The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Suzihawk. I agree with your assessment. It is impossible to argue with fairy tales and imaginings. For some (thankfully few) the facts in evidence are an unnecessary burden.

Caylee accidentally drowned (no evidence) to avoid a confrontation with Cindy (no evidence) and the whole thing covered up by Cindy and George (no evidence) and that Casey lies because she was molested by her dad and brother (no evidence).

Using no evidence, it is just as likely that Caylee was strangled by her evil head scarf and the brown teddy bear carried her off to the swamp. Casey covered it up and lied because she is really only an imaginary person.

As other attorneys have said, the case was lost upon jury selection. Some of the conjecture is remarkably disturbing. Ashton warned about the trip down the rabbit hole - but it was clearly taken... with a first class ticket.

I often wish we could bring John McEnroe aboard with his famous rant: "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!"
BBM

Sometimes the simplest is the best. Very nice summary .Thanks!

I'm way behind but this bears bumping anyway. JMO

The difference with the Scott Peterson case is (I have said this many times- sorry if it's like a broken record) he was connected with the crime, eventhough is was circunstantial.
He bought a boat and didn't tell anyone.....

How about Casey Anthony was in charge of a minor who she stated was missing for thirty one days...and didnt tell anyone. I would say ...that is a connection. How about she was the last person seen with this minor...I would say that is a connection. Of course my little juror mind may be different from your little juror mind...so we have a hung jury.

This case certainly proves how important jury selection can be for each side. But I remain adamant in my statement that there is a schism regarding the concept of critical thought in this society.

Children suffer grief completely differently then adults do. In fact, young children may not even know that their loved one is never coming back; their minds don't understand it fully.

Same goes for teens, young adults, and aging adults. They all grieve a little differently then the other.

With Casey, I'm saying that I believe that she exhibits someone who's mind hasn't developed completely (perhaps in the emotional state) because of her behaviors in life. She appears to be someone who has suffered trauma at a younger age and her mind hasn't gotten past that point developmentally. That's just my opinion though.
My 15 year old son died when his siblings were 3,5,16,20,24and 27.He had cousins and many friends.NONE of them acted like nothing was wrong,let's go rent some videos.NONE of them pretended like he was hanging out somewhere else,let's go clubbing . We only had to explain death to our 5 year old (3 year old is developmentally disabled).He saw a therapist for 6 visits because he was present when his brother was found and it was traumatic. Now he's 11 and still talks about it.
School friends collected at our home,cried together ,wanted to participate in the funeral service and were obviously grieving. They made photo collages and had his soccer uniform framed for us.Many of them were unable to return to school for weeks,which created a problem,since it wasn't a legal excuse,but were grieving,torn up,unable to concentrate.

I'm not seeing Casey as a grieving anything. Not a grieving mom,for sure.Not a grieving young adult or a grieving child. She looks more like someone who was happy and having a great time.She looks carefree . Her actions after her own child died look exactly like someone who didn't care at all that her baby was dead. She wasn't grieving like a child or "ugly coping",she was celebrating her new "beautiful life".

There are two statements that Casey has made in the days leading up to the trial.

"You could have a bucket full of evidence, but it's all circumstantial"......

and the other made in the prescence of Rob D., the bodyguard:

"They haven't even found her clothes yet".

Who told her it was all circumstantial evidence? Was she THAT smart to have known that early on?

What clothes is she speaking of? The ones Caylee had on when she met her demise? Where would they have been hidden? Was there blood on them?

These kinds of things are why I can't let this go. Guilty or not.

My 15 year old son died when his siblings were 3,5,16,20,24and 27.He had cousins and many friends.NONE of them acted like nothing was wrong,let's go rent some videos.NONE of them pretended like he was hanging out somewhere else,let's go clubbing . We only had to explain death to our 5 year old (3 year old is developmentally disabled).He saw a therapist for 6 visits because he was present when his brother was found and it was traumatic. Now he's 11 and still talks about it.
School friends collected at our home,cried together ,wanted to participate in the funeral service and were obviously grieving. They made photo collages and had his soccer uniform framed for us.Many of them were unable to return to school for weeks,which created a problem,since it wasn't a legal excuse,but were grieving,torn up,unable to concentrate.

I'm not seeing Casey as a grieving anything. Not a grieving mom,for sure.Not a grieving young adult or a grieving child. She looks more like someone who was happy and having a great time.She looks carefree . Her actions after her own child died look exactly like someone who didn't care at all that her baby was dead. She wasn't grieving like a child or "ugly coping",she was celebrating her new "beautiful life".

My Aunt lost her only child when my cousin was only 28. Even though my she died over 20 years ago, we still cry when we talk about her.We all miss our loved ones,that have past, but the ones who leave us at an early age are hard to deal with.A family member who lived a long and productive life but suffered from illness and died is totally different than a child or young person who is gone too soon.

If there were no evidence of an accident (which is been said many times now), why would HHJP allow this discussion in closings? There was evidence presented of an accident.

What evidence? A picture of Caylee on the pool ladder?A picture of the ladder attached to the pool?A picture of Caylee at the back slider showing her reaching for the door handle?Proves little if you ask me.

I think it was just as much evidence as the computer search after being on myspace seeing your boyfriend post reference to chloroform and researching it 1 time not 84 and in MARCH not June.

Just as much evidence as LE using unproven never before used in a court of law air samples that lo and behold showed SHOCKING level of chloroform but yet fbi stated level was normal to cleaning product.

Just as much evidence as finding tape attached to hair but presenting it as covering mouth and nose while acknowledging that animals had disturbed the remains, RK had disturbed the remain, and that this tape held the mandible even though plant growth could have as well.

It is all inference. Not proven IMO.

The same can be said about the PT theory as is stated about the DT theory, that if you manipulate the "evidence" enough you can make or Break a case.

Alot has been said about Casey not grieving. However, I have witnessed Casey grieve during the jailhouse tapes and during the trial. Yes she lied, yes she covered up, and yes she at times appeared aloof, but I still see some grief and fear. She at times works at not showing any emotion and that could be coping mechanism. Her personality reeks of denial just like CA does.

Alot has been stated about Casey living it up staying with her boyfriend and partying down. I disagree. Yes she stayed at TL's, she didn't want to face her Mother. She didn't want to face losing Caylee. Yes she went to Fusion a couple weekend nights with the boyfriend she was staying with, trying to appear normal. Yes, she drank to help numb her fear and grief. However, I've seen no evidence of her partying down for 31 days.

Of course, you know what opinions are like, everyone has one. Those that do not agree with the verdict will probably never change their stance. I can only speak for myself, but I could be swayed should I actually see Evidence not inference that she killed the child.

I apologize for rambling on. Didn't realize I had wrote a book lol.

MOO MOO MOO

I think it was just as much evidence as the computer search after being on myspace seeing your boyfriend post reference to chloroform and researching it 1 time not 84 and in MARCH not June.

Just as much evidence as LE using unproven never before used in a court of law air samples that lo and behold showed SHOCKING level of chloroform but yet fbi stated level was normal to cleaning product.

Just as much evidence as finding tape attached to hair but presenting it as covering mouth and nose while acknowledging that animals had disturbed the remains, RK had disturbed the remain, and that this tape held the mandible even though plant growth could have as well.

The same can be said about the PT theory as is stated about the DT theory, that if you manipulate the "evidence" enough you can make or Break a case.

Alot has been said about Casey not grieving. However, I have witnessed Casey grieve during the jailhouse tapes and during the trial. Yes she lied, yes she covered up, and yes she at times appeared aloof, but I still see some grief and fear. She at times works at not showing any emotion and that could be coping mechanism. Her personality reeks of denial just like CA does.

Alot has been stated about Casey living it up staying with her boyfriend and partying down. I disagree. Yes she stayed at TL's, she didn't want to face her Mother. She didn't want to face losing Caylee. Yes she went to Fusion a couple weekend nights with the boyfriend she was staying with, trying to appear normal. Yes, she drank to help numb her fear and grief. However, I've seen no evidence of her partying down for 31 days.

Of course, you know what opinions are like, everyone has one. Those that do not agree with the verdict will probably never change their stance. I can only speak for myself, but I could be swayed should I actually see Evidence not inference that she killed the child.

I apologize for rambling on. Didn't realize I had wrote a book lol.

MOO MOO MOO

Ok, you don't believe the state proved beyond a reasonable doubt that KC murdered her daughter.

I disagree.

The not guilty verdict is a potential money-maker for the jurors.

There was collusion involved in this verdict, IMO. No one will ever convince me otherwise.

There was collusion involved in this verdict, IMO. No one will ever convince me otherwise.

Hinky and stinky. I wouldn't be surprised to find out there is an investigation.

children suffer grief completely differently then adults do. In fact, young children may not even know that their loved one is never coming back; their minds don't understand it fully.

Same goes for teens, young adults, and aging adults. They all grieve a little differently then the other.

With casey, i'm saying that i believe that she exhibits someone who's mind hasn't developed completely (perhaps in the emotional state) because of her behaviors in life. she appears to be someone who has suffered trauma at a younger age and her mind hasn't gotten past that point developmentally. That's just my opinion though.

bbm: Agree

Interesting post.A not so popular verdict would raise the public's interest in the jury's thoughts on this case. I hope the jury didn't stoop to that.

Its my understanding Judge Perry issued a very strong warning to all media about only releasing the pixelated shots.

That's what I remember too. But someone earlier stated to google and you can find non pixelated photos. I tried and couldn't find anything anywhere.

With all respect,.........that's not an answer. The question asked was "what would your "reasonable" conclusion be that happened to Caylee?

I've posted my theory and opinion multiple times on this thread alone. I think my theory IS reasonable. IMO

That's what I remember too. But someone earlier stated to google and you can find non pixelated photos. I tried and couldn't find anything anywhere.

Be really careful and pump your virus trojan and spyware protection into high gear searching for controversial pictures like that. Mine are blocking sites left and right from trying to install stuff. So much so I am not bothering to keep looking and will just be content with keeping my computer safe from harm and my opinions unchanged until I can see the pictures if they ever formally release them.

My Aunt lost her only child when my cousin was only 28. Even though my she died over 20 years ago, we still cry when we talk about her.We all miss our loved ones,that have past, but the ones who leave us at an early age are hard to deal with.A family member who lived a long and productive life but suffered from illness and died is totally different than a child or young person who is gone too soon.

I've lost both of my parents since my son died and my Father in law died yesterday morning after a brief illness.Very different.Still hard ,though : (

There are two statements that Casey has made in the days leading up to the trial.

"You could have a bucket full of evidence, but it's all circumstantial"......

and the other made in the prescence of Rob D., the bodyguard:

"They haven't even found her clothes yet".

Who told her it was all circumstantial evidence? Was she THAT smart to have known that early on?

What clothes is she speaking of? The ones Caylee had on when she met her demise? Where would they have been hidden? Was there blood on them?

These kinds of things are why I can't let this go. Guilty or not.

sounds like the talkings of a former police officer IMO. Or could be from a Defense attorney lol.

*respectfully snipped and BBM to emphasize subject matter*

It is important to note that Jeff Ashton was the first prosecutor to ever get DNA admitted into evidence in a Florida court, too. Talk about setting precedent! JA understands the sciences and is not intimidated by challenges.

Jurors literally beg for DNA evidence in 2011. I'm old enough to remember when DNA was considered "junk science". ha!

My point being - just because someone thinks something is "unproven" because it has "never before used in a court of law" does NOT mean it is not reliable evidence.

Interesting post.A not so popular verdict would raise the public's interest in the jury's thoughts on this case. I hope the jury didn't stoop to that.

I don't believe that.
Perhaps, if the other 9 come out from the shadows and begin to seek their fortunes, but until that happens, I don't believe it. I, too, would not have voted "guilty" but nor would I have any interest in anyone knowing who I was, or in going on TV or writing about it. I doubt very much 12 people could be made to think this is a way to make money.

*respectfully snipped and BBM to emphasize subject matter*

It is important to note that Jeff Ashton was the first prosecutor to ever get DNA admitted into evidence in a Florida court, too. Talk about setting precedent! JA understands the sciences and is not intimidated by challenges.

Jurors literally beg for DNA evidence in 2011. I'm old enough to remember when DNA was considered "junk science". ha!

My point being - just because someone thinks something is "unproven" because it has "never before used in a court of law" does NOT mean it is not reliable evidence.

I understand that, all science has to start somewhere in someone's courtroom at sometime. However, I just didn't buy the air sample/chloroform science. Considering 2 samples were taken at the same time and sent to two separate labs and yielded two different opinions, I side with the FBI lab. All JMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member