The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
is it possible she shot him, he passed out but didn't die, she began cleaning up thinking he was dead, saved the gun etc. at some point he came too "maybe walking around confused because of the wound to his head" and startled her! She ran got the knife "could have been his knife" and began stabbing him. This would explain a lot..why she didn't just keep shooting him "gun wasn't near", why leave the cam "forgot about it after the frenzy" ...what do you all think?

I mean this respectfully and Im just posting off of your post since you mentioned it but I truly dont understand the opinions held of the shot coming first. Is it because some believe the woman on trial that has told a thousand lies with a straight face? Is that who some are believing? :waitasec:

What is the reason that the ME is not believed? Or do some seem to think he is inept and unable to do his duties properly even though he has been a ME for 20 years?

For me he was crystal clear when he said that the head shot came last and even gave overwhelming findings to support it. He said it would go through his temporal lobe of his brain.

If she had already slit his throat from ear to ear severing all arteries where the large amount of blood is he would have bled out profusely when that happened and quickly. Dr. Horn said he would die shortly after the slitting of the throat. There would be no blood pumping to the brain and head when he was shot last. By the time after his throat was slit (leaving him almost decapitated) he would have no blood pressure to pump the blood to the brain which supports why very little blood was found around the gunshot.

Maybe I just dont understand the theory of him being shot in the head first or what the evidence was that has been entered in trial that supports this theory.:waitasec:

Does anyone really believe that Jodi Arias is a humane murderer based upon all the evidence that has been entered to the contrary?

It was asked and answered, there were no knives missing from Travis's. iirc it was a juror question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. That was in my post. Nothing else, though, correct?

Ok, to open an entirely new can of worms, what if Jodi said----"I want to end this trial, admit to killing him and tell everyone exactly what happened from beginning to end." She then lays out her whole plan, giving all the details, answering all the questions about dying her hair, gas cans, license plates, her plan to kill Travis, how the murder happened, where she dumped the clothes and evidence, everything. Would she escape the death penalty for cooperating at this point? Would she have escaped it by cooperating in the beginning. Could she have struck a deal by saying "I'll confess and answer all questions, but I want Life in Prison (no parole) instead of the DP?

All that is up to the prosecution. The defendant can't make a deal that isn't offered.

MOO

Got to rush out, but promise I'll keep thinking about this while driving.

See, I think it does matter how the jurors see the relationship between Jodi and Travis. How she reacted so quickly when she thought he was going to abuse her again. They've already made it sound like Travis was all for her coming over so he could use her, and that he was such a horn-dog. I see (unlinked) rumors floating he broke her finger.

I appreciate your confidence that it's all slam dunk. I'm just trying to anticipate how Defense can twist this.

Yes the relationship between Travis and Jodi matters and no I did not say it was a slam dunk. I pointed out the parts of the case that are not in dispute said opined the state's case has the elements of the crime and the evidence is there to prove those elements.

What proof is there that Travis ever abused Jodi, let alone "abused her again?" We have Jodi on camera more than once, saying Travis is a wonderful guy and she was not abused by him. Sure, she and her team can say anything they want, but where's the proof of the assertion? Or is no proof needed and if Jodi says it then a jury will surely believe her?

If it makes you feel better to believe all murder cases involving a young pathological liar female are similar to Casey Anthony's case and thus all juries from here on out will be just like the P12, then there's nothing else to be said. There's no evidence that is the case but feelings and fear are not easily countered by facts.

I am still floored at how she managed to get out of the bathroom and bedroom without tons of bloody evidence everywhere. Even if I planned out a crime I would have to write out the steps and be well prepared because you just never know what will end up going down. As bloody as that crime scene was, she left very little evidence in the way of blood evidence outside the actual scene. Can anyone explain to me how she might have done that? Everything she needed had to have been within arm reach of the bathroom door because there are no bloody foot prints going across the bedroom or thru the closet.

She stripped out of her bloody clothes, rinsed off while standing on top of a dead Travis.changed her clothes,...ended up tossing her bloody stuff and the knife & on the back seats of the rent a car?

I thought about that because of her mentioning the Sopranos. I kept thinking about the time Tony killed Ralph Cifaretto (Joe Pantoliano) and then he and Christopher dismembered him in the bathtub (putting his head in a bowling bag). That was the closest I could come up with. There are so many more though....there must be a close fit.

I just went searching for that exact episode. It's the closest I could think of as well. Very not similar to a hit imo -- even a tv hit.

I didn't know it all happened in 90 seconds..

based upon the time stamps on the pics - of the last pic of him alive - the pic of the ceiling - then the pic of him on the floor w/ his throat slashed (the one w/ the foot in the pic) - from start to finish is around 1.5 to 2 min or so - i can't remember exact time w/ out looking it up

I just went searching for that exact episode. It's the closest I could think of as well. Very not similar to a hit imo -- even a tv hit.

No, it was not a planned hit. It was a crime of passion. Tony went there to talk to him about something and when he realized Ralphie torched the stable where Pie o' Mine (My?) lived, he blew a gasket and killed him (strangled?).

All that is up to the prosecution. The defendant can't make a deal that isn't offered.

MOO

And I have read that Juan Martinez rarely pleas cases. He is never going to plea this one either. He has too much overwhelming evidence against this defendant. More than I have seen entered in a trial that I can remember lately.

IMO

based upon the time stamps on the pics - of the last pic of him alive - the pic of the ceiling - then the pic of him on the floor w/ his throat slashed (the one w/ the foot in the pic) - from start to finish is around 1.5 to 2 min or so - i can't remember exact time w/ out looking it up

i see that as a problem for the defense too. in that length of time, which we know is accurate, how much of a battle could the 2 of them have had if he initiated an attack on her with his wet, naked, unarmed self? she was a busy girl during that short time----stabbing, chasing, cutting his throat, dragging him, shooting him, putting him in the shower.

how much time did his 'attack' on her take up anyway? when was there even time for it? because for self-defense, his initial attack on her---so serious that she feared for her life---had to have been more than just lunging at her or something like that. lunging doesn't give you the right to lethal self defense.

I thought about that because of her mentioning the Sopranos. I kept thinking about the time Tony killed Ralph Cifaretto (Joe Pantoliano) and then he and Christopher dismembered him in the bathtub (putting his head in a bowling bag). That was the closest I could come up with. There are so many more though....there must be a close fit.

Huge fan here too, nothing close that I recall. Even when Janice, Tony's sister killed it was nothing like Jodi. Must be the old stand by Hitchcock's Psycho

No, it was not a planned hit. It was a crime of passion. Tony went there to talk to him about something and when he realized Ralphie torched the stable where Pie o' Mine (My?) lived, he blew a gasket and killed him (strangled?).

Yes, sorry. I was thinking more in terms of the disposal in that case. Removing the head and dismembering to get rid of the evidence of who it was.

Laughing that you remember the name of the horse! I loved the Sopranos. Made me feel like home lol

Got to rush out, but promise I'll keep thinking about this while driving.

See, I think it does matter how the jurors see the relationship between Jodi and Travis. How she reacted so quickly when she thought he was going to abuse her again. They've already made it sound like Travis was all for her coming over so he could use her, and that he was such a horn-dog. I see (unlinked) rumors floating he broke her finger.

I appreciate your confidence that it's all slam dunk. I'm just trying to anticipate how Defense can twist this.

Yeah, personally I am not digging the broken finger rumor that continues to remain unlinked.

Question..i live in canada..and everyday i see news about this case on a french tv channel.i go on google i see the news..i go on fb i see this about it..i go on cnn i see stuff about it..i think the jury saw stuff about this case..

pic in bath looking down - 5:24 (pics up to this one were right in a row)

face/eyes pic - no time stamp

sitting/slumped pic - no time stamp

ceiling pic - no time stamp

her shoe/him - 5:32

#no time stamps on pics I've seen.

Making a determination that no knives were missing doesn't compute with me. Knives don't always have to be part of a set. I have a few knives that are just spares, one or two I picked up here or there.

I have a ton of kitchen knives, even I wouldn't know if one or three were missing. ( unless they were my favorites)
But Travis being young probably had a set and his roommates probably familiar with the set. Id bet it was a block that sits on his counter too.

I mean this respectfully and Im just posting off of your post since you mentioned it but I truly dont understand the opinions held of the shot coming first. Is it because some believe the woman on trial that has told a thousand lies with a straight face? Is that who some are believing? :waitasec:

What is the reason that the ME is not believed? Or do some seem to think he is inept and unable to do his duties properly even though he has been a ME for 20 years?

For me he was crystal clear when he said that the head shot came last and even gave overwhelming findings to support it. He said it would go through his temporal lobe of his brain.

If she had already slit his throat from ear to ear severing all arteries where the large amount of blood is he would have bled out profusely when that happened and quickly. Dr. Horn said he would die shortly after the slitting of the throat. There would be no blood pumping to the brain and head when he was shot last. By the time after his throat was slit (leaving him almost decapitated) he would have no blood pressure to pump the blood to the brain which supports why very little blood was found around the gunshot.

Maybe I just dont understand the theory of him being shot in the head first or what the evidence was that has been entered in trial that supports this theory.:waitasec:

Does anyone really believe that Jodi Arias is a humane murderer based upon all the evidence that has been entered to the contrary?

Hi it's not that I don't believe the ME, it's just that it doesn't make sense to me, if she went there with the Gun to kill him then why stab him first? It would be easier to just shoot him. Also after all the stabbings and cutting his throat why shoot him after all that it seems pointless to do that? I'm just trying to make sense of it all. It's all so darn confusing!!! Driving me nuts!! Also and i'm not saying I believe her but when she said I wouldn't stab him, i'd shoot him. It just sticks with me almost like it's something she "had" to do because the gun was no longer near her.. I hope she doesn't get off because I do believe she's guilty but with so many unanswered questions and doubt it's just scary that she may walk.

That was one of my favorite episodes! Tony loved that horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member