The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he certainly wasn't the one who traveled hundreds of miles in a white rental car with a stolen gun.........however, he did allow her into his home, spent hours with her with evidence of them in some type of sexual encounter, and then he was killed. It does leave some gaps whereby someone could say something went horribly wrong during that time, as opposed to another scenario where she entered his house while asleep and murdered him without him even knowing an intruder was there.

MOO

I still don't believe some of it.

Did he really allow her into his home?

What sexual encounter? The pics don't show them together at all. She could have taken pics of her nude self, and pics of Travis unaware in his bedroom. All I know is those pics don't show a sexual encounter.

Then, there's shower pics she claims he wanted her to take, where he looks unaware she's there.

For all I know, she could have held a gun to him the entire time and made him get in that shower.

I am still floored at how she managed to get out of the bathroom and bedroom without tons of bloody evidence everywhere. Even if I planned out a crime I would have to write out the steps and be well prepared because you just never know what will end up going down. As bloody as that crime scene was, she left very little evidence in the way of blood evidence outside the actual scene. Can anyone explain to me how she might have done that? Everything she needed had to have been within arm reach of the bathroom door because there are no bloody foot prints going across the bedroom or thru the closet.

for all we know, she got in that shower WITH him after he was dead, to wash herself off. then padded to the bedroom to get fresh clothes.

I guess Jodi, with her almost 6 pack, got the best of him in a life and death wrestling match!

That's exactly why I have a hard time seeing Jodi attempt to stab him first...

Even caught off guard, my hubby could easily disarm me if I came at him with a knife. And use it on me!

And I've been taught by my well trained hubby that you shouldn't expect to kill an intruder with a .25...unless you are right up against them AND can get off multiple shots. Especially if the only shot is a glancing blow across the face. Bloody, yes (sink, coughing, sneezing), but mostly from sinuses out...and probably NOT totally incapacitating.

JMO FWIW

I still don't believe some of it.

Did he really allow her into his home?

What sexual encounter? The pics don't show them together at all. She could have taken pics of her nude self, and pics of Travis unaware in his bedroom. All I know is those pics don't show a sexual encounter.

Then, there's shower pics she claims he wanted her to take, where he looks unaware she's there.

For all I know, she could have held a gun to him the entire time and made him get in that shower.

She is not charged with breaking and entering so that's a moot point. She is charged with first degree murder and/or felony murder. She got in his house. He allowed her to stay for some period of time. They were together for many hours. None of that is disputed. They were each nude and in front of TA's camera that afternoon--also not disputed. There are time stamped pictures that proved this.

Regardless of what else one believes happened of how TA got in the shower, his state of mind, whether he was annoyed or scared or whoKnowsWhat, she killed him. That is not in dispute. Photographic evidence disproves self-defense as a reason for stabbing him 27+ times, shooting him and slicing his throat ear to ear.

It doesn't matter which part of the story anyone believes. It doesn't matter if TA knew she was taking pictures or didn't. She is not charged with illegal taking of pictures. She is not charged with "surprising him with a camera flash." The salient facts of the case are not in dispute. The only thing that defense is trying to say is that Jodi killed in self-defense. They will fail in their attempt to prove this...because....there is no proof of this.

That's exactly why I have a hard time seeing Jodi attempt to stab him first...

Even caught off guard, my hubby could easily disarm me if I came at him with a knife. And use it on me!

And I've been taught by my well trained hubby that you shouldn't expect to kill an intruder with a .25...unless you are right up against them AND can get off multiple shots. Especially if the only shot is a glancing blow across the face. Bloody, yes (sink, coughing, sneezing), but mostly from sinuses out...and probably NOT totally incapacitating.

JMO FWIW

idk if he was tired - if they really did stay up all nite - in the shower and since she makes her demeanor so helpless - if he has his back to her or she says close your eyes i have a surprise i think a solid stab in the back or chest could easily incapacitate him to the point she could continue w/ out much battling back?

I can totally understand this. I have had a lot of people say I don't care what Travis did he did not deserve to die and I tell them, I am not saying that he deserved to die but his actions innocent or not play into why she did what she did and I can't wait to see te defense will show.

It is like Detective Flores said.........Travis Alexander would be alive today if he had never met Jodi Arias. That was his fatal mistake even meeting her. He could have had a thousand relationships with other girls and he would be alive today, imo.

Its not about what he did. He is a victim and not on trial and in our justice system the state doesn't just represent victims who are totally innocent in every facet of their lives anyway. No one is perfect unless they are small children but they are victims and that will never change.

He did nothing to cause his brutal horrendous death. Nothing. Millions of young people have had sexual relationships with someone and they go their seperate ways after the break up and get on with their lives like Travis was trying to do with his without this horrid individual in it. He knew he had made a mistake and he was trying to right that wrong but JA would not have it. Nope, she was going to come to his home uninvited once again anyway and stalk him one more time before she visciously and cruely murdered him.

It is ALL about what JA DID to an ex who tried to escape her death grip.:furious:

Could Jodi have attempted to stab him first? Sure, why not? Maybe she attempted it but wasn't able to do it first. Maybe she did it 2nd. Does it matter? If yes it does matter, why does it matter? Travis had defensive injuries to his hands, he was stabbed in the back and in the back of his head and in many places. How does this change the case? (it doesn't).

I think some are getting all caught up in the defense team argument that it somehow does matter because (according to their argument) if the detective said he was shot first and the M.E. said no he wasn't, that in some way changes the crime into something else.

It doesn't. They are trying to argue that it does. But it doesn't change the crime. The crime is still ruled as "heinous and cruel" no matter what order the wounds were inflicted.

for all we know, she got in that shower WITH him after he was dead, to wash herself off. then padded to the bedroom to get fresh clothes.

I knew that, I was thinking about walking thru the blood and handling the bloody items she had to dispose of which is what has been explained to me already. thanks

idk if he was tired - if they really did stay up all nite - in the shower and since she makes her demeanor so helpless - if he has his back to her or she says close your eyes i have a surprise i think a solid stab in the back or chest could easily incapacitate him to the point she could continue w/ out much battling back?

In the orange jump suit interview with Flores she says she got an idea for photos from a calvin klein ad she saw and wanted to try it out (or something very similar).

This is a very plausible scenario. We know she's a liar, but he has a new camera, and I can imagine her saying "I want to take pictures of you like in the calvin klein ad I saw". And this would give her reason to "direct" him. After taking four or five of her directions she surprises him with the attack. I guess the "hiding in the closet taking secret pictures" theory didn't feel right to me.

And now that we know that bathroom had two doors leading out, she had more chance of "escaping him" if that was to be her claim.IMO.

Could Jodi have attempted to stab him first? Sure, why not? Maybe she attempted it but wasn't able to do it first. Maybe she did it 2nd. Does it matter? If yes it does matter, why does it matter? Travis had defensive injuries to his hands, he was stabbed in the back and in the back of his head and in many places. How does this change the case? (it doesn't).

Yes, it's beginning to make my head spin. I just had a thought though that the stabbing and neck slashing probably occurred concurrently. It is even more unlikely she went from knife to gun back to knife, it's either gun/knife/knife or knife/knife/gun. I think I better stop participating in this debate:what:

I think some are getting all caught up in the defense team argument that it somehow does matter because (according to their argument) if the detective said he was shot first and the M.E. said no he wasn't, that in some way changes the crime into something else.

It doesn't. They are trying to argue that it does. But it doesn't change the crime. The crime is still ruled as "heinous and cruel" no matter what order the wounds were inflicted.

I agree, and feel relieved to stop worrying this bone.

It takes time for the brain to process what is happening before the body can react to what is taking place. He did not have those seconds to lose imo. A stab to the heart would come out of no where at lightning speed. He did not have time to react until he was already stabbed in the chest and imo he stumbled out of the shower stunned and bleeding.

is it possible she shot him, he passed out but didn't die, she began cleaning up thinking he was dead, saved the gun etc. at some point he came too "maybe walking around confused because of the wound to his head" and startled her! She ran got the knife "could have been his knife" and began stabbing him. This would explain a lot..why she didn't just keep shooting him "gun wasn't near", why leave the cam "forgot about it after the frenzy" ...what do you all think?

Ok, to open an entirely new can of worms, what if Jodi said----"I want to end this trial, admit to killing him and tell everyone exactly what happened from beginning to end." She then lays out her whole plan, giving all the details, answering all the questions about dying her hair, gas cans, license plates, her plan to kill Travis, how the murder happened, where she dumped the clothes and evidence, everything. Would she escape the death penalty for cooperating at this point? Would she have escaped it by cooperating in the beginning. Could she have struck a deal by saying "I'll confess and answer all questions, but I want Life in Prison (no parole) instead of the DP?

I saw some of these on a TV show, but did not continue watching it.

I wonder if any of this is coordinated with the work of Piaget and that of others such as Margaret Mead's daughter- I have forgotten her name. As well as that of Erik Erikson and all of those studies done with attachment with the monkeys. Forget that name as well.

Things go in trends. In spite of Piaget, we insist on teaching reading at a young age. In Scandinavian countries they do not start until age 7 .

We leave babies in containers a lot. (Car seats, play pend, etc) . It was considered spoiling at one time to respond to infant's cries.

A lot of cultures sleep with their children. Here it is considered weird and dangerous and it has been because of suffocation.

Anyway, I do not believe an infant is born evil. We need socialization. Think Lord of the Flies. That is what adults are for.

When conscience begins-- who was that that did those stages? we leave the concrete and go to the abstract.

But all of this aside, I go with, " God does not creat junk."

It is we that choose what we make of ourselves as we grow and develop. We have choices.

IMO god creates junk all the time. Any genetic defect or abnormality is junk if its not an improvement to the species.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is it possible she shot him, he passed out but didn't die, she began cleaning up thinking he was dead, saved the gun etc. at some point he came too "maybe walking around confused because of the wound to his head" and startled her! She ran got the knife "could have been his knife" and began stabbing him. This would explain a lot..why she didn't just keep shooting him "gun wasn't near", why leave the cam "forgot about it after the frenzy" ...what do you all think?

The entire crime took place in 90 seconds or possibly less. No time for her to start cleaning up. No time for anything. There is no evidence of him passing out first and if he did, why would she be stabbing him and when was he able to get to the sink area? And then how did he get down the hall for her to slash his throat and her drag him back (again, all happening in that 90 seconds)?

Additionally, when she was stabbing him 9 times in the back, she was "defending" herself from an attack. His BACK was to her, meaning she just had to turn around and run away. By stabbing him in the back she is an (arguably) aggressive position.

He must have kept repeatedly backing into to her with his body attempting to disarm her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member