The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I have been reading here for a long time, but I don't post normally. I just like reading everyone's opinions.

I have to say, I don't believe this story about TA breaking JA's finger. On a hunch, I went back and looked at the video of JA singing in that jail competition (with the sound off!).

I noticed that in several different places in that video - she clearly grips the microphone stand with BOTH hands several different times! Where is her finger that was broken so badly that it won't bend?

Also, I don't see how anyone could not think it was premeditated. Premeditation can happen in a second(s). I can guarantee you right now, I do not have a gun or a knife in any of my bathrooms! She admitted she killed him, supposedly in self defense. 26 stab wounds with 9 of them in the back, a slit throat and a shot to the head are NOT self defense.

She clearly brought the weapons with her to kill him, she had to have. He was clearly stabbed, had his throat slit and shot, so both a gun and knife were used - he didn't have a gun and no knives were missing from his home, therefore, she brought the weapons since she admitted to killing him. Why else would she bring a gun and a knife if not to murder him? Even if she says she brought the weapons on the trip for supposed protection, why did she bring it into the bathroom?? Makes no sense.

I believe she went there to give him another chance to change his mind about Cancun. When he didn't and said he wanted her to leave, she got dressed and killed him. I think he did something or made some sort of noise after she got him in the shower that led her to believe he was not dying so she shot him in the head to make sure he died. Then she threw in the laundry and left.

Glad your posting! Hope to see you doing much more of it:) I agree with everything you said, only exception. I think, He was gonna die that day no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gun for me too because I'd figure I could shoot him before he could get it away from me. With a knife, I'd be afraid I'd end up getting stabbed.

Very true. One can put a little distance between themselves and the victim; a knife is too up-close and personal.....and too much work.

MOO

Ok, to open an entirely new can of worms, what if Jodi said----"I want to end this trial, admit to killing him and tell everyone exactly what happened from beginning to end." She then lays out her whole plan, giving all the details, answering all the questions about dying her hair, gas cans, license plates, her plan to kill Travis, how the murder happened, where she dumped the clothes and evidence, everything. Would she escape the death penalty for cooperating at this point? Would she have escaped it by cooperating in the beginning. Could she have struck a deal by saying "I'll confess and answer all questions, but I want Life in Prison (no parole) instead of the DP?

I don't think a deal was ever on the table and seeing they've prepared for FOUR years for this trial and it's in the home stretch I don't see any benefit to the State to offer or accept a deal. I think this is why we're here. They see her as "the worst of the worst" and expect her to be punished accordingly.

Now Jodi could stop the proceedings and stick by her "I'd ask for the death penalty" right now I think if she agreed to do all of the above you just said and just pass Go and head straight to Death Row.

But a sociopath's never gonna do that.

She is not charged with breaking and entering so that's a moot point. She is charged with first degree murder and/or felony murder. She got in his house. He allowed her to stay for some period of time. They were together for many hours. None of that is disputed. They were each nude and in front of TA's camera that afternoon--also not disputed. There are time stamped pictures that proved this.

Regardless of what else one believes happened of how TA got in the shower, his state of mind, whether he was annoyed or scared or whoKnowsWhat, she killed him. That is not in dispute. Photographic evidence disproves self-defense as a reason for stabbing him 27+ times, shooting him and slicing his throat ear to ear.

It doesn't matter which part of the story anyone believes. It doesn't matter if TA knew she was taking pictures or didn't. She is not charged with illegal taking of pictures. She is not charged with "surprising him with a camera flash." The salient facts of the case are not in dispute. The only thing that defense is trying to say is that Jodi killed in self-defense. They will fail in their attempt to prove this...because....there is no proof of this.

Plus we do not know what time she arrived, nor how she got in, only that she was there around 1pm. She has told so many lies and has people chasing their tails trying to figure out what is true and what's a lie when the main focus should be on those 2 or 3 minutes in the bathroom and what makes sense about what happened. Wounds on the back, hands and neck tells us all it was not self defense. jmo

I said the same thing, then someone here directed me to look at vaginal rejuvenation before and after pics on google! Gasp!

You've been warned....don't do it!

I can't , I just can't, but this darn curious mind of mine wants to see but I won't do it!!!

I mean obviously there were no follow-up threatening notes from the intruders because there were no intruders. But it's just mind-blowing the way she continued to lie and come up with new details.

I'd really like to know when she was appointed counsel. I can't imagine she was doing these interviews and spinning these unbelievable tales while she had legal representation.

P.S. I think he former female counsel (can't remember her name) withdrew because she could not go alone with Jodi's instructions to try to have fake letters admitted and to come up with yet another unbelievable story of self defense. The hearing on the attorney's motion to withdraw was sealed -- probably because it would be prejudicial to Jodi's case for there to be a public record of her attorney saying Jodi is lying and fabricating evidence.

I wish one of our reporters on the scene could get to the bottom of that story.

Lol! I love this time of day we all start drinking wine and our truths come out!

Wish I could drink my Wine my darn opener broke and I refuse to go out and get another at this time of nite.

Re the supposed 'broken finger' I believe I might have been the first to post it here. Do I believe it? NO.

I posted it to show what garbage is floating around and give a hint of what we can expect from the defense. It is going to be brutal. We may all need therapy after they tear TA to shreds.

Sorry if I offended.

Very true. One can put a little distance between themselves and the victim; a knife is too up-close and personal.....and too much work.

MOO

IMO Jodi's ....Sweeny Todd like throat slashing proves to me that she enjoyed that knife very very much.

So I ask the ladies:

You HAVE to kill a healthy, in-shape male.
You have a .25 caliber gun and a combat knife.
You can not kill him in his sleep (he will not go to sleep for some reason)
You decide to kill him as he is in the shower while you take pics of him.

***What weapon do you use?

I think your questions would be better directed toward a sociopathic killer population who process in their own unique style of evil-think. She inflicted all of those knife wounds FOR A REASON. And the reason was not just killing him. It was for her own satisfaction.

The way I see it, the gun was more like some kind of insurance or way to control the situation but she really wanted to slaughter him up close and personal.

I think your questions would be better directed toward a sociopathic killer population who think in their own unique of evil-think. She inflicted all of those knife wounds FOR A REASON. And the reason was not just killing him. It was for her own satisfaction.

The way I see it, the gun was more like some kind of insurance or way to control the situation but she really wanted to slaughter him up close and personal.

Not to me... I think the stabs were all to stop him. He was escaping down the hall. The final throat slash was just that. Nothing completely stopped him until that wound IMO.

Is that why everyone is so danged mean at night?

I rarely drink, but tonight I'm on pain meds because I fell down some stairs today, so watch out! :rocker:

Not hardly, a glass or two of wine .., I'm twirling my bra over my head like a helicopter propeller .... No one needs that!

I think Jodi had a murder kit.. complete with knife, gun, bags to clean up, and change of clothes.

:moo:

You know what? That's a very good Point! And obvious too! The jury needs to hear it just like that!

I think your questions would be better directed toward a sociopathic killer population who process in their own unique style of evil-think. She inflicted all of those knife wounds FOR A REASON. And the reason was not just killing him. It was for her own satisfaction.

I know... but y'all are all I got :seeya: .

Don't you think a final gunshot would have been center? Not at a weird angle just barely hitting his brain if at all.

After snooping here for some time, I've finally decided to join in on the convo, so 1st time post & thanks to everyone for all the thoughtful, interesting & at times, entertaining posts & discussions.

Like many here, I've followed trials for a long time....Scott Peterson, CA, etc. & have no one in my real life to discuss this obsession (interest, hobby? LOL) So I'm thankful for this forum.

A few thoughts to share:

Did Jodi really work at Casa Ramos? I heard something about a family member (her dad?) showing pay stubs to LE, but nothing more. Was that true & did LE ever interview anyone from the restaurant? Were there ANY KNIVES MISSING??? Considering the extent of Travis' fatal wound to the throat, it HAD to be inflicted by a large knife, a nice, sharp butcher knife. Of course, I'm guessing Jodi snatched one from Casa Margaritaville Ramos. We know where she got the gun.....talk about prepared!

I'm intrigued by the idea someone had (sorry, it was too far back & i now forget who) that the dye job & white car may have been Jodi's attempt to be mistaken for Mimi & possibly frame her for the murder. I've also thought that perhaps Jodi figured Mimi was there with Travis (asleep) & she intended to kill them both.

It's clear to me that Jodi planned this whole sordid adventure, possibly after Travis told her in May that it was OVER...for good. Travis never intended to visit Jodi, the trip she claims he cancelled. I think he was finally coming to his senses about Jodi or his friends had gotten through to him. He'd had enough after the fb hacking, the endless phone calls, her unrelenting obsession, etc, etc & realized it was time to put his foot down for good. He probably felt safe from whatever consequences might occur since she was a good distance away. He never expected her to show up again in Mesa let alone with dyed hair, a rental car, a gun & a butcher knife!

I'm with those who think that Travis never invited her, nor did he have any inkling Jodi was coming. She just showed up, like obsessed, rejected sociopaths/psychopaths do. They may or may not have had sex, but once he was wet, naked & vulnerable in the shower, she ambushed him. Stabbed him first in that weird sitting position in the shower stall. As for dragging the body....small nurses can move large patients, EMT's & paramedics do it all the time...there are methods & someone else pointed out the floor was slippery from blood & water..plus she had the adrenaline...psycho adrenaline (it's more powerful!) She also could have used the sheets to drag his body.

Not sure why she placed him in the shower...convenience? Wasn't there a cup found with the body? Did she perform some sort of ritual baptism? He was there at her baptism, even baptized her? Was she responding in kind? Hmmm, nothing "kind" about it, but Mormons are known to baptize the dead. At any rate, I doubt she "cleaned" him off, more likely she was running the shower over her hands/arms to rinse herself off & splashing water all over him inadvertently.

Sorry this is so long, but it's my first post & I've many thoughts brewing! Just one more thing...I have to mention my thoughts about Juan Martinez. Unlike so many others, I'm not terribly impressed. If I were a jury member, I can assure you that I'd be turned off by his abrasiveness with the witnesses....his own witnesses! It may be his style, but as a jury member, I wouldn't care & instead, find it offensive. I'm a little worried about that.

Thank you for indulging me & thanks again to everyone for all your great posts, links, info, etc.

Welcome to the discussion!! It's so good to have others ideas/thoughts/theories. I was much like you... didnt really have anyone to discuss this case with and I'm addicted. I was so happy to find WS!
I dont think JA even considered Mimi bring at the house. She knew it would be in the middle of the night when she got there. She may have planned to kill him and be gone before daylight but she couldnt help herself... she had to get him in the sack one last time... complete with pictures to remember it by.. oh darn.. can't keep those... toss them in the wash. I dont think she used the sheets to drag him. Those were all found in the dryer and as someone said before, the sex pics were taken early afternoon and were probably dry long before the attack took place. If she had used a sheet to drag him I feel it would have been in the washer with the bleached items.
As for Martinez.. he may come across as brazen at times but he is fighting for justice for Travis. I like his approach, but that's just me.

Welcome to WS!!

Since she was hacking into his emails, she knew he was going to Cancun the next day with another female. IMO, she brought the knife with her just like she brought the gun because she was going to kill him if he didn't cancel his Cancun vacation.

I've read somewhere that the knife might have been in the bedroom... as part of his tying her/him up sex play. I still think he used it to cut the duct tape... MOO We may never know...

Self defense should have been her first story, not the last and not change right before trial. jmo

I'm still not convinced that JA actually said she was guilty. I believe the self defense claim came from her attorneys. JA has said from the start that she's innocent.. that she didnt do it...and has herself convinced of it.

She killed him on June 4th. His Cancun trip was due to start on June 10th, 6 days later.

I believe if had he suddenly announced to her that he wanted to take HER on this free, all-expenses paid Cancun trip she would not have murdered him that day. She is opportunistic if nothing else, and she would have wanted to go on a free trip and with him more than she would have wanted to kill him right then. Now perhaps she would have decided to murder him later, after the trip, but I firmly believe if she had been offered the trip on June 4th while at his house, she would have altered her plans and not killed him, if only to be able to take advantage of a free trip.

It's just MOO but she planned that trip to go see Ryan to make TA jealous. AND she was probably furious that he had canceled his trip to go see her... again. The gun was stolen a week before he died... his journals were stolen shortly before he died... I'm convinced it was the contents of those journals (combined with his rejection/harsh words/trip with another woman) that drove her to that much brutality. I still wonder if she dyed her hair back to brown because Mimi was a brunette and she felt maybe he would still be interested in her if she too was a brunette... she is one sly...SICK individual!!

If a woman came at me with a knife (we know he saw her or was looking in her direction) she would have a hard time stabbing me in the heart... naked or not. I am 48, 6'0" and 170 lbs. I would be surprised, but she would have to be quick and accurate.

I think the sitting down pic is after he flinched when being shot, but it hit his forehead/sinus/eye/jaw. I think the blood spray on the sink came from his nose/mouth from this wound. Is it going to come from a stab to the heart? I don't know. I think after the initial shock of this wound (shot), he got up and came at her. Either she had walked away, or the gun wouldn't fire again and he made it to the sink. By that time... she rushes up behind him with the knife and you see those tightly grouped back wounds. Just my theory right now anyway... subject to change ;)

It's medium velocity blood spatter and they said it likely came from spitting or coughing. By "they" I mean Beth Karas and Mike (omg I'm braindead on his last name right now) in breaking it down the other day. What I find curious is they apparently did not test that for saliva? Seems that would be a no brainer to really understand the order of wounds. One person suggested maybe his throat was cut there and the spatter came from that. But it appears he still crawled from the sink area.

What I was surprised about was all the blood extending to the toilet area. Good Lord...he was desperately trying to escape that psycho &#($&$. :furious:

So I ask the ladies:

You HAVE to kill a healthy, in-shape male.
You have a .25 caliber gun and a combat knife.
You can not kill him in his sleep (he will not go to sleep for some reason)
You decide to kill him as he is in the shower while you take pics of him.

***What weapon do you use?

If I were a strong, psychotic young woman who really wanted to feel the death up close and personal, I would use a knife. Soooo much more satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member