The State Rests in the State v Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw 'gas cans' I thought I might be in the wrong thread, like a flashback. But it would make sense that Jodi would need to cove her tracks on the way to Arizona so as not to have to stop and buy gas. Maybe she thought she would be on video at the gas stations. Would love to know what receipts for gas show she purchased to fill up a Ford Focus.

My daughter (age 22 Sr in college) goes around all the time without cash. Makes me nervous. She always uses her card.

You hAve to nag her more! My dad is the only reason I always have emergency cash! The same $100 has been in my wallet for over two years now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am perplexed about the camera.

Did she intend to destroy the pics with the wash?

Seems from the shower pics she wanted them for something. Why the others?

Was it an accident putting the camera in the wash?

It is driving me bonkers.
Stop trying to understand the machinations of a madwoman, maybe? :biggrin:

Joking aside, my pet theory is she believed she'd deleted the pics manually from the camera maybe not realizing the internal camera memory and SD card memory are separate entities. (And also probably not knowing they'd be forensically retrievable.)

I think the camera was put in the wash quite purposefully to remove fingerprints and DNA. Don't ask me why she didn't just take the blessed thing with her though because I've stood on my head sideways trying to figure that one out with only a sore neck to show for it. ;)

Wow.
I'm really sorry I asked. I simply thought maybe there was an interesting interview or something I hadn't read about JA's past.
And I'm sorry I provided a link to what info I knew about diagnosing psychopathy - didn't know it would get me treated like this.
I can see I'm not welcome here.

You're very welcome here!

I flipped the photo, it's the mirror image, you can now read cannon on the camera, she is holding the camera in her right hand.

You can also sorta tell the one dimple she has made reference to on some site of hers, is on the right side of her face, you can notice it on most of her photos as well.
View attachment 29242

Of all her photos... this one disturbs me the most... Its just creepy!!

True, but think of it this way. Who is going to give all this information to the jury? The only person who is trashing TA is Jodi as if he deserved to die, but then she changes her testimony to how sweet a person he was....just controlling. We can see by the evidence she was very controlling. Two people in a relationship that are controlling don't last long but most do not end up dead. So who can they get to confirm what Jodi is saying when all of his friends say he was trying to get away from her. He expressed fear to friends that she would end up killing him. Defense opens that door the State is going to walk right in with it. jmo

But the jury is not sequestered and now has a fairly long break. I am not for one second believing they will respect admonishments not to discuss or research the case.

They are just as likely to read the same articles we have, watch the same 48 hours (where TA's own friends say he had several girls at the same time AND Skye says she does think TA was wrong for leading JA on by continuing the sex), and read the discussions we are having online.

And then, along with this info, they go back to court and are introduced to what may actually be factual evidence ( IDK, text messages, emails, etc) but amplified to make Travis look not just like a guy who was popular with women and had quite a few while still having Jodi as a sex partner, but as a guy who was actively pursuing Jodi.

I just think that it wouldn't be that hard to spin the ongoing sexual relationship that appears to have been consensual (except that last day, IMO. That just looked scary and weird), into one where Travis was the one hanging on to Jodi.

It really depends if the DT has any texts/emails to present, and if so, how they read or how they, the DT can twist them. But just based on the couple I HAVE read, I can totally see how JA might have thought TA still cared for her, even if only as a booty call.

Soooo, if someone like me, who thinks Jodi is a skeery and evil sociopath, can see how the situation wasn't so black and white, imagine if there is a juror who has been on the losing end of a relationship.......

I mean, I cannot see how she would walk like CA, but what if she does not get the full sentence she deserves? Yeesh!

Oh! And also, I wanted to say that nobody has to TRASH Travis. Just the statements of ex girlfriends and words of his own friends made him seem, IMO like a ladies man. Which again, is not trashing him, it just makes him real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulamith
Good point LambChop regarding no evidence of them having sex. I read somewhere that the Prosecution had pics of TA in an "excited" state which I read as an erection. (Can't remember where I read this) but he was not going to enter those pics into evidence. Still, if there were pics like that, it still does not prove vaginal intercourse.

On the other hand, IMOO, if JA wanted to blackmail TA, the nude pics would have been enough to get him into deep trouble with his church leaders. Even Masterbation is not allowed in the Mormon church. Nude pics are worse, to the church.

Just for reference LDS.org has a talk on the dangers of kissing, so IMO, JA had enough "goods" on TA just from the nude photos.

https://www.lds.org/new-era/2001/06/...ssing?lang=eng

Well there was the KY Jelly stuff on the bed.

I'm thinking there are several pics that LE has not released to the public.

I was wondering if there were pictures that havent been seen. I thought I read somewhere that he supposedly bent her over a table and had V-sex with her. I thought it odd that she made a point to bring up in the interrogation that she wasn't raped. I remember wondering WHY she would make a point of bringing that up. But then she seemed to chase a lot of rabbits in those interviews.

Do you have a source for this info?

I saw another thread where it was implied JA was shacked up with some guy @ the time she met TA. Is that true? Source?

Thanks!
Normally I wouldn't suggest social media for case info but these guys have done a superb job keeping up with media interviews and new news. (Somewhere there's an interview with another man who used to date Jodi.) Unfortunately much of what we know of Jodi is kinda sketchy - a couple of interviews scattered about, a few comments online from people who supposedly knew her and the like. There is a pic floating in the ether somewhere (but I could NOT find it - I really tried - of Jodi with her ex before Travis and that ex's little boy. Yeesh. Somebody allowed her around kids. I know they were together 4 years, the home they lived in was being foreclosed upon, and Jodi broke up with him just days after meeting Travis. A lot of peeps feel Jodi was 'trading up'.) HTH

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis

She probably followed aka stalked them when they left. IMO

Probably helping the defense out trying to get their mistrial. Whatever it takes!

After reading the court minutes I said. Linda7NJ rolls eyes hard @ 1:45 am. Lol

LoL.. More people on WS should speak in the third person... (suggested Lotus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulamith
Good point LambChop regarding no evidence of them having sex. I read somewhere that the Prosecution had pics of TA in an "excited" state which I read as an erection. (Can't remember where I read this) but he was not going to enter those pics into evidence. Still, if there were pics like that, it still does not prove vaginal intercourse.

On the other hand, IMOO, if JA wanted to blackmail TA, the nude pics would have been enough to get him into deep trouble with his church leaders. Even Masterbation is not allowed in the Mormon church. Nude pics are worse, to the church.

Just for reference LDS.org has a talk on the dangers of kissing, so IMO, JA had enough "goods" on TA just from the nude photos.

https://www.lds.org/new-era/2001/06/...ssing?lang=eng

I was wondering if there were pictures that havent been seen. I thought I read somewhere that he supposedly bent her over a table and had V-sex with her. I thought it odd that she made a point to bring up in the interrogation that she wasn't raped. I remember wondering WHY she would make a point of bringing that up. But then she seemed to chase a lot of rabbits in those interviews.

I don't believe we've seen ALL the pics.

But the jury is not sequestered and now has a fairly long break. I am not for one second believing they will respect admonishments not to discuss or research the case.

They are just as likely to read the same articles we have, watch the same 48 hours (where TA's own friends say he had several girls at the same time AND Skye says she does think TA was wrong for leading JA on by continuing the sex), and read the discussions we are having online.

And then, along with this info, they go back to court and are introduced to what may actually be factual evidence ( IDK, text messages, emails, etc) but amplified to make Travis look not just like a guy who was popular with women and had quite a few while still having Jodi as a sex partner, but as a guy who was actively pursuing Jodi.

I just think that it wouldn't be that hard to spin the ongoing sexual relationship that appears to have been consensual (except that last day, IMO. That just looked scary and weird), into one where Travis was the one hanging on to Jodi.

It really depends if the DT has any texts/emails to present, and if so, how they read or how they, the DT can twist them. But just based on the couple I HAVE read, I can totally see how JA might have thought TA still cared for her, even if only as a booty call.

Soooo, if someone like me, who thinks Jodi is a skeery and evil sociopath, can see how the situation wasn't so black and white, imagine if there is a juror who has been on the losing end of a relationship.......

I mean, I cannot see how she would walk like CA, but what if she does not get the full sentence she deserves? Yeesh!

Oh! And also, I wanted to say that nobody has to TRASH Travis. Just the statements of ex girlfriends and words of his own friends made him seem, IMO like a ladies man. Which again, is not trashing him, it just makes him real.

Ladies man, maybe. Horny young guy, for sure. But that to me has nothing to do with him being violent , her being in fear of her life and having to kill him to defend herself. I DO have concerns about the jury and the long break though.

Men take pics of themselves like that all the time !

Lol...

IMO in the naked flaccid Travis pics. He looks like he just "finished" to me.

Not drugged, just spent.

You don't think maybe JA spiked his beverage with something so that she could lower his inhibitions and get him to have sex with her again even after he had severed his relationship to her once and for all?

And maybe whatever she gave him made him a little easier to attack and kill?

She is awfully small, he supposedly feared her and wanted no more to do with her and did not expect her visit, and he looks a total mess in those pics. Why would he have sex with that scary, um, woman? Unless he wasn't exactly himself?

I'm not married to it, but I think it's awfully possible.

I do it all the time too. I keep $100 cash in my purse at all times, for an emergency, I never touch it. Use my debit card for everything.

The only time a carry any cash is if I know I'm going to be travelling to a remote area or in Mexico. I figure I can always find an atm in any populated area if I need one and if my card is lost or stolen, no worries. But if my cash is lost or stolen, it's just gone. Plus, a $100 bill would last like 3 seconds in my wallet lol Something about tangible cash that compels me to spend it :blushing:

Were you able to read them? What was the complaint?

Don't know what the complaint was other than juror misconduct and Jodi's mom made it. Jurors would be asked individually.

Ladies man, maybe. Horny young guy, for sure. But that to me has nothing to do with him being violent , her being in fear of her life and having to kill him to defend herself. I DO have concerns about the jury and the long break though.

Oh, no WAY the self-defense BS will fly. But is there any way the jury would lean towards anything less than 1st degree, even with all the evidence pointing to premeditation?

And I am glad I'm not the only one wigging out about this break!

Don't know what the complaint was other than juror misconduct and Jodi's mom made it. Jurors would be asked individually.

Way to go, Mom. That will probably win Jodi a couple of points with the jury. JA's attorney wants a mistrial because stalking was mentioned and now the jury probably feels like they are being stalked. I can see a juror thinking that they guess some things do run in families. jmo

No offense, but who takes a picture of a man when his penis is ERECT?

I mean if it is consensual, cool.

But those photos do not look consensual. TA looks hurt or drugged and I am not seeing how his flaccid penis (bright red, though, weird) is any creepier than if it were erect.

If the photos were consensual and TA was in to it, then I apologize. They just look as though TA was not a willing participant.

Look, I'm gonna be honest and admit that I am not buying the Saint Travis view. I think he was a guy. Like a ton of other guys. His MS is full of pics of him with very pretty girls, and comments from girls playfully (?) arguing over who TA is referring to when he makes a comment.

He obviously did not think JA was marriage material. But Lisa felt the same way about Travis.

Mormonism aside, I think TA was not so different from alot of up and coming young professional guys. They hook up with girls they think are "hot" and often they are "talking" to several girls at once. I do think TA met quite a fee of his girls through the PPL network, going by the comments of TA's former boss.

My point is that TA is a victim. And he is a victim without having to repackage him as some beacon of virtue. I honestly think he likely told his friends he had totally cut things off with JA and yet he was still egging her on with suggestive texts and phone calls.

Does that make him evil? No! Deserving of the fate JA delivered? No! Would I want my daughter to date him? No!

So here's what, if I feel that way after only seeing the PT case, imagine how a jury member with a mindset similar to mine may feel after hearing the DT's case, which will not just portray TA's weaknesses/faults, but twist them and make him look way worse than just a player.

I really worry that it may affect how the jury looks at JA's evil rage.....and it shouldn't, but what if a juror had the painful experience of being kind of strung along and ultimately replaced?

Even though normal people don't resort to stalking and brutal murder when hurt by love, might a juror have doubts about 1st degree because of TA's other women? Even his friends admit he had other "women", plural.

Maybe it is just CA trial trauma, but I am just sick thinking that this awful woman might get some reduced charge based on a juror being able to identify at least in part by dating a "player".

No flames, please. I am not slamming a victim. I am just calling em as I sees em. And that combined with this long break makes me bite my nails.

I agree with all you said with one exception. When I was young I had my heart ripped out a couple times. But it NEVER occurred to me to hurt the guy physically because I am not a psychopath so I fail to see how any juror could feel sorry for Jodi. I have two daughters and two sons. I would tell them all the same thing. Get over it! Go forward! And praise God you didn't end up with him/her. But Jodi couldn't think that way. Like I said...psychopath!

You don't think maybe JA spiked his beverage with something so that she could lower his inhibitions and get him to have sex with her again even after he had severed his relationship to her once and for all?

And maybe whatever she gave him made him a little easier to attack and kill?

She is awfully small, he supposedly feared her and wanted no more to do with her and did not expect her visit, and he looks a total mess in those pics. Why would he have sex with that scary, um, woman? Unless he wasn't exactly himself?

I'm not married to it, but I think it's awfully possible.
I think it's a very interesting theory that goes a long way to explain why he hooked up with her after (from what I've heard) was a pretty harsh break up just the week before. Judging just by the autopsy photos though I believe Jodi to be truly capable of anything.

I wonder if toxicology was considered routine...but even if they did find something could they have proven she gave it to him? :waitasec:

I carry no cash ever unless I expect I'm going to need it for a specific purpose. I travelled yesterday and paid for every single thing on my debit card, including a single orange juice in the a.m., a single coffee while there, and water and a chapstick on the way back. So putting french fries/water on a debit card doesn't strike me as odd at all.

Maybe I'm of the "Old School" but I'm not comfortable without some cash in case of emergencies. Believe it or not some people in out of the way places deal only in cash. In case if a vehicle breakdown or an emergency of any nature I've found that cash can at least get you to a bank or garage or doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne