The Ramseys are Cleared

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They took a DNA sample from Karr. It did not match the DNA in the underwear. That proved he was not the killer (even if he WAS in the state of CO!) and he was not charged because of this fact.

I'm sorry, that seems really silly to me. If he had been in Colorado and if his handwriting matched that of the ransom note then I can't see how because some DNA skin cells didn't match that he would be exonerated, especially since he confessed.

The DNA cannot be conclusively proven to be the killer just by virtue of its existance. It isn't semen or saliva so it doesn't substantiate that the owner of the DNA committed the sexual assault. It could have come from any number of modes of transfer.

I mean, if the DNA belongs to some man who was on stage during the entire timeframe for JonBenet's murder, what do you want to do, arrest him for it even though he cannot physically have killed??

Patsy's is "similar" and that does not prove she wrote it either.

I still think part of the note was her writing and part John's writting. I've seen his and it has a lot of similarities too....

Let's face it people. This is NOT a DNA case. See my thread for why I think that...it has info about the markers and where they fall in the complete DNA strand. Or don't.

Fibers consistant with John's bathrobe found in various places.

About that sweater....Yes! and neither the sweater nor JB's panties had been laundered together....and the panties were BRAND NEW out of the package!

The sweater most likely was a dry clean only garment.... at the very least, it wouldn't go into the washing machine.

The Ramseys did NOT turn over the clothes they wore for a LONG, LONG time.... they had been laundered by the time they did in any event. Can't test for blood or fluids after the fact.

They claimed their lawyers never even mentioned to them that handing over their clothes would help investigators exclude them quickly. Yeah right... I'd believe THAT if I knew they had a bunch of two bit lawyers who didn't know their azz from their elbows.

So why NOT help investigators exclude the poor grieving parents? :rolleyes:

How does the ransom note point away from the Ramseys?

It was written on their paper, with their pencil, with a practice note discarded and it mentions a dollar figure that can ONLY have come from insider knowledge about Ramsey's finances.

And then there's that whole thing about there not having been a kidnapping in the first place, because the little girl was left in the basement...

Bingo! The note was only designed to point investigators away from the guilty (the Ramsey's) so they wouldn't get caught, and Patsy was successful as they weren't charged, but it's well-known she wrote it. Kinda like Hans Reiser taking out the seat in his car, only he still got convicted!:bang::loser:

I'm sorry, that seems really silly to me. If he had been in Colorado and if his handwriting matched that of the ransom note then I can't see how because some DNA skin cells didn't match that he would be exonerated, especially since he confessed.
He never confessed to killing her or to writing the note.

If he confessed to killing her, DNA match or not, he would have been prosecuted.

MOO

For those of you that are still buried in this thread, rehashing, I started a new thread titled Where are the Experts, with links to interviews (one long one with John Ramsey). It's time to pay attention to what he says and does, and follow the on-going stories that no-doubt will spark controversy and speculation. The DA's office once again will come under intense scrutiny for the way they are handling this case.

What is funny is that Karr's handwriting was a far better match, per the handwriting experts, than Patsy's. Just goes to show what a sloppy science that is.

No it wasn't! Just look at the samples yourself, it's obvious that Patsy's is a far better match than JMK.

If he confessed to killing her, DNA match or not, he would have been prosecuted.

MOO

Didn't he confess to "being there" when she died & that it was an accident?

One thing I'll say for him... he's completely nuts/despicable BUT he was very smart & very careful about the wording he chose.

He got off on the attention.

Of course they are going to say that rather than say that they flew the guy to the US from another country without having the slightest idea whether he was even in the state of Colorado at the time of her murder. Which he wasn't.

If they had done their homework they wouldnt' have needed to bother with DNA testing because they would have known that he was in ANOTHER STATE at the time of her death.

But telling it that way makes them look kind of stupid and incompetant..saying the DNA tests didnt' match..well that sounds a lot better. My DNA won't match the samle either because I have never been to Boulder.

And...even worse they paid to fly him FIRST CLASS with a movie!:loser::loser::loser:

MOO

I have to say not necessarily. You can't be prosecuted only on the evidence of your own confession...something else has to corroborate it, some other physical, circumstantial or testimonial evidence...exactly for the reason of ensure that police don't waste their time with loonies who confess to crimes they cannot possibly have committed.

I see....

Karrs DNA did not match the DNA in the underwear. he was excluded and exonerated from involvement in this crime, despite confessing to it. IIRC the only "evidence" of him not being in CO was provided by his own kinfolk

JMK provided a false confession for publicity. He is a sicko that thrives on attention. He didn't even have many details right. I read his 400-some odd pages. He claimed JB was wearing French perfume, NOT!

Patsy denied ever having any beaver hair trimmed boots, but there were photos of her wearing them.

Kind of like OJ and his Bruno Mali's....

Thanks, Seeker! Boy my sinus headache memory got that story all twisted up! Sorry all! I'm over the counter drugged today... Loopie...Loopie...Loopie...What can I say??? :crazy:

I have a question for the long time case followers...

Did they get DNA from all the people the Ramsey's said should be investigated? I know a couple of them are dead, like Santa...but not everyone. And Santa's DNA may be on file somewhere or retrievable.

Do you think the police will seek to get DNA from these people now, and do you think these Ramsey apppointed suspects will agree to give their DNA?

And...even worse they paid to fly him FIRST CLASS with a movie!:loser::loser::loser:

Imagine how Calif. felt..... they lost the evidence & couldn't even charge him on the original case. lol

But thanks to Lacy.... there's one more pedophile back in America... roaming free & having the last laugh.

I have a question for the long time case followers...

Did they get DNA from all the people the Ramsey's said should be investigated? I know a couple of them are dead, like Santa...but not everyone. And Santa's DNA may be on file somewhere or retrievable.

Do you think the police will seek to get DNA from these people now, and do you think these Ramsey apppointed suspects will agree to give their DNA?

Not sure about ALL the suspects but here's Santa:

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/2006/08/did-santa-claus-kill-jonbenet.html

Investigators were intrigued by the fact the McReynolds' daughter had been abducted 22 years before JonBenet's death ... to the day. And Janet McReynolds had written a play about a child who was molested in her basement, then murdered. The couple gave hair, handwriting and blood samples, but were eventually cleared thanks to DNA tests. Bill McReynolds died back in 2002.

--

From what I remember.... all the people close to the investigation (friend & foe) gave samples quickly.

Not sure about ALL the suspects but here's Santa:

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/2006/08/did-santa-claus-kill-jonbenet.html

Investigators were intrigued by the fact the McReynolds' daughter had been abducted 22 years before JonBenet's death ... to the day. And Janet McReynolds had written a play about a child who was molested in her basement, then murdered. The couple gave hair, handwriting and blood samples, but were eventually cleared thanks to DNA tests. Bill McReynolds died back in 2002.

--

From what I remember.... all the people close to the investigation (friend & foe) gave samples quickly.

Thanks.

So, I guess to say it another way then, unless the DNA pops up at some future time on the database that the case is closed. If all of these potential 'suspects' already gave their DNA, then I can't see where any investigation can go. Just a waiting game, or a fake waiting game.

I've noticed that you're condescending and insulting in your posts on other threads, so this doesn't surprise me one bit.

You can go research Cherokee's analysis now, unless you need the information filtered through an "expert" so you'll understand it.

You can report back here when you're through.

why would cherokee's research persuade us one way or another. he is not a handwriting expert and his research is merely opinion. it is also biased because he knew the case before examining the handwriting thus possibly swaying his opinion

If I remember correctly, the beaver hair boots were an issue for PR. I think it has been said that she wore them often and simply 'loved them', or something like that. Unless I am mistaken, she even made a special request after the murder, and after leaving the house, for them, specifially, to be brought to her by someone else. (Pam maybe? or a friend?) Those of you here who have better quality 'memory bank storage' than myself, would you please tell about the beaver trimmed boots???

From RockyMountainNews.com

Four red acrylic fibers found on the duct tape that covered the child's mouth were consistent with fibers from a blazer worn by Patsy Ramsey on Christmas, Thomas wrote. Detectives also wanted a search warrant for a pair of fur boots Patsy Ramsey was seen wearing that night because the FBI lab identified a possible beaver hair on the tape, but prosecutors never approved the warrant.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back