The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it IS the state's job to show how she died if they are charging capital murder and put forward a theory as to how it happened. The problem was that their theory was complete speculation, there were no facts to support it. The facts that they did provide had other obvious and more plausible explanations.

Btw, the theory put forward by the defence, that Caylee fell into, and drowned in the swimming pool, provides a better explanation for how chlorinated agents may have ended up in the trunk. The only way for that to have happened is for the person to have been doused in chlorinated agents, such that their clothes were soaked. Falling into a Floridian swimming pool seems a pretty good way to achieve that to me. There is no other way to get enough to accumulate in the car. If you were going to knock someone out with chloroform that simply would not have happened.

The prosecution also didn't prove that KA drove around with the body in the car for three days, or that a body was even in the car for that matter.
All they showed was that something had decomposed there at some point, but that could be just about anything. So the question to the jury would have been was that Caylee? And if so, who put her there and when? Obviously the jury didn't have answers to those questions beyond the prosecutions speculation. This is why actual evidence that corroborates the theory they are presenting is important.

Lastly, if KA does have this severe mental illness you suggest, then the alternative explanation for the evidence would still be consistent with the facts as presented. Because you wouldn't act the way she did doesn't mean that she is guilty of murder. Everyone reacts to a particular situation in different ways, and if someone happens to be mentally ill then they may react in a way very different from how you might react. Her lack of emotion may simply reflect how she is, it is not evidence of wrongdoing.

Bold and colored by me

1.) According to the law the State does NOT have to prove cause of death,no matter how much one wishes that to be so. There are often convictions ,even when a body is never found or when a body has decomposed beyond the ability to establish that fact.Many have been cited on WS.

2.) Wrong. There is NO CHLORINE in the Anthony's pool,so your reasoning is not based on the true facts. Now what ?

3.) The defense had Casey tested repeatedly and fought hard to keep the findings out of court. They went so far ,as to stop the SA's in the middle of a deposition of one of the drs and immediately withdrew both of their psychiatric expert witnesses.They then added a so-called grief expert ,who never examined Casey. Obviously there were things that the DT didn't want known about Casey's state of mind.

4.) Having lost a child suddenly and unexpectedly I will never be convinced that ANY loving mother could be so different that she could appear to be totally unaffected just hours after the child's death. Only a heartless sociopath like Casey could pull that off,IMO. The "grief expert" was not given the facts of the case before she testified.I strongly suspect she would have told the DT that Casey's behavior was indicative of a sociopath,just as I suspect the other Drs told the DT.

There were a lot of Dream Team experts that did not end up being called to the stand. Why? They could not help the defense because what they found implicated Casey.JMO.

I see we are once again moving from opinions to arguing that irrefutable facts regarding the evidence in this case have become fairy tales. I sincerely wish the posters who are here now arguing that what's real isn't really real had been able to join us two years ago.

It would have been great to have these arguments back when it really mattered . No point arguing when it is what it is. Saying it isn't won't make it true, no matter who or how folks want to justify the NG verdict.

To argue against the evidence, saying it wasn't real makes about sense as me saying that wasn't really a Not Guilty verdict - it was just pretend and the real verdict is coming down the pike any time now.

As Judge Belvin Perry said at the latest hearing - Anything that could go wrong in this case did go wrong.

Casey Marie Anthony spoke the truth at one point only - when she said she was the best liar - she killed her own daughter and got a get out of jail free card. She wanted to be famous - and she almost got that - she will be forever infamous.

As will Mr. Baez. He is now the go-to guy for anyone who is guilty and wants to get away with it. Nice career ya got there Mr. Baez.

All IMO of course. Mine and most of the best legal minds in the country that is.

Two years ago on this site, when it mattered to argue the evidence, I was here doing just that. I was arguing based on my interpretation of the evidence that had been released in the docs, interviews, depos etc. And then, as now, my arguments were generally dismissed as fairy tales. My arguments back then did not have the benefit of cross examination by the defense, nor did it have the benefit of the defense experts taking the stand. The cross examinations, and the defense experts validated my arguments from 2 years ago. Back then I said, if the state doesn't have anything other than what they had shown us in via the Sunshine Law, then there would be a very good chance that KC would be acquitted of the 3 main charges. To the shock and awe of about 70% of the country, that prediction came true when 12 jurors unanimously acquitted KC of the 3 main charges.

Back then, most believed I was basically full of balony, and pretty much still do LOL. Most believed I was interpreting the forensic reports incorrectly, or I wasn't factoring in this or that. Basically letting me know in no uncertain terms that I was incorrect about everything I said. Now of course, nothing has changed except, it is not only me that has interpreted the evidence wrong, that is full of balony, that did not look at all the factors, it is the DT, roughly 30% of the country, the defense experts, and of course the now nearly infamous Pinellas 12.

During the trial, the dt repeatedly asked for a mistrial, and HHBP politely denied the motion. The TH's laughed at the dt for doing this, but they knew it was because the dt has to do so for potential appeals later on. The TH's laughed, because it seemed a forgone conclusion that KC would be convicted. The TH's were convinced the PT was destroying the DT at every turn, convinced the jury was mesmerized by JA and bored to death by JB, convinced that KC's goose was as good as cooked, and the only question was whether she would get the DP or LWOP. I watched the same trial they were watching, and I was feeling dejavu all over again, because what the TH's were saying sounded very much like the responses I had been hearing to my posts for nearly 2 years. When the verdict was read, my response to verdicts 1 thru 3 was "wow", 'wow', and "wow". The decision of the only 12 people in the world that really counted in this case, had reached the same decision I had so very long ago.

Still, my theories, or interpretations, or reasoning, or thoughts, or opinions on this case are mostly considered, balony, misinformed, misinterpreted, mistaken, incorrect, wrong, and will always be considered this way by those who believe the jury got it wrong. That's ok, I am used to it, it comes with the territory of being in a minority.

The remainder of this post is all about Caylee, and how I feel about her.

Caylee was a beautiful young girl. Her smile made everyone who saw her smile, smile. Her smile was infectuous and wonderful. Her bright eyes could uplift one's spirit. When she sang, she made those who listened feel good. Watching videos of this lovely child, even though you may have never met her, made you fall in love with her. She was a typical child who became special to an entire country. Her short presence and early exit from this earth has made history, new laws in her name. Her loss has been mourned by millions. To this day, certain posters have photos of Caylee as their avatar, and these photos still bring tears to my eyes. Hers is a sad and tragic story. It is always painful when one so young is called to heaven. In my heart, I know that the moment her spirit left this earth, she was welcomed into the arms of the father, and this has brought me some solace. Caylee touched the hearts of millions, and will never be forgotten. Caylee's story has brought thousands if not millions of people together. Friendships have been formed that never would have been formed if not for Caylee. The impact Caylee has had on this country, the world, cannot be measured. What new laws that either directly or indirectly stem from Caylee's story will affect future generations of children, possibly worldwide. There are many, many good things that can be achieved in the name of Caylee, if the masses who have come to adore this child work together to improve the world, to improve the legal system, to improve the awareness of just how vulnerable, and fragile, and unequivocally precious our children are to us. Caylee is out of harms way, it is up to us to honor her memory, and work together to make the world a safer, better place for our children. Caylee's smile made everyone who saw her smile, smile. Caylee was a beautiful young girl.

(respectfully snipped :seeya:)

LCoastM,
300 pieces of evidence that was ignored. Another thing that gave me great pause was the fact that during deliberations- not one time-NOT ONCE-did the jurors ask to reevaluate, reread or review any of the evidence.

I think that fact bothers me the most, not one piece of evidence was requested by the jurors to look at during "deliberations", not ONE readback of ANY piece of testimony, after 6 weeks of trial. I have an incredible memory, people compliment me on it all the time, and I could not remember by any stretch certain things that were testified to. Very important real pieces of evidence. The only piece of evidence they looked at and held was the duct tape. I also recall not one, but numerous people from MSM commented many times during trial on how most of the jurors were not taking notes. IMO ONLY, I do recall the foreman was constantly taking notes, and IMO ONLY, the foreman at some point during the trial told the others something along the line (since I believe IMO he wanted to be foreman all along and be the leader so he could "orchestrate" deliberations...his wording exact there in post-trial interview, orchestrate) IMO, "don't bother about notes all of you, I will take notes for everyone", otherwise, why so few notes? I would be able to schwallow this NG verdict much easier if I thought the jurors at least "deliberated" and put some real thought into the 300+ pieces of "evidence" presented during this trial. and not deliberate on pure speculation or what or how they felt about GA. IMO, MOO, etc.

Two years ago on this site, when it mattered to argue the evidence, I was here doing just that. I was arguing based on my interpretation of the evidence that had been released in the docs, interviews, depos etc. And then, as now, my arguments were generally dismissed as fairy tales. My arguments back then did not have the benefit of cross examination by the defense, nor did it have the benefit of the defense experts taking the stand. The cross examinations, and the defense experts validated my arguments from 2 years ago. Back then I said, if the state doesn't have anything other than what they had shown us in via the Sunshine Law, then there would be a very good chance that KC would be acquitted of the 3 main charges. To the shock and awe of about 70% of the country, that prediction came true when 12 jurors unanimously acquitted KC of the 3 main charges.

Back then, most believed I was basically full of balony, and pretty much still do LOL. Most believed I was interpreting the forensic reports incorrectly, or I wasn't factoring in this or that. Basically letting me know in no uncertain terms that I was incorrect about everything I said. Now of course, nothing has changed except, it is not only me that has interpreted the evidence wrong, that is full of balony, that did not look at all the factors, it is the DT, roughly 30% of the country, the defense experts, and of course the now nearly infamous Pinellas 12.

During the trial, the dt repeatedly asked for a mistrial, and HHBP politely denied the motion. The TH's laughed at the dt for doing this, but they knew it was because the dt has to do so for potential appeals later on. The TH's laughed, because it seemed a forgone conclusion that KC would be convicted. The TH's were convinced the PT was destroying the DT at every turn, convinced the jury was mesmerized by JA and bored to death by JB, convinced that KC's goose was as good as cooked, and the only question was whether she would get the DP or LWOP. I watched the same trial they were watching, and I was feeling dejavu all over again, because what the TH's were saying sounded very much like the responses I had been hearing to my posts for nearly 2 years. When the verdict was read, my response to verdicts 1 thru 3 was "wow", 'wow', and "wow". The decision of the only 12 people in the world that really counted in this case, had reached the same decision I had so very long ago.

Still, my theories, or interpretations, or reasoning, or thoughts, or opinions on this case are mostly considered, balony, misinformed, misinterpreted, mistaken, incorrect, wrong, and will always be considered this way by those who believe the jury got it wrong. That's ok, I am used to it, it comes with the territory of being in a minority.

Caylee was a beautiful young girl. Her smile made everyone who saw her smile, smile. Her smile was infectuous and wonderful. Her bright eyes could uplift one's spirit. When she sang, she made those who listened feel good. Watching videos of this lovely child, even though you may have never met her, made you fall in love with her. She was a typical child who became special to an entire country. Her short presence and early exit from this earth has made history, new laws in her name. Her loss has been mourned by millions. To this day, certain posters have photos of Caylee as their avatar, and these photos still bring tears to my eyes. Hers is a sad and tragic story. It is always painful when one so young is called to heaven. In my heart, I know that the moment her spirit left this earth, she was welcomed into the arms of the father, and this has brought me some solace. Caylee touched the hearts of millions, and will never be forgotten. Caylee's story has brought thousands if not millions of people together. Friendships have been formed that never would have been formed if not for Caylee. The impact Caylee has had on this country, the world, cannot be measured. What new laws that either directly or indirectly stem from Caylee's story will affect future generations of children, possibly worldwide. There are many, many good things that can be achieved in the name of Caylee, if the masses who have come to adore this child work together to improve the world, to improve the legal system, to improve the awareness of just how vulnerable, and fragile, and unequivocally precious our children are to us. Caylee is out of harms way, it is up to us to honor her memory, and work together to make the world a safer, better place for our children. Caylee's smile made everyone who saw her smile, smile. Caylee was a beautiful young girl.

Very well said! You always manage to say what I can't seem to get across in my own post. Yea, our theories, or interpretations, or reasoning, or thoughts, or opinions on this case are mostly considered, balony, misinformed, misinterpreted, mistaken, incorrect, wrong - but I've enjoyed your company and stance! :rocker:

I'm starting to wonder if the difficulty some of the pro-verdict people are having is more to do with the inability to reconcile WHY KC behaved the way she did. At least, that's the impression I'm getting. If you can't reconcile that she 'could' have done it, then the evidence is going to be easier to throw out or poke holes in. It's easier to accept that it was an accident and she just went into a state of shock and denial than to believe she could kill her daughter and feel nothing.

But you know, I never saw KC show remorse for anything. In all those jail videos, and interviews, and voice recordings, she never showed any indication that she was ever sorry about anything. And you can argue that she didn't have anything to be sorry for because she didn't do anything, but she did PLENTY. She showed no remorse for what happened to Caylee, no remorse for what her parents were going through, no remorse for any of the lies to anyone. What I saw was a woman who manipulated her way through everything. When she got backed against a wall, she just turned left and kept moving.

Sure, there were moments when she cried, or appeared to cry, but I wonder if she was crying for herself more than anything else. And I don't know about you guys, but when I cry my lips get puffy, my nose gets red and snotty, and my eyes get both red and puffy. I just didn't see any of that when KC appeared to get upset.
Anyway, all I'm trying to say is that I would expect someone who was at the center of that big of a mess that she created, would have, at some point said I'm Sorry. You know? "Mom, I'm sorry I lied to you about where Caylee was, I was scared." "Dad, I'm sorry I took the gas cans, I should have told you I took them." Just something. But instead, when she was asked ANYTHING, she lashed out. Or she just created a new lie.

I think she was absolutely capable of killing Caylee, driving around for a few days with her in the trunk, and dumping her in the woods. I don't think this in spite of how she behaved before and after. I think this because of how she behaved before and after. There was no difference in how she was before. No difference. She just carried on and avoided the people who would question where Caylee was. That isn't shock and denial. That's a complete and total lack of feeling.

I had to have one of my cats put to sleep recently. I stayed with him during the procedure, then I brought him home and buried him in the yard. I was a freakin' wreck! Anytime I think about it too hard, I get a lump in my throat. FOR MY CAT. So I can't reconcile how she didn't feel anything for her daughter.
Disclaimer: This post is not directed at anyone in particular. It's just something I picked up on after reading a few thousand posts over the last few weeks. :crazy:

And, as always, this is all just my personal opinion/observation.

OMG, re bbm: I am very sorry for the loss of your cat. I posted the below somewhere, I think during the trial in the real-time threads. I had to put my beloved dog of 14 years to sleep, he also died in my arms at the vet, on 12/4/2010, and I was so devastated. I, too, still cry to this day when I think much about it. When I came home, I went through almost a whole box of sopping wet kleenexes, and I literally could not even breathe my nose became so stuffed-up from crying. My boyfriend did likewise. I just kept getting new kleenexes after the current one became soaked with tears and from blowing my nose. My whole face was puffed up from crying and really red. I was not there when Caylee died (IMO FCA was the only one present), so I have no idea if FCA ever really cried, maybe she did (doubt it, but at least giving her this if it really was a mistake while, IMO, she tried to get her to sleep so she could "party hardy", maybe she did shed a tear or two, but if she had any emotion I think it was probably a little fear of what she had done). During the trial, her kleenexes or toilet paper or paper towels or whatever she had, were not wet. the ONLY time I witnessed "real crying" from her when (1) after CA testified for the Pros. and admittedly the jury was not in the room, she was so angry she was crying, and (2) when LA testified about not being invited to little Caylee's baby shower, whatever those tears were about, I have no idea. Period, IMO, MOO, etc. I realize the trial was years after the fact of Caylee's little death so she may have been desensitized to it (I do not believe that, just trying to give her SOME semblance of emotion at some point about Caylee), but I was crying myself numerous times during that trial and some of the testimony, way more than FCA herself cried. IMO, MOO, etc.

I was not goona post this but......I have a granddaughter who is 1 and a half and I told my daughter if she did what FICA did the trial would be the least of her problems..I would not lie to protect her no matter what.And she would no longer have a mom harsh yes but it is true...Although my daughter is a wonderful mom who loves her daughter so much.Heck we have cried more tears over sweet little Caylee moreso than FICA ever has...JMO and the verdict was such an injustice to precious Caylee Marie.....JMO MOO IMHO AND ALL...

I think that fact bothers me the most, not one piece of evidence was requested by the jurors to look at during "deliberations", not ONE readback of ANY piece of testimony, after 6 weeks of trial. I have an incredible memory, people compliment me on it all the time, and I could not remember by any stretch certain things that were testified to. Very important real pieces of evidence. The only piece of evidence they looked at and held was the duct tape. I also recall not one, but numerous people from MSM commented many times during trial on how most of the jurors were not taking notes. IMO ONLY, I do recall the foreman was constantly taking notes, and IMO ONLY, the foreman at some point during the trial told the others something along the line (since I believe IMO he wanted to be foreman all along and be the leader so he could "orchestrate" deliberations...his wording exact there in post-trial interview, orchestrate) IMO, "don't bother about notes all of you, I will take notes for everyone", otherwise, why so few notes? I would be able to schwallow this NG verdict much easier if I thought the jurors at least "deliberated" and put some real thought into the 300+ pieces of "evidence" presented during this trial. and not deliberate on pure speculation or what or how they felt about GA. IMO, MOO, etc.

I'm not sure how he did it,but I agree,the foreman became their leader long before deliberations took place. JF became his cheer leader and together they used faulty reasoning to turn 6 guilty verdicts into NG. Had they actually followed instructions I believe the 6 NG verdicts would have become guilty . JMO
I scratched my head at the background of some of the jurors and felt it was totally inappropriate to have them seated.

I was not goona post this but......I have a granddaughter who is 1 and a half and I told my daughter if she did what FICA did the trial would be the least of her problems..I would not lie to protect her no matter what.And she would no longer have a mom harsh yes but it is true...Although my daughter is a wonderful mom who loves her daughter so much.Heck we have cried more tears over sweet little Caylee moreso than FICA ever has...JMO and the verdict was such an injustice to precious Caylee Marie.....JMO MOO IMHO AND ALL...

Thank you for changing your mind and posting :sunshine:

Does anyone know how the juryforman or JF voted in the 1st Degree Murder and the Manslaughter charge during deliberations? Were they in the 10 NG or the 2 G? Were they in the 6 NG or the 6 G? Did either of these 2 give any statement as to how they actually voted? If you do know, can you link it?

Yes...we believe that the verdict was correct in saying NOT GUILTY...we feel that the jurors did an excellent job in their review of the case...the jury foreman being a coach and educator in his everyday life was very informative in explaining to Greta how they came to the conclusion of every bit of evidence that they looked at...

And it was interesting to note that the jury wanted to know the same thing as we were wanting to know...and that was to hear more information about what George Anthony was doing in the home that morning...

What does that mean??

I do think if you watch the video of KC's jail release and believe what DT is saying about KC's "safety" then the only conclusion you could come to is that many people agree that the jury "did not" do an excellent job and actions of the public has borne that out.

The foreman being a coach/educator should have known to follow the jury instructions which is the main complaint of the majority of us here on this forum. Key evidence was never deliberated and appears only real concerns were about GA. Common sense would tell you if you find the defendant guilty of lying you have to consider she could have been lying about GA to her defense team.

When defense used GA in their opening statement the burden was now on them to prove what they said in their OS was true. That never happened. Nothing was ever put before that jury with proof of what JB stated in his opening statement. Common sense would tell you to go back to square one. Who was responsible for the child....the mother.....who lied....the mother....who was better off without the child proven by her active social life of 31 days....the mother.

Jury wanted to know what GA was doing that morning....well, wouldn't KC know. Wouldn't KC have followed up with that little "story" about how GA carefully wrapped Caylee up and garbage bags and wrapped duct completely around her little body as they did with the dogs...oh, wait....the duct tape was only 7 to 9 inches long....that won't work. Or how KC was just so traumatized that she could not watch so she went in and got on the computer, did some texting and made some phone calls....oh, wait...that won't work either.

One of the last things that LDB said to the jury was to use their common sense and they could not even follow that instruction. I am amazed that this jury thought so little of this child as a victum that they spent a little more than a day and part of that time was focused on GA. That's not using your common sense. jmo

BBM
- LC...I have been trying to find the words to express this sentiment. Thank you so much!

BBM-Thank you, truly.

Does anyone know how the juryforman or JF voted in the 1st Degree Murder and the Manslaughter charge during deliberations? Were they in the 10 NG or the 2 G? Were they in the 6 NG or the 6 G? Did either of these 2 give any statement as to how they actually voted? If you do know, can you link it?

Hate to quote myself, but does anyone know this to be fact? Did these 2 jurors that have spoken to the media this far reveal THEIR beginning vote? Have they stated anywhere that they voted NG to begin with? Anyone? Love to see a link if it has been stated by either.

I have to say I got most if not all my information here about the case (I guess maybe the defense team did too as they took every crazy theory and ran with it). I didn't much care what the THs had to say...they proved early on that they didn't have all the facts. It's all in the interpretation of the facts which I truly believe the jurors ignored. I would like to say that they analyzed the information presented, but I just can't. I'm glad I'm not alone in this thinking. I'm glad that something is being done...namely Caylee's Law. We have to stop people from hurting and killing our children. There is no room IMPO for people like Casey in our society. I find no comfort in thinking this may have been an accident because the evidence did NOT prove it was. I wish I could, but I get kind of stuck with HOW she was disposed of and HOW she was found.

Hate to quote myself, but does anyone know this to be fact? Did these 2 jurors that have spoken to the media this far reveal THEIR beginning vote? Have they stated anywhere that they voted NG to begin with? Anyone? Love to see a link if it has been stated by either.

Here's the Greta interview with the foreman where he is talking about the 10-2 pre-vote. Still looking for others...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK, for murder, it was 10 to 2, 10 saying -- it was 10 innocent, 2 guilty.
VAN SUSTEREN: And about -- if you went in about 2:15, when do you think that was?
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I can't remember exactly when that was.
VAN SUSTEREN: Hour, two hours, three hours, next day?
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Probably about -- well, it wasn't the next day, but we went in on the first day. It was within the first hour.
VAN SUSTEREN: So there was not a lot of persuading or anything that had to be done. I mean, the...
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Not for the pre-vote.
VAN SUSTEREN: Not for the pre-vote.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: No.
VAN SUSTEREN: So there were two that -- were they adamant on guilty or just uncertain, or how do you measure their level of...
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I believe with one, there was an uncertainty, one that was pretty adamant about it.
VAN SUSTEREN: Adamant that it was guilty?
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Uh-huh.
VAN SUSTEREN: And what later changed that to not guilty, do you think?
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I never -- I never really -- with that person, I didn't get into that. It changed through our deliberations...

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/transcript/exclusive-casey-anthony-jury-foreman-039everything-was-speculation039?page=2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid