The Woman Who Shut Up Simon Cowell

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just read that about two minutes ago. I never heard much hype about the dance group?

Hi Alsmom, Yesterday I heard a commentator say she thought the 12 yr old boy singer from India would win. It's hard to imagine a dance group beating out a chantreuse like Susan! xox

She's still the winner, none of us know about a dance group called Diversity! I hope the Queen calls for a private performance, and I bet she will. God bless Susan, a bright spot in tough times.

I think her performance was awesome and I don't care that she didn't win the contest. She's a winner in my book and every person that's had the pleasure of hearing her.

I too can't wait for her CD!

I love her!

fran

PS........Simon said, "I adore you." He can be a nice guy when he wants to be. ;)

She knocked their socks tee-totally off. I'm so proud of her.

Winning this contest isn't what is important now. She's already won. It was a stepping stone for her and she is on her way to much bigger and better things, and I am going to buy one of those better things as soon as she records it. I'll buy every one she does record. I adore Susan :)

My husband and I have been following her quick rise / story. We're so happy for her and what she's achieved at an older age than most. She's amazing and even if she didn't win, she's won the hearts of many around the world. I'd buy her CD if she made one.

WTG SUSAN dear, your dreams have made us smile :) So happy for you!!!!!

I think her performance was awesome and I don't care that she didn't win the contest. She's a winner in my book and every person that's had the pleasure of hearing her.

I too can't wait for her CD!

I love her!

fran

PS........Simon said, "I adore you." He can be a nice guy when he wants to be. ;)

Susan won my heart the first time I heard her sing! It's a shame she won't be getting the $100,000 but I think she will get far more with the release of a CD and the love of a Nation! I will surely buy her CD!

And a little O/T regarding Simon...I think he likes people to think he's an OGRE but he actually is a very kind and giving person..Simon was on Oprah and introduced Oprah's viewers to the Stoen family from Minnesota. Madeline Stoen was diagnosed with cancer at 3 and her family drives over 100 miles each day to get her the medical treatment she needs. Madeline was diagnosed in February and has already lost 10 pounds, only 3 weeks into the process, the family is already struggling financially.

Simon chose the family to do his own big give and as of the afternoon of the show, the family's mortgage of $162,000 had been paid off by Simon. He also told the family that they can look to him for help in the future as well. :clap:

Now see Dolly, that's the type of man I have a weakness for...comes off as one mean mamma-jamma to the rest of the world but is softness and love on the inside (I got me one of those :D)

I am sad that Susan didn't win but this is not going to hurt her chances of becoming a professional singer at all. Maybe now that the pressure is off, she can enjoy all the attention and good things that will happen to her. I wish her all the luck and happiness in the world.

I was really disappointed she did not win. I don't know why they pit such different types of performers against each other. If she had gone up against solo singers I think she would have won. Maybe the show promoters thought the limelight was too much for her. I almost wish they had left her alone as it seemed she was set up for a fall. I hope she goes on to have a successful career in a venue more comfortable for her.

Goldie

My Dear Husband and I are shocked that she did not win (He is from the UK) but we hope she still get to perform before the Queen. She is fabulous. We love her. What an inspiration she has been to the world. We love her. Thank you Susan.

I heard this being discussed on the View today so found a link about Susan having the nerve to use the F Bomb. I am so glad I have never been under this kind of microscope!

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/susan-boyle-involved-in-two-f-bomb-outbursts-2009285

VB

I cannot begin to imagine the pressure Susan is feeling. She reminds me so much of an actor who has played in a great epic film that is the Movie of the Year and they got Best Actor...only to try to impress their fans again in another movie after then. It is so hard to repeat.

With Susan right out of the gate her first performance was spellbinding. Millions wanted to hear her sing over and over again. Now Susan knows she has to pick just the right song, with just the right pitch, with just the right words to repeat that phenomenal magical performance she gave the first night.

The pressure has to be so crushing to her. She is not a sophisticated woman and has a heart that is soft and easily hurt and there are always those who love to cause hurt even to the ones that don't deserve it.

I wish Susan the very very best because imo SHE is the best we have seen in a very long time.

imo

I'm disappointed, but she did really, really well to attain what she did; and I'm sure there is more in her future.

Hi Alsmom, Yesterday I heard a commentator say she thought the 12 yr old boy singer from India would win. It's hard to imagine a dance group beating out a chantreuse like Susan! xox

Erm the 12 yr old was from Wales :)

Actually the dance group was amazing they really was :)

I was really disappointed she did not win. I don't know why they pit such different types of performers against each other. If she had gone up against solo singers I think she would have won. Maybe the show promoters thought the limelight was too much for her. I almost wish they had left her alone as it seemed she was set up for a fall. I hope she goes on to have a successful career in a venue more comfortable for her.

Goldie

I am curious how she was set up for a fall? Its a talent competition and involved many different sort of acts ie Singers dancers ventroliquists flower arranging to music..burlesque dancers dancing dogs a guy playing a saxaphone and even a guy driling holes through his nose and hanging things from them ( that one was gross).

Yes she could have gone in a show where there was only singing. We have the X Factor..but no way would she have won that.

At the end of the day..its all down to how many votes you get and the younger performers get a bucketload.

In any event while waiting for the results Susan seemed terrified that she had won it and seemed very scared..once she knew she was second and not the winner she immediately seemed far happier.

Erm the 12 yr old was from Wales :)

Actually the dance group was amazing they really was :)

Oh they both were wonderful weren't they? :) I thought the 12 yr old had an incrediable voice and the dance troupe was amazing too!

I am curious how she was set up for a fall? Its a talent competition and involved many different sort of acts ie Singers dancers ventroliquists flower arranging to music..burlesque dancers dancing dogs a guy playing a saxaphone and even a guy driling holes through his nose and hanging things from them ( that one was gross).

Yes she could have gone in a show where there was only singing. We have the X Factor..but no way would she have won that.

At the end of the day..its all down to how many votes you get and the younger performers get a bucketload.

In any event while waiting for the results Susan seemed terrified that she had won it and seemed very scared..once she knew she was second and not the winner she immediately seemed far happier.

I think that there were those that wanted to exploit her innocence and do a Pygmalion act on her, and I think they were put off by her inability to handle the reporters and the culture of the media so they dumped her. As far as the format of the show is concerned, you are right, I did not realize that they compared such disparate talents with one another.

I must say, that after almost two weeks of watching this video a number of times, it still brings tears to my eyes each time. I have something to say about this and Ms. Boyle and BGT.

I saw on AOL the other day where they were taking a pole or some such thing and there's all sorts of conspiracy theory type things going out that this episode was staged by Simon et al. That is not true, IMHO.

A week or so ago I viewed online an interview with Simon where he was questioned about this episode. He stated that this video was actually filmed in January and he feels that this was one of the greater moments of television. He said he WAS completely surprised by Susan's performance. He went on to say that it had been a very long day and all the judges were very tired and stressed,........but then came Susan! (of course this is all in his own words, but you get the gist)

IMHO, everything most likely happened just as shown on youtube. OF COURSE they spliced various film shots from a number of videos being taken simultaneously to get the desired effect. I believe this was all as it happened, from the judge's reactions, the audience reactions, Susan's performance, all spliced together to get one of the most dramatic and satisfying videos ever to show on youtube.

I'm also pleased that Susan has now decided to take a make-over. Seriously....she's not over-doing it, just enough to make herself appear more finished, more suited to accept and ride with the flow, of her new found fame.

At the end of the day, what a gift! I'm so happy that Susan Boyle has FINALLY been discovered and the world will now have the privilege of listening to her beautiful voice.

Go Susan!

:)
fran

I have no idea if this was set up or not..but it is a fact though that on X Factor ( which also is Simons show) that it has been slightly rigged...and that people have gone there as unknowns when really they wasnt unknown to the judges at all. Likewise Escala who went on BGT last year was at the wrapping up party for the X Factor so had connection to a company run by Simon and he acted like they was people just off the street. Likewise for X Factor..on tv they make it look like oeople just turn up when in reality they have already had at least one interview..and some people with connections have been known to not have to do the first ones so..yes the shows are set up to a degree.

I think that there were those that wanted to exploit her innocence and do a Pygmalion act on her, and I think they were put off by her inability to handle the reporters and the culture of the media so they dumped her. As far as the format of the show is concerned, you are right, I did not realize that they compared such disparate talents with one another.

My honest opinion - although she has a good voice..if she wants to be successful she has to manage herself better. Going nuts in a hotel just cos Piers praised a 12 year old kid is stupid especially when you think of all the good publicity she has had the last month or so. She has had excellent support from Simon Piers and the programme itself - i just have doubts shes going to be able to handle any of this and ive read on here people would like her to go to Broadway...personally i cant see that happening...right now..shes shown she can do it and it honestly wouldnt surprise me if she just vanishes out of the public eye or for a while at least.

Waiting for the results i dont know...she seemed like she had taken something to sedate her and she seemed so happy that she hadnt won. I think she just didnt realise how much her life would change.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro
Back