the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #85

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh .. I don't think the "pamphlet" story is true. I don't know that I would call it an addiction. He was inexperienced,she knew it and she used that to her advantage. I also think there was a little bit of "forbidden fruitcake" appeal for him.

"Fruitcake" is so apropos. I guess it's 'cuz of all the NUTS!!! :great:

Let me just add my :twocents: to the Travis not being a "Man" conversation because he talked to his friends about JA. HELLO?? Have you ever sat in on a woman's conversation about men? What are we then, little girls? Women talk way more &%^*%**$ and sometimes very explicit, to each other. It's called confiding in friends. I guess if a man murders me, it's ok because I told my girlfriends about my relationship/ex-boyfriends/bootie-calls. :sheesh:

Im not sure who he told but I am also not convinced he made a mistake. This is a hotly debated topic about whether she shot the gun first which I think she did and agree with Flores when he first said that.

On Dr. Drew tonight, there was a great guest who also believes the shot was first and he did a tremendous job of explaining why based solely on the autopsy report. He says the bullet trajectory shows it did not hit his brain so he thinks the shot could have been first in the shower when he was sitting down.

The guy said there wasn't much damage, but he's misreading the report. The report is saying the brain is too decomposed to see any injury now, but as Horn said on the stand, the bullet had to go through the brain because of where it entered the skull.

I'm listening to the testimony from yesterday and JM is grilling JA. She says she doesn't know what she did with the clothes. IIRC, she says she put her stuff in the car before she went back up to take pictures of Travis and say goodbye. If that's true then she must have had another change of clothes left behind in the house. If not, she would have risked being seen bloody walking to her car and dripping blood on the driveway.

Am I wrong about this? Does anyone else remember this like I do?

I'm a newbie here, so...sorry if I'm out of line, but for those who believe JM did not score some severely major points today, I have to respectfully disagree. First, cross examination is about keeping the witness unstable and off-guard; the whole point is to not let the witness prepare for her answers. So, if you noticed, JM was moving from topic to topic without any transitions...lack of organization is completely by design to keep JA off-guard. Second, cross (or in this case follow-up) is not about landing the ultimate "Perry Mason" moment. Rather, it is about gathering inconsistencies to be argued in closing argument.

So, today we learned:
1. That Jodi said last week that she thought the gun was in a holster, but today....she suddenly can't remember.
2. The 62 second timeline is impossible.
3. No reasonable person could believe that she climbed on the closet shelves without disturbing anything, or flipping one of the shelves.
4. She saw the gun three times: but, none of those times included seeing Travis "load the gun and take it with him." Today was the first time we heard this claim.
5. She remembers, crystal clear, only the events that support her self-defense claims. 6. The height of the closet will not support her version (IMO demonstrated clearly on closing).
7. She only uses Mormon doctrine when it demonstrates that Travis was a heretic.

There are more points that were made, but I thought today was the best day JM had so far. IMHO, at the end of the day, some of the subtle points of today will bite JA in the behind more than any of the obvious inconsistencies.

Please pardon the pretension of my first post, but I am an avid follower of this trial and have been a consistent lurker here!

Brilliant post. Thanks! JM = unsurpassed awesomeness. :)

I can't sleep. Ok if I ramble a bit? I wonder what we would all be thinking and talking about if JA had just refused to take the stand at all in her trial. Day 30 had to be her worst day of all. It was like she was an actress just playing the part of JA, she showed no emotion and certainly couldn't remember her lines - just made stuff up as she went along. Her story gets bigger and bigger, but I feel I know less and less. I just keep thinking sixty-two seconds. Sixty-two seconds. She brings the stolen gun into the bathroom. She gets him to sit down in the shower, she points the gun at his head, the gun jams. Would she have the knife there as a back up? Why? The plan was to shoot him. So she must be telling the truth about the knife and the rope. So the gun jams and she grabs the knife that's sitting by the sink and plunges it into his heart. He comes out of the shower and stands at the sink, falls and crawls down the hall. She gets on his back and stabs him many many times and slits his throat. Drags him back into the shower, then gives the gun one last try. Sixty-two seconds. I can't get over it.

I'm a little surprised that JA didn't jump off the stand and go after Juan. I am however, EXTREMELY surprised that Juan didn't jump over the stand and go after Jodi. :giggle:

BBM -- Since's she too much of a jerk to confess is it bad that as a 2nd option i hope the tazer goes off, then she cries and stumbles out with a bailiff?!?!?!?

It would have been awesome if her stun belt had been attached to a lie detector machine,and zapped her eveytime she lied. I don't think she would have lasted for 2o minutes on the stand. :Banane10::dance:

She says she was discombobulated. I believe that, because discombobulation is a sweepin the nation!!

BBM

I stole that from Mojo Nixon

It would have been awesome if her stun belt had been attached to a lie detector machine,and zapped her eveytime she lied. I don't think she would have lasted for 2o minutes on the stand. :Banane10::dance:

animated-smileys-brutal-violent-301.gif

All I could think of today is what TA went through those 62 seconds, trying to get away from this w****, I mean JA

Another thing I noticed is that when the camera is on her during side bars she looks worried, really worried. JMO

I'm listening to the testimony from yesterday and JM is grilling JA. She says she doesn't know what she did with the clothes. IIRC, she says she put her stuff in the car before she went back up to take pictures of Travis and say goodbye. If that's true then she must have had another change of clothes left behind in the house. If not, she would have risked being seen bloody walking to her car and dripping blood on the driveway.

I definitely think she changed out of the clothes, but if we work on the theory that she removed the socks and put them in the washing machine with the bleach along with perhaps the t shirt then what about the pants?

She definitely wouldn't have taken them with her and risked ryan burns seeing anything.

That's a good question, since she probably parked down the street.

Yes, I remember it just that way. But she had to of taken a shower over (forgive me) Travis' body to wash the blood off of her and her DNA off of Travis. She may have just put on some of Travis' clothes and then left.

Can someone please tell me why a juror is still asking about Arias and Matt? And whether Arias took photos of the bruises on her neck?How is that relevant to the murder?

Yes, I remember it just that way. But she had to of taken a shower over (forgive me) Travis' body to wash the blood off of her and her DNA off of Travis. She may have just put on some of Travis' clothes and then left.

She would have shown up in SLC with his clothes on unless she changed on the way. That's possible, but I think she had a change of clothes in the house. JMO

Can someone please tell me why a juror is still asking about Arias and Matt? And whether Arias took photos of the bruises on her neck?How is that relevant to the murder?

Matt has been brought up several times by the defense and a little by the prosecution. Some believe that the notes she wrote in the magazines were going to eventually go to Matt. IIRC, Nurmi has said that Matt would never betray her and JM has said that Matt would lie for her.

The bruises on her neck are highly improbable. I think, and it looks like the jury thinks, that she never had a bruised neck. JMO

I hate to say it- but that makes me think this particular juror may be buying some of JA"s kool-aide. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member