The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike, you said you know alot about the case. Can you fill us in on some things you feel we dont know about?

I am new here and don't know what is known or what is not. I am also learning as I go. Trying to sift through what is fact and what is simply accepted as fact.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yes feel free to enlighten us with any information we don't have. So far I've only seen you arguing that Shannan wasn't murdered, which is the most tiring narrative of all. But if you know anything we don't, I'd love to hear about it

I am new here and don't know what is known or what is not. I am also learning as I go. Trying to sift through what is fact and what is simply accepted as fact.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Mike....welcome to the dungeon....

Please dont let the natives scare you....

Some very passionate people .....semi obsessed...well alot obsessed (myself included)..

There has been lots of disagreements between posters over the years...sorting fact from fiction..opinions..

We have probably all insulted each other at some point in time...but tend to get over it quick as topics move from one to the next...

Hang in there...

Puggle x

I first mentioned it in a post called The JB's of LISK. Then TooClose commented about it confirming it could be true. Again I don't know if it means anything but if it's true it was something new at least and should be looked into and I believe it is. I know which home he supposedly worked on but again am waiting to see what it all comes to. I'm sure it will be discussed quite a bit when it comes out. Whether it has meaning or not. Being as that I seemed to be the first with the info it was not easy to not discuss it. But if it is new solid info, it needs to be dealt with before it's infected by the internet. Like this whole third person thing: some say it's a fact others aren't so sure. Everyone reads or hears something and it's fact. This case has had an echo chamber on it for so long that it's worse than any telephone game they showed us in school.

Why not elaborate on Bittrolff's connection to Oak Beach? What's the point in keeping this information secret at this late in the game? Just tell us what the possible connection is, or WHO he's connected to and where you heard it...i could be really helpful but it's not helping anyone keeping it a secret all this time...as the years go on...its getting later and later and later....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/09/police-second-man-partying-missing-new-york-prostitute.html

Lyndsay....to be honest I really haven't given much thought about the "Drifter" as the only news article I read was this one above.....I always just thought they were talking about Michael Pak...given the age being similar and that Pak did go live in Georgia.

Did this Lenny person come up because.....grrrr...stretching brain cells......someone here ....had said they had gone to the house when it was being sold and a guy named possibly Lenny was living there......I think I also read you saying something about seeing a photo of him.

I Know Im being a pain...but can you give maybe like a dot point outline of what you got on this guy......and Ill see if I can help dig up anything to add.

Pug, read through the last couple pages. There was a group of people who went and knocked on JB's door and a guy named Lenny answered. I pasted a Facebook discussion between those people and Mari Gilbert and Maureen's sister. Mari and Maureen's sister say that there are two "drifters" or guys who lived at Brewer's but ONE of those men was in the house the night Shannan was killed. One of the guys names was Lenny so there is 50/50 chance Lenny is the drifter. When the A&E crew knocked on JB's door, Lenny answered. So he was living there after JB moved out, considering that he does sound like the person that the poster described when they went to look at JB's house. This is NOT the same guy who wrote the book, which is one of the arguments used when posters try to propogate the myth that the drifter WASNT there the night Shannan was killed. I am dumbfounded that knew one on here, with all the locals and people like Flukeyou, that no one has ever posted Lenny's last name anywhere. Also the story about the Drifter and the story about the Police saying they have a suspect in April 2011 connected to Raffo's stay on LI...came out one day apart from the story on the drifter. I think the drifter is the police suspect for the LISK, which is why there has been a blackout on info about him. What I don't understand is how no one knows who he is, or his last name...and no one seems to even believe he exists the despite all the evidence

Zero, its not a crime to work on a house. Therefore, its not going to come out. Its not going to be dealt with. Sitting on this info makes no sense.

A few posts containing snark and just plain bad manners have been removed. Please be respectful to others.
:tyou:

That's a rather nasty assertion unless there is serious evidence to suggest otherwise, especially for a medical professional. And leaving this comment aside, SG's actions at 4am onwards aren't consistent with the use of an opioid. As Dr. Tumosa says, it fits more with the use of PCP or synthetic marijuana.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sp...o-evade-drug-tests/ar-BBsLNoz?ocid=spartanntp Note the loss of clothing; PCP and its ilk can radically raise your core body temperature.

As the article says you can get this stuff at some gas stations....we don't need to postulate Dr. Hackett was involved in some nefarious drug dealings.

We don't even have evidence she EVER went to his house. The most we can hypothesize is that SG entered the bramble/marsh near Dr. Hackett's house. That is a fair assertion.

There just isn't any time in the timeline of that morning for Dr. Hackett to realistically have interacted with SG.

Reading back........

Just an observation.....

Robert....you mentioned a page back or so from this quote that they went for what was it...a 15 - 18 minute drive....

So this could...could be an opportunity of interation within the timeline...not saying it's whats happened...just pointing out a time of opportunity.

Brewer and shannan went somewhere...for a length of time???

Back to re reading puggle.....

Ohhh also Lyndsay......just a quick question...the FB pastes.....where Mari mentions two people...and now neding to work out which one was at Brewers.....can I ask...is this private FB messages...or can they be viewed on a FB page thats public....

I willl say I am somewhat standoffish when it comes to FB posts.....because I can easily see how people can be impersonated...

Precious found it curious that JM dog found remains shortly after pullng over to the side of the road. Im not sure if thats accurate or not. I do wonder why the search for SG started 3 miles up the road from OB. It must of been his starting point. Otherwise his dog would have found the remains that were east of MB first. Just a thought. I could be wrong.

Did ya'll ever think that Shannan left Oak Beach alive - (but barely)
and made her way to Jersey...

and that is the reason Hackett called Mari (n the 2nd phone call) from Jersey?

He called a stone's throw from Jersey City where shannan lived with Alex.

(plot thickens folks)

No one ever discusses that. why not?

It's never been a secret that I live in Babylon's barrier beach community. Part of the problem, as I see it, is that you imagine I or any other resident would be privy to any info that isn't already known. The thought that there's some conspiracy between neighbors to cover up something, or that everyone knows what happened and won't talk is silly.
LL6, to be clear, I'm not adamant that there wasn't anyone else besides MP and JB at the home that night with SG, I'm adamant that the theory there was a third person flies in the face of what's been said in interviews with people we know were there and what police sources with a name and a face have said. One N.Y.Post article with zero supporting info doesn't change my mind about that.
I don't know anything about "Lenny" or anyone else who might have stayed with JB.

Oh so now he's a telecommuting drifter. Lmao.

Again, read what I wrote. I said that I can se how he relates to Shannon's case but not the rest of the women. If this "drifter" was such an important piece of the puzzle, we'd know his name. Someone, somewhere along the way would've figured it out.

As far as the Gus Coletti stories, I will take CBS's reporting over the Examiner. Yet another gossip site.

I don't know how reiterating what I previously said, is back pedaling, but I guess if you have no relevant rebuttal, posting an animated gif/emoji like a child and trying to insult me, will do. This is great site but it's a shame that there are some adults that don't know how to have a friendly debate/discussion without being condescending, facetious and insulting. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

It's never been a secret that I live in Babylon's barrier beach community. Part of the problem, as I see it, is that you imagine I or any other resident would be privy to any info that isn't already known. The thought that there's some conspiracy between neighbors to cover up something, or that everyone knows what happened and won't talk is silly.
LL6, to be clear, I'm not adamant that there wasn't anyone else besides MP and JB at the home that night with SG, I'm adamant that the theory there was a third person flies in the face of what's been said in interviews with people we know were there and what police sources with a name and a face have said. One N.Y.Post article with zero supporting info doesn't change my mind about that.
I don't know anything about "Lenny" or anyone else who might have stayed with JB.

I'm from the island too.

If you don't mind me asking, do you personally know any of the involved parties? I personally think that too many people are over thinking things and putting too much stock into this Drifter character. He's never been a confirmed guest and like you, I don't trust the NY Post and there's nothing to substantiate any of what they say. I'd imagine if JB wanted to save his *advertiser censored* that day, he already disclosed who if anyone was at his home that day.

On the flip side I heard a very interesting theory in a podcast the other day which is one I haven't heard before. The person believes JB is LISK. They believe police "cleared him" publicly because they do not have enough evidence to arrest him because the lack of DNA evidence found on all of the other victims. One thing they pointed out to sort of back up this theory is that Shannon got police involved. After that, two more girls went missing (Amber & I believe Megan) and we know that at least Amber was somehow convinced to leave her home without her phone. They surmise that after the Shannan Gilbert debacle he couldn't risk police involvement again and so he made sure no more phones were brought on his "dates". You can listen to the interview yourself.
https://youtu.be/imSrxe4-2RA

I tend to think that the Shannan Gilbert case and the LISK case can be two very coincidental but distinctively different cases.

I'm from the island too.

If you don't mind me asking, do you personally know any of the involved parties? I personally think that too many people are over thinking things and putting too much stock into this Drifter character. He's never been a confirmed guest and like you, I don't trust the NY Post and there's nothing to substantiate any of what they say. I'd imagine if JB wanted to save his *advertiser censored* that day, he already disclosed who if anyone was at his home that day.

On the flip side I heard a very interesting theory in a podcast the other day which is one I haven't heard before. The person believes JB is LISK. They believe police "cleared him" publicly because they do not have enough evidence to arrest him because the lack of DNA evidence found on all of the other victims. One thing they pointed out to sort of back up this theory is that Shannon got police involved. After that, two more girls went missing (Amber & I believe Megan) and we know that at least Amber was somehow convinced to leave her home without her phone. They surmise that after the Shannan Gilbert debacle he couldn't risk police involvement again and so he made sure no more phones were brought on his "dates". You can listen to the interview yourself.
https://youtu.be/imSrxe4-2RA

I tend to think that the Shannan Gilbert case and the LISK case can be two very coincidental but distinctively different cases.

Do we Know this Noto? From what I've read, Dave said Amber was using his phone and didn't actually have a phone of her own that day.

Putting too much stock in the drifter character? The Post is not the only news article that reported on the drifter. There are a few, including Fox news. You are one of many posters who like to pick and choose what newspapers you find credible. It's no just the newspapers either, but Maureen and Shannan's family members. I don't see how looking into one of two individuals who was alone in a house with a woman who fled for her life screaming "they are trying to kill me" is overthinking things. In fact it's the simplest possible thinking there could be.....look at the two guys who were in the house with Shannan. That's starting at the source. That's over thinking? I love how your guys argument is..."well i don't trust the post so i don't believe in this drifter character" lol

The obvious difference I can see between SG and LISK is SG temporarily got away while the other four did not.

I know some of them casually as neighbors and community members.
It's not that I don't trust the Post, I read that rag daily. It's the lack of supporting info with the story. Considering how big it would be if there actually was a third person there that night, no other news source dug deeper or corroborated it by adding a name to the mother, police source or "drifter". I feel it was either made up or spoofed to the Post writer who jumped on the chance to be printed, and once nothing could be verified, all other news outlets dropped it as incredible.
I also believe MP's and JB's stories support one another, including their phone records, and both would jump at the chance to add a third person who's story matched and helped exonerate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay