The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did he showed onwith her foot

And now we know it is seen much clearer in the courtroom than we have seen them on line. I could even see the sole of her shoe from the court photos. Chilling.

Imo, Martinez did it perfectly. The point was making it clear this last witness did not know Jodi Arias at all and he made his point very well.

I dont agree that he should have put in Travis' death photos instead. This was all about the Jodi she thought she knew so of course he showed her pics of Jody only as he should have imo.

The nude photos werent the Jodi she thought she knew.
The one of her in the sweatpants and shoe showing a bloody and dying Travis on the floor wasnt the Jodi she thought she knew.

If JM had just shown her photos of Travis' body she would then still say she just cant believe that Jodi would do something like that. With the photos he showed her she no longer could say that. He showed her not only that she didnt know JA but he showed her she did indeed kill Travis.

I thought it was a great ending.

I watched it again this morning. Perfect ending imo.

We're your new family now Laceybug. You have been assimilated.

Thank you!! I don't think that my family would have a problem with it. lol They *know* not to walk into the room when the trial is on. My daughter comes in from work and the first thing she asks is "What happened today?" I was sad to have to inform her that there is no court til the 29th. Sigh...

And I am then right in saying it was his right side nearer the shower door in the last alive photos of him?

The photos where he is sitting down in the shower show his back against the left side of the shower as you look into it from outside. It seems as if his right arm is up, maybe with his hand behind his head. His right leg appears to be crossed over his left leg. If someone shot him in that position, from a standing outside the shower position, the bullet could have entered just above his right eyebrow and would have traveled diagonally downward toward his left cheek.

Travis was left dead in the shower facing the opposite directection, his back was against the right side of the shower wall.

This was posted somewhere else, I hadn't seen this one yet. Kind of eerie to me.

250295_4961859962803_1348019667_n.jpg

And is that a VERY long knife in her right hand? :eek:hwow:

looks more like a dark colored sock than a shoe. It seems that it would be down the hall because of the light in the background coming from the bedroom windows. That pic is much better than what I have seen. foot looks small, too.

I've had the tv on and they just showed the items that were in the washer and there were small dark colored socks! Gave me the chills after being able to clearly see the picture today. Eeeeek!

I'm in Texas and I'm totally baffled at how few people know about this case/trial. They only place on tv that shows anything on this case is HLN and of course IS. There's no local coverage on it... nothing in the local papers. Im sure it's quite different there in AZ.
None of my friends know anything about it... I'm addicted!! lol My family has started avoiding me. lol I'm so thankful for this site!!

I am in Texas too and I knew of it way back in June of 2008 and was living in a small town at that time of less than 30,000 I really am surprised when I hear people say it has not received coverage.

Beth Karas states trial hiatus is to give defense more time to prepare its case, that is preposterous, they had four years, I guess they need time to try and pick apart the states case.

I am worried, does anyone know if the defense will ask for premeditation to be thrown out because DT feels the state failed to prove it, hence, this would mean judge would have to consider 2nd degree murder and/or manslaughter charges and LWOP/death penalty charge dropped as well. My heart aches at the thought.

Beth Karas states trial hiatus is to give defense more time to prepare its case, that is preposterous, they had four years, I guess they need time to try and pick apart the states case.

I am worried, does anyone know if the defense will ask for premeditation to be thrown out because DT feels the state failed to prove it, hence, this would mean judge would have to consider 2nd degree murder and/or manslaughter charges and LWOP/death penalty charge dropped as well. My heart aches at the thought.

I think the defense is scrambling to do anything at this point.

I'm a righty but looking at my 38 semi automatic pistol it looks like it wouldn't make a difference in pulling the trigger.

ETA: re earlier discussion of who keeps a pistol in the bath -- I do. Well, at least I sometimes do. Living alone after being widowed I sometimes tuck a pistol under a towel on the bathroom counter.
BBM I agree...
It's just that the gun is set up for right handers, loading. safety. etc
A little fyi
"The vast majority of firearms are designed for right-handed shooters, with the operating handle, magazine release, and/or safety mechanisms set up for manipulation by the right hand, and fired cartridge cases ejected to the right"

"shoot a right-handed gun left-handed (which presents certain difficulties, such as the controls being improperly located for the left hand or hot shell cases being ejected towards the shooter's body, especially the eyes or down the collar or right sleeve), "

"Bullpup rifles are particularly problematic for left-handers unless they can be reconfigured, since empty shells would be ejected straight into the shooter's face and cheek potentially causing injury"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bias_against_left-handed_people
If you are familiar with guns, seeing a left handed gun... ya get it.
Everything is backwards~

images

images

I wonder if in any of the 800 pages of text messages we haven't seen if there is even one of them where Travis tells her he loves her...you know like "okay, talk to you tomorrow, love you, "love you too".

Hello everyone.

It's the time of day to give my daily thanks to you all :) for all your posts and trial updates :)

Thank you also to the poster for linking the 48 hours programme on You Tube, you uploaded :) Much appreciated.

Oh - my reception job finished LOL. Damn it. Was hoping the this trial would filll my days (in between looking for jobs) but typical, now there is a break :(

Probably a good job the jurors are taking notes to look back on. Seems like this will be going on for a while.

Well I am still a day behind, so will start to read this thread from the start.

Have a great weekend fellow sleuthers and thanks again.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An automatic pistol is usually jammed by what is called "limp wristing". An auto weapon works by using the "kick" of the fired cartridge to force the slide at the top to slam back, opening the chamber and ejecting the spent shell casing and allowing the spring-fed next round to enter the chamber. If the shooter does not keep a firm wrist (common beginner technique), the force is absorbed in the wrist and not passed on to the slide, leaving too small a gap for the spent cartridge to fully eject. The wrist has acted like a shock absorber. Now the spent cartridge is stuck between the slide and the frame, keeping the next round from entering the chamber. Nothing happens until the slide is manually pulled back and the force of the spring pushes the next round up and the spent shell falls out.

Respectfully snipped for space.

So if she fired the gun with her left hand and held the camera in her right, that would make it more likely the gun would jam, than if she fired using both hands?

BTW: Thanks for the info on automatics. I'm more comfortable with my revolver than an automatic because its more 'idiot' proof. Does anyone know what other guns were at the grandparents house that were not taken.

Respectfully snipped for space.

So if she fired the gun with her left hand and held the camera in her right, that would make it more likely the gun would jam, than if she fired using both hands?

BTW: Thanks for the info on automatics. I'm more comfortable with my revolver than an automatic because its more 'idiot' proof. Does anyone know what other guns were at the grandparents house that were not taken.

which means she could have ejected that casing after the whole thing was over, yes?

It looks as if it was set on a timer. Her fingers are no where near the button. jmo
She took it in t he mirror...
This is the actual way she was holding the camera.

slide_272314_1933710_free.jpg

I have a feeling this case is going to become even more explosive with the defense. I think they are going to go for broke, put her on the stand. She'll claim she took the gun from her gparents for protection while traveling. They'll trash Travis,and the overkill will be explained by their experts who will say she has been quite manipulated, denigrated and abused... and the jury just might feel sorry enough for her to spare her life. She'll be found guilty of murder, but it just might be manslaughter or second degree murder...she isn't going to get death.

I'm gonna politely disagree with you, LC.

That is a Canon EOS camera. The logo is reversed. Her left hand is cupped around the pop-up flash. The command dial at the top is near the shutter release, which her right index finger is pushing. This is in a mirror.

Look at the logo again. If that says Canon, the C is nearest her right hand.

The EOS model identification is on the left front side of the body from the photographer's perspective, as seen here.

This does not appear to be on a timer, but released with her right index finger.

Thanks. I will have to agree with you because I know nothing about the newer models. I just thought that could have been a possibility. As I said my daughter is a lefty and has no problem taking pictures with her right hand. jmo

And I think I may be talked into the gunshot as first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncorliss52