The Theater and the Shooting

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AP Source: Suspect bought ticket to movie

WASHINGTON—A U.S. official says the suspect in Friday's shootings inside a Colorado movie theater bought a ticket to the midnight showing of the latest Batman movie and went into the theater as part of the crowd.
A federal law enforcement official said suspect James Holmes is believed to have propped open an exit door in the theater as the movie was playing, donned protective ballistic gear and opened fire.

http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_21120980/ap-source-suspect-bought-ticket-movie

They must have evidence he purchased a ticket (??)

7NEWS has learned that the first responding officers mistook the suspected gunman as one of their own.
James Holmes was arrested at the back of the Aurora Century 16 movie theater about 12:40 a.m. as he was leaving the theater.

Holmes then exited the theater, where he was confronted by at least two officers.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31292170/detail.html

Maybe just me but I thought he was apprehended in his vehicle. Perhaps it's because his black clothing and mask appear to be scattered on the ground. :waitasec:

I'm not sure why I always assumed he had purchased a ticket? I guess now they are just confirming what we already knew (?).

Good Morning,

We were speculating whether or not there was/is an accomplice. LE says the suspect acted alone but some witnesses claim he wasn't alone. This all came about regarding a question February asked earlier. It appears no eye witness described the suspect with red hair BEFORE he exited the theatre to put on his black armour and gas mask. It is alleged he took a phone call prior to the rampage. Some witnesses say someone opened the door for him (??)

Still so many unanswered questions. Hopefully they had surveillance videos in the theatre.

I just got to your post but I'm unable to access it. Getting a message that I need to have cookies enabled. I thought they were enabled; otherwise I don't believe I'd be able to sign in to WS. :confused: Anyone else having issues accessing this?.

Respectfully snipped for clarity...

Here's another link to the story, however while the article seems the same it seems to not be the "full" version that I posted earlier. But it does still state that no witnesses have described the gunman as having red hair.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-07-20/...uspect-profile_1_oates-movie-theater-gas-mask

Hope this link works better for you. :)

Personally, I think his hair was covered when he entered the theater dressed in the body armor. He was said to have neck and groin armor, why not something covering his head? All JMO.

Respectfully snipped for clarity...

Here's another link to the story, however while the article seems the same it seems to not be the "full" version that I posted earlier. But it does still state that no witnesses have described the gunman as having red hair.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-07-20/...uspect-profile_1_oates-movie-theater-gas-mask

Hope this link works better for you. :)

Personally, I think his hair was covered when he entered the theater dressed in the body armor. He was said to have neck and groin armor, why not something covering his head? All JMO.

Anyone going to the movies tonight? Please check to see how well you can see hair color in the dark or low lighting. I'm not trying to be silly--I honestly haven't been to a theater in awhile and I can't remember how the lighting is. I think Corbin Dates said he came early--I wonder if the lights were still on and whether the lights were still on when the phone call answerer showed up. Also, in one of the later Corbin Dates videos (29th or 28th of July), he specifically described the Answerer as "normal-looking".

Another thought, as others have noted....maybe police have seen the video and it's clearly the same person but they're not allowed to say anything because of the gag order...but then the press wouldn't know this, right? Why is no one specifically asking those eye witnesses about his red hair??

You're correct. The pic of JH wearing a skully is linked in my post just above this one. I think the one pictured below is very similar to the one JH is wearing:

http://www.backcountry.com/nike-basic-skully-beanie

IMO that beanie conceals his hair pretty well.

Can anyone make out what is written in the upper left corner after "Really Red"?
Is is 'heh', 'ash', 'lol'? What do you all make out of it?

Thanks for posting the pic! I'm on my cell,but it looks like really red ash to me. It could perhaps be name of hair color or filter used on picture?? Sound familiar to anyone?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

AP Source: Suspect bought ticket to movie

http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_21120980/ap-source-suspect-bought-ticket-movie

They must have evidence he purchased a ticket (??)

It just seems so far fetched to me that someone could keep it together and sit in the theatre knowing that shortly he'd be murdering all these strangers whose faces he was seeing and not be a Nervous Nelly about the carrying out the specific steps of his plan.

To me it's much more feasible that he was never in the theatre prior to entering in swat team-like gear and he had pre-arranged with a like-minded individual or possibly an acquaintance (who could even have known nothing of his plan and may even be a deceased victim) to have the door propped open.

The ticket could have purchased the ticket electronically using his credit/debit card-- could have been for an accomplice or he may have planned to blend in with the crowd amid the chaos following the shooting and the purchase of the ticket was his alibi; who knows at this point.

But the possibility of him sitting in the theatre prior to the shooting seems highly suspect to me IMO.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31292170/detail.html

Maybe just me but I thought he was apprehended in his vehicle. Perhaps it's because his black clothing and mask appear to be scattered on the ground. :waitasec:

You're absolutely right n/t. The recordings of police communications seem to provide a far more accurate representation of events than the purported, nicely edited "official version"...

If he was caught without a struggle and no shots fired and fully cooperated in surrendering as we're told, why was the back window of his car broken out by LE?

And when did he have the chance to alter his height and shave his goatee so he could match the description of the guy who took the phone call and open the door?

It's troubling...

It just seems so far fetched to me that someone could keep it together and sit in the theatre knowing that shortly he'd be murdering all these strangers whose faces he was seeing and not be a Nervous Nelly about the carrying out the specific steps of his plan.

Respectfully snipped.

Also,sitting through the trailer for Gangster Squad which ends with a scene for the horrendous crime he was about to commit. I keep wondering what could have been going through his head when he saw that. If, of course, he acted alone as reported.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone going to the movies tonight? Please check to see how well you can see hair color in the dark or low lighting. I'm not trying to be silly--I honestly haven't been to a theater in awhile and I can't remember how the lighting is. I think Corbin Dates said he came early--I wonder if the lights were still on and whether the lights were still on when the phone call answerer showed up. Also, in one of the later Corbin Dates videos (29th or 28th of July), he specifically described the Answerer as "normal-looking".

Another thought, as others have noted....maybe police have seen the video and it's clearly the same person but they're not allowed to say anything because of the gag order...but then the press wouldn't know this, right? Why is no one specifically asking those eye witnesses about his red hair??

DeadCat If a lighthouse beacon was out, just put Holmes up there in it's place because sailors could have used Holmes' awful hair to make it safely to shore... :D

just a thought/theory: it will be revealed eventually that Holmes never referred to himself as "the Joker" but someone in LE described him as "trying to look like the Joker or something" and like the old telephone game, by the time it got to Commissioner Kelly it became "I'm the Joker"...

That's just my hunch, I could be wrong...

I think so too. Commissioner Kelly is the only one saying he said he was the Joker

The red hair has nothing to do with the "Joker" even though the news desperately jumped on it.

Can anyone make out what is written in the upper left corner after "Really Red"?

Respectfully snipped

http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/GCAOV-225x300.jpg

Really Rad Aok or Really Rod Aok

Searching for either is a journey...for Really Rad I get a band called Crunc Tesla, a radio show (some on youtube) and this

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/duderrad.htm

I'm sure there is plenty more. I cannot find a "Really Rad Aok" direct link. So maybe not "Aok"?

If I reverse it to AOK Really Rad I get a German bicycle site.

Oh yeah, something called AOK Radical Blood Tourney, they seem to think no one knows what it is, and well, I haven't spent enough time to figure it out. Some kind of game?

***ETA: Never mind all that stuff up there. I tried to zoom in and I think it says "Really Rad AOA". Here is what AOA is:

Alpha Omega Alpha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Still have no idea what JH means....

Colorado Massacre Shooter James Holmes Had Accomplice Per Witnesses

Another video report, of a compilation of MSM reports, also reporting eye witnesses reported that the shooter had an accomplice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ly9KMJz9Igs#!

To clarify, I'm not particularly endorsing this theory; or any one theory, until we get more facts. MOO

WOW WOW WOW....

Who called him?
The cops must have his phone, but the called must have tossed his...
Can an MI person be used by someone else YOU BET....
It is much more common then we know.

I am sitting here with my mouth open....

BUT if the gas was thrown from 2 sides he could not have done that alone.
and if he got a call before he walked out of the exit... What is that all about?
And if he sent his therapist a Notebook with stick figures getting shot what is that plan for?

HE TOLD THE POLICE that his house is boobie trapped….
Maybe that was also not done by him alone, and it was a way to control him.

Just sayin......

He better know well who called him, who threw the other gas across the room, and who helped to boobie trap,

But a con man does not give his real information.
(assuming he has been used) MI people DO get used.

SADLY because this is so very horrific of a case.
Unless they are onto a trail of someone.... He may get the entire brunt of it.
MI people get no sympathy either.

SO MUCH GOINGON it will take a very long time to come to a trial if there will be one.

IF there is a 2nd party that trail is cold by now. :(

You're correct. The pic of JH wearing a skully is linked in my post just above this one. I think the one pictured below is very similar to the one JH is wearing:

http://www.backcountry.com/nike-basic-skully-beanie

IMO that beanie conceals his hair pretty well.

What I see, with magnification, is "Really Rod AoA", which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. :confused: http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/GCAOV-225x300.jpg

However, for "AoA", from http://www.network54.com/Forum/2756...osman+Bolt+mod'+to+eliminate+AoA+HDD+breakage. :

"The AoA Crosman Hammer Debounce Device is a popular mod' for 22xx and Discovery style guns, due to it's ability to reduce noise and improve shot count by 30 - 50%, while lasting many 1000s of shots..."

I think it might be "rad" rather than "rod"

AoA = "Alive on Arrival"

rather than

DoA = "Dead on Arrival"

Or many other abbreviations:
AOA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Agreement on Agriculture, a World Trade Organization treaty
Administration on Aging, a health agency of the United States
Angolan kwanza, the currency of Angola
Auxiliary Organizations Association, an organization related to the California State University system
Angle of arrival, a radio wave analysis method
Angle of attack, a measure of a body through a fluid
Alpha Omega Alpha, a medical honor society
American Optometric Association, a medical association
Articles of association, a document that establishes the basic details of a corporation
Analysis of Alternatives, a method of analyzing choices
Activity on arrow, a type of diagram in Program Evaluation and Review Technique
Angle of attack, a measure of a body through a fluid
Air Operators Association, a trade associon for UK airport operators
American Overseas Airlines, a former transport company
A type of Space Shuttle abort modes
AOA (band), a South Korean band
Armies of Arcana, a tabletop wargame
Age of Apocalypse, a comic storyline
Alienating Our Audience, an electro punk album by Mindless Self Indulgence
Army of Anyone, a rock band
Aoa (Dungeons & Dragons), a fictional creature
Ace of Angels, a south korean girl group

BUT if the gas was thrown from 2 sides he could not have done that alone.
and if he got a call before he walked out of the exit... What is that all about?
And if he sent his therapist a Notebook with stick figures getting shot what is that plan for?

HE TOLD THE POLICE that his house is boobie trapped….
Maybe that was also not done by him alone, and it was a way to control him.

Just sayin......
Re: 2 gas/smoke grenades being thrown two DIFFERENT SIDES of the theater..
This is not accurate.. Both grenades originated from the same direction(ie. to the right of the screen when the shooter re entered thru the emergency exit.. He tosses both grenades one right after the other and one further back into the theater rows than the other(there's a great labeled diagram of the theater that gives a very good representation of the point of origination of each grenade as well as where each of the two grenades landed)..

Re:cell phone call that prompted the shooter to leave his front row seat and go out the emergency exit to the right of the screen..

IMO this is one of the rather easiest details to account for.. As in IMO I believe there was not ACTUAL RINGING PHONE CALL.. But rather just the shooter going thru the motions of acting as tho he was receiving a call on his cell.. Of course there's always modern technology these days in the form of phone apps that are so very easily preset to call you/ring your phone at whatever predetermined time you set the phone call to ring to your phone.. I mean you can even go as far as to actually program what phone number/name that you want to pop up on the phone screen as the incoming call is ringing/vibrating..

So, while I will not rule out any particular possiblity/scenario for certain due to the fact that there just are presently so very many unknown factors of this case.. But I do still strongly believe the shooter acted alone in his thoroughly and methodically plotting, planning, ordering, organizing, and executing these murders.. And have strong doubts that there was an actual phone call, accomplice, or head hauncho that used this individual and basically made him the patsy to take the fall..

Re: the "possible" mailed notebook "possibly" with stick figures "possibly" representing what the shooter had thoroughly plotted/planned to do..

You ask above what was that plan for? .. Moo is just further damning evidence of just how much premeditation went into his reign of terror and bloodshed resulting 12 dead, 58 others physically injured, and entire ripple effect of literal thousands that the entire magnitude will only be seen years from now of the thousands of human beings that are forever changed, scarred, emotionally injured way beyond what mere physical injuries are..

While as I said previously I absolutely can/do understand how some are of the opinion that there very well could be other accomplices involved.. But at this point I still find myself firmly planted in the opinion that this nightmare is the sole creation of one, lone, single, individual whose name I try my damnedest to not post.. But rather use the generic term of "the shooter".. I have very real raw emotional anger at this individual and I just strongly feel that I'll be damned to give him even the slightest, tiniest, sliver of what he so desperately seeks.. IMO that is name recognition.. It's the very least I can do to not add to the pain and suffering of so many that this individual has single handedly dealt out to so many human beings.. Completely and totally innocent human beings who by absolutely zero fault of their own were in the blink of an eye thrust into a nightmare that I'm certain they fervently pray everyday that they will awake from.. Sadly that's not a possibility..*

I admit I very much do still have a lot of raw emotional anger at this person at this time..

All IMO.. **

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13