The Trash Bag in Casey's Trunk

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It doesn't look like much of anything...except trash. Things appear to be pretty dried out. Don't seem soggy. Dr. Lee really made a *advertiser censored*l out of himself yesterday, Besides making little or no sense, why did he give credence to Baez's story about the smelly trash?

bbm
I agree..
and he was not directly answering the questions asked. He kept speaking of the garbage in the trunk

I remember seeing a courtroom demo of a dog that was trained to find human blood. They took three pieces of cloth, put a drop of chicken blood on one, a drop of beef blood on another and a drop of human blood on the third. Then they washed each piece separately. Then they put each one in a paper bag. They had some hide each bag in a different spot in the courtroom. The dog was brought in, and he quickly found the bag with the cloth that had the drop of human blood. It was a very impressive demonstration!

I think a demo like that would be well worth doing if the state thinks the defense is swaying the jury at all. Have a bag of trash (that has sat in a car trunk for a few days) and an identical bag with a piece of sod where a dead body has been. Let the dog demonstrate his ability to find the decomposition in front of the jury, and I think the reality will be clear to them.

Tink

Well like you said there was no pizza, there were some wrappers, some empty cans, etc. I don't remember everything that was in there, but there was nothing, and I mean NOTHING that would come close to smelling like decomp. The DT is only fooling themselves if they think anyone will buy the nonsense of trash bags having anything to do with the smell, or the febreze lie having to do with chloroform. It defies common sense and logic and is extremely desperate and offensive imo.

Dr. Lee did go on tv and lie as well - saying maggots could have been attracted to pizza, ham, etc, so I can see where the DT thought they had a winner. Last time I checked maggots feed on blood, not cooked food, bread, etc.

Yes! And to add, it was GA himself who said he could HEAR the maggots chewing! On what? Empty soda cans??? Pathetic!

I don't know for sure but I believe this is a pic of the bags still inside the dumpster, Before anyone touched them. The clear water bottle appears to be laying on top of the white bag on the left and slightly under and behind the bag on the right. It also looks like both bags and the water bottle are resting near the bottom of a wall of the dumpster. In the lower right corner of the pic looks like another inner side wall of the dumpster.

My theory on the red stain: I think it's rust and nastiness from when the bags were tossd in the dumpster. I think the bag on the right bounced and then rolled backwards, like a finger being rolled in ink to get a print, then landing the way it's pictured and showing the part of the bag with red stain. I also find it kinda interestin' that the red stain is not smeared or smudged at all-there is clear detail and edges where the red stain meets the white plastic.

Surely there was at least a partial print on one of the bags (of course there wouldn't be if gloves were worn).

Ok I'm done now!

ETA-who would've thought there could be so much analysis and discussion of 2 bags of garbage in a dumpster!-lol

The red stain...
A member put up a photo of the color of decomposition. It's the same color as the red stain. I hope I can find it for you. :)

Yes! And to add, it was GA himself who said he could HEAR the maggots chewing! On what? Empty soda cans??? Pathetic!

I think he said he could here them popping (not sure what that means) but I believe they were on the napkins? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Someone posted on one of the threads (cannot remember which one???) a link to a really up close and clear photo of the two white trash bags that were in Casey's trunk (Exhibit 6 in Cindy's depo), and they said it "was the best photo of these bags that they had come across yet, and asked if we could see possible photos of Caylee in the corner of the bag." Does anyone have that link to that photo??? Or know which thread this was posted on, and what page of the thread?
It was NOT this Fox photo (it was a different photo with no media logo on it)
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/040609casephotosset2/1/lg/Trash_bag_0869208.htm
TIA

Yes. I remember that photo too! I've been trying to find it also.

I think he said he could here them popping (not sure what that means) but I believe they were on the napkins? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think we're both right and wrong.:floorlaugh:
Anyway, here it is:

Both George and Cindy Anthony's depositions focused on the day they retrieved Casey Anthony's car from a tow yard. The two have long maintained a rotten pizza was the reason for a foul odor in the car -- not a decomposing body. In his deposition, George Anthony graphically describes maggots he said were in a discarded pizza box, saying he could actually hear them munching and it sounded like hamburger sizzling. :sick:

snipped...

http://www.wesh.com/r/21318973/detail.html

Every time I hear references to the garbage as Baez loves to do , I think of my cousin who is a comedian. He dried food products over a year and at Christmas, he sprayed the dried food stuff with Gold and trimmed his tree.
It never smelled. The banana was quite pretty in all it's gold glory.
You could not tell the decorations were food items.
I live a distance away from him now and haven't laughed that much since.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

This is the first time I have ever seen all of the contents of the trash, and minus a few items, I would consider it more 'recyclables' then 'trash' and to me, that makes even a bigger difference in the ridiculous claims the defense team makes about it!

This is the first time I have ever seen all of the contents of the trash, and minus a few items, I would consider it more 'recyclables' then 'trash' and to me, that makes even a bigger difference in the ridiculous claims the defense team makes about it!

ITA! The State would do well to reference the "trash" as recyclables whenever they mention the bag. Perhaps they can have TL or his roommate state this?

Anyway, here it is:

Both George and Cindy Anthony's depositions focused on the day they retrieved Casey Anthony's car from a tow yard. The two have long maintained a rotten pizza was the reason for a foul odor in the car -- not a decomposing body. In his deposition, George Anthony graphically describes maggots he said were in a discarded pizza box, saying he could actually hear them munching and it sounded like hamburger sizzling. :sick:

snipped...

But GA never opened the bag and from the dumpster pictures you can see the bag is tied. He assumed there was pizza in there because he could see the pizza box writing through the bag, imo. I'm sure those critters were in there, just not munching on an emply pizza box.

When LE opened the bag was it ever reported where they found maggots or if they even found them in the bag. jmo

I remember seeing a courtroom demo of a dog that was trained to find human blood. They took three pieces of cloth, put a drop of chicken blood on one, a drop of beef blood on another and a drop of human blood on the third. Then they washed each piece separately. Then they put each one in a paper bag. They had some hide each bag in a different spot in the courtroom. The dog was brought in, and he quickly found the bag with the cloth that had the drop of human blood. It was a very impressive demonstration!

I think a demo like that would be well worth doing if the state thinks the defense is swaying the jury at all. Have a bag of trash (that has sat in a car trunk for a few days) and an identical bag with a piece of sod where a dead body has been. Let the dog demonstrate his ability to find the decomposition in front of the jury, and I think the reality will be clear to them.

Tink
Mythbusters had an episode with a similar-type demonstration with SAR dogs. They hid and tried to disguise their own body odors with other odors to throw off the scent of the tracking dogs, (e.g. urine, coffee, etc...) None of the scents fooled the dogs. They found the humans every time! Dogs are highly reliable and don't lie!!!
Bottom line: the cadaver dog in this case knew it was human decomp odor in the trunk of Casey's car, NOT pizza, or Velveeta cheese, or dead squirrel, or chlorine, or Febreze or Bounce!

But GA never opened the bag and from the dumpster pictures you can see the bag is tied. He assumed there was pizza in there because he could see the pizza box writing through the bag, imo. I'm sure those critters were in there, just not munching on an emply pizza box.

When LE opened the bag was it ever reported where they found maggots or if they even found them in the bag. jmo

Here is the information on the paper towels... Pupae was found on them.

papertowelsadipocere.jpg

However, I vaguely and faintly recall that the maggots were found on a plastic container, like a frozen dinner type deal... I recall it from way back in the beginning of the case. I have been googling and cannot find it so maybe it is a figment of my imagination... :crazy: Does anyone else recall that?

Anyway, here it is:

snipped...

Oh my word.........

That bolded statement just hit me hard....George, that was your granddaughter!!! Not a pizza, or squirrels, or lunch meat, or flippin' bananas!!
:sick: :sick: :sick:

God help the jurors when they have to deal with this reality. :(

I know EXACTLY the sound he was talking about....once my husband forgot to put a bag of garbage out and it sat on our side porch. Well, it was summertime, and there was old meat that had been thrown out. Needless to say, it was quite a sight by the time I walked out there and saw what was everywhere, and the countless flies flying around.
Regardless of their lies and and their denial, imo, the Anthony's are not stupid. The KNEW that smell, and they KNEW what those maggots were there for. :banghead::banghead:

Here is the information on the paper towels... Pupae was found on them.

papertowelsadipocere.jpg

However, I vaguely and faintly recall that the maggots were found on a plastic container, like a frozen dinner type deal... I recall it from way back in the beginning of the case. I have been googling and cannot find it so maybe it is a figment of my imagination... :crazy: Does anyone else recall that?

I know bad form to quote myself but I found the information about the maggots on the black plastic container:

page 4

http://blogs.discovery.com/files/18530237.pdf

trashintrunk.png

Whew! wiping forehead.. not crazy after all...

That lying Dr. Lee said there were 100 items in the trash bags.

No he din't :banghead: Maggots chewing? I've never heard of such a thing, unless the entire trunk was full of them.

shiversssss.....

Mel

Were both of the bags photographed both bags that came from Casey's car or just the one with the pizza box?

Is it just me or does the other bag appear to have a photo of what looks like a child in it?
About halfway down the side of the bag (left side of photo).

oadlef.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curiousinky
Back