The Verdict is In - post your thoughts here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
me, too...:(

ETA~~ Regarding Krista wanting to know why Brad did this...

Unfortunately we will never know, nor will the Rentz Family and certainly the kids...Brad had one huge issue, and thats the inability to vent, interact and maintain relationships..so I have to guess, its all up there in his mind...and he will never share:snooty:.....at least NOT for a very very long time :sigh:

I would just love to get a few of the juror's to share just what items they hung their hat on in order to come to their decisions....As a long time trial watcher, I find it very enlightening..:clap:

Comment on how the day went with jury activities..I do think alot of the "Tells" came true today..First the suit wearing juror,... secondly, an extra long lunch... thirdly, the quick break before handing in their verdict form... Just affirms some of what they do indeed does indicate things:seeya:

Is there video up yet on WRAL or WTVD that shows the courtroom/Brad when the verdict was handed down? Anybody help?

Whew!!! I watched the video every second it was on. It didn't go off until after the Rentz were interviewed. I am usually pretty stoic, but not when the family started thanking everyone and being so gracious. May this family be able to recover their lives somewhat although a part of them is missing. Those two little girls will be well loved and taken care of. They will thrive with loving care.

I just ended a good cry. Justice was done today and I am thankful for it.

"As I did with the announcement of Brad Cooper’s arrest several years ago, I want to use the opportunity of his conviction to again encourage every person who’s in a challenging relationship to take the steps necessary to keep yourselves safe.

Please remember that Nancy Cooper said to many that she didn’t think Brad would ever physically hurt her. Nancy was wrong, and the consequences were dire. Learn from her legacy, and get help now."

From the Statement from Cary Town Manager Benjamin Shivar

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/n...story/9556716/ Full statement linked

I've sat through attacks on the Carey police, Nancy, her friends, the prosecutors, and the town of Carey. The jury has spoken. I hope they will be given the respect that the others in this case also deserved. Isn't it enough? NO one sat through this for the responsibility of the outcome but the jurors. I'm sure they are changed from their duty. They did not ask to be brought into this tragedy. Not one person asked to be brought into this tragedy....Brad caused this destruction that will forever effect so many people. I say, respect the jurors and end the attacks. It may be hard for some to accept....if so, perhaps you should take a break. Justice for Nancy.

Whew!!! I watched the video every second it was on. It didn't go off until after the Rentz were interviewed. I am usually pretty stoic, but not when the family started thanking everyone and being so gracious. May this family be able to recover their lives somewhat although a part of them is missing. Those two little girls will be well loved and taken care of. They will thrive with loving care.

I just ended a good cry. Justice was done today and I am thankful for it.

Was that JA asking questions and taking notes?

What a serious miscarriage of justice. I have lost all faith in our society and people to follow the law as its intended. I am ashamed of what our country has become. With that--I will not comment again, and will not follow another trial. I hope Gessner realizes that his bias is putting an innocent man in prison.

So my feelings about this whole case all along has been that there should have been a better investigative job. I really never was able to get off the fence and still truly don't have the answers that wold let me get off the fence in one direction or the other. There are 2 main things that have never been resolved for me and they both point back to bad investigation.

The fact that several people on here were able to come up with at least 3 reasonable scenarios down to motive, means and opportunity based solely on the information that was presented in court means that CPD did not do enough to properly investigate leads. Whether they thought they had their guy or not they should have done a better job of ruling out the glaring possibilities sitting in front of their face if BC truly committed the crime.

The thing that didn't let me get off the fence to the completely innocent side is I still believe he may have spoofed to 6:40 am call based on some details I saw that were never discussed. Again this should not have been difficult to investigate but this I will chalk up to CPD and LE in general simply not having the experience and knowledge of data networking required to investigate properly or to even know who or what to ask.

So for me the results of this trial have inspired to me to come out of retirement and pursue work in digital forensics.

Interesting case! I smiled at the judge's comments telling the jury that the bloggers and discussion board people don't know what they're talking about.

Did anyone just see WRAL showing BC being rushed away in a white vehicle?

WRAL just showed BC driving away in the back of a police vehicle.

AL doing interview with Rentz's. Mr Rentz wants to extend conversation with Coopers since they are the other set of grandparents

Where to next?

Another case going to trial soon, I believe: Matt Johnson, in the death of Joshua McCabe Bailey. Trenkle seems to be providing the defense. I'm surprised that this is going to court: five other people claim to have witness the defendant force the victim to dig his own grave, before the defendant shot him execution-style. Two of those co-conspirators have pled guilty to lesser charges in exchange for testimony. (Caveat: this is just my recollection of events, which might be inaccurate.)

http://www.carrborocitizen.com/main/2008/09/18/a-sad-and-twisted-case-of-murder/

It'll be interesting to see what Trenkle can do with this. I can guarantee that his closing argument won't be "no blood, no bodily fluids, no evidence."

I've sat through attacks on the Carey police, Nancy, her friends, the prosecutors, and the town of Carey. The jury has spoken. I hope they will be given the respect that the others in this case also deserved. Isn't it enough? NO one sat through this for the responsibility of the outcome but the jurors. I'm sure they are changed from their duty. They did not ask to be brought into this tragedy. Not one person asked to be brought into this tragedy....Brad caused this destruction that will forever effect so many people. I say, respect the jurors and end the attacks. It may be hard for some to accept....if so, perhaps you should take a break. Justice for Nancy.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member