The Rumor Mill -- unsubstantiated, yet possible relevant information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well look what more do you want? The police say the drifter was there, Mari Gilbert and many others saw Lenny in person staying at Brewers.

I listened to the podcast. Some off what was said was downright laughable. I will add to it. Maybe the killer lured the women with a monkey. Not a perceived pocketful of money.

What was laughable deedee?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
It was suggested that the killer spent a significant amt of time on the phone because the victim was talking to his wife. It was suggested that perhaps the killer had a Jewish accent and that would put one at ease. The girls went with the killer because its the nature of the job. Its how they made a living. The promise of big money caused them to let their guard down.

Let their guard down enough that they would abandon safeguards they have in place? These weren't rookie girls. They protected themselves. Leaving for a john with no phone? Seems odd to me

I don't know if i believe that they left their phones behind. Maureen didn't. Melissa didn't. Amber supposedly didn't have a phone and was using Dave's. And I'm not convinced megan left her phone. If a john actually said "leave your phone" there is no way they would i think it's BS. Red herring. The only girl where this might have been the case would be in Megan, if Amber didn't have a phone like DS claimed and it if really is true that Megan left her phone in the hotel than she was almost def just running outside to meet someone she knew real quick to grab something like drugs. Look at the case of Sugar Bear, his disappearance is the same as Megan

Megans mom believes she had her phone with her. A series of calls were made to her job up until the time the bodies were found. The caller said he was NYPD. Co-workers intercepted the calls. The caller wanted her cell #. She reported it to SCPD.

What good did the phones do any of the girls? Was the killer going to let them make a call?

What safeguards are there when you get into a car with someone who wants to kill you?

Let their guard down enough that they would abandon safeguards they have in place? These weren't rookie girls. They protected themselves. Leaving for a john with no phone? Seems odd to me

Each of of the Gilgo4 had a well established defense mechanism to deal with the inherently dangerous business of meeting men on the Internet. One of the slides in our LISK talk at Baltimore deals with each women's normal procedures. In each case, those defense mechanisms were ignored. The person that figures out how this was done will be a long way towards understanding how LISK operates.

What safeguards are there when you get into a car with someone who wants to kill you?

This New York Magazine article has some interesting points on that.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/03/sex-workers-legalization-c-v-r.html

'Now, she sets the boundaries when she enters a client’s room. “Be aggressive with them,” she says. “Because if you’re not aggressive with clients, they’ll just think they can take advantage of you. The moment you let them step up on even the littlest boundary, then it’s like they think that they can overpower you. The power should always be in yourself.”

She takes as many precautions as she can. At first contact on the phone, she listens to clients’ voices to see “if they’re saying things that are weird” or give her “that feeling” in the pit of her stomach. Before agreeing to meet them, she Googles their addresses and looks at their houses. (Anna also requires the info on clients’ driver’s licenses, or two references from other “reputable providers.”) She makes sure a friend knows where she is. For the first meeting, “I have a driver, so when I say, ‘Okay, your session is 45 minutes,’ then I will open the window and show them that the car is parked right outside their house. That’s the way of putting them into the mind-set that people care about me.”
When She considers herself very lucky. “I’ve never really walked into a situation that was super, super terrible,” she says. “I don’t wanna make it seem like I know for sure that this person is safe, because safety is, like, not real.”"

Theres an old saying. Money talks and everthing else (safeguards) walks.

Money makes then forget they are vulnerable. These women had been attacked in the past. They protected themselves and each other. They liked money to live their lives but they were far from stupid and would not go to extreme risk for a higher pay day. That would set off the alarm.

Of course, it's not money here - it's the PROMISE of money. Johns lie and the G4 knew it. Just a telephone offer of $1500 wouldn't cause these four to change their normal safety procedures.

does anyone have quotes about Amber and Megan's phone. If Megan took her phone and Amber didn't have one at the time we should dispel the "don't bring your phone" myth

I wouldn't focus too much on the phone issue alone. It's more complicated than that. Let's look at the slide from the talk on Maureen's defense mechanisms.

*Someone must come with her and wait in the neighborhood. Maureen would text to say she was OK

*Viewed outcalls with suspicion

*Rented hotel room for johns to come to her

* Stay in Manhattan – wouldn’t even do Brooklyn or Queens

There's not a doubt in my mind that the "errand" SG and JB ran was a drug run. But I don't think SG knew exactly what drug she was actually getting. She might have THOUGHT she knew, but...

I think at 2:30am in the area around Oak Beach the pickings are slim. My personal belief is that they picked up some spice (synthetic marijuana) from a bodega near by. They weren't gone long enough to make a run to Babylon.

Robert, are you joking? I'm pretty sure there are no bodegas near Oak Beach. If they were going to a "bodega" I'd imagine the nearest store of this type would be in Babylon. But a 24 hour bodega that sells spice? I would bet the only 24 hour deli's in Babylon or anywhere in that area are 7-11's.

I think the call to CVS is an important clue. It's possible Dr. Hackett wrote a prescription for an opiate like Roxy and they called to see if the CVS had it in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB