matt? And whether Arias took photos of the bruises on her neck?How is that relevant to the murder?

I kind of wonder about Matt, too. JM talked about him quite a bit last Thursday. That Matt would never betray JA. That he would lie for her. To me , it sounded like JM had information that Matt was more involved than anyone knew. But IDK. I don't think I would ask JA anything. How can any one of the jurors think they will get an honest answer.

I dozed off too.,, had to catch up with dvr!

Best part... Jodi weighs less than 40 pounds and is 7 feet tall.... According to her;)

She's also faster than a speeding bullet and Travis had the knife... After the line backer tackle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:laughcry:

I just got to that part while listening and there's no exact quote matching that, but that's definitely what she's trying to say.

:laughcry:

What were you going to do with the gun? Throw it at him?! :laughcry:

I definitely think she changed out of the clothes, but if we work on the theory that she removed the socks and put them in the washing machine with the bleach along with perhaps the t shirt then what about the pants?

She definitely wouldn't have taken them with her and risked ryan burns seeing anything.

Did anyone ask Ryan what JA was wearing when she got to his house?

Can someone please tell me why a juror is still asking about Arias and Matt? And whether Arias took photos of the bruises on her neck?How is that relevant to the murder?

I know - seems crazy. I hope they don't really think Travis did anything to her. Hopefully, they are just trying to catch her in more lies.

I hate to say it- but that makes me think this particular juror may be buying some of JA"s kool-aide. :banghead:

Nah. It can appear that way but I feel a lot better after reading Katiecoolady's posts. Plus it's a death penalty case so the jurors want to ask JA anything and everything, little things and the big stuff just because they can. I was so surprised when the Scott Peterson jurors were interviewed post-trial? And they mentioned that till the end they wanted to hear from the defense. They wanted more answers.

This jury will get it right. We're almost the end so we'll find out soon enough.
:please:

I'm a little surprised that JA didn't jump off the stand and go after Juan. I am however, EXTREMELY surprised that Juan didn't jump over the stand and go after Jodi. :giggle:

I watched a little when I got home from work yesterday.
I saw alot of seething hate in her eyes when Juan was questioning her but she most times seems to recover quickly when she answers him.

I'm a little surprised that JA didn't jump off the stand and go after Juan. I am however, EXTREMELY surprised that Juan didn't jump over the stand and go after Jodi. :giggle:

There are so many times I think something like that is going to happen. Mostly JA. It seems like Juan is trying to get a moment like this. I keep expecting JA to draw out fangs and claws, yell some expletive, and fly out at Juan. lol

ETA - and then Juan just swats her down. Ha!

In my experience I quite literally had my abuser threatening my life almost daily, he pulled a gun on me twice, a knife a handful of times, set fire to our house, and rammed my car with his own...

I never actually fully comprehended how dangerous he is until months after I'd left. Because that IS the way abuse works. You can fear your partner, and even say 'If I ever turn up dead', and still not totally 'get' that they mean it. I knew he *could* hurt me - but my very human emotions made me believe he also loved me therefore wouldn't. Discounting and dismissing violence and abusive behaviors is part of the pattern itself...for many, many victims and survivors. It took several months of being away from daily abuse to gain clarity.

I now have no doubt he wouldn't hesitate to kill me if given the chance. An ocean, 4000 miles, several years, a new marriage and he still abuses by proxy every chance he gets - from prison. I don't need to mention he's a psychopath and that I chose to end the relationship, do I? :giggle: Idealize, devalue, and discard is the psychopath's relationship mantra. When anything outside of that occurs, ime, they become fixated on the one who has the audacity to leave them instead. Again, ime, the only thing that will curb that fixation is incarceration, death, or finding a new victim.

JMO and FWIW

A bit late to the party, but was only able to watch yesterday's proceedings on youtube late last night.

Needless to say, I went to bed feeling utterly dumbfounded and rather disturbed at how cold, detached and at times downright flippant Jodi is in responding to Martinez.

Perhaps I am simply oversensitive, but if I had brutally killed someone I love, not to mention having previously suffered alleged domestic abuse by their hand, I believe I would be rather cowed on the witness stand. Or diffident. Or demure. Or solemn. Or sober. I most certainly would not be trivializing the death of my former partner and the alleged abuse I suffered by making a sideshow of my testimony. It's sickening.

She seems to save all of her 'contrition' and 'sorrow' for when her own attorneys are questioning her. She does herself no favours, in my estimation, by changing her attitude so radically once Martinez speaks to her. To me, if I'm on the jury, that only speaks to her fraudulence.

It is difficult at times not to imagine Jodi seeing this whole trial as a game or a spectacle in which she is the star player. She is far more concerned with sparring with the prosecution than with relaying the truth about someone's brutal death and her own apparent suffering of abuse.

Ugh.

Thanks for allowing me a space to rant!

In my experience I quite literally had my abuser threatening my life almost daily, he pulled a gun on me twice, a knife a handful of times, set fire to our house, and rammed my car with his own...

I never actually fully comprehended how dangerous he is until months after I'd left. Because that IS the way abuse works. You can fear your partner, and even say 'If I ever turn up dead', and still not totally 'get' that they mean it. I knew he *could* hurt me - but my very human emotions made me believe he also loved me therefore wouldn't. It took several months of being away from daily abuse to gain clarity.

I now have no doubt he wouldn't hesitate to kill me if given the chance. An ocean, 4000 miles, several years, a new marriage and he still abuses by proxy every chance he gets - from prison. I don't need to mention he's a psychopath and that I chose to end the relationship, do I? :giggle: Idealize, devalue, and discard is the psychopath's relationship mantra. When anything outside of that occurs, ime, they become fixated on the one who has the audacity to leave them instead. Again, ime, the only thing that will curb that fixation is incarceration, death, or finding a new victim.

JMO and FWIW

That makes total sense. I just think that, in our minds, there is no way someone who "loves" us could do such bad things. We've seen the good side of them and can't comprehend the evil underneath. I think we also don't want to admit that we could have real feelings for someone so vicious.

I am so glad you were able to get away from him. And I am sorry he still tries to cause trouble for you. You are an inspiring person and I so appreciate you sharing your life with us!!

A bit late to the party, but was only able to watch yesterday's proceedings on youtube late last night.

Needless to say, I went to bed feeling utterly dumbfounded and rather disturbed at how cold, detached and at times downright flippant Jodi is in responding to Martinez.

Perhaps I am simply oversensitive, but if I had brutally killed someone I love, not to mention having previously suffered alleged domestic abuse by their hand, I believe I would be rather cowed on the witness stand. Or diffident. Or demure. Or solemn. Or sober. I most certainly would not be trivializing the death of my former partner and the alleged abuse I suffered by making a sideshow of my testimony. It's sickening.

She seems to save all of her 'contrition' and 'sorrow' for when her own attorneys are questioning her. She does herself no favours, in my estimation, by changing her attitude so radically once Martinez speaks to her. To me, if I'm on the jury, that only speaks to her fraudulence.

It is difficult at times not to imagine Jodi seeing this whole trial as a game or a spectacle in which she is the star player. She is far more concerned with sparring with the prosecution than with relaying the truth about someone's brutal death and her own apparent suffering of abuse.

Ugh.

Great post! I feel the same way.

Ugh.

I just got to the part where Nurmi is questioning her after the final two jury questions about being a Mormon. I burst out laughing when she said killing Travis would also be against Mormon teachings. :laughcry:

Really! I just learned something about Mormonism I never knew. <sarc>

Im not sure who he told but I am also not convinced he made a mistake. This is a hotly debated topic about whether she shot the gun first which I think she did and agree with Flores when he first said that.

On Dr. Drew tonight, there was a great guest who also believes the shot was first and he did a tremendous job of explaining why based solely on the autopsy report. He says the bullet trajectory shows it did not hit his brain so he thinks the shot could have been first in the shower when he was sitting down. Travis could have easily gotten up after the shot because bullet did not touch the brain according to what he said. Just sinus area.

Anyway no need to re-hash the debate on it, but that guest argued the point very well tonight about shot could have been first.

If shot was first, then Jodi had to have gun near the shower area. But she may have hid it in the closet corner during the day before she went to get it and get ready to kill him. It would be that partial truth that she is famous for. Mixing bits of truth and blaming it on travis putting it in corner of closet when she hid it there during day while they had sex.

Or she could have just had the gun and knife in backpack and backpack could have been in shower area with the camera as excuse why she needed backpack in the bathroom.

so many possibilities.

Not really, shower enclosure shot first is the only thing that makes logical sense to me imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive