The Van

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The report is wrong. It was Lindsy that called Chelsea. Insert Lindsy where ever Misty's name is said and the story makes a lot more sense. Matt Saffer is a terrible reporter, imo. Lindsy is the owner of the van, not Misty.

I suspected this was the case. It does alot of time and effort to get the names of all the players in this case straight.

It doesn't make sense why Chelsea didn't point out the damage to Lindsy and discussed it with her when she returned the van. It seemed like they had a family discussion about it and that's when Chelsea said she began to suspect who was responsible.

It just dawned on me --- didn't we "see" on Chelsea's mysp that she and Timmy moved to PALATKA in July, not Massachusetts?

re: van - there are 2, iirc - one SIL had a silver one, the other had the light blue one.

PDN had a front page article re: Lindsy' van not being returned for approx. 1 month, and then she was going to have to get someone to drive her to Jax FDLE or FBI lab to pick it up. Pitched quite a fit about it, too.

Since LE doesn't seem interested in the van, it seems it should be obvious that it has no importance at all, but I can't figure out WHY!

* It is very possible someone drove the van the night Haleigh went missing, if we are to believe CC's claim it was moved

* The van had a scratch on it that supposedly wasn't there the night before

* MC claims her blanket was in the van, which would've had to have gotten there before she went missing as MC states she had to take a blanket off the window

* This blanket that went "missing" in the van is the blanket off the bed Haleigh was originally said to be sleeping in

* CC claims a dead deer had been in the van (possibly to explain away blood)

I just wish we could get some answers/info from LE! I would think if LE had ANY evidence at all to suggest any wrong doings on the part of anyone in this case, there would be an arrest by now. I mean, even lying to LE or something would be nice.

Is all of the scratched van info from AH?

No.
"Van taken into evidence in missing girl case"
Updated: Friday, 27 Mar 2009, 12:31 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 18 Mar 2009, 6:18 PM EDT
MATT SAFFER | FOX 35 News Affiliate Reporter

No.
"Van taken into evidence in missing girl case"
Updated: Friday, 27 Mar 2009, 12:31 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 18 Mar 2009, 6:18 PM EDT
MATT SAFFER | FOX 35 News Affiliate Reporter

So they didn't take the van into custody until 17 days later. Makes one go back to look at Misty's interview with her mom sitting on the couch where she discusses "the van that they took" and makes one wonder once again who THEY are, because obviously it was not the police she was referencing. That video was done within a few days.

So they didn't take the van into custody until 17 days later. Makes one go back to look at Misty's interview with her mom sitting on the couch where she discusses "the van that they took" and makes one wonder once again who THEY are, because obviously it was not the police she was referencing. That video was done within a few days.

Where are you reading this tidbit of info? I was under the impression that Lindsey and Chelsy discussed the scratch and that the van had been moved shortly after Haleigh's disappearance, like the next day.. I cannot believe this information was not given to LE immediately and LE did not know about this.... When did LE find out I wonder?

Where are you reading this tidbit of info? I was under the impression that Lindsey and Chelsy discussed the scratch and that the van had been moved shortly after Haleigh's disappearance, like the next day.. I cannot believe this information was not given to LE immediately and LE did not know about this.... When did LE find out I wonder?

Okay, I'm digging deep into my memory banks...but didn't Misty say they took the van in her first interview? :waitasec:

Okay, I'm digging deep into my memory banks...but didn't Misty say they took the van in her first interview? :waitasec:

Thats what I am trying to find out.. Debs mentioned they didn't take the van into custody until 17 days later.
In that interview with her mom where she is sitting on the couch she mentions that her blanket was in "the van that they took"..Debs wants to know who "they" are IF LE didn't take the van until 17 days later...

IIRC quite a few people thought she was referring to LE when she made that statement..I never thought that. Due to the fact IF she was washing blankets and taking blankets down from the window because her blanket was in the van "they" took and Haleigh's blanket smelled like pee, it couldn't have been LE that took the blanket..They weren't involved yet... JMO

I had always assumed she meant LE also! Wow...it never even dawned on me that she never actually said it was LE!

Alot of articles have disappeared but IMO the van was taken the second day but can't find the article now. This is a video done on the 18th that references a vehicle being taken for evidence. If I find the other article in archives I will post.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/news-article.aspx?storyid=131781

Either way, when discussing the "van that they took" and the blanket -- MC is talking about how she had to take the blanket from the window to use the night Haleigh disappeared because hers was in the "van that they took". Would love to know who "they" are, which van she's referring to and where and why it was taken.

It may have been taken because of the scratch and headlight damage. Misty said (if we can believe her) that there was grass and leaves sticking out of the headlight. Chelsea was calling lindsy and lindsy noticed the damage. Chelsea denies she did it. Heck, it could have been done days before. Chelsea has stood by Misty before....so I don't trust her either.

I recall that van being taken on a Friday (three days later) but couldn't swear to it. For some reasons it sticks in my head, it was a Friday. Maybe Friday is when it reached the news but still it wasn't offered up before that...Lots of time to get rid of stuff.

IF misty is telling the truth about a blanket, we are back to square one. When did the blanket get put in the van? IF misty was truthful that she was there with rc all night, does that mean they slept w/o cover? Or did they sleep with the blanket and "FOR SOME REASON" the blanket got put in the van between 8:00am and ...? on Monday, Feb9.

Taking a blanket off the window is extreme. TN said Haleigh had a laptop computer. Apparently blankets weren't a priority. This whole story misty spins is just hinky.

Here's the deal: It doesn't matter WHEN LE picked up the van. Misty's story is that she washed the blankets because HER blanket "was in the van that they took" which precedes Haleigh's disappearance (allegedly she was there awaiting a blanket that did not smell like pee) which precedes Misty cleaning, going to bed, falling asleep and waking up to pee/get a drink of water/don't know why she got up and noticed the back door open.

She starts her story with having to wash the blankets because HER blanket was in the van that they took.

Thats what I am trying to find out.. Debs mentioned they didn't take the van into custody until 17 days later.
In that interview with her mom where she is sitting on the couch she mentions that her blanket was in "the van that they took"..Debs wants to know who "they" are IF LE didn't take the van until 17 days later...

IIRC quite a few people thought she was referring to LE when she made that statement..I never thought that. Due to the fact IF she was washing blankets and taking blankets down from the window because her blanket was in the van "they" took and Haleigh's blanket smelled like pee, it couldn't have been LE that took the blanket..They weren't involved yet... JMO

They took the van like the second day, if I remember correctly and kept it several weeks. So maybe the 17 days is how long they kept it to do forensic testing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pdxtrumpet1926
Back