The Theater and the Shooting

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
you think somebody could have drove that hyundai from the front going to the back?

Maybe a few days ago I would have thought that. After reading about the shooter, I tend to believe he committed this act alone.
There is no exact timeline on how long the shooter sat in the theater before he took his phone call.

IMO, I think it makes more sense for shooter to park his car by the exit as soon as he arrives at the theater and walk around to the front, then when movie starts, walk out the exit, straight to his car to get his gear. IMO, It sounds odd that he would park in the front with everybody else, then leave by the exit door and walk around to the front, then drive his car to the exit, then dress himself in all that gear.

I do wonder if he went into the movie theater wearing any of his gear to begin with and people just didn't notice b/c of lots of others wearing costumes???? I know the youtube somebody posted with people running out of the theater, there was one person I seen wearing a full batman costume. Batman comes out at the 1:06 mark.
[video=youtube;T7sIiqq66rk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7sIiqq66rk[/video]

There had to be at least a few officers there before everything went down. It was a huge crowd. Think about it. 3 movie screens and they were all full. Now, they could have got everybody in the movies and left right after, but they must have been close by b/c the cops responded FAST.

From the maps I've seen, it looks like this movie theater is right beside a mall. So maybe it was like a big outlet shopping center????

http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloo...er-Shooter-to-Face-Formal-Charges-3728299.php
Police say Holmes bought a ticket, entered the theater and watched the movie for a while, then stood as if taking a phone call and walked out, propping open the door as he left. He then went to his vehicle, put on a ballistic helmet and vest, armed himself and returned to the theater. Police apprehended Holmes behind the theater, located in a shopping mall, after the first 911 call at 12:39 a.m.

Could LE have gotten a call regarding a suspicious vehicle parked in the back of the theatre? Just throwing out that possiblity.

I'm with those questioning how quickly they got the suspect in the midst of all that chaos. And of course, how he gave up without incident.

Here is a "hard to grasp" article written in the Denver Post about the timeline and ambulances. I don't think I've seen this one before. Lots of interesting details in it.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21168806?source=pop_section_news

Even as Aurora police begged for ambulances at the scene of last week's theater massacre, at least six nearby medical responders weren't called to the scene for 20 to 35 minutes — or were never called at all.

The existence of unused ambulances contradicts early accounts that the injured were taken to hospitals in police cars in part because ambulances were doubled up with casualties.

The Denver Post reported Wednesday that emergency medical workers from the Aurora Fire Department arrived at theater 9 almost 24 minutes after the shooting, even though police began asking for help there 8 minutes into the crisis.

http://www.kansas.com/2012/07/20/2414607_a2414961/shooting-at-colorado-theater.html
10p0rw8.png

I left just this one link to this set of photos to demonstrate that the guy offering his conspiracy theory about photoshopped photos and the presence of (or lack of it) a knife, is bogus. The two photos he talks about (Nos. 70 & 71 in the link above) were taken by the same photographer (Karl Gehring / Denver Post). They are NOT the same photo, and the item was NOT moved, rather the photos were taken from a slightly different position.

In addition, if you look at photo No. 66 in the same series, you will see a photo taken by a different photographer, from a totally different viewpoint, of the man writing on paper, near the gas mask.

Not only was the photoshop hoax guy wrong about it being the same photo digitally altered, he didn't allow for the existence of depth of field. You can see how far the man and his writing were from the gas mask. I do not know what the object appearing to prop up the papers is.

IMO, one man committed this crime.

Could LE have gotten a call regarding a suspicious vehicle parked in the back of the theatre? Just throwing out that possiblity.

I'm with those questioning how quickly they got the suspect in the midst of all that chaos. And of course, how he gave up without incident.

Great thoughts ~n/t ~ I've definitely wondered the same things; it would be so helpful to know the approximate number of cars parked behind the theatre either that night or on generally busy nights.

It seems that someone who planned for this so extensively to the point of making sure his car was perfectly located for preparation and a quick getaway and had his apartment wired with booby traps would at least make some effort to flee the scene and never tip off the intended target to the booby trapped apartment.

Like I said I'm pretty certain he committed these atrocities but I have questions...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

thank you!
so according to this audio
http://soundcloud.com/user124684/clip-2-12-41-am-1-11-am
it seems he was spotted near the east side at 3:30
(minutes & seconds into audio file, not time)
and reported to be detained at or in the car at 4:51

was he spotted at 3:30 or the other suspect in the checkered shirt spotted then? What ever happened to the only person they had a description of as the shooter who incidentally was not a match for Holmes?

Hastingschi......here is a 10 minute video. I think around the 5 minute mark the chopper starts circling around to the back.......and you can see where the pass a dumpster, then you see 2 or 3 cars, then you see the shooters car.

Before that though....when they are in the front, it gives you a very good idea how small the front lot was.....so more cars would spill over to the side lots.
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=MtFIRY0JUbA

Eta: it's at the 6 minute mark when the chopper starts following the one police car. That car is going around back to the suspects car.

It's unlikely that a vehicle parked behind the theater while it was open would be seen as suspicious. A good manager would have asked employees to park around back on busy nights, freeing up the front parking spaces for paying customers.

As for picking up the suspect quickly, I would give credit to the quick response of the Aurora Police. They had multiple units on scene only a couple of minutes after the first 911 call and covered the back of the building as well as the front. Most of the chaos was in fron of the theatre where victims were streaming out. Few if any other people were in the back parking lot where the suspect was found.

was he spotted at 3:30 or the other suspect in the checkered shirt spotted then? What ever happened to the only person they had a description of as the shooter who incidentally was not a match for Holmes?

i am sorry, the report from the 'east side' was at time mark
3:20, whether that was JH or checkered shirt guy he would
have encountered police officers.

It's unlikely that a vehicle parked behind the theater while it was open would be seen as suspicious. A good manager would have asked employees to park around back on busy nights, freeing up the front parking spaces for paying customers.

i also wonder if this was actually a busy night,
they were showing Batman in at least 2 theaters,
but were any of the other 16 even open?

Heard google map sattelite shows the back of that theater having a security camera, since the emergency exits are there, i would assume there is also a camera there...any confirmations?...that can show the time of the hyundai being place there and who could be driving it ...imo

Heard google map sattelite shows the back of that theater having a security camera, since the emergency exits are there, i would assume there is also a camera there...any confirmations?...that can show the time of the hyundai being place there and who could be driving it ...imo

Yes. He parked in the perfect location for the security camera- if the camera was working, everything from his arrival to arrest should have been filmed.

Here's a pretty decent picture showing the whole area and the business around the theater. It is a picture taken the next day....so gives you an idea about where some of thecars were

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/07/2...ng-batman-showing-killing-14-and-injuring-50/

I did a Google image search for images of the theatre before the tragedy to try to find images of the theatre layout and parking lot at night but was unsuccessful. I should note my search criteria included dates prior to the shooting.

Yes. He parked in the perfect location for the security camera- if the camera was working, everything from his arrival to arrest should have been filmed.

agreed, if it's a real camera this is the best evidence.
when i lived in a sketchy area i installed a little box with a
blinking LED on the front door to discourage ne'er-do-wells.
security companies will do the same to save the client $$.

agreed, if it's a real camera this is the best evidence.
when i lived in a sketchy area i installed a little box with a
blinking LED on the front door to discourage ne'er-do-wells.
security companies will do the same to save the client $$.

Yay...ill ask my spouse to do the same ..where did you get than blinking led box?

Do we have a visitor on this forum that is from Aurora Colorado ?
Just want to hear from the local

Yay...ill ask my spouse to do the same ..where did you get than blinking led box?

i think i found mine at a yard sale but fake security systems
& cameras are sold all over the interwebs.
my point was that a real camera costs 10x as much as a fake one
and when you get into the hardware required to record data
from multiple cameras things get exponentially more expensive.

So, I posted this in "contradictions" but I'm not allowed to discuss there. I just realized that there is a road called "Sable" behind the theater. I think the transcript could be wrong--Should it read, "I need a marked car....SABLE side"?

Then both comments could be referring to JH at his car.
Previously posted:
"In the transcript of 911 tapes:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...Cj9Co1B2E9dYLN

01:06:14 16 I need a marked car behind the theater stable side,suspect in a gas mask. 01:06:22

01:06:50 Everyone hold the air one second, cars where that white car in the rear of the lot, is that a suspect? YES! we've got rifles, gas masks, you can see him I've got a open door going into the theater, OK hold that position, hold that suspect! 01:07:05

Are there 2 gas masks? Was suspect in mask on stable side or in car with gas mask?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ater-shooting/"

BBM. Yeah, this whole gas mass thing is confusing.

And yet they state. ( link )

There are also indications Holmes may have gotten away that morning, if not for observant police officers who noticed something off about his tactical gear.

"There was one particular piece of equipment that he had on him that was out of place, and I am so proud of my officers that they spotted that right away and challenged him," Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said on the CBS' "Face the Nation" Sunday.

That piece of equipment was a non-regulation gas mask. Holmes was arrested at the scene.

I'm also admittedly not getting how he would have blended in, considering, from these photos it appears the had removed alot of gear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back