the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #85

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, shower enclosure shot first is the only thing that makes logical sense to me imo.

I respectfully disagree. I believe the coroner said there would be no way he could move after being shot. IIRC.

I respectfully disagree. I believe the coroner said there would be no way he could move after being shot. IIRC.

And I have to respectfully disagree with you. :) I know they said he wouldn't be able to move if he was shot first, but they also said it didn't damage that much. I know it goes against some experts, but it's still what I think. I think she shot first.

This is such an important sequence. I am suprised JM didn't refute JA's story with the coroner's report as back up. I wonder if this will be revisited?

This is such an important sequence. I am suprised JM didn't refute JA's story with the coroner's report as back up. I wonder if this will be revisited?

I think he's saving that for the closing arguments.

Does anyone know who's on the witness list for today?

DV expert - Alyce LaViolette
Psychologist specializing in sexual disorders (if memory serves) - Richard Samuels

Both are expected to testify - other than those two, I really don't know who else to expect. Most of the defense CIC witnesses were really incognito prosecution witnesses after all.
spy.gif

DV expert - Alyce LaViolette
Psychologist specializing in sexual disorders (if memory serves) - Richard Samuels

Both are expected to testify - other than those two, I really don't know who else to expect. Most of the defense CIC witnesses were really incognito prosecution witnesses after all.
spy.gif

Not looking forward to this. Alyce LaViolette seems like she'll rub me the wrong way.

A bit late to the party, but was only able to watch yesterday's proceedings on youtube late last night.

Needless to say, I went to bed feeling utterly dumbfounded and rather disturbed at how cold, detached and at times downright flippant Jodi is in responding to Martinez.

Perhaps I am simply oversensitive, but if I had brutally killed someone I love, not to mention having previously suffered alleged domestic abuse by their hand, I believe I would be rather cowed on the witness stand. Or diffident. Or demure. Or solemn. Or sober. I most certainly would not be trivializing the death of my former partner and the alleged abuse I suffered by making a sideshow of my testimony. It's sickening.

She seems to save all of her 'contrition' and 'sorrow' for when her own attorneys are questioning her. She does herself no favours, in my estimation, by changing her attitude so radically once Martinez speaks to her. To me, if I'm on the jury, that only speaks to her fraudulence.

It is difficult at times not to imagine Jodi seeing this whole trial as a game or a spectacle in which she is the star player. She is far more concerned with sparring with the prosecution than with relaying the truth about someone's brutal death and her own apparent suffering of abuse.

Ugh.

Thanks for allowing me a space to rant!

:clap:

I was reading a romance novel and the hero started making love to the heroine in the morning while she was still asleep. She thought it was romantic, lol.

Morning :seeya:

I asked last night but never got a reply...

How long do you all think nurms will have his first witness on for?

I mean logic in me says everything will be a little more speedy now jodis off the stand but im not holding out much hope.

If he's still going on after lunch recess i will need to self medicate :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

In my experience I quite literally had my abuser threatening my life almost daily, he pulled a gun on me twice, a knife a handful of times, set fire to our house, and rammed my car with his own...

I never actually fully comprehended how dangerous he is until months after I'd left. Because that IS the way abuse works. You can fear your partner, and even say 'If I ever turn up dead', and still not totally 'get' that they mean it. I knew he *could* hurt me - but my very human emotions made me believe he also loved me therefore wouldn't. Discounting and dismissing violence and abusive behaviors is part of the pattern itself...for many, many victims and survivors. It took several months of being away from daily abuse to gain clarity.

I now have no doubt he wouldn't hesitate to kill me if given the chance. An ocean, 4000 miles, several years, a new marriage and he still abuses by proxy every chance he gets - from prison. I don't need to mention he's a psychopath and that I chose to end the relationship, do I? :giggle: Idealize, devalue, and discard is the psychopath's relationship mantra. When anything outside of that occurs, ime, they become fixated on the one who has the audacity to leave them instead. Again, ime, the only thing that will curb that fixation is incarceration, death, or finding a new victim.

JMO and FWIW

Very powerful post.

Morning :seeya:

I asked last night but never got a reply...

How long do you all think nurms will have his first witness on for?

I mean logic in me says everything will be a little more speedy now jodis off the stand but im not holding out much hope.

If he's still going on after lunch recess i will need to self medicate :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't be surprised if he is done with his first witness before lunch (IF they start on time). The endless objections and sidebars should subside with Chatty Cathy off the stand. I think we'll all be surprised at how fast things move after a month of wheel spinning in the fog of JA.

Not looking forward to this. Alyce LaViolette seems like ill rub me the wrong way.
For me, and this is totally a personal opinion, I kinda take issue with any DV advocate endorsing, even indirectly, abusive and controlling behaviors.

I've probably met hundreds of abuse victims and survivors in the past seven years - in two countries. I've never known any of them to exhibit the rather lengthy list of abusive behaviors Jodi does. To dismiss that, on the face of a claim of intimate partner violence, is very confusing and a bit frightening in all honesty.

It seems to me that there was people that understood JA was different. Does this 'different' develop as a child or is it in her DNA? Evil people that don't feel empathy. If it is not there you are bound to get in trouble enventually. I really believe these 'different' people can take a life like you and I wash a car or paint a house. With no empathy there are no regrets.
So what are we as a society doing or not doing to help these people before it gets to this?

For me, and this is totally a personal opinion, I kinda take issue with any DV advocate endorsing, even indirectly, abusive and controlling behaviors.

I've probably met hundreds of abuse victims and survivors in the past seven years - in two countries. I've never known any of them to exhibit the rather lengthy list of abusive behaviors Jodi does. To dismiss that, on the face of a claim of intimate partner violence, is very confusing and a bit frightening in all honesty.

With some people, regardless of issue, everything is politics and all they are capable of doing is hit talking points without any thought or ethical considerations.

They suck, basically.

I have no idea. Maybe the DV expert (if she still has the nerve).
The DV experts will not have been able to watch the trial, right? So they won't know what JA has said. I think that's one of the reasons JM is dragging all of those details out of her, knowing that it will contradict what they were told by JA.

Jodi's playing a sick flirty war of words with JM, totally not connecting that she needs to be drawing in the jury NOT the prosecutor. I'm not there to see, but don't doubt the jury is completely turned off by her.

Can't imagine being JM's teen kid. No way in the World to even begin to lie about where who what. However, I bet he makes an awesome Uncle. Somebody with your utter safety in mind and a champion for you when necessary. Tio Juan is your man when those teen foibles happen.

But the cross will be interesting to watch!

I think he is going along with the shot first because to be honest, either way she still attacked him with the knife. As he pointed out, she stabbed him nine times in the back. If nothing else, shooting him first makes it worse, he was defenceless with his back to her at some point with the possibility of already having been shot. What threat would have he been at that point? Yet she continued.

Edit : - and Im inclined to go with the M.E's testimony that the shot had to come last.

Jodi's playing a sick flirty war of words with JM, totally not connecting that she needs to be drawing in the jury NOT the prosecutor. I'm not there to see, but don't doubt the jury is completely turned off by her.

Can't imagine being JM's teen kid. No way in the World to even begin to lie about where who what. However, I bet he makes an awesome Uncle. Somebody with your utter safety in mind and a champion for you when necessary. Tio Juan is your man when those teen foibles happen.

I think the police department is so fed up with people wasting their time telling stories, going in circles, trying to event bull carp that it probably creates huge hatred. But....it comes with the territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx