The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, all I'm seeing is a damn cat litter commercial then nothing. Making me crazy. Let me know if you find a real link.

He was on then he was gone- all I heard was from the very moment they met him they believed he was innocent and never wavered. Then it kept cutting back to the courtroom and earlier footage.

So frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just see a bunch of squares with a green circle saying TVU and a digital clock counting up

Is the interview with the defense lawyers posted on a viewable link? The 11 link gives me nada. TIA.

I imagine talking about Cooper will happen when he's sentenced

Sorry - I wasn't clear. I was talking about "We know this has been a difficult case for you because of this young victim, Cooper" or "you've had to look at photos you never wanted to see " or " the court appreciates your dedication to this case on behalf of little Cooper ".........anything to acknowledge how difficult and emotional child death cases are.

So jurors commented about which hand he carried the light bulbs in, which hand he opened the car door with and which hand he used to throw the bulbs with.... this jury did their work!

They sure did. Even I didn't notice that.

Boring said it was up to Cobb County to decide whether to not to press charges against LEANNA? Did I read that right?

On what possible charge? Or is this the State just gratuitously trying to poison public opinion against her yet again?

after they said she wasn't a suspect :thinking:

Right? What's he supposed to do? Smile? Cry? Furrow his brow and look troubled?

There is absolutely no "expression" he could have made that wouldn't be vulcanized.

The collective glee over other people's misery, in the name of "justice" makes me ill.

No glee. But a sense of justice. How can there be glee? That baby died a horrific death, at he hands of his father. I can't get his death out of my head. Ever since I heard about this death and get into a hot car, it comes to me. The suffering is incredible. I have sat in my hot car with the windows rolled up a couple times, wondering and becoming horrified. It's haunting. This day there is some justice.

Yeah. me too! Where can I find it? The press conference that is....
Yes. Please!

You can watch a replay of him listening to the verdicts here:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/14/us/justin-ross-harris-trial-verdict/

Thank you so much.

I have a question about that. Kilgore said they would be appealing. Is it his job to file the appeal? If so would he also represent Ross in appeal? And if so would that mean Ross wouldn't claim ineffective counsel as one factor? Gitana?

He could definitely represent him and then I don;t see how he could assert ineffective assistance. His attorneys did a great job anyhow. Excellent, from what I read.

Now that's making me feel my blood pressure!! Who in this bunch will speak to what Cooper's death has meant? I doubt there's anyone to give a victim impact statement. OMG.

Vigorously SMH

I think when there is no one in the family that thinks the defendant is guilty, they sometimes take that opportunity to talk about how great the defendant is and how innocent.

What do the defense and state lawyer want to talk to the jurors about? I can see them saying thank you, but it sounded like the defense really wanted to put the jurors on the stand....since they wanted them to come back tomorrow and spend the morning. I think that is asking way to much. These people do have to get back to a job and this would be on their own time.

Can anyone explain this? Thanks

Yes. They always want to know the thinking of the jurors, what they did right and wrong.

Could it be malice when he shut the car door and neglect when he didn't go back to save Cooper?

IDK.

Interesting thought!

So, yeah, if the verdicts are actually mutually exclusive, then that would be grounds for reversal and new trial:

See,

Jackson v. State, 577 SE 2d 570 - Ga: Supreme Court 2003

https://www.ravellaw.com/opinions/5d57422329a7d6ca47545c02ed6d3341

Apparently a person can be convicted of both. The judge just merges the convictions.

[video=youtube;SmWRF3wVYYU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmWRF3wVYYU[/video]

He was on then he was gone- all I heard was from the very moment they met him they believed he was innocent and never wavered. Then it kept cutting back to the courtroom and earlier footage.

So frustrating!

It was short and his voice was cracking like he was about to cry. I wondered if it was a carry over from the election tbo. jmo

So ....

Defense counsel's full name is Herman Maddox Kilgore :D

Leanna was definitely listed as a suspect - that's why we were allowed to discuss her here. I believe stoddard said she wasn't part of an active investigation most recently. Not sure on the wording. I'll look.

Edit- found this in an article. Would still like to read the transcript myself again. But this is what I was remembering from stoddards testimony:

Though Leanna is still listed as a suspect on police reports, 'she is not part of an active investigation.' he said.

Link for that passage I typed above- still want to read the transcript to get it all in context and remember what he said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...s-body-detective-testifies.html?client=safari

Boring said it was up to Cobb County to decide whether to not to press charges against LEANNA? Did I read that right?

On what possible charge? Or is this the State just gratuitously trying to poison public opinion against her yet again?

Boring was responding to a reporter's question. It's around 10:40. The reporter asks if the door has been completely closed on Leanna or will there be more investigation. Boring responds "We'll leave that to Cobb county police." I don't think he was implying that charges are coming. IMO.

[video=youtube;5ROFPxtiyhk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ROFPxtiyhk[/video]

OMG, y'all!
They said the jury got it wrong.
Talking about another reporter.
Said prosecution didn't prove case
It was an accident.

They're doing mike check! No need - y'all are loud and clear!

Still checking mike!!!

Hearing their video rundown now. Will broadcast all attorneys.

Oh, dear! shoulder's on reporters sweater are lumpy, she says!!!

Leanna was definitely listed as a suspect - that's why we were allowed to discuss her here. I believe stoddard said she wasn't part of an active investigation most recently. Not sure on the wording. I'll look.

Edit- found this in an article. Would still like to read the transcript myself again. But this is what I was remembering from stoddards testimony:

Though Leanna is still listed as a suspect on police reports, 'she is not part of an active investigation.' he said.

Link for that passage I typed above- still want to read the transcript to get it all in context and remember what he said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...s-body-detective-testifies.html?client=safari

Thanks for the link.

I wonder if they have had the opportunity to investigate LH they way they have been able to investigate JRH.

IMO they will not likely find anything, since LH was struggling to hold her marriage together and she had more reason to keep Cooper alive than let him die.

On the other hand, I've read a lot of things about LH that makes my hair stand on end. Her testimony on the witness stand is highly suspect, especially since she lied about LE with a straight face. What else could she be hiding?

I don't know, though. It's up to Cobb County if they want to find out.

Seriously, Leanna took a huge risk in testifying in this trial - she could have asserted her 5th amendment right outside the presence of the jury and never taken the stand.

Based on how the police and prosecution went about arresting and prosecuting Ross, she should expect them to retaliate against her for not cooperating with the State to convict Ross. Stoddard obviously still thinks she is guilty or would like to see her prosecuted. Wonder if she is next? Well, they won't be able to admit all of Ross' deviant behavior in a trial against Leanna.

Haha like hearing vinnie talk about the defense witness- memory expert. Looks like they agree with many here that he helped the prosecution.

The memory witness moved me into the malice murder camp. I was in the felony murder camp up until that point.

Almost unanimous early on - according to boring.

Boring says jurors felt evidence as a whole pointed to guilt- can't explain away it all.

The totality of the evidence is what pointed to his guilt. It's impossible to explain everything.

Bag of light bulbs in the same hand as he used to open the door- boring saying the jurors noticed that. Said it's interesting what others notice.

Jury said the entirety of the evidence was what convinced them.

The jury seemed very comprehensive in their deliberations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee