The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the bond matter, the actual bond was $500 as per my recollection. However, the "bondee" only puts up 10% of the bond amount. The bail bondsman is on the hook for the whole amount in the event the individual escapes. Offhand, I don't know if that was ever paid or Garrison was apprehended prior to the expiration of the bond period.

You've answered a question I have pondered. So it was in fact Cox who Mrs. McCall wanted to talk to. That seems to dovetail with what Asher had to say about not wanting "him" to be wheeled in on a gurney but simply to reveal what, if anything, he knew.

I suppose "probably worked the neighborhood" is to be distinguished from positive confirmation he did in fact work at this location. In any event, he does not deny that he could have worked there so we are left to ponder his meaning.

Just so we are on the same page, when was it that Garrison was seen as a top tier suspect? The rape occurred after the women went missing. The mere fact he was bonded out must have meant that the police viewed him as having information although I do not understand why there wasn't more care to ensure he would not escape their custody.

I'm not aware (perhaps you are) that he ever provided any information that led to anything productive. So far as I know he didn't or if he did, it has never been revealed to the public. The fact that these searches are "sealed" doesn't provide any useful information that I can discern. It might have meant anything but that the police or prosecutor simply didn't want whatever they did find not in the public domain. Perhaps they discovered items having to do with other crimes. We don't really know, do we?

There is the matter of where Mrs. McCall wanted to talk to two individuals. One was in prison and the other was not in prison. We don't know the one who is or was on the street do we? That may be the more productive road to take. Cox is unlikely to produce anything so that's a dead end unless for some reasons (perhaps on his deathbed) he decides to reveal what he knows, if anything.

I'd like to know who this person on the street was known by Mrs. McCall. Offhand, do you know? You need not post any name. Just curious.

I'm sure Garrison shot up the list of suspects when he offered some of what he knew when facing a 3rd strike felony on the FIP. Once LE heard the amount of detail he knew, which led to the successful execution of 3 search warrants with evidence recovered, then they knew he was likely involved and this was not just hearsay that he was repeating.

There certainly is a possibility that some of what was recovered could pertain to other crimes but the only thing we know about for sure covered by a search warrant is the 50 yr old male. But the fact that LE sent things out for lab testing, then sealed the results to this very day should tell us there is something to the evidence they have. They would not spend the money to test just anything and then seal negative results. In the case of the evidence collected from Cassville, Moore has obviously spoken about the disappointing results from the DNA testing on the deteriorated blood sample recovered but he doesn't speak to the other evidence such as the green metal. Had the green metal turned out to be part of a 1952 Packard Clipper for example, then I'm sure he would have spoken to that as well. If they had only recovered junk there would have been no testing & sealing of the warrants.

I'm not aware (perhaps you are) that he ever provided any information that led to anything productive. So far as I know he didn't or if he did, it has never been revealed to the public. The fact that these searches are "sealed" doesn't provide any useful information that I can discern. It might have meant anything but that the police or prosecutor simply didn't want whatever they did find not in the public domain.

Very good point, Richard. We don't know if SG provided relevant details about the case to LE. Only LE would know that. Regarding the sealed info on the search, it was probably not "evidence" that pointed in one direction or another at the time. It was likely sealed because it MAY be considered evidence in the future as the investigation advances, either in the 3mw or some other case, as you noted.

...(snip)

You've answered a question I have pondered. So it was in fact Cox who Mrs. McCall wanted to talk to. That seems to dovetail with what Asher had to say about not wanting "him" to be wheeled in on a gurney but simply to reveal what, if anything, he knew.

I suppose "probably worked the neighborhood" is to be distinguished from positive confirmation he did in fact work at this location. In any event, he does not deny that he could have worked there so we are left to ponder his meaning.

All I can find are quotes just like the following. I think it is impossible to say with any certainty that he ever worked on Delmar or Kentwood. If I were a juror I certainly wouldn't accept as evidence that he had.

Quote:

In a letter to the News-Leader last month, Cox says that in the summer of 1992 he worked as a locator at SM and P Conduit Inc., a Springfield company that locates and marks underground utilities.

"I have done locates all over Springfield," Cox wrote. "I have done work in the area of the house where the abduction occurred."

Years ago, Cox would say only that he did underground locating jobs everywhere; he couldn't remember if he did them in the neighborhood of East Delmar.

Close Quote.

N-L June 8, 2006

All I can find are quotes just like the following. I think it is impossible to say with any certainty that he ever worked on Delmar or Kentwood. If I were a juror I certainly wouldn't accept as evidence that he had.

Quote:

In a letter to the News-Leader last month, Cox says that in the summer of 1992 he worked as a locator at SM and P Conduit Inc., a Springfield company that locates and marks underground utilities.

"I have done locates all over Springfield," Cox wrote. "I have done work in the area of the house where the abduction occurred."

Years ago, Cox would say only that he did underground locating jobs everywhere; he couldn't remember if he did them in the neighborhood of East Delmar.

Close Quote.

N-L June 8, 2006

I agree. Cox is probably a classic sociopath/narcissist who just wants attention. I am puzzled as to why Det. Asher in the Vanished trailer was so focused on him.

Was George's open 24/7 in 92 ? Because the sighting was at 0100-0300 supposedly and they didn't leave party south of town til 0:200 . George's closes at 0:200 AM currently on Saturday nights / Sunday mornings .

I have trouble with the notion the intruder hid in the closet for who knows how long while the girls got ready for bed . In additions you can't tell me on the Biggest night of her life and as close as mother and daughter were she didn't make a B line to discuss the nights activities . OR if she called ahead Sherril would not have waited up for her . Presumably only a couple people knew the girls were headed back to that house. Sans for the broken globe no sign of any struggle . This dosent lend to the theory they interrupted anyone . Or that a total stranger abducted three women to assault them at another location . That dosent match SG MO in the co Ed assault .
Early on in these threads there is information that was provided of a more compelling motive .
TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the News Leader, some clothing and shoes were found on the floor of Mrs. Levitt's bedroom. Also, Captain Glenn was quoted in paper as saying some things were not as they should have been (snip).

Mrs. Levitt's step daughter told NL, Mrs. Levitt was a very neat person and would never leave clothing on the floor.

According to the News Leader, some clothing and shoes were found on the floor of Mrs. Levitt's bedroom. Also, Captain Glenn was quoted in paper as saying some things were not as they should have been (snip).Mrs. Levitt's step daughter told NL, Mrs. Levitt was a very neat person and would never leave clothing on the floor.

Commenting only on Glenn's statement (and not the shoes & clothing) we have a contradiction because Glenn has also said.

Quote:

"The only thing unusual about this house was that three women were missing from it," retired Springfield Police Capt. Tony Glenn says. "You had this feeling as you looked around that something was missing, that something had to be missing. But there wasn't. Just them."

Close Quote.
N-L June 8, 2006

This was obviously said in hindsight & some yrs later because it says "retired" Capt Glenn.

Was George's open 24/7 in 92 ? Because the sighting was at 0100-0300 supposedly and they didn't leave party south of town til 0:200 . George's closes at 0:200 AM currently on Saturday nights / Sunday mornings .

I have trouble with the notion the intruder hid in the closet for who knows how long while the girls got ready for bed . In additions you can't tell me on the Biggest night of her life and as close as mother and daughter were she didn't make a B line to discuss the nights activities . OR if she called ahead Sherril would not have waited up for her . Presumably only a couple people knew the girls were headed back to that house. Sans for the broken globe no sign of any struggle . This dosent lend to the theory they interrupted anyone . Or that a total stranger abducted three women to assault them at another location . That dosent match SG MO in the co Ed assault .
Early on in these threads there is information that was provided of a more compelling motive .
TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TT, which thread should I start with? I have read them all but it's been some time. I would need to familiarise myself with them again to look for other possible motives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those interested, the Delmar address is now for sale; past six days. Merely type in the address 1717 East Delmar Springfield Missouri in search engine and recent photographs of the residence are posted in Trulia. Appears to have been remodeled. Asking price is $94,500. Looks nice.

Wow. Imagine living there. If walls could talk.

ETA: it looks different to how I imaged. I see Suzie's old room is being used as an entertainment room now. It's a nice house. I would be curious to go view it if I lived there, just out of curiosity.

Will they let the potential new owners know of the history?

J, I don't know how Scotland's library system works, but here I was able to obtain a library card enabling me to use their newspaper archives free. The Kansas City Star, a newspaper located in Kansas City, MO, has good information about the crime. Our local paper, The Springfield News Leader has not been archived on line from that period.

There were daily briefings by Springfield Police after the crime occurred that include good info.

Has your book arrived?

A reporter who worked this case and with the News-Leader said that they didn't archive these until 1999 so all the early news articles will have to be accessed at the city library or somewhere else who may have them on file.

J, I don't know how Scotland's library system works, but here I was able to obtain a library card enabling me to use their newspaper archives free. The Kansas City Star, a newspaper located in Kansas City, MO, has good information about the crime. Our local paper, The Springfield News Leader has not been archived on line from that period.

There were daily briefings by Springfield Police after the crime occurred that include good info.

Has your book arrived?

Thank you for that. I am not sure either but will ask a friend who is a librarian.

Yes. I bought the kindle version. I feel like I learnt so,e valuable things from it that I didn't know before (such as the GGC Etc). Overall nothing groundbreaking but definitely thoughts to ponder. It has pretty much cemented my belief that a certain person was involved somehow.

I want to see anywhere.....anywhere at all where it was publically stated that Garrison, his "Supposed Brother Mike", Glen Sweet, and finally, Ricky Dykes were GGMC members. I just want to see one place that that information was publically stated in publically printed and distributed media.
Especially Mr. Dykes. Yea, based on his casenet files he may not be an angel, but I've never seen his name mentioned in the media at all.....speculative or otherwise.
So after reading he prologue of the book offed on Amazon, and seeing that he has overtly named several people, including Dykes, and made an effort to implicate them in the 3MW crime, and by way of being supposed GGMC members......I find that extremely reckless in the sense that, he's implied that Ricky Dykes had some involvement in the 3MW case, but there is no solid evidence that he was even a GGMC member. Garrison didn't even own a motorcycle, nor did he have a motorcycle endorsement.
I'll be surprised if Ricky Dykes doesn't find out that he's been named in a published book, as being a GGMC member, as well as having some connection to the 3WC.....without any one having any "Legally Solid Evidence" to refute any legal issue he may have with being accused, directly or indirectly.
Seems like an exceptionally slippery slope. Has no one else seen, realized, or cared for that matter about this obvious issue?

Not Bickering Jennibee......Just asking a very valid question.

I would love to hear you and Piasa's theories. I am open to other thoughts, etc.

Wow. Imagine living there. If walls could talk.

ETA: it looks different to how I imaged. I see Suzie's old room is being used as an entertainment room now. It's a nice house. I would be curious to go view it if I lived there, just out of curiosity.

Will they let the potential new owners know of the history?

Inside the front door the living room used to be much more open going back into the kitchen & dining area, etc. During one of the times the house has been remodeled that angular wall & door behind the living room couch was added to create a very small room to be used as an office or computer room; I guess that's what it's for. It's very small. There have been some other changes to create more of an enclosed dining & laundry areas from what it used to be.

Note these current pics don't show the door coming in from the carport or the door going out into the backyard with doggie door next to it (you can see that from the backyard pics). Makes me wonder if the door coming in from the carport has been enclosed & walled over. I don't know about that.

Suzie's room is rectangular in shape with straight walls & not so angular looking as it appears here because of the use of a wide angle lens, which also makes the room appear bigger. The back NW corner of the room has been boxed in to form a closet since 1992.

There have been other changes I think but they are just superficial.

Correction to my post above. The door coming in from the carport is the door seen with the blue fabric shade pulled down.

The difference in house prices between here (UK) and U.S. Is unreal. For that money here I wouldn't even get a one bedroom apartment. Sorry for the off-topic post!

Jennibee, since we're OT anyway I have to ask if you are a Sherlock Holmes fan, & if so have you seen the new film, "Mr. Holmes"? I know it opened in the UK last month; it finally opens here this weekend.

Hurricane I have not. I did plan to but it wasn't showing anywhere near me. You will have to let me know if you enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966