The Verdict is In - post your thoughts here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I truly, in my heart of hearts, cannot understand why half of a city has made a psychopath into some kind of posterboy-celebrity-martyr for such lofty causes as dad's rights and the soundness of the entire American justice and law enforcement system. It just boggles my mind. I have read and read to try and understand some of the viewpoints, and I might as well be reading Chinese. If you were going to pick a poster boy for such lofty concepts, wouldn't you pick someone who wasn't a BC? Who didn't evidence the traits of a psychopath? Who did evidence some concern for a missing wife and later two motherless children? Who didn't lie and change his story? Who didn't require the entire free world to be involved in conspiracy in order to make him somehow innocent?

I'm not baffled at those who want to see him have a fair trial. Everyone should have a fair trial. I'm baffled at those who have put him on a pedestal and made a psychopath a symbol for good.

One question: is there any way to know the Innocence Project's stance on this trial? Whether they will further involve themselves or walk away? Walking away from it would be a pretty strong indictment, wouldn't it?

I'm sure they must (know he's guilty). They saw all the evidence; they saw that Google search before any of us did. Doesn't change that they will defend their client to the best of their ability, and make no mistake about it--Brad got a rigorous defense--no one can say he didn't.

But yeah, I believe they knew.

I hugged my son and daughter tight and spoke with my oldest daughter, a mom of two small sons herself, and let them know just how grateful I am and proud of them. I just can't get my head around how BC's mom has to be shattered. Her son, husband of her daughter in law (who we've heard third hand, she wasn't pleased with -still), father of two of her grandchildren, brother of her firstborn son is going to spend the remainder of her & his life in prison for brutally murdering his wife with his bare hands and throwing her away essentially naked like storm drainage. Wonder, after all said, if she, like NC's mom, knows the truth?

One question: is there any way to know the Innocence Project's stance on this trial? Whether they will further involve themselves or walk away? Walking away from it would be a pretty strong indictment, wouldn't it?

Guess we'll have to wait and see. There's no DNA that can exonerate Brad Cooper. There's no eye witness testimony implicating him in the murder that can be impeached. It's all circumstantial, and Brad's lies and deposition nailed him as surely as his own computer usage. He isn't going to suddenly produce the missing shoes, the missing router, the missing clothes.

I think he's toast.

If the man didn't walk his dog and pay attention to the vultures...yikes.

Who watched the WRAL special at 7 tonight?
Was it any good?

I hugged my son and daughter tight and spoke with my oldest daughter, a mom of two small sons herself, and let them know just how grateful I am and proud of them. I just can't get my head around how BC's mom has to be shattered. Her son, husband of her daughter in law (who we've heard third hand, she wasn't pleased with -still), father of two of her grandchildren, brother of her firstborn son is going to spend the remainder of her & his life in prison for brutally murdering his wife with his bare hands and throwing her away essentially naked like storm drainage. Wonder, after all said, if she, like NC's mom, knows the truth?

I don't have any criticism for Brad's mom. She is who she is. She doesn't show emotions and that's a statement, not a criticism. Nancy came from a very affectionate family and I have no doubt she attributed the lack of affection from her in-laws as "not liking her". His parents were there every day thoughout the entire trial and that speaks to their love for their son. My heart goes out to them.

Who watched the WRAL special at 7 tonight?
Was it any good?

I missed the first 7 minutes or so but what I saw was good. The attorneys they had on to give their opinions were good. Some of the excerpts were good. It was a nice synopsis.

ETA:

Originally Posted by Palomine
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Nancy's twin sister Krista: I've always wanted to know why (Brad killed Nancy). #coopertrial

me, too...:(

Why did he do it?
I'll give it a try...

Money
Meanness
Me-ness
Madness

Why did he do it?
I'll give it a try...

Money
Meanness
Me-ness
Madness

I think it had more to do with anger and "winning". It looked to me like he thought he was in a competition that he not only couldn't train for but couldn't even get to the starting line. He was looking to find a way to "win" or avoid the contest altogether way before the seperation agreement came up. MOO

O/T for those also following the Coleman trial, they just announce the jury has reached a verdict. The parties are gathering into the courtroom, Fox2 will announce as soon as they find out what the verdict is.

http://www.fox2now.com/news/livestreaming/

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Nancy's twin sister Krista (has custody of Coopers' daughters): They're doing very well. They want me home for Mother's Day. #coopertrial

Now that one did it for me... :tears:

(Thanking God that those little ones have Krista-Mom.)

What questions would you ask lawyers in this case?

I'd like to ask the state team about their decision to not present the windows system event log evidence. To me, that was a second smoking gun. That must have been some discussion they had over the weekend to not present it. How much of the decision was confidence in the case so far? How much was fear of confusing the jury with technical testimony? How much was the time involved? How much was to keep potential scope of surrebuttal small?

Following is part of a post I made before the case became cloudy for me. *Now that the jury has declared I want to repeat it.

Brad, if you have the chance to come back to Websleuths, a place you visited so shortly after Nancy was murdered, consider this. You are a weak failure. You liked triathlons because they represent the conquering of a challenge through hard work and endurance. They are hard, they prove your mettle – you need to have strong will to do well. But those are only games. In the real contest of will and strength – life – you failed in the worst way possible. Rather than overcome the adversity of a bad relationship or a rough legal settlement, you gave up. You cheated. You stole. You robbed your own children of their mother and their father all to avoid the consequences of life. You robbed a human being of her life. All the contests you ever entered were there just to convince you you were not the weak minded failure you ultimately proved to be. You’re just a chump who gave up when the going got tough, a loser who would stoop to any measure, even murder, rather than face your obligations.

It’s sad that it was not a mystery van of killers, because the children have lost both their parents now. But it is good they have a loving family who embrace them without reservation and without regard to burden or cost. And it is good that it is far, far away from this place where selfish self-regard cast a shadow of evil on a dark night on their mother who loved them so much.

Brad, the strong are Nancy’s family who now carry with love the remainder of the family you ultimately destroyed. Even in death Nancy has the means to protect and provide for her children - you just couldn't understand and thankfully couldn't destroy the bridge of love between her family and her and the children. Thank God that family, each of them, has the perseverance and willpower and love that you lacked completely.

Now you're making me cry...thanks for the eloquent and accurate post -- so very well-put.

I am sure others noticed but there was a whole different kind of family connection between Brad and his parents and Nancy and hers. I understand in this case that NC was the one gone from her family, but I never one time got a warm fuzzy feeling between BC and his parents. I also wonder as someone mentioned last night where was the brother. Why wasn't he at least there for the deliberation and then verdict. The Cooper's didn't show much emotion IMO. I just have this gut feeling, they really weren't sure of what happened. My observation only. MC did fine on the stand but I am not sure that BC showed all this confusion and sadness for any other reason than it was his mother. Any other ideas?

Maybe he told his brother he did it! He didn't even look back at his parents even when leaving...he didn't look shocked ...Nothing absolutely nothing...now he can fill up his time in the prison library trying to find ways to get out of this!

Was hoping Cinco de Mayo for both.

O/T for those also following the Coleman trial, they just announce the jury has reached a verdict. The parties are gathering into the courtroom, Fox2 will announce as soon as they find out what the verdict is.

http://www.fox2now.com/news/livestreaming/

they don't even get a camera in the courtroom for the verdict?? couldn't the reporter at least talk while he standing out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member