The window and the lights

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also don't think we know if the window was wide open when she went to bed or just open an inch, or in what position it was in when JI tried to close it.

My observations tells me that the window was too high to climb through from the outside. Looking at it from the inside, it was lower to the floor. No intruder came through that window and I am highly suspect at the parents for pushing that theory. Whoever came up with it didn't think about how high off the sidewalk it really was.

So they had to abandon that and go with the main door. Neither parent offers up any other entry or exit...

On Dr. Phil, I see the window scenario returned in full force by DB. It makes no sense. If it doesn't make sense, it's probably a lie.

Did the baby thief bring a steak for the dogs in the neighborhood, since none barked? No neighbors heard anything either.

I have had the opportunity to talk to burglars, etc. They steer clear of houses with dogs.

I don't think the window or front door was an entry for any baby thief. Those dogs would have barked like crazy if the window was used. IMO, they also would have barked if a stranger approached the house or a strange car drove up.

Did the baby thief bring a steak for the dogs in the neighborhood, since none barked? No neighbors heard anything either.

I have had the opportunity to talk to burglars, etc. They steer clear of houses with dogs.

I don't think the window or front door was an entry for any baby thief. Those dogs would have barked like crazy if the window was used. IMO, they also would have barked if a stranger approached the house or a strange car drove up.

Um....when did you talk to burglars? Did you go to a jail to question them?

They wouldn't necessarily bark if they knew the person. Jim Spellman even remarked on one of his filmed interviews that the exact dog in question was not barking at him any more when he went up to the fence.

We used to tell the college girls on my campus properties to put big dog bowls by their door, patio or front, and to hang a large leash nearby to discourage burglars.

My observations tells me that the window was too high to climb through from the outside. Looking at it from the inside, it was lower to the floor. No intruder came through that window and I am highly suspect at the parents for pushing that theory. Whoever came up with it didn't think about how high off the sidewalk it really was.

So they had to abandon that and go with the main door. Neither parent offers up any other entry or exit...

On Dr. Phil, I see the window scenario returned in full force by DB. It makes no sense. If it doesn't make sense, it's probably a lie.
I do not know of any kid in this neighborhood that has not gotten in their house at least once by a window with the same configuration as this one. It can and has been done many times. It is only waist high.

I do not know of any kid in this neighborhood that has not gotten in their house at least once by a window with the same configuration as this one. It can and has been done many times. It is only waist high.

This window does not appear waist high, unless one is 8 feet tall or more.

article-0-0E51C00600000578-668_634x350.jpg

c3796daf-71a7-4273-a9d3-bb21c88dfabb_300.jpg

Some detective's butt memorialized for all time on the intertubez tryin' to get in the window

This is a waist high window? It looks to be 3.5-4 ft off the ground. Weren't here better pics somewhere?

This is a waist high window? It looks to be 3.5-4 ft off the ground. Weren't here better pics somewhere?
It might be belly button level. They are not impossible for people to get into even without anything to step up on. Just because these cops couldn't do it does not make it fact. I am proof myself that it can and does happen. I grew up in this neighborhood and in that house I had to climb in before. My house now has windows about the exact same height. One of my kids has had to climb into it.

If you find a better picture, keep in mind that these houses have only 8ft ceilings so the ceiling is where the soffet comes out above. Then look how far down from that the bottom of the window is. It's over halfway down which would be 4ft.

Isn't there a basement? I realize it's not impossible to climb in a window and would be easier for someone smaller, younger and more agile but not impossible for a full grown middle aged person. Iirc there was something right inside the window. I believe a lamp.

I wasn't referring to the cops experiment as them ruling out the window as an entry point. I thought there was no sign of entry. No disturbed dust, spider webs, no fingerprints, etc that indicated it not the entrypoint. But maybe I'm remembering wrong.

It might be belly button level. They are not impossible for people to get into even without anything to step up on. Just because these cops couldn't do it does not make it fact. I am proof myself that it can and does happen. I grew up in this neighborhood and in that house I had to climb in before. My house now has windows about the exact same height. One of my kids has had to climb into it.

If you find a better picture, keep in mind that these houses have only 8ft ceilings so the ceiling is where the soffet comes out above. Then look how far down from that the bottom of the window is. It's over halfway down which would be 4ft.

If your belly button is located on your chest! I will give it to you that this does not look impossible to get into, but the window fell on the one cop that tried. Jeremy didn't say the screen was out, he said it had been bent. On the Jeanine Pirro interview, both Jeremy and Debbie adamantly denied someone could come in that way - then the story changed. I can no longer find that interview.

Here's the reenactment:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...k-familys-home/story?id=14702680#.TzyTwMXOVEI

Isn't there a basement? I realize it's not impossible to climb in a window and would be easier for someone smaller, younger and more agile but not impossible for a full grown middle aged person. Iirc there was something right inside the window. I believe a lamp.

I agree with your assessment on the physical characteristics that one would have to have in order to hoist themself up to this window while holding the screen out, attempting to get one's body and legs up and over the window sill, trying not to knock anything over, in complete silence and in full view of cars passing by on the street and neighbors eyes to the left, right and the front since there are no shrubs to camoflage the intruder. Not only impossible but improbable IMHO.

I wasn't referring to the cops experiment as them ruling out the window as an entry point. I thought there was no sign of entry. No disturbed dust, spider webs, no fingerprints, etc that indicated it not the entrypoint. But maybe I'm remembering wrong.
But my answer was in response to this
My observations tells me that the window was too high to climb through from the outside.
saying that it was not possible to enter the window. Look at the post I answered and what part I bolded.

I read that. I didn't quote anything. I said I thought police had ruledthe window out as the entry point regardless of whether Or not it is physically possible to climb in through the window, based on other information they obtained in their investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back