Theories #1: What Happened to Jennifer Kesse?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be small, but I always thought it was odd, when you drive out of the mosaic, you have to make a right, then a U turn to go back to HOG. I wonder why they didn't get on I4 and ditch it up the highway.. seems inconvenient but maybe they wanted it in a h crime area..

ps. I listened to the podcast "Unconcluded", if I knew they were going to be on Texas, I would have told them to be armed or to watch out. It is rough even during the day.. glad they are doing the work they are doing. Learning a lot ie the dog going to the steps, makes me think they staged the apartment alittle..

It might be small, but I always thought it was odd, when you drive out of the mosaic, you have to make a right, then a U turn to go back to HOG. I wonder why they didn't get on I4 and ditch it up the highway.. seems inconvenient but maybe they wanted it in a h crime area..

ps. I listened to the podcast "Unconcluded", if I knew they were going to be on Texas, I would have told them to be armed or to watch out. It is rough even during the day.. glad they are doing the work they are doing. Learning a lot ie the dog going to the steps, makes me think they staged the apartment alittle..

It's good to get local insights such as you have, but goodness gracious I wish people could stand there at the entrance to HOTG on Texas and look up and down the street back then when I visited. Americana and Texas and the apartment complexes are about as middle America as it got, very pretty and serene. Just normal people protective of their children going to the pool like anywhere else. I've seen the innumerable posts on crime statistics but that reminds me of Chandra Levy living on Dupont Circle in DC. Going by the crime statistics people cite you'd think that people were under siege as they went about their daily lives.

As you drive down Americana and turn into Texas there was really no discernible difference in scenery, basically apartment complexes became more numerous. The point being about parking Jennifer's car is primarily POI had to walk somewhere from there. Many contend back to Mosaic due to the dog thing, I have commented on how screwed up that whole operation was (as in drive a dog from Mosaic to HOTG and then be amazed the dog walks back to Mosaic, at least that's the impression I got - unless they broght the dog down from N. Texas and had never been to Mosaic, and the dog walks there, then we're talking about something worth talking about).

But in my opinion the POI was walking to the bus stop on corner of American and Texas and parking was a convenient place to dump the car amidst lots of cars that wouldn't be noticed quickly, and his walking would be normal pedestrian walking. I don't know that any evil person could be so stupid that they think that LE could think that abducting Jennifer and parking her car in their parking lot is something anyone would do. If they wanted the car stolen, then the car would be left with windows down and keys in ignition. It's a necessary step for POI to walk away is all that it is to me.

The abductor could have entered the apt from the balcony.The apt was on the first floor, If the brother and friends forgot to lock the balcony door and jennifer was tired to check it and was left open all night.
Once inside the apt before leaving he locked the slide doors and went out through the main door.
There are so many theories we can think of
In my opinion Jennifer left for work,as she drove away ,she was stopped by someone outside the security gate.
An office worker,a painter,etc.
She knew him ,not very well, but she saw him at the apt complex before, an office worker,a painter,so she agreed to give him a ride.
Once inside the car ,he pulled a gun or a knife , he knocked her unconscious,put Jennifer on the side passenger and he drove the car wherever he drove it too.
It was early morning so no one saw anything ,not many people out and still little dark. Also I think Jennifer left early than usual that Tuesday morning.

This is first I've seen mention of something specific like this, Truth. Jennifer would have driven her car to S. Florida and back to work, then home from work. How in the world would Mr. Kesse know what mileage was on the car when she got home unless Jennifer read it off to him at that 6:15 pm phone conversation. Not saying she didn't, maybe they had such a discussion for one reason or another concerning car maintenence or something, but barring a reading out to her dad of the mileage to the 1/10 of a mile on her odometer when she talked to her dad, how would he be able to determine this?
I wish I had more, but I will paste in some snipped quotes that I've cut from the guest book. It's Mr. Kesse replying:

Quote 1: "Trip odometer- gas level seems to be in line with car not going far at all."

Quote 2: "The gas level and milage were checked and seems to be in line with the car going really not far once in orlando at all."

Quote 3: "No extra gas was used, it seems it traveled very little from her complex, like the 1.2 miles down the road where it was dropped off by Suspect."

I don't want to say too much here because I must be misunderstanding what's being said here, just the driving nearly straight to HOTG borders on next to impossible. The possibilities are an apartment complex near HOTG where abductor took Jennifer and then later drove her car a short distance to HOTG and parked it, or left Mosaic a few minutes before noon and drove to HOTG and parked it. If the mileage put on it after she got home from work was really 1.2 miles, those are the possibilities.
Would you consider that another possibility could be that Jennifer never left her condo building? Maybe her condo unit, but not the actual building. I'm thinking a hallway abduction, with being pulled into the empty, unlocked condo unit next door to Jenn's or maybe another one in the building.

In addition to not knowing how the mileage could have been determined, and certainly if there is some method then the details of that are critical, but in addition to that and the extremely low probability of those two possibilities of accomplishing it, note that this line of thought rules out Jennifer going out after 10 pm whatsoever. Personally I think that's what's driving that contention, but the small matter of where the car was between her abduction and noon is still very much an issue no matter what the contention of her not going back out.
I really do agree. This is where I can't fit any further pieces.

I hold faith in both the phone ping or possibly pings, as well as both cell phones going off at the same time on the evening of the 23rd.

So, considering the mileage, that leaves me with some convoluted theory of the perp somehow entering Jennifer's condo unit on the evening of the 23rd; turning off the phones; spending the night in there, and either showering himself in the morning or forcing Jennifer to shower. But with no evidence of violence in Jenn's condo unit, I really don't think that is likely.

Also, it doesn't address the phone ping or pings, and Jennifer's land line. If the land line was not cut, then I just can't believe he was in Jenn's condo unit. He would not have missed that--this guy missed nothing.

So I'm baffled on every aspect of anything about her car driven just 1.2 miles.
Yeah, I don't know where that car was. I have a feeling sometimes that the car was only moved to make it look like Jennifer had gone to work--buying himself time, in other words. If he actually had Jennifer still inside that condo building--hid somewhere--he might have been hoping for more time to tidy everything up. However, he didn't need it in the end--everything went his way.

Another thing the above does not address is why the lawn care workers who arrived every Tuesday at 7:30 AM wouldn't have seen someone other than Jenn get into her vehicle. Even say he moved it around 11:30 AM--why would no one have seen a man around Jenn's car. More incredible luck? I don't know--exactly how much luck can one evil, despicable being have?

I wish I had more, but I will paste in some snipped quotes that I've cut from the guest book. It's Mr. Kesse replying:

Quote 1: "Trip odometer- gas level seems to be in line with car not going far at all."

Quote 2: "The gas level and milage were checked and seems to be in line with the car going really not far once in orlando at all."

Quote 3: "No extra gas was used, it seems it traveled very little from her complex, like the 1.2 miles down the road where it was dropped off by Suspect."

This absolutely drives me nuts (not anything to do with you, Truth - I so appreciate you finding these quotes!), but because if he only drove the car let's say from the Mosaic to HOTG, then what did he do with Jennifer?? He had to have taken her somewhere, because no one ever found her anywhere in or near her condo complex. Even if he abducted her from the hallway (which I lean towards) and took her into an empty condo unit, what did he do after that? He had to have taken her somewhere, but where? Where did he take her that no one has discovered in over 11 years? If the Kesses didn't notice any crazy over the top mileage on the car, then it probably wasn't driven very far. It's my belief that the POI did not have his own vehicle. If he did then I can't figure out a reason why he needed to move Jennifer's car, unless it was to make people believe she had driven to work and buy himself a little more time, but even that seems far fetched. Sometimes I wish I could get inside this person's head to try to figure out the thought process so we could narrow down where he could have gone with her. I'm sure someone who knows the area better than I (I don't know it at all) would have better ideas.

BBM-I'm wondering if you know if there is parking anywhere on that side of the building? Maybe he had his vehicle parked in a lot on that side?

I find I'm learning a lot, too. My theory has certainly changed in any event. Closer to the truth or further from the truth, I have no idea. :)

I'm hoping so much that the podcast can find that one thing Mr. Kesse seeks; or, the little piece of evidence that will make everything snap together for LE. In so many of these old cases, or even in the new hot ones--LE catch a break. That didn't happen here, and I can't think of a case more worthy, and more deserving.

It's good to get local insights such as you have, but goodness gracious I wish people could stand there at the entrance to HOTG on Texas and look up and down the street back then when I visited. Americana and Texas and the apartment complexes are about as middle America as it got, very pretty and serene. Just normal people protective of their children going to the pool like anywhere else. I've seen the innumerable posts on crime statistics but that reminds me of Chandra Levy living on Dupont Circle in DC. Going by the crime statistics people cite you'd think that people were under siege as they went about their daily lives.

As you drive down Americana and turn into Texas there was really no discernible difference in scenery, basically apartment complexes became more numerous. The point being about parking Jennifer's car is primarily POI had to walk somewhere from there. Many contend back to Mosaic due to the dog thing, I have commented on how screwed up that whole operation was (as in drive a dog from Mosaic to HOTG and then be amazed the dog walks back to Mosaic, at least that's the impression I got - unless they broght the dog down from N. Texas and had never been to Mosaic, and the dog walks there, then we're talking about something worth talking about).

But in my opinion the POI was walking to the bus stop on corner of American and Texas and parking was a convenient place to dump the car amidst lots of cars that wouldn't be noticed quickly, and his walking would be normal pedestrian walking. I don't know that any evil person could be so stupid that they think that LE could think that abducting Jennifer and parking her car in their parking lot is something anyone would do. If they wanted the car stolen, then the car would be left with windows down and keys in ignition. It's a necessary step for POI to walk away is all that it is to me.
Aww, I gotta put in a vote of confidence for that hound dog. A lot of hours and "education" goes into their training and their handler's know them well.

They totally understand when they are working. I really do believe he would have known he was suppose to track a scent and not just take a stroll to wherever he felt like. (And his owner should have been able to tell, too.)

Now an interesting point brought up by someone on this thread, was how could Mr. Hound tell if he was tracking Jennifer's scent or the POI's scent. I thought that was an excellent point to which I don't know the answer. So, it does give me pause.

Also, I read somewhere that a second dog really should have been used for confirmation, and this was not done.

So--your point is well taken but I wanted to put a little plug in for the hard working dogs of the world. They do good. :)

Aww, I gotta put in a vote of confidence for that hound dog. A lot of hours and "education" goes into their training and their handler's know them well.

They totally understand when they are working. I really do believe he would have known he was suppose to track a scent and not just take a stroll to wherever he felt like. (And his owner should have been able to tell, too.)

Now an interesting point brought up by someone on this thread, was how could Mr. Hound tell if he was tracking Jennifer's scent or the POI's scent. I thought that was an excellent point to which I don't know the answer. So, it does give me pause.

Also, I read somewhere that a second dog really should have been used for confirmation, and this was not done.

So--your point is well taken but I wanted to put a little plug in for the hard working dogs of the world. They do good. :)

I have a question about Bloodhounds , specifically in Jennifer's case.....Was Bo the Bloodhound tracking Jennifer or the POI OR both back to the Mosaic? My thoughts are UNLESS Jennifer and the POI walked along Americana how did the dog know to track in the direction of the Mosaic? Was Bo sniffing the air swirling from the Mosaic toward the HOTG and back again?

Jennifers apartment was on the second floor, 2226....
Yep. Here is the picture of her balcony provided by "Shin Masamura." Thanks to "Shin" and the owner of the Photobucket.

vqhzeg.jpg
http://s846.photobucket.com/user/jjkimages/media/bal_big.jpg.html?sort=3&o=19

The abductor could have entered the apt from the balcony.The apt was on the first floor, If the brother and friends forgot to lock the balcony door and jennifer was tired to check it and was left open all night.
Once inside the apt before leaving he locked the slide doors and went out through the main door.
There are so many theories we can think of
In my opinion Jennifer left for work,as she drove away ,she was stopped by someone outside the security gate.
An office worker,a painter,etc.
She knew him ,not very well, but she saw him at the apt complex before, an office worker,a painter,so she agreed to give him a ride.
Once inside the car ,he pulled a gun or a knife , he knocked her unconscious,put Jennifer on the side passenger and he drove the car wherever he drove it too.
It was early morning so no one saw anything ,not many people out and still little dark. Also I think Jennifer left early than usual that Tuesday morning.
BBM - Even though her condo was on the second floor, I admit I have wondered about this. (In the photo, I think we can just see the arches for the ground floor.)

Maybe a physically fit person who went prepared could have managed it. Food for thought?

Here is a picture of the building, but I don't know which condo was actually Jenn's.

1536u7l.jpg
http://www.ocpafl.org/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx/PID/292316578302226

You can click on the little picture to the right at the above link and it expands in a pop up window, plus you can scan over it and parts of it enlarge.

This absolutely drives me nuts (not anything to do with you, Truth - I so appreciate you finding these quotes!), but because if he only drove the car let's say from the Mosaic to HOTG, then what did he do with Jennifer?? He had to have taken her somewhere, because no one ever found her anywhere in or near her condo complex. Even if he abducted her from the hallway (which I lean towards) and took her into an empty condo unit, what did he do after that? He had to have taken her somewhere, but where? Where did he take her that no one has discovered in over 11 years? If the Kesses didn't notice any crazy over the top mileage on the car, then it probably wasn't driven very far. It's my belief that the POI did not have his own vehicle. If he did then I can't figure out a reason why he needed to move Jennifer's car, unless it was to make people believe she had driven to work and buy himself a little more time, but even that seems far fetched. Sometimes I wish I could get inside this person's head to try to figure out the thought process so we could narrow down where he could have gone with her. I'm sure someone who knows the area better than I (I don't know it at all) would have better ideas.
BBM - I'm afraid to think about that too much, honestly. The only thing I can come up with is that--say they were in the process of ripping up old flooring or taking down old cupboards or something like that--maybe he could have put her underneath some garbage of this type and took her out in a big garbage bin that compacted it and transported it to the dump?

Hope not, though.

Yep. Here is the picture of her balcony provided by "Shin Masamura." Thanks to "Shin" and the owner of the Photobucket.

vqhzeg.jpg
http://s846.photobucket.com/user/jjkimages/media/bal_big.jpg.html?sort=3&o=19

BBM - Even though her condo was on the second floor, I admit I have wondered about this. (In the photo, I think we can just see the arches for the ground floor.)

Maybe a physically fit person who went prepared could have managed it. Food for thought?

Here is a picture of the building, but I don't know which condo was actually Jenn's.

1536u7l.jpg
http://www.ocpafl.org/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx/PID/292316578302226

You can click on the little picture to the right at the above link and it expands in a pop up window, plus you can scan over it and parts of it enlarge.

I have often thought that the suspect could have gained entry into Jennifer's condo from her balcony by climbing up a ladder....With as much construction going on around the Mosaic, would anyone have thought that much about seeing a ladder propped up against the building and someone going up the ladder? I wonder if Jennifer always checked that the door was locked that lead onto her balcony? Could she have thought that she was safe in sleeping with the door open ?

Just a few comments for some of the more recent posts. To respond to RD_JFC, I wasn't try to say by any means that the people in that complex or in Orlando are bad. I was just going of my time living there 03' - 05'. It was bad, break ins, car jackings, Burger King stick ups, the amount of Sex Offenders in that HO area alone. Thats all I was saying to be clear, it is far from middle America such as the suburbs of Rochester were I moved from. I received a brochure with the scenery there off Americana and was like, "this is amazing". It was far from it. But I did met some amazing people. Regardless, obviously crime can happen anywhere ie the Mosiac.

To another point you made, I agree, I am dismissive about the mileage thing, however if he did have a min of 5+ hours with the car, I wonder how far he would of went, then why drive it so close back..

:Truth Prevails, if memory serves me well, I think it a retention pond and no parking but its been too long.

Thinking out loud, So to simplify things, was this a crime of passion or a robbery gone bad? The POI either wasn't dirty (muddy dirty boots or bloody from a crime to leave markers in the car. The car was wiped down, but not like "detailed" blood removed etc. Ash tray dirty, shoes on the floor. The 30 seconds probably to wipe the steering wheel down.

The wheel keeps going around and around..

The back entrance to the Mosiac didn't have gates at that time, correct? It connected to another complex, and across from that street it was undeveloped.

Years ago I remember the news reporting LE was pulling footage from local businesses, and believe Jen's car "might" have came through S John Young Parkway, can anyone confirm?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The back entrance to the Mosiac didn't have gates at that time, correct? It connected to another complex, and across from that street it was undeveloped.

Years ago I remember the news reporting LE was pulling footage from local businesses, and believe Jen's car "might" have came through S John Young Parkway, can anyone confirm?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The way that I understand it the back of the property was not gated....In fact , I think I read once that it would have been an easy access to get onto the Mosaic grounds from the back parking area....

Would you consider that another possibility could be that Jennifer never left her condo building? Maybe her condo unit, but not the actual building. I'm thinking a hallway abduction, with being pulled into the empty, unlocked condo unit next door to Jenn's or maybe another one in the building.

To take a trip odometer and fuel gauge, with some hard assumptions about when trip odometer was started and stopped and when gas tank was filled, and say just about matches, couldn't have driven much more than distance between Mosaic and HOTG, I would say I don't think some big excursion was made with Jennifer alive and/or dead. As for possibilty of Jennifer leaving previous night, she didn't go far if she did.

But I'm confident the accuracy is not there to limit scenarios to a 1.2 mile drive from HOTG to Mosaic.

Along those lines, the second possibility, a drive there a few minutes before noon, is of course without Jennifer. I wouldn't even hazard a guess what possibilities there are for her whereabouts in that scenario. Your suggestion would be about best guess there is.

Lots of good info and comments here, Truth. Thanks.

I absolutely agree, and I'm sure if the volunteered dogs were used by DC Police they would have found Chandra's remains if they were there at that time shortly after her disappearance.

However, you hit it on the head. What was the dog tracking? You hav all this police activity up and down Americana, including investigating her car, and you have the dog sniff the seat, and then start tracking. And expect it will be the POI scent singled out from everything else, including massively heavy scent of Jennifer.

Like I say, come in clean, and the dog tracks to someplace you haven't been back and forth for a few days, and we're talking something worth talking about. It's not the dog's fault.

Just a few comments for some of the more recent posts. To respond to RD_JFC, I wasn't try to say by any means that the people in that complex or in Orlando are bad. I was just going of my time living there 03' - 05'. It was bad, break ins, car jackings, Burger King stick ups, the amount of Sex Offenders in that HO area alone. Thats all I was saying to be clear, it is far from middle America such as the suburbs of Rochester were I moved from. I received a brochure with the scenery there off Americana and was like, "this is amazing". It was far from it. But I did met some amazing people. Regardless, obviously crime can happen anywhere ie the Mosiac.

To another point you made, I agree, I am dismissive about the mileage thing, however if he did have a min of 5+ hours with the car, I wonder how far he would of went, then why drive it so close back..

:Truth Prevails, if memory serves me well, I think it a retention pond and no parking but its been too long.

Thinking out loud, So to simplify things, was this a crime of passion or a robbery gone bad? The POI either wasn't dirty (muddy dirty boots or bloody from a crime to leave markers in the car. The car was wiped down, but not like "detailed" blood removed etc. Ash tray dirty, shoes on the floor. The 30 seconds probably to wipe the steering wheel down.

The wheel keeps going around and around..

well, hey, you lived there for two years, I visited for one afternoon. You have the experience. Like I say, really glad to have the local input. And also thanks for the pictures, Shin.

To take a trip odometer and fuel gauge, with some hard assumptions about when trip odometer was started and stopped and when gas tank was filled, and say just about matches, couldn't have driven much more than distance between Mosaic and HOTG, I would say I don't think some big excursion was made with Jennifer alive and/or dead. As for possibilty of Jennifer leaving previous night, she didn't go far if she did.

But I'm confident the accuracy is not there to limit scenarios to a 1.2 mile drive from HOTG to Mosaic.

Along those lines, the second possibility, a drive there a few minutes before noon, is of course without Jennifer. I wouldn't even hazard a guess what possibilities there are for her whereabouts in that scenario. Your suggestion would be about best guess there is.

Lots of good info and comments here, Truth. Thanks.

I don't believe Drew Kesse was trying to state an exact distance Jennifer's car traveled that day. I believe he was trying to state the car had not traveled very far and he gave the 1.2 miles as an example.

That said, I am baffled on how we would know the mileage. You mention earlier about the possibility of a conversation between Jennifer and her father on maintenance the night before. I believe the car was leased and not owned by Jennifer and I don't know what lease state about when a vehicle should be in for maintenance. Another possibility is she told her father she filled the tank up on the way home. Lastly, I know some folks that either claim mileage on their tax returns or are reimbursed by their employer that keep a mileage log to meet IRS regs. (I keep mine AND the gas receipts with the odometer and trip meter readings and reset the trip meter after fill-up. The latest receipts are usually in my car.) I believe that last one is very unlikely in Jennifer's case as I believe she works in finance operations and has almost no need to travel to the properties. Still, even with these - unless there is something I'm missing - it would difficult to look at the gas gauge and tell whether or not the car was driven 2-5 miles or 25 miles. So I'm baffled on where this came from. Then again, I know I saw a statement that appeared to come from Drew Kesse stating both phones were turned off or disabled at 10:40 PM in web page guestbook and Joyce Kesse states in Episode 2 of the Unconcluded podcast that they don't know when the phones were shut off. So did he really state this? And if he did, do we know his entire response (i.e., was his statement taken out of context)?

Another of those tidbits of info that changes how I think about Jennifer's case. I always thought the POI fully intended to take the car back to Jennifer's condo - and may even have driven in the entrance - saw too many potential witnesses and drove to HOTG as a Plan B. I you have to make a right, why go to the problem with a U-turn (depending on where they would do it and FL laws risk a traffic stop) when they could just continue on to the right to some other place. Unless they passed HOTG on the way back to Jennifer's and thought that might be a better choice after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder