The Talent show

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1. Re the email. Wow! As a teacher, I look at my email in the am, lunch and after school. A lot of teachers where I work don't get to look at their email for a couple of days depending on what is going on. We joke that we wear Depends because going to a bathroom is not always possible.

The Talent Show was to start at 1:00 so that would be an impossible time.

2. Re the child and the grand jury. How does anyone know what he testified? Perhaps Kyron told this child he was going to the doctor. Or perhaps Kyron told the child he was going to meet Terri out in the parking lot. THESE ARE IMAGINARY EXAMPLES.

LOL, I love that..."Imaginary examples"....that is great!!!!!

Ok, so that means what? If she wrote that email at 1pm on a Friday, when exactly did she expect to get a reply???? I would think if she wrote an email, she expected a reply before school was out, or otherwise she would have to wait until Monday to figure out when to pick up the SFP???? If that is the case, why write an email at all???? Unless she was expecting the teacher to reply with a question about Kyron's absence...which would set the ball rolling.

To me, why write an email for ANY reason knowing the teacher would not get to replying that day, or that weekend for that matter. Unless she meant to trigger the Teacher into asking about Kyron??? MO MO MO..and all that :)

Maybe something good for investigators to look at - did she regularly communicate with the teacher via email? If so, how long did it usually take for a response? If she never got immediate or same day responses - why send this particular email? I do think, however, she was testing the waters or like you say, triggering the teacher to ask about Kyron.

Maybe something good for investigators to look at - did she regularly communicate with the teacher via email? If so, how long did it usually take for a response? If she never got immediate or same day responses - why send this particular email? I do think, however, she was testing the waters or like you say, triggering the teacher to ask about Kyron.

I am guessing that the teacher did not see the email until after school . I wonder if she responded?

Not that I can see that it makes any difference if the teacher did respond on when Terri could pick up the project.

I am guessing that the teacher did not see the email until after school . I wonder if she responded?

Not that I can see that it makes any difference if the teacher did respond on when Terri could pick up the project.

the only way it would have mattered if th is not innocent, imo, is it would have placed her at home, innocently inquriing about when to pick up the project and, at the same time, finding out whether/why not anyone had figured out whether kyron was missing yet. I tend to agree with whoever said that, if she did this, she was surprised that she got away with the entire school day, as opposed to a few hours in the morning.

Good post!

But I'm amazed--when a school friend said that he had seen Kyron *after* TH said she left him, that report was blown off, as near as I can tell, by LE. And I've seen so many saying that well, he's just a kid, he probably got confused. From the get-go, his story has been discounted.

Now suddenly, supposedly, some child said something that's leading to assumptions that it proves TH's guilt, and all of a sudden a young child's testimony is both believable *and* important. Same school, same group of kids, same age group, but this one is reliable evidence. Vs. the other one.

Will wonders never cease. :waitasec:

Different child.

1. Re the email. Wow! As a teacher, I look at my email in the am, lunch and after school. A lot of teachers where I work don't get to look at their email for a couple of days depending on what is going on. We joke that we wear Depends because going to a bathroom is not always possible.

The Talent Show was to start at 1:00 so that would be an impossible time.

That's a really good point. If Terri knew the talent show started at 1 p.m. and then she sent an email at 1 p.m. knowing the teacher would never have time to respond - then that is suspicious!

Hi all :seeya:

I was away from the computer for a couple of hours and upon coming back and catching up with this thread, I've noticed that a clarification needs to be reiterated about today's news re the classmate being called before the GJ.

Also, I hope this will help anyone who is just catching up this evening.

I'm copying the posts I feel were pertinent earlier this evening (between 6 and 8:30 p.m.) that hopefully will clear some things up.

Because of the back and forth of the quotes, I'm attempting to simplify below for reading continuity. :read:

nurseratchett starts this thread:

Talent Show Confirmed 6:05 p.m.

a 9 yo testified @ GJ last week, confirms he was to perform with Kyron at the talent show, but never saw Kyron at school that day...

KOIN news at 6, no link yet

Channel 6 at 6 Posted 6:09 p.m. AvalonBlue ON TODAY'S NEWS THREAD

On KOIN Local 6 report about the search today.
Not online yet.

Reporter talked about (and residents were shown) re searchers getting permission to search wooded areas behind certain houses.

Also, "questionnaires" were handed out to people driving in the area. They were shown pics of vehicles (incl. white truck.)

Story also stated that a friend of Ky's was interviewed by the GJ for "about 10 minutes." The mother of this friend was on TV yesterday re the 300 balloon event.

Story states that Ky was supposed to (I believe according to this mom) perform in the talent show with her son that Friday and that son said he never saw Ky that day.

I will link when the info comes up.

More re Channel 6 at 6 Posted 6:16 p.m. AvalonBlue ON TODAY'S NEWS THREAD

I recorded this on my DVR and will go back through the story to make sure I'm as accurate as I can be until we have the link to verify story.

To me, it seemed like there was LOTS of info and I just couldn't keep totally up with it and be 100% certain that I was getting everything down correctly with just my ears.

Originally Posted by nurseratchett on this thread 6:28 p.m.

a 9 yo testified @ GJ last week, confirms he was to perform with Kyron at the talent show, but never saw Kyron at school that day...

KOIN news at 6, no link yet

AvalonBlue

Yes, I just posted this and some notes on latest news thread until I get a link -- or someone else gets there before. I just get so nervous and want to get everything down properly.

As I scan this thread for the last few minutes, I'll look for a post with what I heard and if not there will get my notes up. Also, I recorded the story and am going back through to get quotes, details down correctly.

nurserachette 6:57 p.m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Peel

I'm sorry, I have to ask - why would anyone ever need to drag in a 9 year old to testify in front of a grand jury about Kyron's planned participation in the talent show at school? It's unnecessary. The teachers can do that.

If this is true about a 9 year old @ the grand jury - then I have to think there is more substance to the testimony than talent show chit chat... and I wonder what it could be.

Originally Posted by nurseratchett

I'm not so certain he did testify to that info.. seems as if mom/media report made it appear mom knew GJ testimony was secret, and what she told media was not r/t what her son actually testified about.
I need to watch that clip again to get a better feel, it was quite brief.

7:10 p.m. Posted by AvalonBlue on this thread

Yes, nurse, I agree as to the story not being totally clear about what was GJ and what mom was reported as saying about the talent show. When I watched it back (DVR) it was said that mom did not ask child about his GJ testimony.

Wow, that's so ethical, if true, and so difficult, IMO.

Posted by nurseratchett 7:33 p.m.

Thank You :)

Originally Posted by AvalonBlue

Yes, nurse, I agree as to the story not being totally clear about what was GJ and what mom was reported as saying about the talent show. When I watched it back (DVR) it was said that mom did not ask child about his GJ testimony.

Wow, that's so ethical, if true, and so difficult, IMO.

nurseratchette

OMG...I "thought" I heard that too, but wanted to confirm before I commented on it...thank you so much, woo hoo, I am not crazy after all..

Re: Classmate's Mom Not Asking Son About GJ Testimony 8:20 p.m.
AvalonBlue

Well, nurse, we may ALL be crazy trying to figure this case out and read between all the lines however, I am grateful that if we are ALL crazy that we are all crazy in this together!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, since the mom said she did not ask her son about his GJ testimony, yet she volunteered the info about the talent show to the Channel 6 reporter, it seems at this point that the reason for the subpoena (as far as we can know) was to get the child's testimony about more than the talent show -- although it could have involved the talent show as well.

The longer this case goes on, especially with the questionable reporting by MSM, the more I feel like Bill Clinton when he did that whole crazy business of saying, "Well, it depends on what the word 'IS' means," -- or something along those lines -- during the Monica Lewinsky impeachment hearings.
:eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

I would watch the Airplane movies to get a little levity around how hilarious we people are when we take things too literally, however, I don't want to get any more confused than I am now!

So, I hope all is about as clear as mud to you now that I've "cleared" things up........:slap:

P.S. KOIN still does not have up video from their 6 p.m. news. :dj:
That is frustrating to me because I wish everyone could watch it for themselves. KOIN, IMO, had the most news tonight about the case on every front than any of the other local stations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauirain
Ok, so that means what? If she wrote that email at 1pm on a Friday, when exactly did she expect to get a reply???? I would think if she wrote an email, she expected a reply before school was out, or otherwise she would have to wait until Monday to figure out when to pick up the SFP???? If that is the case, why write an email at all???? Unless she was expecting the teacher to reply with a question about Kyron's absence...which would set the ball rolling.

To me, why write an email for ANY reason
knowing the teacher would not get to replying that day, or that weekend for that matter. Unless she meant to trigger the Teacher into asking about Kyron??? MO MO MO..and all that.

BBM re the above (ABlue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalonBlue

It is a great way to CYA!!!

I don't know about a great way, but I guess she thought it was...:waitasec:

LOL
A thanks just wasn't enough, maui.:applause:

I must admit to my overwhelming need to rhyme sometimes.:trout:

"Great way to CYA" satisfied my need.:innocent:

BBM

IMO, the idea of "Maybe she didn't think she'd need an entire day of alibi, but just the trips to the grocery store, during which time she'd receive 'the call' from Skyline and spring into concerned parent mode" & "That's when she would have been committing the crime" seem to contradict one another, at least in my mind.

I interpret these two lines of reasoning to mean that either TH needlessly wasted time driving around on random roads because she hadn't received a call from the school, OR she spent that 90 minutes committing a crime & disposing of *evidence*.

As far as I'm concerned, it's irrelevant anyway, since Matt Shelby stated early on that the school had such a low truancy/absentee rate (per his statements to the media) that phone calls weren't made to households in the event of absences. That policy has since changed, thank goodness, but @ the time of Kyron's disappearance, it was not in effect @ Skyline, unfortunately.

Therefore, I cannot assume that TH was driving aimlessly around for 90 minutes awaiting a phone call from the school regarding Kyron's absence.

Nope, that's not how I meant either of those statements. She went to the grocery and DID NOT drive "aimlessly around", obviously, but in that version committed a crime at some point that morning. Since we don't know how firm the evidence is, we don't know the real time line. My thought was that if she felt she would be called earlier in the day, she didn't have a full day of time-stamped activities, COULDN'T have a full day of time-stamped activities and therefore went about the rest of her day as usual - the gym, facebook, etc.

And the call she was expecting was not a standard "Kyron is absent" call - in other threads we've talked about this already - but a call that said, "Did you take Kyron home this morning because we KNOW he was here this morning and now he's gone." Whether or not a school regularly calls in absences they most certainly call in if a young child is there one minute and gone the next.

Gotta post this before I go to bed as an FYI and general info-
at my granson's elementry school this year they had a talent show a few weeks before school ended. It was k-6 grade. All were invited to do whatever their talent was. Some kids sang, some kids in groups of varying grades got together and did a dance routine, karaoke, etc.

It involved 1 session of practice which was held at school. All the kids had costumes of some sort. Am sure many practiced at home a lot too. My grandson did his green belt karate routine and did practice at home. Hes a shy kid so his wanting to participate this year was a big deal and many of his family members attended (me, his mom, his little brother, his other grandparents, 2 aunts, his 3 yr old cousin and his dad and his step dad all were there) Kyron not mentioning it to his family tho, or not practicing whatever it was he was going to do, or even wearing a certain thing/ costume. That's the part that stumps me. He mentioned it to NOBODY? I want to think that Terri knew, as she was supposedly a frequent presence at the school.

My :twocents:

abbie

See and I had the complete opposite experience at my step-daughter's elementary school. There was always something going on. Practice was during school hours and sometimes it was important enough to invite parents and othertimes it wasn't. Science Fair - now that was a big deal. There was several months of work leading up to the "day". Reports written, experiment conducted, the exhibit board compiled, etc. Anybody with a kid today understands how all consuming on an entire household a science fair project is. A talent show may or may not be that big of deal. If he was just involved in a group thing (like singing) - it just may not have been that big of a deal. A solo, couples thing...different story. I just wouldn't read that much into it until we know the details.

http://www.katu.com/news/100086609.html

this article says gj hearing are secret in oregon so no one knows what has been said...didn't say witnesses were "sworn" to secrecy so i don't know if that impacts on it...

I couldn't find anything that says witnesses are sworn to secrecy. But I do know the law says the court "may" appoint a parent, guardian or other adult to accompany a child under 12.

Hell would freeze over before I'd allow my child to testify without me present.

(2) Upon a motion filed by the district attorney in the circuit court, the circuit judge may appoint a reporter who shall attend the sittings of the grand jury to take and report the testimony in any matters pending before the grand jury, and may appoint a parent, guardian or other appropriate person 18 years of age or older to accompany any child 12 years of age or younger, or any person with mental retardation, during an appearance before the grand jury. The circuit judge, upon the district attorney’s showing to the court that it is necessary for the proper examination of a witness appearing before the grand jury, may appoint a guard, medical or other special attendant or nurse, who shall be present in the grand jury room and shall attend such sittings.

http://law.onecle.com/oregon/132-grand-jury-indictments-and-other/132.090.html

snipped respectfully
...Kyron is a shy kid... wouldn't someone have known if he was dreading the performance, or if he was uncharacteristically excited or even just blase about it? I mean Kyron didn't know he was about to go missing, so he would have thought he was still attending the TS...

I was a very shy kid, but loved any talent show or group performance very much. It was my time to shine. So my shyness would take a backseat depending on the activity. I also sang in choir at church never shy about that. Maybe Terri told Kyron he had a drs appt, and to not whine about it, so he just didn't mention it to Dad. Or, maybe he didn't have a central role, so wasn't that excited about it. If she was abusing him, he would have been walking on eggshells every minute, and wouldn't dare complain for fear of retribution later in private. Abused children learn to hide the shame and will do anything to prevent getting into more trouble. Poor kid, the thought of that really ticks me off. :banghead:

Has it been confirmed that Kyron was supposed to perform in the talent show?

Can I get a link?

Thanks.

Best-
Herding Cats

I think it is possible that the talent show would conflict with Baby K's nap time--and that TH never planned to go. This could end up being a red herring...although the fact that it was brought before the grand jury does seem to give it some significance.

I'm with Emma, though. Did they really need to drag a 9 year old in to make this point? How traumatic. On top of what the poor child has already gone through since he knew Kyron.

Yes, thats possible, but what time did Kaine get home, 1:15? She could have run up to the school as soon as Kaine got home, she would have been late but she would have been there at least. But being on her laptop was her priority at the time the talent show started. But, she knew Kyron wasn't up there anyway. Maybe she thought her "acting skills" wouldn;t have held up, going up for the talent show and discovering Kyron wasn't at school, better to wait for the bus so her husband was there too as a "witness" that Kyron was missing..who knows what went through her IMO psychopathic mind?
JMO

Will wonders never cease.

Funny how that works

Maybe the other child's story was proven false, by LE?

How could they do that? No one can prove whether the boy saw Kyron or not. LE was not there, they cannot say for sure one way or the other.
It would be very difficult to track down other kids who were in the hallway at that moment to verify that he didn't see him... because how are they going to prove whether those kids are telling the truth? It goes on and on.

Maybe TH told Kyron to keep it a secret so that they could suprise Kaine with the talent show. For the boy who went before the GJ to make these statements tells me that Kyron among everyone else was full aware of his part in the program and the only one's that did not know were Kaine and DY .. she could have even went as far as to tell his teacher it was a secret to suprise Kaine ..... something along those lines
jmo

If Terri told the teacher that, it will come out when teacher testifies before the GJ, surely they will call the teacher, I would hope, if they called a 9 yr old schoolmate?
The truths gonna come out, it will all fall into place I have a feeling.

Ticks me off when I think about it, if only Terri would man up and be honest...all this other crap would not be necessary....

When I was staying @ home with my kids, it was perfectly normal for me to know about a talent show/event at the school and for my husband not to know about it, since he wasn't going to it bc of work. It could be the same with Terri, as we have heard several times in this case, that she was very involved in school events for Kyron.

As other people says, it could very well speak to something suspicious that she didn't go back to the school for the talent show, or to pick up the science project, for that matter.

To me, why write an email for ANY reason knowing the teacher would not get to replying that day, or that weekend for that matter. Unless she meant to trigger the Teacher into asking about Kyron??? MO MO MO..and all that :)

I said it once but I will say it again...she was THERE with the truck at 8:45, the projects were set up on students desks, WHY didn't she take the project with her that morning when she left, so it would be out of the way for the days lessons? Did it sit on Kyrons desk all day as a "reminder" he was not there? Why did his teacher not say- hmmm he must not have gone to the batroom or gone to get a drink, where is he? Or did the teacher think, Oh, Terri must have meant TODAY is his drs appt, and then thought nothing else of his project remaining?
Either way, even if Kyron did have a drs appt it makes NO SENSE that Teri did not take that SFProject home with her that nmorning. She was in such a rush to get out of there- why? Was she hustling Kyron out a side door or something, no room to carry a project, have baby K, and maneuver Kyron out the door?
So many questions.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho
Back