The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me ask this, when CA called 911, when she found out Caylee was actually missing for 31 days; why didn't the police/le smell that smell of death when they walked past the car in the garage? It smell so strong why didn't they smell it?

This is why.........

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6970218&postcount=952"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree?[/ame]

I think Caylee was "probably" killed by accident, due to Casey wanting to party ( drugging Caylee and she passed away from OD) and GA was NOT involved at all... I think it was a horrible accident and there is NO WAY that I could find Casey DP guilty. "I" feel that the DP should be for people like Gacy, Dahmer, Bundy and the WORST ever "Big Ed Kemper", whom was 100 times worst than any of them. ( If you don't know about Big Ed, look him up and you will have nightmares FOREVER....

She may have not qualified for the DP to a lot of people if she had only told the truth. Some years behind bars would have netted her far more forgiveness for a mistake than trying to live on the outside after having served four years from charges of "lying to police". The truth can set you free.........ya know?

I hope she's enjoying her new freedom for now because the minute she steps out on the sidewalk, that's the end of a "beautiful life". She will have no peace.

Only quoting parts of these posts:
While I agree she did say '100% of accidents', that statement, IMO, was meant to indicate her earlier statement that after studying the data from her jurisdiction, they found that 100% of accidental drowning victims had called EMT's.

On the bolded part, I'm wondering which of those you consider applicable re: someone of Dr. Vass' stature ? This man did that work because he could help, IMO. He was not paid for it and IIRC the defense's Dr. Furton fits that bill a lot more than Dr.Vass - he even admitted that his students cite Dr. Vass in their thesis as he is considered an esteemed leader in this field.

(see quote above for points numbered red)
1. The testimony was that even though each of those elements can be found elsewhere, it was the totality of the elements that proved adipocere. And not only did Dr. Vass prove it, IMO, he was able to show it was most probably within the first 2-3 days of death.
2. There were few LE (maybe 1, IIRC) around that car that didn't ID the smell as decomp and a few non LE that did. Both Dr. Vass and Dr. Rickenbach did - none of the defense witnesses got close enough to smell it. Those LE (or others) that didn't smell or recognise it were the ones who were near the car after CA had aired it out for 5+ hours in the garage, scattered dryer sheets in it and sprayed it with Fabreeze. Once the trunk was closed, the smell accumulated again because it was in the carpet and tire well.
3.As I explained when you posted that earlier your numbers breakdown was seriously flawed...as I explained earlier, you cannot use the 400+ figure because that had nothing to do with the 5 figure. The 400+ figure was his complete database. Here's a better idea of what Dr. Vass' report said if you want the real ratio:

51 chemicals found in the trunk
41 of those are in his decomp database
Eliminated 17 that could potentially overlap with gasoline, leaving 24 associated with decomp
Eliminated 9 that could be potentially linked to other controls, leaving 15 + chloroform, known to be associated with human decompositional events
7 of those 16 are in his 'significant 30' list
eliminated 2 of those 7 because they were trace amts.
leaving 5 from his 'significant 30' list found in the trunk (1 is chloroform)

But he also stated that to get a real percentage, you'd also have to exclude 20 from the 'significant 30' that did not pertain to this case (aerobic, late stage and florine related elements) So the realistic ratio would be 8 out of 10, or 80% of elements found in this trunk were in his 'significant elements of human decomposition'. He used only 5 to be sure he was being 'very conservative', but in his educated opinion it was actually 80% of the 'significant 30'.
Also(this is mine not Dr. Vass)of the 51 total elements found in that trunk, 41 are in his (400+) database, so 80.4% of every chemical they found in the trunk are in that database!

It was removed on the 16th, again after being aired out for hours. Also, she elaborated on 'sealing'...she basically slapped small pcs. of evidence tape onto each door and trunk opening. That takes just seconds, not as if she was applying long pcs. of tape completely sealing every opening, so she may have been within 3 ft. of the closed trunk for 10 sec. or so (those tow truck guys do not like to be left waiting). And again, after the car had been aired out and Fabreezed.

A great post. Thank you for all the work you put into clarifying the results from Dr. Vass. He is a truly great and brilliant dedicated man. JB hated this man who stood in the way of JB getting his client "off" the murder charges.

Wow! All I can say is...you know what they say about assuming...lol. I may not know the exact charges...but I have "lived" with the effects of the abuse in some shape or form. It's not a stretch to figure out what the end result was when you have daily contact with the victim.
Enough said.

Well, wouldn't that be making an assumption also?

We are going to make Baccalecca a believer. Step by step
conclusion shop:
#1 Do you believe the bones found in the swamp wrapped in plastic bags are Caylee Anthony's remains?

If this question is directed at me, yes... I believe the bones found in the swamp were Caylee's.

Here's a question for posters who believe George may have sexually abused FCA, or even, God forbid, little Caylee.

Let me make it very very clear, that my post is not directed at anyone in particular, or even those who have declared their belief that FCA in the midst of the lies told by a confirmed habitual liar, may have told one truth.

So, et tu? Let's just say, one of your nieces, or one of your daughters, or one of the neighbours children accused you of sexual advances - or even abuse. After all, a fair number of sexual abusers of children are women.

And the local police or sheriff's office came to your door, to ask you a few questions. There is no evidence, just the word of a child, or even a young adult who has a "lost memory" restored. You can deny it of course. But then the parent of that child tells another parent, and so it goes until the whole town is talking about it.

And when you walk down the street, or shop in the local supermarket, people stop in groups to talk about you, and you hear names like Sandra Cantu being thrown around. But you have friends who defend you, and say this is nonsense, there is no proof. And indeed there isn't, except this one child. and we know a child would never lie about that.

Time passes, and despite the odd Radio show discussing the possibility, and maybe a blurb on the local TV, you aren't charged - but people say about you - well you never know...y'know? She looked pretty shifty at the supermarket the other day, and hid her face and ran out to her car when we asked her about it. She denied it, but I just don't know....

It died down, years passed, but some people never forgot that, and people still talked about you behind your back when you walked by......

But there wasn't any proof - just a hinky feeling about you...Couldn't/doesn't happen? It happens every day. Just like mother's killing their children.

I think Caylee was "probably" killed by accident, due to Casey wanting to party ( drugging Caylee and she passed away from OD) and GA was NOT involved at all... I think it was a horrible accident and there is NO WAY that I could find Casey DP guilty.

Drugging a child intentionally to put them to sleep and the child dying as a result is no accident; it's called felony murder by aggravated child abuse. An accident is when a child runs out in the road and gets hit by a car or drowns in a pool on their own accord.

She may have not qualified for the DP or LWOP to a lot of people if she had only told the truth. Some years behind bars would have netted her far more forgiveness for a mistake than trying to live on the outside after having served four years from charges of "lying to police". The truth can set you free.........ya know?

I hope she's enjoying her new freedom for now because the minute she steps out on the sidewalk, that's the end of a "beautiful life". She will have no peace.

Excuse/forgive me for my "bold addition" Baznme, but I get nutty when folks discuss the DP as if it was the only choice. Now I know you know that....but I like to make a point of Both choices during these discussions about guilt for the capital murder charge.

Drugging a child and the child dying as a result is no accident; it's called felony murder by aggravated child abuse. An accident is when a child runs out in the road and gets hit by a car or drowns in a pool on their own accord.

*I* still feel it's an accident and should NOT be treated as a DP case. JMO

Like I've said before, the DP should be used on the likes of Ed Kemp, Dahmer, Bundy and Gacy and etc.

I still find it difficult to accept this verdict. I blame this jury for failing to do what they were sworn to do, and for violating the rules. They were ordered by HHJP to not consider opening statements. JB violated courtroom ethics, and there should have been some other way to stop this trial. The jury heard those words, as JB knew they would, and he counted on it. By stating that of GA was guilty of molestation, and participated in hiding the drowning of his granddaughter, JB changed the focus of the trial. The jury didn't have to consider that this young mother could murder and dump her child. They could ignore the duct tape. They could close their eyes and minds to pictures of Caylee Marie's skull with plant growth in the eye sockets. They could close their eyes and minds to pictures of the teeny tiny bones with animal teeth marks on them. They could ignore the testimony of LE and the expert witnesses of the state. Much simpler to accept the lies of JB and not have to think about anything other than that GA was a pervert. If they didn’t believe that Caylee Marie drowned they would have to stay longer, maybe weeks, and think and discuss among themselves about how she got into that swamp with that damn decaying yet stubborn duct tape on her skull holding her mandible in place. They might even have to ask to see some of the evidence again, to review and help them form an honest well-thought-out opinion.

*I* still feel it's an accident and should NOT be treated as a DP case. JMO

Like I've said before, the DP should be used on the likes of Ed Kemp, Dahmer, Bundy and Gacy and etc.

Here's the problem - for the DP/LWOP penalty case. No one had heard the drowning story for three years - not a peep - not from Mr. Baez, who along with his client, insisted the child was "missing" all those long years with his face on any media show that would have him.

No one, repeat, no one heard the drowning "story" until Baez's opening statements.

On June 16th, the LE gave FCA every opportunity to say it was an accident, but no - not a peep, just denial and kidnapping...

Why not fess up at that time.....er..um...a little matter of the duct tape and the swamp...

When the jury first went into deliberations, they took a poll and the vote was 10 to 2. They took another poll on the aggravated manslaughter and the vote was 6 to 6. How were the 6 jurors that were convinced of aggravated manslaughter decide to vote not guilty? Evidently they didn't "deliberate" this opinion for any length of time because the verdict came back in less than 10 hours. I agree, the amount of time in deliberations is not a factor here but please explain to me how and what evidence convinced the 6 jurors to vote with the majority?

I'm not sure how I'm suppose to answer that when I wasn't in the jury room for deliberations. You'll have to ask the jurors.

I'm confused here? I don't recall SB contacting the police to let them know the car was in his tow yard? The Anthony's picked the car up from the tow yard. IIRC, the LE contacted SB to obtain the trash bag that was thrown away when GA picked up the car. You also stated that SB works for OCSO? How so? By running a tow yard?

Approximately 10:50 SB talks about how he smelled a strong odor as soon as he put his hands on the glass of the windshield, proving that the odors didn't stay in the trunk.
http://www.youtube.com/user/1947Sierra#p/c/FE037DD2B5792CE0/70/AJKiPoU_KGM

Beginning about 1:38 in this video to beyond 2 minutes SB talks about him working for OCSO, he tows vehicles for them.
http://www.youtube.com/user/1947Sierra#p/c/FE037DD2B5792CE0/74/7Y2Msolhd1M

Same video as above, but approximately 3:05 onto about 6 minutes he talks about making his statement to police on July 24th because of his knowledge of this car. I do have to clarify that I misspoke earlier, LE didn't pick the car up after he spoke with them, it was before. So, his involvement didn't cause them to pick it up, but he still had involvement in the investigation.
http://www.youtube.com/user/1947Sierra#p/c/FE037DD2B5792CE0/74/7Y2Msolhd1M

Originally Posted by cuppy199 View Post
Honestly it truely bothers me that some are saying there is no evidence that KA killed Caylee but are willing to accuse a grandfather of sexually abusing his daughter and grandchild with just the word of a convicted lier.That is truely sad IMO

It is sad. There was plenty of evidence that Casey killed Caylee.

Jose Baez should be sued for his statements, totally unfounded statements, about abuse by George.

Isn't it odd that according to the jurors, FCA was found not guilty--BUT there is no investigation into 'who' killed Caylee?

You know why?: Because LE knows the killer just got out of jail free. I hope Karma comes to FCA real soon.

Excuse/forgive me for my "bold addition" Baznme, but I get nutty when folks discuss the DP as if it was the only choice. Now I know you know that....but I like to make a point of Both choices during these discussions about guilt for the capital murder charge.

We are NOT in a courtroom. WS posters dont have to follow trial protocol. kwim?

Drugging a child intentionally to put them to sleep and the child dying as a result is no accident; it's called felony murder by aggravated child abuse. An accident is when a child runs out in the road and gets hit by a car or drowns in a pool on their own accord.

Nope....That's not going to change my mind about the DP in this case..It should have NEVER been on the the table and I bet if the state could go back and change it they would..JMO

Nope....That's not going to change my mind about the DP in this case..It should have NEVER been on the the table and I bet if the state could go back and change it they would..JMO

1st degree premeditated murder is a DP worthy consideration.

Casey planned to murder her child. imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member