The Woman Who Shut Up Simon Cowell

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
50 million hits and still rising...now...how many cds would she sell immediately? LOL She could go platinum overnight. Sign her up, Simon.

It's nice to know there is still magnificent unpredictability in this world

What a voice!

Kay, here's an example of what I was speaking of regarding talent shows. The following is but one of six contestants for BGT 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPcYrHAGyo4

These little girls were not only appallingly out of tune but claimed to be much better than the "spice girls." Please. And they were just about as rude as the judges. Even so, if the judges are going to say, "you suck" how about saying why?

Here's some other acts from BGT 2: =>click<= Be sure to view Darth Jackson & Peter Coghlan.

And then check out BGT 1 again to see who else was on with Susan Boyle =>click<= For example, Gwyneth Marichi & Fabia Cerra.

All things considered, I am not seeing any real differences between today's talent shows and those of yesteryear. Just a different crew, and every so often a diamond in the rough.

Btw, and aside, I think Shaheen Jafargholi is a serious contender. Though, something about that act seems staged. Just sayin...

Again today, I went back and relistened to Susan. BTW, my 14 yr old son is enthralled with her voice too, and he can't wait for me to buy her CD when it comes out! :wink:

What does Susan represent to us? Many of us love her exquisite voice. For me she is much more, she represents to me that a dream can live on and is never inaccessible. I once had a dream to finish college and to work outside of the home. However, I made choices that lead me in another direction, one that has been so fulfilling I don't think of the dream I had as deferred but rather set aside for the love of my children and family.

But thanks to Susan, I am rethinking if I am too old to persue that dream now. I just might take my 47 yr old busted down bum into a college classroom and finish it!

Thanks Susan, for your voice which has uplifted my heart and soul. Thanks for giving me the ability to dream for myself again :blowkiss:

I just got done posting on another forum and couldn't stop crying...came here to watch Susan's video I posted and it cheered me up. This is actually the first I've been able to watch it without crying. It actually helped to calm me down! I love you Susan Boyle...I really hope and pray all of your dreams come true! I seriously can't wait for your much anticipated cd...and still holding out hope you do broadway! xox!

Although I do agree that Susan has a beautiful voice, does anyone think that if her appearance was "normal" or "mainstream" that she wouldn't be international news? I think the media has made a big deal about this because of this woman's appearance, and that is so shallow and sad. I think if she was "normal" or "mainstream" in her appearance, we would all be saying "Susan Boyle who?"

Perhaps people are drawn to her because of her looks. What is the harm in that? Usually people are drawn to beauty that is completely unobtainable to the rest of the world. This unobtainable beauty has become has become the cause of many young ladies angst and low self-esteem. So, to have an average woman with TRUE talent spotlighted for once is nothing to balk at.

Kay, here's an example of what I was speaking of regarding talent shows. The following is but one of six contestants for BGT 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPcYrHAGyo4

I laughed heartily at Simon thinking he heard their group name as "The Singing Trolls". They didn't perform well at all. No stage presence. No singing abilities. They were very nasty at the end there as well. I would have gotten quite the earful had I spoken to an adult the way they had at the end there. Especially on broadcast television.

I think Susan is simply amazing. I simply can not get enough of her voice. I would love to see her perform live and as many times as I have seen Phantom, Les Mis, Cats, Miss Saigon as well as others her talent belongs in that type of venue. Is Andrew Lloyd Weber still around? Sign Susan up!

I just got done posting on another forum and couldn't stop crying...came here to watch Sandra's video I posted and it cheered me up. This is actually the first I've been able to watch it without crying. It actually helped to calm me down! I love you Sandra Boyle...I really hope and pray all of your dreams come true! I seriously can't wait for your much anticipated cd...and still holding out hope you do broadway! xox!

I can see by your posts that you are truly awe struck by Miss Boyle. The only thing is...in your post above and your last post you called her Sandra. Her name is Susan.

See...you are so taken by her beautiful voice,you can't even remember her first name! LOL. :blowkiss:

So it sounds like Piers wants to be the one to kiss her!

They would be a cute couple. She just may be too nice for him though.

Shadow~ I am going to have to respectfully disagree with your assessment on shows like American Idol and Britain's Got Talent show. While there are the few that dare to try with no talent, they are there knowing they won't be selected to go onto the "main event". However, the serious singer/musician types are there to further their aspirations and use the shows as a springboard into their careers.

Our friend, David Cook, proved this to me last year on American Idol. ;) It isn't a sham or a circus. It is a legitimate way to make a splash onto the national music scene. (By the way~ I am very proud of him. WOOHOO!)

While i kinda agree with Shadow because of the Chris Daughtery ordeal,i do love David Cook and was very pleased that he won. Sometimes i kinda wonder about it being rigged myself especially when Taylor Hicks won and i hope im not offending anyone when i say he was horrible and purely jmo but Chris was way better but also at the same time he went on to become way bigger then idol. I even quit watching after Taylor won until David came along. I have heard so much about this Susan lady and yes very cold but i have to admit when i seen her on tv i laughed to myself and said what a joke so now that i see there is a thread and all this hype i have to check her out.

Wow! Guess as the saying goes," never judge a book by it's cover". Simply beautiful,she brought tears to my eyes. Loved it!

I can see by your posts that you are truly awe struck by Miss Boyle. The only thing is...in your post above and your last post you called her Sandra. Her name is Susan.

See...you are so taken by her beautiful voice,you can't even remember her first name! LOL. :blowkiss:

I know. Thanks so much! :blowkiss: I just fixed it! I went from that 11 y/o boy's thread (Carl...so sad) to Sandra Cantu's thread...was crying when I typed the post - not thinking typed the wrong name...lol. Thanks so much. Yes, it's Susan that I adore...for so many reasons...hope being the biggest. What a sweet woman!

Early recording of Britain's Got Talent's Susan Boyle unearthed

....The recording unearthed by Telegraph.co.uk is an earlier demo tape that Ms Boyle had produced to send to record companies, and to local and national TV and radio talent competitions including Michael Barrymore's My Kind of People, for which she later auditioned but was rejected.

The recording was made at her own expense with Miss Boyle telling friends at the time that she had "spent all her savings" on it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...itains-Got-Talents-Susan-Boyle-unearthed.html

lol I'm hearing her singing "Who's sorry now"....

ETA

Singing Angel Susan Boyle's family photo album

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...n-boyle-s-family-photo-album-115875-21288346/

Watching LKL tonight and he again showed the clip of when he had her on last week! It was so cute how Piers asked her out to dinner and she very quickly accepted his offer!
They also showed a clip of the 12 yo boy who is also in the running for BGT, it will be a great contest between the 2 of them!

VB

I just had to rehear this again. The woman simply brings tears to my eyes. A-mazing!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul
Back