The Science Fair-IB Expo and the Electric Project

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe not.

What is the dam on Sauvie Island? TIA

From this:

Re: Sauvie Island Dam

Looks like it is by Guiles Lake up towards Scappoose. It is near the Shady Cove Store and RV Park. I can't find a photo of it but this link talks about how there are little dams on the island that control the level of the water:

http://www.hikercentral.com/campgrounds/109838.html

I think we need to hear from a local poster but see there is a map of the area at this link. xox

Is my understanding correct that the project was already set up at the school? The reports I read said he was anxious to show it to his SM, which made it seem as though it was already set up. do we know for certain?

JBean - just finished reading every arrticle posted by Oregonian - all state TH and Kyron went to see/tour fair, or Kyron was showing of his exhibit, in my opinion, they were already set up.

99% sure my discrepancy was due to CM's statement in Oregonian (my previous post), and non-news source post (private social media site).

Regarding the observations of the advanced look of Kyron's Science Fair project - When my daughter was little we always worked on her Reading Fair projects together. There were different classifications to be judged - Individual and Family. We always entered in the Family category.
Perhaps the Science Fair has the same category setup?

I know there are articles that address who was welcome to attend the science fair, as well as a picture of the sign outside the school announcing the fair. On that note, I am reposting a reminder article (from June 13th) saying that LE requested traffic footage for both June 3rd (day before) AND June 4th (day of) Kyron went missing.

Link with requested roads:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...affic_foo.html

Maybe looking for repeated drive-by's, etc....

Here's a re-post of the pic, previously posted on WS - I am new to WS, but I believe it's cranky's photobucket album for kyron?

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Kyron Horman -OR-/6610sign.jpg

Regarding the observations of the advanced look of Kyron's Science Fair project - When my daughter was little we always worked on her Reading Fair projects together. There were different classifications to be judged - Individual and Family. We always entered in the Family category.
Perhaps the Science Fair has the same category setup?

No judging. Exhibits only. Not really even a science fair. IB exhibit. Different things.

I couldn't find a thread already dedicated to discussing this. Am I the only one who thinks Kyron's science fair project was mostly constructed by an adult or much older child? I have a very talented 7 year old son (who attends a Portland public school) and that project would be waaaay beyond his abilities. The other projects in the pictures look like they were constructed by young children.

Here are 2 more pictures of Kyron's Tree Frog Project. (both are an up close view of the intricate detail that went into the project)

ETA: I had not seen these posted here, but if they are duplicates feel free to delete...

Attachments

• Kyrons Tree frog diorama.jpg
    Kyrons Tree frog diorama.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Kyrons Tree frog diorama2.jpg
    Kyrons Tree frog diorama2.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 114
Unless...T and Kyron were not in the same group. Say the teacher was in the room and, as enough children arrived, sending them with the chaperone to see the exhibits. Since we know Kyron was there early, maybe he was in one of the first groups. It is possible that T and Kyron saw one another when T was on his way into the classroom and Kyron was already in a group (loosely) and on his way to see the cool electric exhibit.

So Kyron goes along with the rest of his group, T goes into the classroom and is added to a different group, and they don't cross paths.

If the groups were kind of loose - as in, we're going to 6th grade first and we walk sort of together but not really in a line or anything (it's only 5-6 kids and the hallways are likely crowded with other classes doing the same thing) and then they visit 6th grade. When it's time to switch rooms, the leader gathers them up and they go onto the next grade, and I would assume she would count each time. (But maybe not).

If the chaperone can't swear to when she last saw Kyron with the group, then T could be right. When the groups recollected in the classroom, that could be when the chaperone noticed him missing, and T would have been there.

That could also be why the timeline has been so hazy - maybe the chaperone isn't really sure (maybe she doesn't know all the kids very well) and the kids statements about the last time he was with the group conflict...well then LE would be very careful b/c of dealing with young kids AND not having a time they can confirm.

In the same way, if the teacher thought Kyron was in the bathroom, she may have looked for him or asked another teacher to look for him when he didn't return promptly. All it would take is another teacher saying, "I saw him with Terri...maybe they left. Half my class is gone!" or the teacher wondering if she misunderstood about the appointment and assuming that she must have.

It is not necessary that any of these statements are contradictory. We have not seen the complete statements - only bits and pieces.

Yes, yes, yes, AngelMom. This is exactly what I've been thinking. Thank you for stating it so clearly! (I got frustrated last night when my lengthy post on this part of the scenario vanished inexplicably into cyberspace and it was time to put the kids to bed. You have made it all better now.:blowkiss:)

Here are 2 more pictures of Kyron's Tree Frog Project. (both are an up close view of the intricate detail that went into the project)

ETA: I had not seen these posted here, but if they are duplicates feel free to delete...

Strange. I thought the paper on the front of the box was torn in the photo taken that morning. I'll have to enlarge it and look again.

Where did you find these? I hadn't seen these, were they close ups or did you crop them?

The electrical project thing just reminded me of something I found earlier, though I highly doubt related.
A poster in the Dreams/Visions thread asked about a "Buffalo Ridge", IIRC they were getting that as some kind of message (don't shoot me, I'm not good at that stuff, but fascinated by it, yes).
The only BuffaloRidge related that I could find is an ELECTRICAL project on the minn/dak border iirc, ran by a Portland construction company, aptly titled "Buffalo Ridge Transmission Lines", where they are bringing in more electricity to certain areas.
Now, that's creepy, imo......construction company from portland, working that far away......wonder if the school had had any contractors out recently for anything.
far fetched, I know, but still....

Where did you find these? I hadn't seen these, were they close ups or did you crop them?

I found them on one of the many many news media links for kyron. It was from a link that I went to in one of these threads that linked to a news media and i found the link there that had a couple of pics dealing with kyron(there were actually a couple other pics but they had other ppl that I didn't think I should post along with Kyron in the pics, some very interesting tho)I'll have to search thru my computer tho to fink what link they originated from because these were saved to my computer earlier and then just uploaded them when I came across them today on my laptop.

I found them on one of the many many news media links for kyron. It was from a link that I went to in one of these threads that linked to a news media and i found the link there that had a couple of pics dealing with kyron(there were actually a couple other pics but they had other ppl that I didn't think I should post along with Kyron in the pics, some very interesting tho)I'll have to search thru my computer tho to fink what link they originated from because these were saved to my computer earlier and then just uploaded them when I came across them today on my laptop.

I was just interested in them, I hadn't seem them before I'd only seen the ones where you can see the whole project. Thanks.

(BBM)
"He walked by the hallway and I'm like, 'Hi, Kyron,' and he's like, 'Hi. I'm going to go see this cool one. It's electric.' I'm like, 'Alright, bye.' And that's the last time I saw him," T said. "He never did make it back to class."
http://www.kptv.com/news/23842774/detail.html

I haven't been able to shake a feeling I've had since first hearing this comment made by "T". I believe that this could very well be the last statement Kyron made to anyone before he fell into the pre-set trap of a predator. Two things stand out to me that Kyron tells "T"; it's "cool" and it's "electric". At the time that "T" spoke to Kyron, Kyron was on his way to see this project so 1) how did Kyron know about this project? And 2) who told him it was cool? I've had a very strong feeling (a feeling I just can't seem to shake) that it was the person responsible for taking and harming Kyron. I'd like to know if LE looked into this further and determined if there really was a student with an electric project. If there was, I hope they've looked closely at this student. If there wasn't an electric project at the expo that day, then I hope LE will look at anyone (adult) who may have been on the school property that morning that may have 1) delivered lightbulbs (Grainger; http://www.pps.k12.or.us/departments/facilities/3092.htm) 2) been there to make an electrical repair (PPS has 9 electricians on their maintenance crew; http://www.pps.k12.or.us/departments/facilities/2751.htm) 3) serviced broken janitorial equipment, i.e., floor sweeper, floor stripper/waxing machine 4) serviced or inspected fire alarm system/equipment or 5) set up sound system (mics) and/or lights for the talent show that was being held that afternoon. Anyone who is somehow connected to electrical work. I believe this person lured Kyron; "Have you seen the electric project? You've got to see it - it's really cool." I think the word "cool" was used/chosen by him/her so they appeared more youthful, in tune with, and connected to someone Kyron's age. If there really wasn't an electric project at the expo that day, I believe the perp chose and used that as the bait to lure Kyron because he/she (the perp) has a connection to it. MOO ~

This may sound ignorant to some but honestly have BEEN wondering but keep forgetting to ask what exactly is an "IB Exhibit"?? I'm still young enough(or maybe just really good&vivid memory?)that I can even recall every year's science project all the way up til 6th grade(this is when we quit doing them at my school) and have a son that is in middle school so have all of his years projects and fair in mind too and I've never heard of an IB exhibit(I know not anything to be joking about) but SERIOUSLY the way I even keep remembering Skyline's science fair is by IB[I.rritable B.owel], the IB exhibit. So, TIA to anyone who wants to take a sec to let me know just what the heck is the IB exhibit?

ETA: I am certain once told what it stands for I will feel all the more ignorant...:blushing:

ITA, which is why I posted what I did. Believe I'm leaning more in that direction now for the first time.

This may sound ignorant to some but honestly have BEEN wondering but keep forgetting to ask what exactly is an "IB Exhibit"?? I'm still young enough(or maybe just really good&vivid memory?)that I can even recall every year's science project all the way up til 6th grade(this is when we quit doing them at my school) and have a son that is in middle school so have all of his years projects and fair in mind too and I've never heard of an IB exhibit(I know not anything to be joking about) but SERIOUSLY the way I even keep remembering Skyline's science fair is by IB[I.rritable B.owel], the IB exhibit. So, TIA to anyone who wants to take a sec to let me know just what the heck is the IB exhibit?

ETA: I am certain once told what it stands for I will feel all the more ignorant...:blushing:

It stands for International Baccalaureate ... which is an international curriculum for students.

Does anyone remember specifics about I believe it was an old, gray truck sighting with a boy looking like Kyron in the window?
If so, was it mentioned if the driver was male or female, and if they appeared to be on their way out of town?

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/photo/kyron-noglassesjpg-cc969e0971b99405.jpg

It was torn in the photo supposedly taken early Friday. There was one other, taken by a news photographer; I'll have to find it and see if it shows it torn too. Maybe someone taped it up for him. If not, I'm really curious who took these other shots and when (I notice the background is different in the two posted by jessi and the one in this link).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234
Back