The Van

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was that FM staying with Chelsea & Timmy or Lindsy & Tommy (on Tyler St)? I am guessing that it must have been with Chelsea & Timmy since the police were at the Tyler St address after the 911 call was made and it would have been mentioned that a FM was there as well.

If Misty called Chelsea around 4 am to tell her that Haleigh was missing and the scratch was discovered at around that time, then it narrows down the time on the timeline that the scratch was made. (Assuming that Chelsea was correct that the scratch was not there at whatever time she parked the car earlier.)

This would have given LE some concrete information to discuss with the Croslins and the FM from Tennessee and to compare with the forensics.

If the FM did take the van in the middle of the night, I wonder if anyone else in the family went with him - not meaning Chelsea or her husband, but another family member and, if so, who. I hope LE did a thorough check on everybody's phone records.

I was just going back over the van thread yesterday. That is what I do when I am feeling helpless, go back and read old threads. This is another thread that baffles me. a new scratch on the van, Misty pointing out the scratch and telling her sis to please tell her she was the one who scratched it. Also read in the old thread that a neighbor heard hollering from RC's home area in the middle of the night Haleigh went missing and Misty's sister stating the van wasn't where she parked it. How many more red flags need to wave.

If Misty asked that question of Chelsea, I wouldn't put a penny on that being true. That sounds like standard MO on Misty's behavior.

It seems that cousin J has been cleared. I know he was in the beginning than they decided to say "no one was". [I]IF Chelsea is telling the truth,[/I] then somebody else had to go there with Misty to drive it back.

Do you think Chelsea is lying? Perhaps covering up for someone else. Sorry I have been sick all morning and I am still a little fuzzy

Well, it looks like Chelsea and Misty are chummy. I watched them on the tape last night, smiling and smoking together and that is MO>

Chelsea was with and part of the fight with the mother we can't name on here...But she is on the court doc. And Chelsea is where Misty went for refuge when she left RC's that weekend. Chelsea said on tape she think she knows what/who took the van but wouldn't say for sure...hmm. That van was used frequently by Misty and it belonged to her brother who lives on Tyler....sooo???

But didn't Chelsea say no to Misty....that she didn't scratch the van? And now here we go again. I don't get why LE let that van go back to them. They kept the house all cordoned off for so long yet the van that was scratched and moved during the night....they gave right back. Something is wrong with this picture.

It was not Misty that asked Chelsea about the van being scratched it was Lindsy that asked Chelsea - the article is really confusing but if you listen to the video interviews it all makes much more sense. LE kept the van for a long time (would need to go look but think it was about 3 weeks)and stated there was no evidence found with regards to the van.

But didn't Chelsea say no to Misty....that she didn't scratch the van? And now here we go again. I don't get why LE let that van go back to them. They kept the house all cordoned off for so long yet the van that was scratched and moved during the night....they gave right back. Something is wrong with this picture.

It was not Misty that asked Chelsea about the van being scratched it was Lindsy that asked Chelsea - the article is really confusing but if you listen to the video interviews it all makes much more sense. LE kept the van for a long time (would need to go look but think it was about 3 weeks)and stated there was no evidence found with regards to the van.

did they really say that busy? no evidence found? Misty herself said that her blanket was in the van that they took? So if they found the blanket in the van at least we could have heard that the blanket story had a ring of truth to it. At least.

I will see if I can find a link that is still good about the no evidence in the van.

did they really say that busy? no evidence found? Misty herself said that her blanket was in the van that they took? So if they found the blanket in the van at least we could have heard that the blanket story had a ring of truth to it. At least.

I will see if I can find a link that is still good about the no evidence in the van.

don't trouble yourself. lol. Your word is fine enough for me I was just wondering if LE said that because Misty played that word game with the blankets and at least we could see if her blanket was indeed in the van like she said.

Was that FM staying with Chelsea & Timmy or Lindsy & Tommy (on Tyler St)? I am guessing that it must have been with Chelsea & Timmy since the police were at the Tyler St address after the 911 call was made and it would have been mentioned that a FM was there as well.

If Misty called Chelsea around 4 am to tell her that Haleigh was missing and the scratch was discovered at around that time, then it narrows down the time on the timeline that the scratch was made. (Assuming that Chelsea was correct that the scratch was not there at whatever time she parked the car earlier.)

This would have given LE some concrete information to discuss with the Croslins and the FM from Tennessee and to compare with the forensics.

If the FM did take the van in the middle of the night, I wonder if anyone else in the family went with him - not meaning Chelsea or her husband, but another family member and, if so, who. I hope LE did a thorough check on everybody's phone records.

I also hope they asked him to take a LDT, but somehow I doubt they did.

IMO just because LE stated there was nothing found in that van does not mean they did not find anything of interest.

I was just going back over the van thread yesterday. That is what I do when I am feeling helpless, go back and read old threads. This is another thread that baffles me. a new scratch on the van, Misty pointing out the scratch and telling her sis to please tell her she was the one who scratched it. Also read in the old thread that a neighbor heard hollering from RC's home area in the middle of the night Haleigh went missing and Misty's sister stating the van wasn't where she parked it. How many more red flags need to wave.

I don't have the link, but do recall that at one time LE was going house to house asking if anyone heard a dinging sound/noise. I have wondered for the longest if the van may of had one of those doors when you open it it will ding until you close it.

I also don't understand why such little attention was put on the van, the FM that was staying with one of the Croslin, the alleged fight between Ron and cousin Joe. Some say the fight was weeks before, others say it was the night Haleigh went missing. The other non-911 that was placed earlier that night. Could it be that LE was called regarding the fight or the cousin? The scratch on the van, LE took it in for investigation and if the van was driven in a wooded area then part of the soil/leaves and so fourth would of been tracked as well as tire marks. I wonder if they have compared soil samples in the area? LE said that the cousin was not cleared but that they spoke to him. We have the Croslin's that were claiming they did not trust him. He left the same night Haleigh went missing from what I understand.
And the dinging...again really bothers me. What if the van door was open for a period of time to put Haleigh in, Misty taking off/being picked or other in the van, and maybe someone heard it, then they would have another piece for their time-line.

All police would say about the van being impounded is that it was taken to the FDLE’s crime lab in Jacksonville, analyzed, then released. They would not comment on any specifics of what was searched, or if anything was found in the van.

Croslin believes the only explanation is that at some point during the night Haleigh was taken, the family member staying with her may of took the van. Police say they have tracked that man down and questioned him. They also say he has not been ruled out as a suspect.http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news..._van_questions

Captain Dick Schauland with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said the technicians at the FDLE lab did not find any information on the van that is linked to the Haliegh Cummings' case.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=134179&catid=295

The article from first coast news was updated on Updated: 3/26/2009 8:14:20 PM
The article from my fox Orlando was updated the next day with a little more information regarding the van. But for some reason it states that, All police would say about the van being impounded is that it was taken to the FDLE’s crime lab in Jacksonville, analyzed, then released. They would not comment on any specifics of what was searched, or if anything was found in the van.

:confused:The media can make things a bit more confusing at times.

Van taken into evidence in missing girl case
Updated: Friday, 27 Mar 2009, 12:31 PM EDT http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/031809_haleigh_van_questions

I don't have the link, but do recall that at one time LE was going house to house asking if anyone heard a dinging sound/noise. I have wondered for the longest if the van may of had one of those doors when you open it it will ding until you close it.
respectfully snipped by me.

I thought the noise they were asking about was a cuckoo clock chime? I remember people speculating that maybe someone had a doorbell that sounded like a cuckoo clock.

respectfully snipped by me.

I thought the noise they were asking about was a cuckoo clock chime? I remember people speculating that maybe someone had a doorbell that sounded like a cuckoo clock.

OK, that sounds more like it. I heard dinging, it must be my brain...a ding bat. LOL. I don't know where I read about the dinging, but you are correct I do recall clearly that some had said doorbell, cuckoo clock, and then it turned into maybe the train went by.

OK, that sounds more like it. I heard dinging, it must be my brain...a ding bat. LOL. I don't know where I read about the dinging, but you are correct I do recall clearly that some had said doorbell, cuckoo clock, and then it turned into maybe the train went by.
Here's a link from that time when the doorbell was being discussed.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18838209/detail.html

Comment from a neighbor: "He said the investigators were looking specifically for a doorbell that chimed like a grandfather clock, and that some tip or lead led them to his house. Hubbard said he doesn't have a doorbell."

But, it would be interesting to know exactly what that tip was. At the time, we were all scratching our heads, trying to figure out what the tip might have been. Meybe some one had their window open at night or was walking their dog and heard a bing bing bing. They may have described it as a doorbell to LE, but what if it was an open car/van door binging? It's a possibility.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back